Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It's pretty insufferable though, like most CD threads.

e: hata snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I dunno, I'm having fun posting there.

... oh.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Most CD threads are pretty good unless you got Team Zizek or hyperliteralists up in there

but even then, for example, you got gems of posting in the comics movies thread like the cinematography discussion.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

But…it was so artistically done.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Interdictor class Star Destroyer.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

SeanBeansShako posted:

Interdictor class Star Destroyer.

No, the balls don't quite touch on that

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

This is funny (well, besides the obvious reasons) since I remember back in the early 2000s there was a big fan theory/rumor on TFN that Pellaeon was supposed to be gay. Then Traviss turned him into a womanizer... I actually think it is funny that given how "traditional" most relationships in Star Wars tend to be, here we have Pellaeon, who has two bastard sons from two different women.

Actually, that picture makes even more sense given that Thrawn and Pellaeon were based on Holmes and Watson, and of course the Tumblrette crowd loves shipping them more than anyone.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

This is funny (well, besides the obvious reasons) since I remember back in the early 2000s there was a big fan theory/rumor on TFN that Pellaeon was supposed to be gay. Then Traviss turned him into a womanizer... I actually think it is funny that given how "traditional" most relationships in Star Wars tend to be, here we have Pellaeon, who has two bastard sons from two different women.

Actually, that picture makes even more sense given that Thrawn and Pellaeon were based on Holmes and Watson, and of course the Tumblrette crowd loves shipping them more than anyone.

I could have sworn that was supposed to be Garm Bel Iblis.

Why do I know who Garm Bel Iblis is? I'm such a nerd.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

dublish posted:

I could have sworn that was supposed to be Garm Bel Iblis.

Why do I know who Garm Bel Iblis is? I'm such a nerd.

Oh yeah, I remember those Bel Iblis/Talon Karrde theories as well. Also the really early theory that Ysanne Isard was the mother of Mara Jade.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chairman Capone posted:

There's a line from, I think, Vision of the Past, when Pellaeon is contemplating the quiet death of the Empire and the prospects of reaching a peace settlement with the New Republic, and his aide says something that comes off as sort of homoerotic, like, "We all felt the loss of Grand Admiral Thrawn keenly, but none moreso than you" <touches his arm> "If there's anything I can do..."

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

tribbledirigible posted:

But...it was so artistically done.

:golfclap:

Excerpt from Steve Perry's Star Wars Legends: Shadows of the Heir to the Empire posted:

A tall man-no, not a man but an exotic-looking alien-rose from behind a large desk and smiled at him.
"Ah," he said, "Princess Leia Organa and Chewbacca Captain Pellaeon. Welcome. I am Xizor Thrawn."
It was the voice he'd heard over the bridge's comm.
LeiaPellaeon's pulse speeded up yet more. he felt a sudden giddiness, as if his brain had fogged over. So here he was at last, facing the person in charge of the galaxy's largest criminal orginization Imperial Remnant. That was strange enough all by itself, but to make it even more so, he was absolutely...gorgeous!
---
He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Pellaeon. He would enjoy it very much indeed..

---

Chairman Capone posted:

That poo poo's been going on far longer than tumblr. They're just the modern incarnation of fanzines and the like.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

tribbledirigible posted:

But…it was so artistically done.

You, sir, are a god among men.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So, I'm reading Heir to the Empire for the first time(yeah yeah) and I'm wondering how later Zhan books explain the clones and his vision of the Clone Wars compared to what we go in the prequels?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Considering that Zahn hasn't written about anything regarding clones since the prequels came out, you'll probably be wondering forever.

Enjoy.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

So, I'm reading Heir to the Empire for the first time(yeah yeah) and I'm wondering how later Zhan books explain the clones and his vision of the Clone Wars compared to what we go in the prequels?

I think he did write a short story from Insider ten years or so ago that included his version of the clones in the Clone Wars but I forget what exactly was in it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Chairman Capone posted:

I think he did write a short story from Insider ten years or so ago that included his version of the clones in the Clone Wars but I forget what exactly was in it.

Hero of Cartao, it was called.

omg chael crash posted:

He sardonically covers it in an annotation from the 20th anniversary edition.

