Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006

please don't judge me like that something awful forum user post 9-11 user, I can't take your scorn :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Go back to posting hilarious fanart, Moola.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If you're willing to wait a month or two Reaper will be releasing bonesium shipping containers on the cheap. If not they're nut terrible to make with plasticard.

This sentence took a while for me to understand, but I think I'm on top of it now. What material do Reaper actually cast their minis in? Is it one of those plastic/resin mixes?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

SRM posted:

When they opened the new webstore you got a free captain for spending $100. You also got a voucher to buy a second, different one for $30 so I guess what I'm trying to say is that GW giveth and GW taketh away.

Apparently a £3 order for some flying bases gets you this instead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BeigeJacket posted:

Can someone recommend me a good company where I can buy some shipping containers? Preferably ones that can stack as my club needs more LOS blockers.

I have a bunch of this stuff and it's pretty good, has a few different kinds of shipping container and everything within a system is able to stack of connect in some way.

Stuff at the back is first draft and not really available anymore, but the containers at the front are plus new designs that stack with them, Guardian for scale

They paint up alright too

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 21, 2014

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Moola posted:

I am literally shaking.

I just noticed that Militarum Tempestus doesn't have access to Vendettas.
I'm triggered so hard right now.

But seriously, I had a cool notion to bust out my Storm Troopers to be ObSec bros with my Astra Militarum and would have to buy a bunch more Valkeries. gently caress that, deep striking Storm Troopers forever. (I'm never going to win a game of 40K.)

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
"First they came for the tyranids, and I didn't speak out because I didn't play nids.

Then they came for the tyranids again, and I wrote some posts on dakkadakka.

Then they released the new Psychic chart, and I old a chap my spare Tau for cheap.

Then 7th came about and my IG had nothing to fear from nids as they missed their one Smash attack on my armor over and over.

Now GKs are Force-killing them from afar, but there are no more nid players to feel bad for."

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Not to mention you can still add in Inquisitors and Assassins, and now every Imperial player can too.

Heck, if you want to go old school Codex: Daemonhunters, you can use Militarum Tempestus and add Stormtroopers.

In fact, you can do everything you want! You could almost say that the force org has become... unbound! How exciting!

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
I am playing daemons against grey knihht tomorrow, what can I expect from the new changes ?

Also as an old school Nagash/ 5th Ed undead player, that model is loving awsome.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

In fact, you can do everything you want! You could almost say that the force org has become... unbound! How exciting!

I tried to play in a tournament once - but my opponent and I couldn't agree on what the objective markers meant to our respective commanders. WHY did they want to fight over them? What emotional resonance would a victory hold for the Eldar on Signus X2341-5631, and what did the Imperial Guard have to gain by fighting over this desolate piece of rock?

After about an hour and a half of trying to work this out the round was over, and I was kicked out of the tournament. Colonel Straken, overall commander of Operation Bicep, had one last vox transmission to make: that he wouldn't be returning to Catachan for Emperorsmas.

Hello group, it's me - Teabag. I can't play a game of 40K without a rock hard, forged narrative. And it's becoming a problem.

Foul Ole Ron posted:

I am playing daemons against grey knihht tomorrow, what can I expect from the new changes ?

It's still listed as pre-order on the website. So I don't think you have to worry about any changes, which may or may not be what you wanted to hear depending on your chance on psybolts and henchmen.

Sir Teabag fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 21, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Just an aside but I caught a peak at the Nagash White Dwarf and lol they're doing summoning for Fantasy too but Undead instead of Daemons. All Wizards get access to the Lore of Undeath and Nagash can summon fistfuls of models.

His statline is insane and he completely breaks things but I like the model so v:shobon:v

Edit (summoning extra laughs):
The Nagash rules and changes to the Lore table are being sold in a two-book set for $85. Not a full ruleset, just minor changes.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 21, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BeigeJacket posted:

This sentence took a while for me to understand, but I think I'm on top of it now. What material do Reaper actually cast their minis in? Is it one of those plastic/resin mixes?

They call it bonesium, it's a soft pliable rubber-like plastic. They're in the process of converting their metal range into it. For a comparison, models that run $12 in metal are being sold for $3 in bonesium.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They call it bonesium, it's a soft pliable rubber-like plastic. They're in the process of converting their metal range into it. For a comparison, models that run $12 in metal are being sold for $3 in bonesium.

