Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendell
May 11, 2003

Definitely sounds like whoever tested your system didn't go further than checking that it turned on, and the guy on the phone is probably under orders to not admit any fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Akuma posted:

It feels like I've been bullshitted, but at the same time why would they do that, and how would the processes allow that? But on the other hand, how is it possible that a fairly unambiguous problem of every disc coming up as invalid not be reproducible? This time I've sent one of my games with it, but that still feels pointless.

I just want to play some sweet Nintendo games :(

I've got big reservations about the people who work in the background there. I ordered 2 refurbished Wiimotes with nunchucks, and they took 3 weeks to ship including 2 weeks that they were in "picking" status. The customer service people kept saying "It makes no sense that it's in picking status and hasn't gone out yet," while the warehouse people gave no update, despite repeated tickets opened trying to find out what was going on with my order.

It's like everyone in customer service bends over backwards to help you, while the warehouse/refurb people stonewall customer service and ultimately the customer. I never got an answer why it stayed in "picking" status for 2 weeks from the warehouse, but customer service did end up giving me $20 eShop credit because they hosed up so badly.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Fremry posted:

Yeah, that's normal, my Wii U shipped, I have it and having been playing it for around 2 months and store.nintendo still says my order is processing.

Mine got here early this morning and the same is true. These refurbs are amazing. Mine looks like it was never touched before by anyone. The club nintendo code in the case for Nintendoland was still good as well.

Can't wait to update the system and get to enjoying this. In addition to the big Wii U games I am looking forward to playing Earthbound and being able to use the gamepad for it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress super wario world, just skip right to super waluigi world like everyone actually wants

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fremry posted:

I've got big reservations about the people who work in the background there. I ordered 2 refurbished Wiimotes with nunchucks, and they took 3 weeks to ship including 2 weeks that they were in "picking" status. The customer service people kept saying "It makes no sense that it's in picking status and hasn't gone out yet," while the warehouse people gave no update, despite repeated tickets opened trying to find out what was going on with my order.

It's like everyone in customer service bends over backwards to help you, while the warehouse/refurb people stonewall customer service and ultimately the customer. I never got an answer why it stayed in "picking" status for 2 weeks from the warehouse, but customer service did end up giving me $20 eShop credit because they hosed up so badly.

I'd guess it's because they are not equipped to actually handle large orders, and then stuff like discounted refurb Wiimotes goes viral, and and they have too many orders than actual ready to ship product.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
poo poo, who brought up Warioworld? I played that tons as a kid. Is it not that good? I remember it being good.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ultigonio posted:

Sure, I can agree with that. In general, I'd like Nintendo to allow one of their external devs to approach 3D platforming again. I guess they just don't wanna' 'cause the genre's considered "niche" nowadays if your box doesn't have Mario or Sonic on it, and it requires a pretty decent amount of time and money to make a good-sized 3D platformer that isn't filled to the brim with padding while also controlling well and so on and so forth.

They should make a big Mario game but pull a metal gear solid 2 and have Wario replace him after the first chapter.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
They should make a metal gear solid game where solid snake is toad

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

JakeP posted:

They should make a metal gear solid game where solid snake is toad

I think they are...

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

zfleeman posted:

I think they are...

Give toad a gun

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Astro7x posted:

I'd guess it's because they are not equipped to actually handle large orders, and then stuff like discounted refurb Wiimotes goes viral, and and they have too many orders than actual ready to ship product.

Very well could be, although throughout that time, they were never once back ordered. The thing that pissed me off was that they changed the status to "picking" which is the status they put when they have the stock and just need to box it up. Every time I called for those 2 weeks that it was in "picking" status, the answer was "That means it'll ship today or tomorrow", to which I had to constantly say "That's what I was first told a week and a half ago". Hence the numerous tickets being entered to find out what was going on with my order.

It still annoys me that I was never given an answer. Absolutely worst experience I had with Nintendo in 25 years of being a customer, and it sounds like I'm not the only one.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Give toad a gun

Dammit this is a sneaking mission guns are for losers

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

JakeP posted:

Give toad a gun

A box.

Cigarettes is also an acceptable answer.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
"A Hind D? What's a Russian gunship doing here?" - Captain Toad looking at one of Bowser's airships

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Austrian mook posted:

poo poo, who brought up Warioworld? I played that tons as a kid. Is it not that good? I remember it being good.
He was talking about a hypothetical 3D collectathon starring Wario not the actual Gamecube game Wario World.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

"A Hind D? What's a Russian gunship doing here?" - Captain Toad looking at one of Bowser's airships

I would pay good money for a redub of the entire MGS series with Toad's voice actress as Snake/Big Boss

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

UNGH! I've never wanted something I didn't know I wanted so much. I wanna hear his "Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!" now.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Commissar Ken posted:

I wanna hear his "Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!" now.

