Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dynamic Cloth Technology
This poll is closed.
Dynamic 18 18.56%
Cloth 58 59.79%
Technology 21 21.65%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

EA must want to reclaim the title of worst company in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006
This year is the year I finally don't buy it. I threaten to not purchase every year, then at the last minute I miss having some laughs with the boys, so I buy it. Why bother without EASHL? Playing against the cpu is dreadfully boring and 1v1 isn't my bag. -1 sale.

Diet Crack posted:

Whoa, you're saying they somehow lost that title in the first place? I'm legit surprised.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Diet Crack posted:

Hah good luck reclaiming that mantle from Comcast/Xfinity.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Southpaw posted:

Whoa, you're saying they somehow lost that title in the first place? I'm legit surprised.

:toot: http://consumerist.com/2014/04/08/congratulations-to-comcast-your-2014-worst-company-in-america/ :toot:

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
fu scud

Rammer lied, EASHL died

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Come on, the PS3 will still have EASHL. This is just punishment for early adopters of nextgen consoles.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
soooo. since I guess my PS4 will be a paperweight some more. any goons on x360 wanna play 14 for another year? Shoot an invite to UKD

I'm a bit disappointed, but completely unsurprised, Definitely not buying it. I pretty much only play EASHL.. as annoying as it gets sometimes, how the hell else can I drunkenly insist on doing the flying V all game?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Well at least I don't have to rush out and get a PS4 this month.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Zip! posted:

Well at least I don't have to rush out and get a PS4 this month.

I had set aside the money to buy one, now I can spend it on the rest of my school supplies like scrubs and a mask. You know, stuff that is less important than video games. :toot:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

eXXon posted:

Come on, the PS3 will still have EASHL. This is just punishment for early adopters of nextgen consoles.

9 months after launch is still the early adopter phase? :v:

Granted, neither platform has any really great games going for it so it's not an unreasonable statement, but I can't think of any other situation where a piece of technology can sit around for nearly a year and still be called new.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

PS4 owns and you're all delusional luddites. Next gen only gen!

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

THE MACHO MAN posted:

fu scud

Rammer lied, EASHL died
Don't blame me I don't work on that team!

If you want to yell at me for playcall in Madden then that's another story.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Pleads posted:

PS4 owns and you're all delusional luddites. Next gen only gen!

empty quote

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How about we yell at you for not using your insider access to advocate for a hockey game that doesn't suck rear end.

We need you to be our cheerleader!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Scud is an actual useful EA employee which is to say he probably has almost zero contact with the NHL development team / process.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 20, 2014

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

LEAVE SCUD ALONE :qq:

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
What a joke.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Furnaceface posted:

I had set aside the money to buy one, now I can spend it on the rest of my school supplies like scrubs and a mask. You know, stuff that is less important than video games. :toot:

Its funny, I didnt realize how many other people were waiting for NHL 15 to get the next gen. Guess I'm saving 400 as well and sticking to 360.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

nthalp posted:

soooo. since I guess my PS4 will be a paperweight some more

but you can play the same games you enjoyed on your PS3 again for full price, plus a bunch of free indie games that you could play in the same quality on your phone or tablet

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Agreed Texas, I'll probably end up getting it on the 360. EASHL is just to much fun.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I only ever play local versus, so this doesn't affect me. So yeah, I'll be one of those douches getting the ps4 edition. Also, my friend and me are still playing NHl13 with that awful FPS fighting engine, so I think it is time for the upgrade.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Narcissus1916 posted:

I only ever play local versus, so this doesn't affect me. So yeah, I'll be one of those douches getting the ps4 edition. Also, my friend and me are still playing NHl13 with that awful FPS fighting engine, so I think it is time for the upgrade.

That hasn't really gone away.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
I really hope OTP is a watered down version with just unranked/preset stats and no more stupid rear end XP leveling system.

I love EAs definition of "next gen" because the way they use that buzz phrase, it's as though it's a complete downgrade.

