Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

PIGEOTO posted:

From a page back but if the matchmaker expected you to win a match and you draw, then you will get negative ELO.

I doubt the matchmaker expects me to win anything as I am bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

ProfessionalNinja posted:

The British people were all nice and friendly. The Turkish people were okay, but I had no idea what any of them were saying, so it was a little bit frustrating, so all I did was carry them to victory and follow wherever the bomb went. One of them tried to add me afterwards, but I didn't feel like having to communicate with him as well as being on 130ish ping every game we played.

I agree about the UK players. They're usually nice. But they only make up about 10% of the EU player pool.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

bpower posted:

At the start say in a friendly voice say "Hi guys". Record responses. Do this in 10 matches in EU and 10 in NA.Compare responses. Prediction ;in NA you'll get friendly replies every time. In EU you'll get abuse around 40% of the time.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. The further east you go in Europe, the more unpleasant CS players you seem to find.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

yeah it's a laptop and I never expected to get brilliant fps but I thought I'd check if there was a way to get more, no biggy cos it won't make me play any better.

From a few pages back.

I've had to go 800x600 on my laptop to get the game to play smoothly and without too much input lag. Don't think that having more fps won't make you play better because it will for sure. Even though I limit my fps to 64 (if i unlock it's about 150) so it wont overheat too much, I can still feel a difference if I go to a better resolution (which still runs above 64 fps also, though less). Also smokes hosed me up on native resolution. So I would try to play with a lower resolution if I was you :)

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Yeah, I'd agree with this. The further east you go in Europe, the more unpleasant CS players you seem to find.

Pretty much any nationality in Europe can be terrible, but the Russians are the worst and the assorted Scandinavians the nicest. I just touched on Gold AK rank for the first time purely on the basis of trying to prevent team meltdowns by never confronting, always voting no to kickvotes and always being aware I can just mute everyone and focus on my aim game.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Senethro posted:

Pretty much any nationality in Europe can be terrible, but the Russians are the worst and the assorted Scandinavians the nicest.

Why don't you take the casual racism back to reddit or wherever you came from?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Any of your dudes CS:Go LOUNGE gurus and want to start spreading around the hot tips?

Do we have a thread for discussing how I should lose my hard earned skins?

Texibus fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 21, 2014

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Russians are just annoying when they refuse to speak English. Players of every nationality enjoy screaming at the top of their lungs about how worthless their team is and how people are hacking because they scored a kill on the person in question.
I used to think this was an age-related thing since I was literally the worst, most unpleasant person in online gaming when I was like 12. But now that everyone is using voice chat, you can hear that the worst offenders are not the kids, it's the angry 30 year olds.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

get leet scrub

Hey you finally got a medal for your efforts. Sry it wasn't in game, you terrible player.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

down with slavery posted:

Why don't you take the casual racism back to reddit or wherever you came from?

Lmao

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Vacban all euro csgo players thanks in advance

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RraLh1EToMU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Anyways this is what I was looking for

satanic splash-back posted:

I have not playing Counter Strike GO since the month it was released, when I bought it, and stopped playing it.

Why is that so loving difficult to understand?

I can't seem to figure out any way to fix this weird high ping in server browser/low ping in game issue though, guess its some strange network issue.

From a few pages back but it reminded me of this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULD69SqkheA

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

From a few pages back.

I've had to go 800x600 on my laptop to get the game to play smoothly and without too much input lag. Don't think that having more fps won't make you play better because it will for sure. Even though I limit my fps to 64 (if i unlock it's about 150) so it wont overheat too much, I can still feel a difference if I go to a better resolution (which still runs above 64 fps also, though less). Also smokes hosed me up on native resolution. So I would try to play with a lower resolution if I was you :)

Thanks I'll try this later.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Necc0 posted:

Anyways this is what I was looking for

From a few pages back but it reminded me of this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULD69SqkheA

That's hilarious and horribly sad in equal measure.

edit:
I found the prefect video for you, it's a twofer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct8U06Wonhk

bpower fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 21, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
edit/quote mess

bpower fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 21, 2014

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I can't believe they are using cobblestone for this Caseking of the Hill tourney.

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
Weird to realize I haven't seen the sun in 2 whole years...

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

pricklypie posted:

Weird to realize I haven't seen the sun in 2 whole years...

Alaska is a bitch

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
Getting back into CS after a long hiatus and played my first Competitive game today...

My team were all MLP characters and the other team had pictures of bugs having sex as their avatars. Don't know what else I expected really.

Either way it was fun and I'm on my way to being a Silver scrub!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

That case simulator is a filthy dirty liar.
5 cases in, a StatTrak AWP Asiimov.

I wish ;_;

Gaben has been cruel to me in all things save contract-crafting (which I've been obscenely lucky with).

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

DarkDobe posted:

Gaben has been cruel to me in all things save contract-crafting (which I've been obscenely lucky with).

I like to bet all of my 1c/2c/5c skin drops on csgolounge instead, I think ultimately it's a better and more fun gamble than doing the trade-up contracts because most of the time you trade up to something that is worth less than what you had in the first place anyway.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

real dilemma posted:

I like to bet all of my 1c/2c/5c skin drops on csgolounge instead, I think ultimately it's a better and more fun gamble than doing the trade-up contracts because most of the time you trade up to something that is worth less than what you had in the first place anyway.

CSGOlounge fulfils the gambling hole that opening cases left.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
All my lovely 10 cent and under skins go towards ridiculous odds blow-outs that will NEVER happen, but if they do, I will be 50 cents richer!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

real dilemma posted:

Oh I realize trade-up is a horrible idea...

