Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TV Guide has a blurb about where the season is starting off, and unlike the guy above me, this one has some actual spoilers.

quote:

Where We Left Off: Oliver and Team Arrow were finally able to lock Slade Wilson away, but it came with a price: Sara was forced to leave Starling City with Nyssa, and Thea decidedly left town with Malcolm after learning that her family had been lying to her all along.
What's Next: Season 3 will jump ahead roughly eight months, where we find that Team Arrow is thriving: Roy is now Arsenal, Laurel may become the new Black Canary — possibly with the help of Wildcat — and Oliver feels the time is ripe to finally ask Felicity on a date. Of course, everything will quickly take a nasty turn, especially with the introduction of Ra's al Ghul as the new villain, and Ray Palmer (aka The Atom), who sets his sights on taking over Queen Consolidated and Felicity. Oliver will also push Diggle away now that he's going to be a father. Speaking of family, Malcolm Merlyn appears to be training Thea to go up against the Arrow. But at least we'll see the return of Tommy this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I don't know what you're talking about, its not that spoile-:stare: Oh.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

TV Guide has a blurb about where the season is starting off, and unlike the guy above me, this one has some actual spoilers.

:stare: so many questions.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zoux posted:

Arrow can't come back soon enough holy poo poo.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I just want to know who they're casting for Ra's :(

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

sbaldrick posted:

:stare: so many questions.

If you are talking about the final bit, the producers have already explained how that will happen: Flashback Ollie is going to have a near-miss with Flashback Tommy in Hong Kong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Klungar posted:

If you are talking about the final bit, the producers have already explained how that will happen: Flashback Ollie is going to have a near-miss with Flashback Tommy in Hong Kong.

Awwww :(

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Klungar posted:

Aww, I was hoping they would fully embrace their comicbookness.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

I just want to know who they're casting for Ra's :(

Uh, didn't they already announce that?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Rhyno posted:

Uh, didn't they already announce that?

Who is it, then?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Ville Valo posted:

Who is it, then?

Spoilers, duh!
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/30810/20140729/arrow-season-3-ras-al-ghul.htm

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uhm, this isn't true.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

zoux posted:

Uhm, this isn't true.

ah I see my bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Uhm, this isn't true.

Ah see, I thought that was true. POOP.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Ah see, I thought that was true. POOP.

Yeah Oded Fehr is just a bit too perfect to be true.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Yeah Oded Fehr is just a bit too perfect to be true.

Why must you rub salt in my wounds man!?!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

zoux posted:

:stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

So that should take us to the first ad break, then.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stop getting my hopes up for Oded Fehr as Ra's :argh:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Big Time Season Three Spoiler:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

zoux posted:

Slade develops an allergy to the miricuru cure?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

zoux posted:

the truly unstoppable force....(once it gets momentum on it's side).

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

zoux posted:

Once I have eaten everyone and everything he values, I will drive a fork through his pie.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

zoux posted:

I guess Manu Bennett misunderstood the producers when they talked about the big reveal for Season 3.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Lord Hydronium posted:

Once I have eaten everyone and everything he values, I will drive a fork through his pie.

:golfclap:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

zoux posted:

You have failed this buffet.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

zoux posted:

Deathheartattack

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whizbang posted:

You have failed this buffet.

I dunno man, looks to me like he excels at the buffet.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I knew what was coming the moment I saw that picture and was not disappointed.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Jesus Christ those legs. :gonk:

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
e: sorry,wrong thread

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The Arrow didn't kill him but he did kill Slade's self esteem.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
You guys all have to understand that he spends all his time in a prison cell now. It's a fairly common phenomenon for Athletes and such to pack on the weight when they transition to a more sedentary lifestyle after retirement. The dude is used to consuming the calorie requirements of a supersoldier, and now he has nothing to do all day but sit in his cell and veg out. He needs to learn he can't shrug off those donuts any more.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Lord Bude posted:

You guys all have to understand that he spends all his time in a prison cell now. It's a fairly common phenomenon for Athletes and such to pack on the weight when they transition to a more sedentary lifestyle after retirement. The dude is used to consuming the calorie requirements of a supersoldier, and now he has nothing to do all day but sit in his cell and veg out. He needs to learn he can't shrug off those donuts any more.

But who is feeding him? Does someone come out to the island once a week to refill his food bowl and dish? :iiam:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But who is feeding him? Does someone come out to the island once a week to refill his food bowl and dish? :iiam:

Maybe there's a permanent staff on the island now. You'd have to admit, chance of prison break not withstanding, a beachside facility on an idyllic island paradise must be a pretty cushy job.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

Maybe there's a permanent staff on the island now. You'd have to admit, chance of prison break not withstanding, a beachside facility on an idyllic island paradise must be a pretty cushy job.

Until you get murdered by the inmates, which happens in every comic prison breakout.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Azubah posted:

Until you get murdered by the inmates, which happens in every comic prison breakout.

Yes, but Waller gives them free dental! Do you know how hard it is to find a secret government security organisation that does that?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This is why if I'm ever a guard in a comic book prison, I am treating the inmates nice as gently caress. Giving them extra food, listening to how their day was, telling them I'm sorry for their loss, looking the other way if they got a pack of smokes. If they do break out and I see them, I'll well a tear up in my eye and shout "go on, get out of here!"

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

greatn posted:

This is why if I'm ever a guard in a comic book prison, I am treating the inmates nice as gently caress. Giving them extra food, listening to how their day was, telling them I'm sorry for their loss, looking the other way if they got a pack of smokes. If they do break out and I see them, I'll well a tear up in my eye and shout "go on, get out of here!"

This seems like a rational strategy until you remember this is what Harley did. Slippery slope, Puddin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

Try that at Arkham

• Locked thread