Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Powercrazy posted:

She hosed all the critics so none of them can give an unbiased review of her "game." It's brilliant!

but can they suck her whole rear end in a top hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
So this chick made a bunch of "gaming journalists" Eskimo brothers. What a slut.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lmao

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
ew.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

what the gently caress

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
Despite how silly this whole thing is, anything that puts tumblr Social Justice Warriors down a notch is fine by me.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Maybe no one on here finds her attractive because everyone is gay.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Over There posted:

Maybe no one on here finds her attractive because everyone is gay.

Maybe everyone is becoming gay because of that jpg

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I can't get over how loving broad she is...

She doesn't exactly look super fat in that pic just very, very broad, like a barn door or something idk

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
she pretty fat and gross hair, too

i'd probably put my penises in her anyway but i wouldnt be proud about it

a shameful boner at the very most

HazCat
May 4, 2009

http://youtubedoubler.com/deZr

I think Zoë is very good at using her flow wand and looks very 'Tron' in her video :)

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
long string wand lmao

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Well Kotaku has weighed in with an actual response

http://kotaku.com/in-recent-days-ive-been-asked-several-times-about-a-pos-1624707346/all

quote:

In recent days I've been asked several times about a possible breach of ethics involving one of our reporters. While I believe no such breach occurred, I feel it is important for Kotaku readers who have questions to get clear answers.

The questions involve Nathan Grayson, who began writing for us part-time in March and joined us full-time in July.

The allegations have been extreme. Nathan has been accused of in some way trading positive coverage of a developer for the opportunity to sleep with her, of failing to disclose that he was in a romantic relationship with a developer he had written about, and that he'd given said developer's game a favorable review. All of those are troubling claims that we take seriously. All would be violations of the standards we maintain. Having spoken to Nathan several times, having looked closely at the numerous messages sent our way by concerned readers and, having compared published timelines, our leadership team finds no compelling evidence that any of that is true.

On March 31, Nathan published the only Kotaku article he's written involving Zoe Quinn. It was about Game Jam, a failed reality show that Zoe and other developers were upset about being on. At the time, Nathan and Zoe were professional acquaintances. He quoted blog posts written by Zoe and others involved in the show. Shortly after that, in early April, Nathan and Zoe began a romantic relationship. He has not written about her since. Nathan never reviewed Zoe Quinn's game Depression Quest, let alone gave it a favorable review. 1

Given the information available to us both from Nathan and all sources presented online, I have no reason to believe any further action need be taken. The situation is fraught for all involved, including our readers, whose trust is paramount; inquiry is always welcome.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

lol if anyone seriously thought there would be consequences for any of the shitfucker journalists involved

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
they get away with way more serious bribes so yeah

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

cthulhoo posted:

lol if anyone seriously thought there would be consequences for any of the shitfucker journalists involved

Lol that people take games journalism seriously

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, geeze who gives a poo poo about that even if it was true. I bet these people care more about a video game potentially getting a positive review it doesn't deserve than a lobbyist loving a regulator to get a bill through.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

8.8/10 would not bang

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

EA Sports posted:

eh guys this is an unironic post in the gamers.txt thread.

lol

jesus christ

http://www.mattiebrice.com/category/portfolio/

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Games are art. People writing about games are journalists.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Spanish Manlove posted:

8.8/10 would not bang

:nyd:

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
lotta MRAs in this thread. gas thread, ban op

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

she looks like an isosceles triangle

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Madcosby posted:

she looks like an isosceles triangle

lol that you attribute any sort of identifiable shape to her

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

haha if people think spewing the word "problematic" over and over is doing actual work as opposed to just repeating a retarded, thoughtless meme to signify that you are an intellectual person. it's like the loving ice bucket challenge. I have accepted your challenge to jerk off on camera and then sit there toweling off and talk about how we can all "beat this thing".

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Spanish Manlove posted:

8.8/10 would not bang

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

this forum is full of nerds

Here let me fix that for you.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

as you laugh sit back and think that literally thousands of nerds actually care about this

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Megafunk posted:

This is the gamejam thing that said Zoe tried to take then down:

Those evil misogynists must be stopped

memy fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 21, 2014

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
"All these people saying we are angry about a woman gamer are wrong, she's actually ruining games journalism ethics...by being a FILTY WHORE" - Probably the top comment at reddit right now.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Spanish Manlove posted:

8.8/10 would not bang

heh

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
When totalbiscut steps in and is the voice of reason everyone involved should get rear end cancer

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

We at Kotaku want our readers to trust us...

And trust us, we make fun of Nathan every day for loving a retarded fat talentless crazy bitch.

Your friend,
Kotaku.

Bob le Moche posted:

Hey all, I work in the games industry as a game developer and I also get state funding to do research on videogames in the serious academic field of "game studies" along with hundreds of scholars and everybody I know uses words like "ludonarrative literacy" and "problematic" and is super cool and smart. We write books about racism, sexism, capitalism and videogames that real publishers pay us for. Mattie Brice speaks at our conferences because she and other rad people like her and Zoe Quinn have done amazing work in changing the industry for the better in the last few years and thanks to them I've seen first-hand more and more female and minority students starting to get into games which is awesome. Most of my friends in the industry who make the games that matter so much to dumb kids on reddit do it as a day job to pay their bills and honestly think that the games they make are pretty stupid and lovely distractions for pathetic manchildren.

Hope this helps you bunch of babies out

Babies and reddit! Man children!

*posts a book on why sonic is a metaphor for the horrors of capitalism*
*fucks retarded fat broads*
*makes a indie game that steals ideas from the grey blob of indie tropes*
* is named bob le moche*
*has to defend only people who can tolerate him on twitter*
*is a insufferable human being*

Man, being an adult sounds cool.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Let me, someone who actually cares about games journalism and is therefore probably ugly, judge someone's appearance

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Calico Heart posted:

as you laugh sit back and think that literally thousands of nerds actually care about this

Yeah it's pretty loving sad (i'm not exempt), but you gotta admit, not even Mexican daytime soap operas have this much drama.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Let me, someone who actually cares about games journalism and is therefore probably ugly, judge someone's appearance

Nobody cares about games "journalism" because it's loving garbage, and the fact someone can gently caress their way to good reviews is part of that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mister Fister posted:

Yeah it's pretty loving sad (i'm not exempt), but you gotta admit, not even Mexican daytime soap operas have this much drama.

at least those feature attractive people

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I wonder how annoyed they are they cant imply the 4chan hate mob wears fedora's (a games journalists favourite insult) because as her nudes show so does ms quinn.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

at least those feature attractive people

Please don't body shame me. The IGN office doesn't have a gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

rip

• Locked thread