Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beeez posted:

I guess I just didn't realize anyone gave a poo poo about charts.

I don't give a poo poo about U2 but UTU2TM is awesome. Int the end it's just a device to get the ball rolling. Though, for the record, I've never listened to Who Charted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I'm a huge fan of U2 and U2TU2TM is a great resource for all things U2 that you could ever want to know, like the names of the members of the band.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

At this point I feel like I know all there is to know about the lovable lads from Liverpool

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Beeez posted:

They barely do either (they seem to have disdain for everything on the charts, which i don't disagree with). I think it's a cool jumping off point. I used to not get the appeal of it, but slowly over time, I've really come to enjoy it. It really puts the guests in a different mood. I even get excited for the Two Charted on Friday (although the lol moments always come from Howard).

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Finally listening to last weeks whompler episode and liking it made me think that I hope they keep mixing characters more. For a bit there it seemed like there were a million sequels (gilly and pft, whompler and listler, time bobbys, etc) trying to recreate a good episode and which usually end up a retread of the same jokes because it's the same people interacting

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

At this point I feel like I know all there is to know about the lovable lads from Liverpool
I dunno I don't think they ever got around to discussing Bono's real name.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Beeez posted:

I doubt very many of their listeners care about charts at all, but it's a very relaxed show with some good guests and is mainly just a venue for Howard Kremer's strangeness, so I like it for that reason. I also enjoy Totally Laime though, so my podcast opinions obviously can't be trusted.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Tacier posted:

I doubt very many of their listeners care about charts at all, but it's a very relaxed show with some good guests and is mainly just a venue for Howard Kremer's strangeness, so I like it for that reason. I also enjoy Totally Laime though, so my podcast opinions obviously can't be trusted.

I agree, I listen more for the interactions between Kulap and Howard than for the charts. She plays a good straight woman to his nuttiness, while keeping the chart and interview going.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wow it looks like someone actually paid the $5,000 to be on CBB. I wonder which guests they'll pick?

I think I'd go with Horatio Sanz, Andy Daly or maybe Jon Hamm because he's a cool beautiful man

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

Wow it looks like someone actually paid the $5,000 to be on CBB. I wonder which guests they'll pick?

I think I'd go with Horatio Sanz, Andy Daly or maybe Jon Hamm because he's a cool beautiful man

I'm good with all that except John Hamm. His big johnson and good looks and charm would be too intimidating. It's tricky because I could't keep up with anyone I'd pick. Except PFT because I feel like he'd play along with my lack of ability. I'd probably go with Ben Schwartz and Gabrus (Gino) because they're both lightning fast. I'd just sit back and enjoy.

Wait, I'd pick Bono and Adam Scott. It's for charity after all.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beeez posted:

They don't, that's why it's funny. Howard literally doesn't like movies. Not just long movies or a certain genre, just all movies not named Jaws.

Two Charted is great once you listen to Who for a while and start to understand their eccentricities. Mostly Howard's because he's this weird anti-social ethnically ambiguous hunk stoner vegan rapper from New Jersey who spent half his adult life in Austin before it became the southern Portland. The first time I heard him on Sklabro Country a few years ago, I seriously thought he was an 80 year old New York Jew from, like, the 80s club comedy scene that they befriended.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Plus Kulap has a good rack.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

They are officially using the new plugs closing theme, good poo poo

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Terror Sweat posted:

They are officially using the new plugs closing theme, good poo poo

That's a good song.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
If you ever get a chance to see Jon Gabrus do improv live at UCB in NYC or LA do it, guy is a super talented comedian.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Thoogsby posted:

If you ever get a chance to see Jon Gabrus do improv live at UCB in NYC or LA do it, guy is a super talented comedian.

The way he manages to pick up the dumb stuff Scott lays down is amazing. The Schrodinger's Cat goof loving killed me. Good guy, great cat.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

SpacePig posted:

The way he manages to pick up the dumb stuff Scott lays down is amazing. The Schrodinger's Cat goof loving killed me. Good guy, great cat.

