Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Frankie is a fame whore pure and simple. He's constantly trying to get limelight in instances where he needn't. He is always the first to over the top excite the "Who wants to see my HOH room?" segments. He's always the first to greet house intruders. He's always in every frame of angle possible when he perceives a moment will make it to teevee. Outside of that he's camping it up always in the hopes he gets more facetime.

Frankie is as fake as $3.oo bill and outside of his internet mogul empire of followers (err, Ariana fallbacks) the majority are well on to and sick of Frankie's shtick.

It doesn't help that production coaxes him to do retakes for "good teevee". Frankie's little POV rap routine was a retake, for example.

Frankie couldn't even fit his foot in Andy's shoes even though he's trying to play the same game. As much as I didn't like Andy he played a game. Frankie is just playing to the cameras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Calling someone 'fake' on this show is weird because much of it seems fake, contrived, set up for specific reactions and for 'fake' players to go far.

This whole Team America subplot has changed the dynamic so much and seems unfair to everyone who is not in on it.

And it's too bad Frankie wasn't voted out weeks ago, he's so tedious to watch.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

This whole Team America subplot has changed the dynamic so much and seems unfair to everyone who is not in on it.

How is it unfair to anyone else? Everyone in the house had a chance to get drafted into Team America, and it could easily mess up Derrick/Donny/Frankie's games if they make a wrong move with one of the challenges. (It's to their credit that they've been very cautious about that, and gave up money for safety.)

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

thexerox123 posted:

had a chance to get drafted into Team America

My problem with that is that your "chance to get drafted" is based on your edit and/or pre-existing internet following, neither of which should come into play in terms of determining success in-game. (in my opinion)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Kekekela posted:

My problem with that is that your "chance to get drafted" is based on your edit and/or pre-existing internet following, neither of which should come into play in terms of determining success in-game. (in my opinion)

If you're looking for this game to be fair, I got news for you.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Kekekela posted:

I dunno, I feel like Joey and Donny were pretty much just voted in based on their own personalities, edit aside.

The Team America votes were early enough in that they hadn't really established many of the edit through lines yet. (Aside from Frankie.) Those votes felt like they were still pretty much based on the pre-show interviews/bios almost as much as stuff from the show.

And if pre-existing internet following had effected things that much, Frankie would have been first pick instead of Joey.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 21, 2014

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Frankie is a poo poo because he is a dick, but won't even self acknowledge it, but rather tries hard to justify his terrible action to himself.

If you are going to be an rear end in a top hat, atleast own it in your DR.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

thexerox123 posted:

I dunno, I feel like Joey and Donny were pretty much just voted in based on their own personalities, edit aside.

The Team America votes were early enough in that they hadn't really established many of the edit through lines yet.

I would have liked Joey much more if her intro wasn't "I'M A LIBERAL AND I'M GOING TO FIND A LIBERAL TO PLAY THE GAME WITH". Not that the fact she's a liberal is a bad thing, but to self identify with it so strongly for BB so much was weird. And I was always amused at Frankie's hypocritical impression of Caleb being "He's from the South, he's probably conservative, I don't need him judging me he's got to GO". Really? You don't want him judging you but you're doing exactly the same drat thing?

Then proceeded to form an alliance with him on day 1

Tide fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 21, 2014

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Mahoning posted:

If you're looking for this game to be fair, I got news for you.

I'm sorry you confused my post with an expectation that production doesn't influence the outcome, when it was pretty much evidence to the contrary.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

thexerox123 posted:

You may be right. I just dislike it in general when they leave anything up to the audience since the (broadcast) audience's perceptions are so heavily influenced by the edit.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Generic American posted:

At least with the racists, you could make the argument that most of the vitriol was driven by a mix of ignorance and malice. Frankie, on the other hand... the dude is just 100% malice, with zero self-awareness over the fact that he is a massive rear end in a top hat. He's a dick just to be a dick, and then doesn't even realize that he was a dick (while still calling everyone else a dick).

The worst part about Frankie's malice is Zach is clearly struggling with some feelings towards him and he's just loving with him regardless(I'm not saying that Zach is gay but on the feeds he clearly comes across as a bit confused and maybe attracted to Frankie).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's almost time for what will most likely be the most important night of this season. Tonight's HOH and jury comps will probably be the last chance that exists for taking this game out of Derrick's and the Bomb Squad's hands and striking a counter against them.

