Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

loving done, or done loving? I honestly doubt the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Pretty lovely bribe package to give reviewers/journalists, IMO.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The fact anyone actually banged her still mystifies me, she must be insane in bed with the lights off or nerds are literally to desperate to live

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

oh man it's almost like she likes this attention

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Alexzandvar posted:

The fact anyone actually banged her still mystifies me, she must be insane in bed with the lights off or nerds are literally to desperate to live

I'm going with cwolumn B because she apparently doesn't shower a whole lot either

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Spanish Manlove posted:

oh man it's almost like she likes this attention

Hey its like +$200 a month to her Paetron account.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Meanwhile marketing executives are angry about the fact they overspent millions in the last decade on actual bribes.

Who could've known the bar was so low?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shadoer posted:

Hey its like +$200 a month to her Paetron account.

how much is it at now?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

the panacea posted:

Meanwhile marketing executives are angry about the fact they overspent millions in the last decade on actual bribes.

Who could've known the bar was so low?

Looking forward to the leaked sex tape of David Gaider and Geoff Keighly.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011
Gaming has lost it's innocence. Noble game journalists have their integrity tempted by a vagina. Adams and Eve part II.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

Looking forward to the leaked sex tape of David Gaider and Geoff Keighly.

10/10 would fap

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Spanish Manlove posted:

how much is it at now?

$2147.00 a month for simply existing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shadoer posted:

she's almost making a public school teacher's salary thanks to witless nerds and this is what I'm the most actually angry about

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
this is a hilarious shitfest yet I'm still not sure what its all about tbh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i think some purple haired fat chick hosed some balding nerd

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Ahundredbux posted:

this is a hilarious shitfest yet I'm still not sure what its all about tbh

gamers hating women of course

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
~BITING META-METACOMMENTARY~

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
remember girls, sleep your way to a comfy patreon paycheck and live la vida loca. Taste the superior morality

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Alexzandvar posted:

There are much uglier women than her getting laid on the reg. Many guys have no standards. I'm surprised that this surprises anyone.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

she's almost making a public school teacher's salary thanks to witless nerds and this is what I'm the most actually angry about

In a perfect world come tax time she'd get hosed on an audit.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

paint dry posted:

gamers hating women of course

Greetings,
As a moderator of polygon forums I must cordially invite you to join us at polygon! Polygon is a meme sharing website, but it also features gaming news and memes! If you find this post funny, I have posted it as well in the polygon forums too, which I humbly mod ;), but join us on the biggest network of athiest scientists on the interwebs who do fair unbiased gaming news.

Polygon
Colin Campbell, Moderator, Athiest, and Scholar

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

no click zone

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
it's funny cause it's like nerds being angry about nerds being angry about nerds being angry about some crappy "indie game dev" getting laid

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Ahundredbux posted:

it's funny cause it's like nerds being angry about nerds being angry about nerds being angry about some crappy "indie game dev" getting laid

I don't think that's it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
well its also the bit about integrity of game journalism and who gives a poo poo about that

and her being a hypocrite but i dont really know who she is in the first palce

lets just agree that its really funny to laugh at everyone involved

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SPACE HOMOS posted:

In a perfect world come tax time she'd get hosed on an audit.

there's still hope :unsmith:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Shadoer posted:

http://pastebin.com/1ZAen9iJ

Hello Patreon,

In a world where add revenue and indie developer funds become increasingly more unstable and unpredictable, this is an amazing platform. Bringing entertainment artists the financial support that keeps them doing what they love and entertaining their fans is a noble cause, and one that I'm sure does not come without it's responsibilities.

I'm sure it is evident how the reputation of a company is built on it's integrants. A company associated with reputable people is by extension a reputable company. It is also evident that it works both ways: a company's reputation also suffers with the reputation of those with whom they associate.

Now of course, while it is true that if most of the people who are associated with a company are generally known as liars or scoundrels, the reputation of the company will suffer; it is also true that one bad egg will ruin you omelet, even if it is an enormous omelet as is your company.

My point, (although made through extenuating and fanciful metaphors so as to lighten the mood) is that if such an egg were to be found it should be eliminated before it has the opportunity to tarnish the reputation of such a delicious omelet. But, of course, I don't have to spell it out for you. You are accomplished business professionals and I don't have to explain the gravity of the situation. This "bad egg" of which I speak is, of course, Zoe Quinn.

Now by this time I am sure you have heard the prominent buzz in social media and popular image boards. And I'm sure you know the gravity of the mistakes she has made deliberately and selfishly in the name of her own, personal gain. Committing concealed acts of violence upon herself only to play the victim to gain popular opinion and support for a game that probably would have otherwise never had gotten on steam. You know that this is a far greater matter then the fraud she committed, this represents the whole of game advertising and the influence that it can have on whether or not a game is successful. This is a matter that can begin and end here, but only if swift and immediate action is taken against the transgressor. A message needs to be sent to the gaming community that this type of behavior is NOT acceptable, and it WILL be met with professional consequences.

We the people can do nothing then perhaps jibber-jabber in her face, and try with words what we know we cannot do without actions. But professional companies like you who are close to her and support her directly can send a message to her and the entire gaming community that this is NOT how it works, and if this goes on consequences WILL be imminent.

