Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
that's implied in it being a sequel. instead of having to make an engine, almost 50 characters and all sorts of fanservice poo poo from scratch in like a year in a half to meet an anniversary deadline, they can just carry all that poo poo over and focus on making the game good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
CC2 has been trying to competitively balance the Ultimate Ninja Storm games for three installments in a row and the effort is appreciated, but each game is more broken than the last because of conventions they refuse to give up. I do not see a theoretical ASB handling any better than the original. Hell, I don't even see a theoretical sequel happening because that game was being returned to used game shops in droves and its value for trade in was decreased massively within the first month. But who honestly knows at this point?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even need the game to be balanced, I just want to mash digital jojo action figures against eachother with friends; but ASB is so glacially slow that it sucks the fun out of it once you've seen everything.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
lol if you think a fighting game needs to be balanced to be good, aren't you a marvel player?

Beef Waifu posted:

Hell, I don't even see a theoretical sequel happening because that game was being returned to used game shops in droves and its value for trade in was decreased massively within the first month.
that's because everyone who wanted a copy bought it day 1. it sold a lot, they just had more copies then expected and since everyone already had a copy nobody wanted to buy them, hence the price went down because that's economics 101. the returns were a few angry nerds on 2ch that got blown way the gently caress out of proportion

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish they didn't make ASB a traditional fighting game and made it int he same vein as the Naruto games, they could have such a bigger cast and it would have been more fun.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

darealkooky posted:

lol if you think a fighting game needs to be balanced to be good, aren't you a marvel player?

I wasn't referring to balance moreso as I was referring to the games handling like rear end. I would give more credit to their Naruto games in this case though, because ease of movement is one of the less obnoxious things about those games. Also no, I don't play Marvel.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

MelvinBison posted:

Better idea: pray it'll be better.

Can I pray that people take the video game discussion to somewhere other than the anime thread?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, it's too late. We've gone in too depp.

Sure, we'll keep it out from here on though, sorry.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Several days later, I'm still giggling at :smug: Kakyoin at the end.

The best part is that they kept in this tiny 'lil touch at the end with the rimshot:

Jotaro notices him muggin' the 4th wall.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Anime-only people, and people who don't look at the wiki should know that the baby's name was Mannish Boy. It's not said in the manga, but I think Araki gave him a name in an art book at some point.
Just like how the orangutan captain was originally nameless but then was retroactively named Forever, as in Wu Tang Forever.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Anime-only people, and people who don't look at the wiki should know that the baby's name was Mannish Boy. It's not said in the manga, but I think Araki gave him a name in an art book at some point.
Just like how the orangutan captain was originally nameless but then was retroactively named Forever, as in Wu Tang Forever.

He was named in the Stand Stats screen on Crunchyroll too. But because of copyrights and such, they transliterated it straight as Manishu Boi or something close to that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't help but wonder if Mannish Boy is just his assassin name or if there's a Mrs. Boy out there wondering where her son has disappeared to.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't help but wonder if Mannish Boy is just his assassin name or if there's a Mrs. Boy out there wondering where her son has disappeared to.

"Boy" is clearly his middle name.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

YF-23 posted:

"Boy" is clearly his middle name.

Mannish Boy George, then?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
David Production is now a Fuji TV subsidiary, and Fuji TV are interested in expanding to oversea audiences.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-19/fuji-tv-makes-jojo-bizarre-adventure-david-production-its-subsidiary/.77614

Jojo is currently being aired on Tokyo MX.

edit: I'm not used to the big idiot avatar yet.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 20, 2014

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Kurtofan posted:

David Production is now a Fuji TV subsidiary, and Fuji TV are interested in expanding to oversea audiences.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-19/fuji-tv-makes-jojo-bizarre-adventure-david-production-its-subsidiary/.77614

Jojo is currently being aired on Tokyo MX.

edit: I'm not used to the big idiot avatar yet.

One step closer to airing on Toonami.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bondster
May 6, 2007

David was founded by ex GONZO employees :stare:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
GONZO finally did something worthwhile. :unsmith:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

bondster posted:

I read that yesterday too and was like "what the gently caress"

I guess jojo will turn into rear end poo poo suddenly around 2020?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DamnGlitch posted:

I read that yesterday too and was like "what the gently caress"

I guess jojo will turn into rear end poo poo suddenly around 2020?
Assuming that the later parts get a similar treatment to this, we'd probably have run off, since the manga is monthly now.

Like we'd have pt 4 from 2015-16, pt 5 from 2016-17, and so on.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bondster posted:

people get fed up with creating constant trash

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I visited GONZO once while they were working on Afro Samurai. They had a whiteboard near the bathroom where someone had drawn Afro's head with a marker and I saw someone making sword effects in Photoshop.

That's my GONZO story.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Gonzo has done plenty of fantastic stuff in the past.

Gankutsuou definitely had the same kinda 'flair' to it's overall design that part 2 had in spades- especially with the patterning and color usage.

So clearly David is where all the good members went!

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Fereydun posted:

Gonzo has done plenty of fantastic stuff in the past.
Hellsing notwithstanding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They made that baby eat its own poo poo. That's hosed up.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Kakyoin is pretty hosed up it's true. I mean have you ever seen him eat cherries. Weird poo poo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The hosed up part is that Kakyoin is probably exactly the way Rubber Soul portrayed him under the surface.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

He was a bad baby

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

He was a bad baby

Yeah, I don't know what that baby's problem was.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

How did you feel that they kept showing the baby wiener?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Vagithug posted:

How did you feel that they kept showing the baby wiener?

Between Goku and people with kids on my Facebook I barely notice anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Between Goku and people with kids on my Facebook I barely notice anymore

Looks like I need to get cooler Facebook friends.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Looks like I need to get cooler Facebook friends.

I don't think they've ever fed any of those baby their own poop so I doubt their coolness

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Get Hype. Skip the intro, though. It technically has a spoiler for this two-parter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No one should ever skip a JoJo intro.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quakster posted:

Get Hype. Skip the intro, though. It technically has a spoiler for this two-parter.

Wait, new opening?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

quakster posted:

technically has a spoiler

It's not a spoiler for people who never read the manga unless you go and point it out like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
New ep, Hail 2 U.

• Locked thread