Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Over There posted:

people are taking this extremely too seriously.

What order are you supposed to read something like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
:lol: if she hired a PR person to make Reddit posts, though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Madcosby posted:

What order are you supposed to read something like this

i think it's like when glenn beck draws on his chalkboard

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Landstander posted:

Wait, you read mega-text-image? Can you transcribe

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

I want to hover hand zoe so loving bad.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

The Landstander posted:

I remember an incident years ago where this batshit crazy girl who also happened to work at an investment bank went off on some train conductors and it kinda went viral and she hired some sort of PR/SEO firm to scrub all references to her.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

The General
Mar 4, 2007

There's 40 pages of this poo poo, so I need a little clarification.

Zoe made a game, and slept with some journalists, so they'd give her favourable reviews. Though no such good reviews have been written.
People are up in arms and attacking her because...
-She's internet famous, and nothing gamers like more than making GBS threads on internet famous women?
-She has a terrible taste in guys, and gamers are mad they didn't make the cut?
-She's an attention whore, and this is the attention she got?

I'm not reading 40 pages to sort this all out. Thanks!

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Pawn 17 posted:

The insane info-graphics spreading around are like a deep look in to the mind of their creators.

Sometimes i just look at posts/videos on the internet and get kind of depressed wondering what kind of sad, isolated, misanthropic autist would be behind them

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Madcosby posted:

Wait, you read mega-text-image? Can you transcribe

I had my team work on it and I think it's this:
- Reddit account posts a lot of similarly worded defenses of purple hair person. Also posts a RIP to that guy ISIS killed in /r/boston and mentions they are in PR
- Someone on 4chan notices this and posts it
- Reddit account subsequently deletes all posts
- After this gets discussed, same account posts that they weren't a PR person but instead a journalist doing a social experiment on Internet witch hunts

Of course, given that this is the Internet, that could also literally just be one guy from 4chan making all this up. Or maybe she hired a PR person to make Reddit posts. The best part is this is all completely unverifiable.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The General posted:

Zoe made a game, and slept with some journalists, so they'd give her favourable reviews. Though no such good reviews have been written.
-She's internet famous, and nothing gamers like more than making GBS threads on internet famous women?

"People are idiots"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pawn 17 posted:

It's pretty drat hard to get mugged in San Francisco unless you are really being dumb.

Well, that's pretty much true but I guess if she had her rent money on her, in cash, at 4 AM, walking down 15th towards the Castro, looking around confused like a tourist, or maybe she had fallen asleep in GGP and woke up just as the junkies were coming out of hiding or something. Both of which are covered by "really being dumb".

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

I like this new may may, *nods respectfully towards you* should be the new "im gay" imho

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The General posted:

Gamers are up in arms and attacking her because...

Normal people just see her as a bad person for cheating on her bf, but find this whole debacle hilarious.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Over There posted:

There is ZERO evidence.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
My question is who has time for this poo poo? Are there really that many people living with mom and dad that don't have no lives outside of the Internet and don't have to go to school or work?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

The General posted:

she made a bad game
slept with a journalist, her boss, and a guy on the judges panel for an award that her game won
pretended that she had been raided by some weird 4chan offshoot to get publicity
lied about a bunch of stuff
is accepting donations for something she probably never intends to actually do

and the internet is going into some kind of weird autistic frenzy about it

it's bad though

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Brannock posted:

There is ZERO evidence.

BUT THE PATRIARCHY

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The General posted:

if you want I can put the summary in the OP for you guys but it's this:

gross piece of human garbage with BPD and indie game designer, Zoë Quinn (fake name, real umlaut), has a habit of sleeping around and some of the guys she cheated on her boyfriends/husbands with were game journalists. A boy she cheated on went around the internet trying to rile up nerds against Quinn, going on reddit, 4chan, and even here. Naturally idiot nerds are either claiming she's a malicious slore who sleeps her way to internet fame, or she's a tender flower who's just being oppressed by the patriarchy.
Either way you skin the cat, don't forget she's disgusting and didn't shower for her second wedding.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Twelve Batmans posted:

Lol it's almost like she got more pussy than they did

:eyepop:

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

The General posted:

Gamers are super jelly they didn't get a taste of that 250 pound vaginae

oh yeah my dick is superhard rn. i nees to become a twinky white guy game journalist before this ocean of obese cunny dries up

pogue23
Aug 15, 2002

Son, I am disappoint.
What's a reddit? .. oh wait.. I'm sorry I mean WHO's A REDDIT?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Over There posted:

"social experiment"

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

lovely Wizard posted:

"social experiment"

when exactly was ED reliable?

Dec 26, 2012

Twelve Batmans posted:

Lol it's almost like she got more pussy than they did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Thanks everybody! I now consider myself all caught up!

I'd still sleep with her though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I tried playing Depression Quest but quit when it refused to give me options like "smoke weed" or "become a functional alcoholic". IMMERSION RUINED.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I tried playing Depression Quest but quit when it refused to give me options like "smoke weed" or "become a functional alcoholic". IMMERSION RUINED.

Don't post this on steam or zoe will ban you from depression quest and manually remove it from your steam library.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
No joke I played depression quest last night and it was.... really depressing!!!

Also why the gently caress is this thread 41 god drat pages what the gently caress is wrong with you people

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
People were dragging this poo poo into my Twitter timeline all day yesterday and I feel like I'm about four degrees away from being able to understand it. A woman game developer slept her way to success and this is now defensible under feminism because a neckbeard drew her naked after the fact? loving spare me from everyone involved in this debate.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

pogue23 posted:

What's a reddit? .. oh wait.. I'm sorry I mean WHO's A REDDIT?

gently caress. Lookit this cool dude. I betcha don't even own a TV, or have a Twitter account. drat. Detachment Owns.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Time Dissolver posted:

People were dragging this poo poo into my Twitter timeline all day yesterday and I feel like I'm about four degrees away from being able to understand it. A woman game developer slept her way to success and this is now defensible under feminism because a neckbeard drew her naked after the fact? loving spare me from everyone involved in this debate.

It's OK to cheat on people and lie if you're mentally ill. True story.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Filippo Corridoni posted:

Sometimes i just look at posts/videos on the internet and get kind of depressed wondering what kind of sad, isolated, misanthropic autist would be behind them

Yeah exactly. And you know that person, after feverishly working on it for hours on end, smugly posts it on the internet thinking :master:.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

didn't shower for her second wedding.

This is probably the worst part.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
Has it yet come out that she was loving an engaged-at-the-time Ryan Davis? Because it should. I've got a pretty good track record about predicting his life's failings.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The Time Dissolver posted:

I don't care how big of a slut somebody is, there's no excuse for going online to stir up internet misogyny against them.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

The General posted:

basically this but also
- said game is free, so she basically gained nothing from the PR

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The General posted:

I don't care how big of a slut somebody is, there's no excuse for going online to stir up internet misogyny against them.

There's alsoa bunch of allegations about her being mentally/emotionally abusive.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The General posted:

maybe the point you're missing is that there's no side here without fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
If i were her boyfriend I was cry in front of her like the pussy he is

• Locked thread