And Julie Chen is apparently teasing that she might take the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge during the show. Which is not only a great cause but gives me hope that the house guests will be dumped with ice cold water and made to suffer for our amusement. Which will be especially funny since they have no idea what the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I can't wait to be disappointed :toot:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I can't wait to watch it at loving 1:30 in the morning because of the Steelers

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Which will be especially funny since they have no idea what the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is.

Hahahaha. I can't watch live tonight! My uncle from Germany and his friend from China are in town. drat! But imagine if Donny and Victoria won. Or is it just one hoh? Dear god I hope so. See you guys at midnight or whenever I catch up and post something dumb enough you immediately make fun of me for because I'm a filthy show-only-watcher

blue squares fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 22, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll never make fun of you for being a show only watcher. I was too until last season. Sometimes I wish I could go back.

And I'm pretty sure Julie told us last week that BotB would be done this week. But I'm never sure because I always zone out when she talks.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
As someone who has not had time to watch the feeds in the past few weeks, is there any way that Zach won't be voted out?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah Frankie, Zach's antics that you put him up to for Team America.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Illuen posted:

As someone who has not had time to watch the feeds in the past few weeks, is there any way that Zach won't be voted out?

no, he's definitely gone

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah Frankie, Zach's antics that you put him up to for Team America.

Frankie has no self-awareness, and it's really gross. He's a gross old man.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

rafington posted:

no, he's definitely gone

Well, he better win his spot back and come and wreck poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Britt Burns posted:

Frankie has no self-awareness, and it's really gross. He's a gross old man.

He also seems convinced the show will always go along with his cover up so we'll never know the truth. Which he was almost right about except his behavior is almost impossible to cover up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Haha gently caress off Christine, she went right upstairs and snitched on everything Donny said.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

Donny dropping truth bombs.

Too late Christine, at this point Derrick and Frankie are on their second round of "Devil Went Down to Georgia"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eltoasto posted:

Haha gently caress off Christine, she went right upstairs and snitched on everything Donny said.

Not Shown: Christine walks out the DR, crawls into bed with Cody, wakes him up with cuddles, and whispers everything in his ear.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
What did Frankie say to Zach right before the break? It sounded like "You know I don't like you/lie to you" - that can't be right, right?

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

He said "you know I don't want you to leave"

Edit: Wish Julie would've said that she threw it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Julie shading on Caleb and Christine. <3

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Hahaha "ranceypants"

edit: Oh what the hell, Donny. :mad:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aww. I was hoping Donny would throw Zach a vote and tell the house to stick it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Thought Donny might keep his word there.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Aww. I was hoping Donny would throw Zach a vote and tell the house to stick it.

Ugh that will burn him if Zach comes back in.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Oh Victoria, Zach is definitely not your #1 hater.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Eltoasto posted:

Donny deserves the burn then. There wasn't any downside to throwing Zach a vote - now Donny's a liar.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eltoasto posted:

Britt Burns posted:

Donny deserves the burn then. There wasn't any downside to throwing Zach a vote - now Donny's a liar.

Nah. Zach told him not to give him a vote because the house would use it against him. I just kind of wanted him to do it anyway because he really has nothing to lose. They're already sitting around calling him an evil, lying, backstabbing pervert who has to go and who they all claim to want to call out.

But Donny has to play the game. I just wanted him to stick it to them since I know its a hopeless cause.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Nah. Zach told him not to give him a vote because the house would use it against him. I just kind of wanted him to do it anyway because he really has nothing to lose. They're already sitting around calling him an evil, lying, backstabbing pervert who has to go and who they all claim to want to call out.

But Donny has to play the game. I just wanted him to stick it to them since I know its a hopeless cause.

Ah ok, good then.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zach has style. You have to give him that.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Ahahahaha that owned

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

You know what would've made this twist much better? No BoB. Just 2 HoH, 4 noms, and 1 veto. Neither HoH can be HoH next week. Would make it much harder for a big alliance to take over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

LOL Zach... classy exit.

• Locked thread