Edit: Oh my god, NHL Moments is a thing that exists! Has anyone ever touched that poo poo?

cname fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 21, 2014

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Mods please rename thread to "NHL 15 - Well this doesn't really affect me, so..."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HUTs the only mode worth paying. Open your wallet to EA, poors.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

cname posted:

Edit: Oh my god, NHL Moments is a thing that exists! Has anyone ever touched that poo poo?
It barely exist as it's barely anything. I played it on NHL 13 to get some quick pucks for HUT. There were couple fun ones but then there was bullshit like having to get shootout as goalie with hard difficulty. If you're going to make a hard challenge don't also make it long and boring at the same time. But yeah I think I played the whole thing once and forgot it as it had nothing more to offer.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

NHL 13 had a 'recreate the Bruins comeback over the Leafs' moment that was kinda fun in that it was impossible.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

NHL 13 had a 'recreate the Bruins comeback over the Leafs' moment that was kinda fun in that it was impossible.

I have no recollection of what you speak. Also, I believe that scenario was in 14 as it had no yet happened when 13 dropped.

I hope they include other fun gimmicks like, not being able to name your pro offline, doubling the time it takes to simulate a game, defenders compulsively yanking the puck offside when holding the line, playing "defense" (whatever that is), interpreting attempting to changing to the nearest player as a pass 3 seconds later, only ever being able to switch to the D, and a fight every time your star player hits someone!

Oh, and continue making any deke move other than the skill stick impossible to successfully pull-off and/or completely pointless.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

LegioPraetoria posted:

Edit: a truly staggering proportion of those penalty minutes and downey-esque hits come from our pet Franco-canadian.

?!?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

I have no recollection of what you speak. Also, I believe that scenario was in 14 as it had no yet happened when 13 dropped.

They released them throughout the year. I am 99% sure it was part of NHL 13 and was released as a free DLC in May or June of that year.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

I was literally counting down until you caught that.

We've missed you!

Edit: Since I'm one of the bucketheads who jumped the gun and got a ps4 before the announcement, does anyone think it's even remotely likely they might do a cross-buy sort of promotion like they did with a bunch of multi-platform titles when the new platforms launched? It seems like a fairly easy way to build some goodwill which you'd think is something they'd be somewhat interested in doing.

LegioPraetoria fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 21, 2014

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

LegioPraetoria posted:

We've missed you!

That's travel for you -- hardly any time to check on the forums :v:

Rock still has an outside chance of beating my total, doesn't he?

And what's the consensus right now for the PS3 folk? Stick with 14 or go with 15?

Turbo Jesus
Mar 17, 2007

Pop that tarp off.

quote:

Ramjagsingh says that deciding to pull modes was a difficult one but had to be done. He has since told Operation Sports that GM Connected specifically, "was one of our lowest played modes."

Oh you mean the buggy online GM mode that was pretty much unplayable from the get go? Hard to believe.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Surprise! Nobody wants to play a GM mode where you can't even choose which godawful worthless prospect you draft and where the CPU routinely waives players without your consent while rearranging your lines every day.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm sorry but if customers aren't going to burn days of their life working around bugs to utilize half completed features, why should the developer put any effort into programming it? :colbert:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

LegioPraetoria posted:

We've missed you!

i miss the ps3 eashl guys :(

my original release PS3 broke back in September or so so i'm like fukit and all on the PS4 bandwagon

see you guys in 16 :(

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

xzzy posted:

I'm sorry but if customers aren't going to burn days of their life working around bugs to utilize half completed features, why should the developer put any effort into programming it? :colbert:

Whats depressing is knowing that 2k managed to make a fun GM mode and EA has since abandoned the idea that it can ever be fun because they are too stupid to do it right. :(

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

Whats depressing is knowing that 2k managed to make a fun GM mode and EA has since abandoned the idea that it can ever be fun because they are too stupid to do it right. :(

I still can't understand how you could pretty much sim a whole season in like 2 mins with accurate stats for every player. EA takes 2 mins per game and the stats are fuckey.

Sega, come be our salvation. WE NEED YOU! we'll buy your games this time, I swear

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I still wish they'd make a new version of NFL Head Coach, except, you know, make it not suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It seems like a GM type game mode would be better suited for mobile these days anyways.

Like, look at the darling of the week Motorsport Manager for iOS. Basically just make that game, for hockey.

• Locked thread