Timothy Zahn posted:

[...] My assumptions about the Clone Wars were exactly backwards: I assumed the clones would be fighting against the Republic instead of being on their side. (Nice twist, George!)

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Anyone have the "Lets Read" of the Jedi Prince series in a non-archive version?

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Pesky Splinter posted:

Hero of Cartao, it was called.

He sardonically covers it in an annotation from the 20th anniversary edition.

And Timothy Zhan made a pretty good assumption. The winner of the war gets to write the history, which would be the Republic/eventual Empire. They wouldn't have referred to it as the Clone Wars because they fought with the clones. From the Republic's perspective it should have been called the Droid Wars.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Nckdictator posted:

Anyone have the "Lets Read" of the Jedi Prince series in a non-archive version?

As the OP of that thread and the one that wrote the Jedi Prince let's read...no. I never got around to putting them up somewhere other than here. Which is too bad, as even the archived one has broken images now, if I remember correctly.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If you want to get it archived I can get you scans sometime this week.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

King of Foolians posted:

And Timothy Zhan made a pretty good assumption. The winner of the war gets to write the history, which would be the Republic/eventual Empire. They wouldn't have referred to it as the Clone Wars because they fought with the clones. From the Republic's perspective it should have been called the Droid Wars.

And it was pretty much literally everyone's assumption from the moment it was mentioned in Star Wars.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

api call girl posted:

And it was pretty much literally everyone's assumption from the moment it was mentioned in Star Wars.

And almost certainly why George went the other way, to "surprise" everyone. :jerkbag:

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Haven't read a Star Wars book past the NJO and I still think this looks cool.

Edit: Somehow I just noticed "Imperial Empire".

Nckdictator fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 21, 2014

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
By the way, there's a new film in Fall 2015.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So, despite the really tired "Jedi that escaped the purge" (at this point, how many of them didn't?) opening plot, and the typical YA/kids oriented premise and protagonist, I can't help but be excited to at least see what Rebels is like. The vividly exploding TIE Fighters makes me want to at least check in.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Strobe posted:

"Jedi that escaped the purge" (at this point, how many of them didn't?)

Master Conehead :smith:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Markoff Chaney posted:

Nope. http://libraryforlorn.blogspot.com/

His other Let's Read's are great though.

Why, thank you. :)

And I was mostly including my own stuff there, if someone wants to preserve their Let's Read there, just let me know.

I'm also currently planning a sort of web series covering the entire EU, both good and bad, starting from the Thrawn trilogy and snaking all over the place. The biggest problem I'm having so far is coming up with a title for it. Suggestions welcome!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

And I was mostly including my own stuff there, if someone wants to preserve their Let's Read there, just let me know.

I'm also currently planning a sort of web series covering the entire EU, both good and bad, starting from the Thrawn trilogy and snaking all over the place. The biggest problem I'm having so far is coming up with a title for it. Suggestions welcome!

"There's No Continuity like C-Continuity"? :shrug:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Ensign_Ricky posted:

"I'm so sick of these Star Wars"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

I'm down for this, especially if I get a share in the monetary royalties for the image.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Ensign_Ricky posted:

"Jizz-wailing since 1977"

"I bid you all Dark Greetings!"

"T'ra Saa, a tree with pronounced breasts."

Nckdictator fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 21, 2014

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Nckdictator posted:

"Jizz-wailing since 1977"

"I bid you all Dark Greetings!"

That reminds me, I really need to track down copies of the entire Jedi Prince line for it.

edit: Jizz-Wailing is definitely a front runner at this point. So Sick of these Star Wars is a close second.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 22, 2014

franco
Jan 3, 2003

cptn_dr posted:

It HAS to be this!

While we're talking titles, it dawned on me that a good candidate for a book/doc/webthing on the new films throwing out the majority of the EU and the reactions from "raped my childhood" types would be Star Wars: Moisture Farming :qq:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

franco posted:

Star Wars: Moisture Farming

Coming soon to a Commodore 64 near you!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'd actually play a Star Wars version of Oregon Trail based on Moisture Farming.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"You have died of space dysentry."

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Metal Loaf posted:

"You have died of space dysentry."

Bunkurd Sewer Disorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In the Outer Rim it's called "Mandalore's Revenge".