But to feed my addiction for gambling, I went ahead and crafted:

Cyrex M4A1S - 1 attempt, got a Minimal Wear - 40 Bucks profit
P90 Asiimov - 1 attempt, got a Minimal Wear - Still have it.
AWP Asiimov - 2 attempts, got a Field Tested - Broke even on money/payout.
M4A4 Bullet Rain - 1 attempt, got a Minimal Wear - Broke even on money/payout.

Considered trying to craft an AK Vulcan... but I never use the damned AK.
Honestly I never use any of the guns except my Deagle (purchased with above profiteering) and the P90 for loving around. And of course Lord Negev.

I realize I got obscenely lucky crafting the guns I wanted on my first attempt - especially so considering that for every $40 covert gun, the SECOND option is worth 3 cents, as with the failed AWP trade-up.

Basically, you are better off buying the damned skin or trading your way into it with other people... but I like my gambles!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Does anyone know if you can get a stattrak from a trade-up?

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
nope, you can't

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Big mouse mat acquired, how do I stop the cord snagging on something every time i move from top to bottom

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Zeus is allowed in MM, costs $100, plays a party horn sound and shoots confetti; chickens have party hats. Best update ever.

Smol fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 22, 2014

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Antares posted:

Big mouse mat acquired, how do I stop the cord snagging on something every time i move from top to bottom

Use a wireless mouse

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

Use a wireless mouse

Boring troll

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

What's up with balloons and the Zeus in competitive?

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Antares posted:

Definitely don't use a wireless mouse.

If you don't wanna buy one of those like, cord lifter things, if your desk is close to a wall, try taping the cord to the wall in such a way that it leaves enough slack/room to move, but prevents it from getting caught.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

What's up with balloons and the Zeus in competitive?
Today is CS:GOs 2nd birthday.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

DarkDobe posted:

Oh I realize trade-up is a horrible idea...

astr0man posted:

It is not profitable to do this. For one, stattrak skins are ineligible for trade up contracts (i.e. you can't trade up your own stat-trak items to get a better stat-trak) and stat-trak skins are generally the only things worth any money at all, with the exception of brand-new case skins.

Example: The most profitable non-statrak items are generally going to be skins out of the latest case, so let's look at the m4 cyrex:
A factory new non-stattrak is currently worth ~$90
In order to trade up to even have a chance at getting a cyrex, you need 1 pink skin out of an operation breakout case. The cheapest one right now would be to buy a desert eagle conspiracy for $5. Next you could buy 9 other pink skins for ~$2 each at the cheapest (cz-75 fuschia). So total you have now spent $18.50. Now you use your trade up contract, except that you aren't guaranteed to get a $90 skin out of it. You are only guaranteed to get one red skin out of either the Case-3 or breakout collections. This means you will end up with either (price range depending on quality in parentheses):

CZ-75 Victoria ($2.80 - $9)
P90 Asiimov ($10 - 77)
M4A1-S Cyrex ($39 - $90)

And remember that trade up cases give you a random skin with a random quality (i.e. you can't guarantee getting a factory new skin with 10 factory new trade ups). So sure you can go ahead and play the lottery and maybe you will end up with a profitable trade up contract, but more likely than not you will end up with a new skin that is worth less than the $20 you originally spent (you are probably going to end up with a cz-75 victoria). To guarantee yourself a chance at a P90 Asiimov or a M4 Cyrex you would need to buy 10 skins from the breakout collection, which means you are putting in $50 worth of trade up skins at a slim chance to maybe make a $40 profit, but more likely than not you will end up netting a skin that is still worth less than $50.

edit: and if you are thinking of starting with bulk skins that only cost a few cents and continuing to trade up from there remember that for every color tier your investment goes up by a power of 10. i.e. to get 1 red skin would require 100 purples, or 1000 blues

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Antares posted:

Boring troll

I use the logitech g700 or whatever its called and i havent noticed any change between it and any of my past mice so :shrug:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Antares posted:

Put something with a bit of weight a few inches above the mat on top of the cord. Make sure it's something you're not going to use or move often, because that'd be kind of annoying. I use a stapler, but I've used an old mouse, a cd case, well you get the idea at this point. Also make sure there's enough cord that it isn't going to pull or apply pressure to where it meets the mouse when you move it.

I don't do this because of snagging. I do it because it gets annoying if the cord goes on the mat in weird ways or if there's tension in the cord. It just keeps things consistent. But it should definitely solve your problem unless you have stuff over your mousepad. In that case, take stuff off of your mousepad.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 22, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Luna Was Here posted:

I use the logitech g700 or whatever its called and i havent noticed any change between it and any of my past mice so :shrug:
Maybe (though somehow I doubt it) it's changed, but I know there used to be noticeable input lag when using wireless mice and keyboards. It's generally pretty frowned upon among PC gamers.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Coleman posted:

Maybe (though somehow I doubt it) it's changed, but I know there used to be noticeable input lag when using wireless mice and keyboards. It's generally pretty frowned upon among PC gamers.

Yeah I used one for my laptop and found it would snap to corners at random intervals and was generaly a bit shakey.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
for only ~$20 u can get a mouse bungee the most advanced technology in mouse cord management: http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Mouse-Bungee-Management-System/dp/B005J2F7NE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Wireless mice are decent if you use a usb extension or something to get the wireless receiver close to the mouse area. If the receiver is far away (on the back of your computer) you'll get the nasty jerkiness and dropped inputs.

Anyway I recently switched off my good old wireless Logitech MX1000 to a corded mouse, and I use a stack of CDs on the back of my table to pin enough slack for my mouse cord down that it never tugs. gently caress a 20 dollar bungee :colbert:

i spent the 20 bucks on a digital gun skin

texasmed fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 22, 2014

• Locked thread