Totally, he's got a super great combination of being really sharp but really silly at the same time.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Any time Gabrus pops up on Improv4Humans I absolutely love it, doubly so if he's on with Gemberling

Beeez
May 28, 2012

The Ape of Naples posted:

Plus Kulap has a good rack.

It's an audio podcast. Unless you can hear the sound of her boobs slapping together I don't know how they factor into what makes it a good show.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beeez posted:

It's an audio podcast. Unless you can hear the sound of her boobs slapping together I don't know how they factor into what makes it a good show.

I upsample and convert the files to .wav and then out to the Apogee converters that run to the Studer onto my stash of NOS Scotch 996 calibrated for +9/185nWb. Then listen to the show through a pair of NS-10s (with tissue over the tweeters 'natch). The detail is incredible. Totally worth it.

Edit: 30ips

Edit 2: I just realized how dated all of my references are.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 20, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beeez posted:

I highly recommend watching old Who Charted VPNs on YouTube. Homina homina. Awooga. Wolf with the tongue that rolls out but he gets it back in his mouth in the end.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I highly recommend watching old Who Charted VPNs on YouTube. Homina homina. Awooga. Wolf with the tongue that rolls out but he gets it back in his mouth in the end.

To be balanced, Scott is a handsome dude and looks much younger than his forty-some-odd years age.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Ape of Naples posted:

To be balanced, Scott is a handsome dude and looks much younger than his forty-some-odd years age.

Kulap was a college (aged) girl when they started dating.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Kulap was a college (aged) girl when they started dating.

Seems like she has (documentary worthy) daddy issues.

York_M_Chan fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 20, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gas

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Mustard

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pants

You'd think Scott would recognize the music from Ocarina of Time in the Plugs theme this week, as he's on the record as that being the first (and only?) Zelda game he's played (Having "wasted" time in the late 90's playing N64 and watching Must See TV at Posehn's apartment.)

I'd also say "You'd think that Howard would know there's a new Plugs theme every week, having been on the show so many times," but clearly that guy doesn't know what the gently caress is going on around him at any given moment.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Eh, I doubt Scott has played that game since the nineties and it probably made less of an impression than it would on someone who actually likes games and doesn't view them as a waste of time.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Today's B-B-B-B-ONUSS-S-S-S ep features the triumphant return of Foam Corner, hell yes.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eel hovercraft posted:

Today's B-B-B-B-ONUSS-S-S-S ep features the triumphant return of Foam Corner, hell yes.

There's a bonus ep? It's not auto downloading. I'll check out the earwolf site.

edit: checks out. C'mon phone, download!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They've not put it on itunes yet.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 21, 2014

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
yessssss! I was hoping from the Foam Corner comment it was Don't Stop returning.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Who charted is my fav pod cast and the format is pretty simple, howard says something insane like its regular and kulap reacts to it, then everyone agrees they don't like any of the songs or movies on the charts. I do think its insanely indulgent for kulap to ask for a hundred loving grand to do editing on her movie about her extremely trying and unique story as... An immigrant with a step dad.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It does sound like a pretty Laos-y doc.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This epi may have the first good game of Riddle Me This.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I was way too excited to see this episode up this morning. Don't Stop or We'll Die are too good together.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Who charted is my fav pod cast and the format is pretty simple, howard says something insane like its regular and kulap reacts to it, then everyone agrees they don't like any of the songs or movies on the charts. I do think its insanely indulgent for kulap to ask for a hundred loving grand to do editing on her movie about her extremely trying and unique story as... An immigrant with a step dad.

I hope whoever bought the CBB guest spot is realistic about it. I'm picturing someone really excited about being in a room with their dream combination and it makes me sad.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I hope whoever bought the CBB guest spot is realistic about it. I'm picturing someone really excited about being in a room with their dream combination and it makes me sad.

I just really hope they don't try to be funny.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

SunshineDanceParty posted:

3 scott auckermans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Here's my dream setup: guest host cyber thug, primary guest St Vincent, James Adomian doing the food critic guy ONLY!!, Matt Besser as Hooch the Mooch, and a special appearance by John Daly as a guy who won't ever stop yelling.