Oh my god I can hear it in my head, please get it out

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snake? Snaaaaake??

BAB-BO

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I happened to get lucky and get a refurb that registered to my Club Nintendo account. With that, Nintendo Land, NSMB U from the MK 8 promo and a few post-play surveys I had piled up I just hit Platinum for the year already.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Aaaauuugh you just reminded me that I may have let some of my surveys expire, turned out I let over 100 coins worth disappear.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ultigonio posted:

And also Nano Assault Neo.

Nano assault neo is pretty and has some cool music but it has loving no content at all. Four levels, like a dozen enemy types, incredibly basic bosses. It's poo poo to do for like half an hour and then you're done.

Don't buy it expecting super stardust, it's barebones as hell.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Nano assault neo is pretty and has some cool music but it has loving no content at all. Four levels, like a dozen enemy types, incredibly basic bosses. It's poo poo to do for like half an hour and then you're done.

Don't buy it expecting super stardust, it's barebones as hell.

Hour and a half, but yeah. It's replayable but maaaaan is there not a lot to play.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

JakeP posted:

Give toad a gun

Give Toad a gun? Weapons and equipment o.s.p. son.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare confirmed NOT available for a Wii U. I don't care about that game at all, but Activision not releasing it's biggest game of the year on the Wii U does not bode well for Nintendo's financial future.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fremry posted:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare confirmed NOT available for a Wii U. I don't care about that game at all, but Activision not releasing it's biggest game of the year on the Wii U does not bode well for Nintendo's financial future.

Oh no what will i loving do without the next yearly shootymans

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

Oh no what will i loving do without the next yearly shootymans

The question is what will Nintendo do without any 3rd party support. Ubi showed a grand total of 0 Wii U games at E3. The 2 largest third-party videogame companies have all but given up on making anything for the Wii U.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fremry posted:

The question is what will Nintendo do without any 3rd party support.
Keep making cool video games, it seems like!!

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Well, who was buying Call of Duty on the Wii U anyway?

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Akuma posted:

I just want to play some sweet Nintendo games :(

Did you see this post?

Fremry posted:

I think your best bet is still trying to follow-up with getting it repaired. Personally I've never had any issues and thus no reason to contact Nintendo's Customer Support, but typically the stories I hear say they do their best to help. Who knows what happened but it can't hurt to try and push for it getting fixed.

zfleeman posted:

We were talking about Pikmin 3 towards the end of the old thread. Just thought I'd pop in and let you all know I started a Pikmin 3 LP this morning. We're going in pretty blind, and we'll be playing through the entire story over the next few months. If you're on the fence about that game, go ahead and give it a watch.

Besides some of the ground textures, that game is just... pretty.

I continue to be impressed with how nice games can look on the Wii U, even though it doesn't have a powerhouse GPU or anything. I'll check this out because I'm interested in hearing what your impression is. Really glad I got this for free during the MK8 bundle, I think it was one of the top choice for North America.

Edit: Shootymans talk - but think of all the people who won't buy a Wii U because they were just waiting for another CoD to come out on it!

CatsPajamas fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 21, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PoshAlligator posted:

I bought one when it was really cheap to try FPS wiimote controls.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

PoshAlligator posted:

No one, and that's a big financial risk to Nintendo. I know that people like to put their fingers in their ears when it comes to any bad news for Nintendo, but that should be a serious concern for anyone who wants to see Nintendo thrive.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Unless you're an investor it is of relatively no consequence to you, the Wii U owner

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Well I am both a Wii U owner and the proud owner of over $150 in Nintendo stock so this is very important to me, from a financial standpoint!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HJE-Cobra posted:

Well I am both a Wii U owner and the proud owner of over $150 in Nintendo stock so this is very important to me, from a financial standpoint!!

Those stock dollars could've been invested differently to net you three video games for your Wii U system! Checkmate, Wallstreet.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

Unless you're an investor it is of relatively no consequence to you, the Wii U owner

Change in leadership, layoffs, potential restructuring can absolutely affect you as a Wii U owner in terms of quantity, frequency and quality of games in the future. They are fine right now because of the massive amounts of cash from the Wii, but that money isn't going to last forever.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Fremry posted:

Change in leadership, layoffs, potential restructuring can absolutely affect you as a Wii U owner in terms of quantity, frequency and quality of games in the future. They are fine right now because of the massive amounts of cash from the Wii, but that money isn't going to last forever.

okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fremry posted:

Change in leadership, layoffs, potential restructuring can absolutely affect you as a Wii U owner in terms of quantity, frequency and quality of games in the future.
They retained Iwata despite having an easy reason to jettison him at the vote (health issues), did you even see that laughable investor Q&A? They're all manchildren who love Nintendo games, they don't care.

It doesn't matter and it won't matter

• Locked thread