Yeah I've been painting some critters from the bones line and I'm very happy with it. Super affordable way to round out the collection for fantasy games.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

To be pedantic and clarify: I don't think every metal model will be converted to Bones, and I don't think they'll be discontinuing the metal range. Conversely, not every Bones model has a metal original.

Basically, they're two parallel ranges that do share a lot of sculpts, but not 100%.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They call it bonesium, it's a soft pliable rubber-like plastic.

Are you for loving real?

No one tell Moola about this.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

PierreTheMime posted:

Just an aside but I caught a peak at the Nagash White Dwarf and lol they're doing summoning for Fantasy too but Undead instead of Daemons. All Wizards get access to the Lore of Undeath and Nagash can summon fistfuls of models.

His statline is insane and he completely breaks things but I like the model so v:shobon:v

Edit (summoning extra laughs):
The Nagash rules and changes to the Lore table are being sold in a two-book set for $85. Not a full ruleset, just minor changes.

Nagash isn't too bad because you're either going to play him at an obscene points level or by himself. Not to mention he's gigantic and will be almost immediately splattered by war machines.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kaysette posted:

Are you for loving real?

No one tell Moola about this.

If I cram it up my butt, will it feel as good as GW metals do? I feel like the premium you pay there is worth the cost for the feeling of cold, hard, metal slowly cutting and piercing your insides.

I'm very particular about what I put in my anus, no cheap materials pass these bowls thank you sir.

Although with a name like that maybe it was specifically designed for my Unbound rear end.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Esser-Z posted:

Go back to posting hilarious fanart, Moola.

One body, one mind, Altman be praised.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh poo poo, you shot me in my big hat. Thats where I keep my pbnj sammiches :arghfist::(

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Is that marine from the Space Rats or something?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

dichloroisocyanuric posted:

Is that marine from the Space Rats or something?

He looks more like a chubby Skaven in power armor than a Space Wolf.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

BRB converting my new army

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!
I want 40k space skaven. Hruud or whatever, never came to fruition.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Space skaven, Space Dwarves or Space Lizardmen. Any way you go I would love to see a new xenos army.

Chaos mutants (beastmen). I would love to see that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'm like 100% sure there is a Space Skaven and Space Dwarves made by a miniature company, I just can't recall what they call them, but they're straight up Skaven for 40k.

edit:

Found them, Veer-Myn by Mantic and Forge Father figures

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/veer-myn.html

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/infantry/product/forge-father-steel-warriors-with-tactical-upgrade.html

I know there is some other companies that make Squats in space figures as well.

I just wish there were more alternative Daemon models made by companies, that's kind of frustrating.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 22, 2014

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I'm like 100% sure there is a Space Skaven and Space Dwarves made by a miniature company, I just can't recall what they call them, but they're straight up Skaven for 40k.

edit:

Found them, Veer-Myn by Mantic

To be honest they kinda just look like ork conversions but they are pretty rad.
I guess I can only dream of something like that with a legit codex and stuff.:negative:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Bob Olley (a former GW sculptor from back in the 80s and early 90s) makes a space dwarf line he calls Scrunts, which sounds kind of dirty. You can get him at his site:
http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/home.html

He also has a Kickstarter going for some new ones:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/433105762/olleys-armies-dwarven-prussian-army-scrunt-miniatu

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

Hollismason posted:

edit:

Found them, Veer-Myn by Mantic and Forge Father figures

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/infantry/product/forge-father-steel-warriors-with-tactical-upgrade.html

I know there is some other companies that make Squats in space figures as well.

I just wish there were more alternative Daemon models made by companies, that's kind of frustrating.

Yeah, I had a thing for wanting to do Squats counts-as Grey Knights for a while and I looked at a lot of the Mantic Forgefather stuff. It matches up pretty solidly with GW's, scale-wise, but I never really liked their aesthetics. A couple of the models are cool, like their Forgefather Lord and their NOT a Thunderfire cannon, but they always seemed just kind of ugly, rigid and blocky.

Edit: The Veer-Myn look bad rear end and are pretty much exactly what space skaven would look like. The only codex I could really think about that would suit them would be Orks.

Dump_Stat fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 22, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah, they're definitely kick rear end models. Just talking models, strangely I think that Fantasy actually has a better model line than 40k. They're just so many goddamn impressive models from that line , that make you go "Wow" especially some of the Undead War Machines and Dark Elf stuff like the Hydras, even the Empire models are all " Imma gently caress you up" looking.