I trust that Patreon will take the responsible step; take the first step to what may be a change for the better in video game propaganda and the gaming community in general. In the name of my friends and colleagues I am sorry about what has happend and hope it will be resolved soon.

Yours,

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Ahundredbux posted:

well its also the bit about integrity of game journalism and who gives a poo poo about that

and her being a hypocrite but i dont really know who she is in the first palce

lets just agree that its really funny to laugh at everyone involved

the integrity of game journalism bit is the best thing that could have happened to her, seeing as it distracted everyone from the fact that she was abusing her boyfriend/ex

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mister Fister posted:

http://pastebin.com/1ZAen9iJ

Hello Patreon,

In a world where add revenue and indie developer funds become increasingly more unstable and unpredictable, this is an amazing platform. Bringing entertainment artists the financial support that keeps them doing what they love and entertaining their fans is a noble cause, and one that I'm sure does not come without it's responsibilities.

I'm sure it is evident how the reputation of a company is built on it's integrants. A company associated with reputable people is by extension a reputable company. It is also evident that it works both ways: a company's reputation also suffers with the reputation of those with whom they associate.

Now of course, while it is true that if most of the people who are associated with a company are generally known as liars or scoundrels, the reputation of the company will suffer; it is also true that one bad egg will ruin you omelet, even if it is an enormous omelet as is your company.

My point, (although made through extenuating and fanciful metaphors so as to lighten the mood) is that if such an egg were to be found it should be eliminated before it has the opportunity to tarnish the reputation of such a delicious omelet. But, of course, I don't have to spell it out for you. You are accomplished business professionals and I don't have to explain the gravity of the situation. This "bad egg" of which I speak is, of course, Zoe Quinn.

Now by this time I am sure you have heard the prominent buzz in social media and popular image boards. And I'm sure you know the gravity of the mistakes she has made deliberately and selfishly in the name of her own, personal gain. Committing concealed acts of violence upon herself only to play the victim to gain popular opinion and support for a game that probably would have otherwise never had gotten on steam. You know that this is a far greater matter then the fraud she committed, this represents the whole of game advertising and the influence that it can have on whether or not a game is successful. This is a matter that can begin and end here, but only if swift and immediate action is taken against the transgressor. A message needs to be sent to the gaming community that this type of behavior is NOT acceptable, and it WILL be met with professional consequences.

We the people can do nothing then perhaps jibber-jabber in her face, and try with words what we know we cannot do without actions. But professional companies like you who are close to her and support her directly can send a message to her and the entire gaming community that this is NOT how it works, and if this goes on consequences WILL be imminent.

I trust that Patreon will take the responsible step; take the first step to what may be a change for the better in video game propaganda and the gaming community in general. In the name of my friends and colleagues I am sorry about what has happend and hope it will be resolved soon.

Yours,

I wish this chain letter would also shut down every other patreon/kickstarter/gofundme/indiegogo campaign as well

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Mimetic posted:

the integrity of game journalism bit is the best thing that could have happened to her, seeing as it distracted everyone from the fact that she was abusing her boyfriend/ex
It be one thing if she was single and having sex with everyone, but cheating and lying to her boyfriend is a lovely thing to do. Integrity of game journalism has been in the shitter for a long time now, why all the fuss about it now? How long ago did Jeff G. leave Gamespot?

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Is it too late for me to have a sex change so I can stop working so hard to support myself and my family and just be crazy online?

Lt. Commander Booya
May 21, 2005

nubs off the port bow, ready the image macros
Has anybody mentioned the fact that one of the dudes she cheated with was literally building a room in his house for her live in and yet her bf was not at all suspicious of this fact? cuz lol

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Mimetic posted:

yeah but on the other hand isn't that standard E/N stuff

Dec 26, 2012

Lt. Commander Booya posted:

Has anybody mentioned the fact that one of the dudes she cheated with was literally building a room in his house for her live in

man weve come a long way from carrying printers

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Ahundredbux posted:

yeah but on the other hand isn't that standard E/N stuff

in the sense that no one would have given a poo poo anyway?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lt. Commander Booya posted:

Has anybody mentioned the fact that one of the dudes she cheated with was literally building a room in his house for her live in and yet her bf was not at all suspicious of this fact? cuz lol

Literally building a room or just setting up an existing room for her?

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Two nerdy dudes make an innocent dick joke about dongles at a work-related convention and lose their jobs and therefore the means by which to support their budding families.

Some whore cheats on her boyfriend to pursue proven salacious relationships involving people with whom she has professional relationships and (some of which) knows to be in some sort of relationship or another. She gets the whole internet to wipe everything about her and has a literal 300-esque phalanx of dicks to protect her from every angle on top of getting even more recognition for her lovely game and the shapeless husk of a body that her ugly soul inhabits.

More like social IN(her)justice.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
phalanx of dicks is a new spell in Dragon Age 3

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Sex in exchange for publicity --> literally an attention whore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Commander Booya
May 21, 2005

nubs off the port bow, ready the image macros

boom boom boom posted:

Literally building a room or just setting up an existing room for her?

Building. It's in one of the chatlogs he posted on his blog. He apparently spent thousands of dollars on it lmao

• Locked thread