Most of the 40k line with the exception of Ork I always found rather what ever the opposite of Dynamic is. I don't dislike them I just like the way Fantasy looks more but prefer the way 40k plays.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 22, 2014

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Space Lizardmen

They could have a giant terradon jetfighter a la The Iron Dragon's Daughter called the Terradrone.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Found these for Chaos Daemonette alternatives. Like all alternative Daemonette models are " Naked Women" with Insect parts which I guess is appropriate but seriously make something different. I don't want to paint vaginas.

Whats up with all the alternative miniatures being like British companies. Always found that weird like a large majority are British companies.

:nws:

https://nr-004.appspot.com/www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/preying-mantis

https://nr-025.appspot.com/gamezoneminiatures.de/test/infanterie.html

Be nice if the last sites, change over to English worked.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 22, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hollismason posted:

Found these for Chaos Daemonette alternatives.

Whats up with all the alternative miniatures being like British companies. Always found that weird like a large majority are British companies.

https://nr-004.appspot.com/www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/preying-mantis

The guys you linked are French for one. A lot of these companies are British because that's where miniature wargaming and Warhammer started, and a lot of these companies are started by ex-GW guys.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That actually makes perfect sense. While looking through third party I found this website the stuff here is pretty good all Space Marine oriented, but does have a unit called Congregation of Nuns which I thought was funny.

http://hitechminiatures.com/2_17/product/product/

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 22, 2014

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ The worse thing about painting hot naked demons is that I'm not a great painter so by the time I'm done I don't feel like masturbating anymore.

PierreTheMime posted:

Fantasy undead being able to summon is pretty old hat. It's been around forever and works well because of the blocks.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 22, 2014

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollismason posted:

I don't want to paint vaginas.

If you're not up to spending hours laboring over the perfect blend of skin tones for glistening genitalia Slaanesh may not be the army for you.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

LordAba posted:

^^^ The worse thing about painting hot naked demons is that I'm not a great painter so by the time I'm done I don't feel like masturbating anymore.

Fantasy undead being able to summon is pretty old hat. It's been around forever and works well because of the blocks.

It's been around since the beginning of Undead armies, but I think he means ALL wizards can do it.

On a separate note, I'm hearing a lot of people (not here) say you can cast as many powers as you have dice for. So when I look at the rulebook and the very first sentence under the very first rule in the Psychic Phase portion of the book (Mastery Level) says that you cannot, I'm not being crazy right? It's even bolded...

Boon fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 22, 2014

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Has anyone seen that the rumor is for Necrons to be next, with an update similar to the GK book? Literally just a crammed-in codex for the new rules with nothing new.

I mean I guess it's all he-said, she-said anyway, but if that's true, Necron players beware! I mean, whatever about rumors vs clickbait, but I'm sure this is what a lot of players already fear is going to happen after that GK book. They still have 4 (?) armies left and seem in a hurry to get the books out. Mainly I'm just wondering if this means GW has a special plan for once they are all released.

edit: Haha, Dakkadakka is crazy! "They're just doing these quick updates to get Matt Ward's name off." :monocle:

opulent fountain fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 22, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I hope not. I'm already prepared to lose Baron Sathonyx, Lady Malys, Duke Sliscus, The Decapitator and the Voidraven.

I just want Plastic Grotesques, man. :sigh:

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Boon posted:

It's been around since the beginning of Undead armies, but I think he means ALL wizards can do it.

On a separate note, I'm hearing a lot of people (not here) say you can cast as many powers as you have dice for. So when I look at the rulebook and the very first sentence under the very first rule in the Psychic Phase portion of the book (Mastery Level) says that you cannot, I'm not being crazy right? It's even bolded...

Each psyker can cast as many powers as he/she has access to (based off ML level which directly effects the number of powers you will have access to) as long as you have the dice available but you can't cast any power (per each Psyker) more than once per Psychic Phase.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

BeigeJacket posted:

Can someone recommend me a good company where I can buy some shipping containers? Preferably ones that can stack as my club needs more LOS blockers.

Might be larger than what you're looking for but Mantic does some good customizable terrain that can look a lot like shipping containers, but can also get built into various structures. I think there's barrels and crates that come the sprues, but I might be thinking of the accessory sprues.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/deadzone/scenery/product/deadzone-scenery-upgrade-pack.html

• Locked thread