Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I personally am hoping for Thor's "Ultron, we would have words with thee" after busting open a wall with his hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

Wasn't Wood Harris cast too? He should be a young Nick Fury.

I didn't know I wanted this until now.

He'll probably just be a featured henchman like in Dredd, though.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

e X posted:

I personally am hoping for Thor's "Ultron, we would have words with thee" after busting open a wall with his hammer.

I'm picturing it now. All the other heroes have been taken out, presumed down for the count. Cap is squaring off along against Ultron, and it's not going in Cap's favor. The shield is broken, but Cap gets back up. He gives some inspiring one liner about how he can't submit. Ultron comes back with some 'all is lost' retort and has Steve by the neck.

CLANG! CLANG! BOOM!

Thor and the other Avengers show up, bruised and bloodied, but ready for battle.

I want that so hard, and I don't care how predictable or trite it would be.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

e X posted:

It's one of the most iconic lines in comics history it has to be in there.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

zoux posted:

It's one of the most iconic lines in comics history it has to be in there.

I totally agree, but than, so is 'Avengers Assemble! '

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

e X posted:

That pretty much has to be in A2 IMO. Avengers Assemble is on another level of iconic though, so not putting it in there is as much as a thing as putting it in there, if that makes sense.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
The problem with Avengers Assemble is that it sounds pretty corny out of context of a Stan-Lee heavy world.

It's also a huge problem for the movie universe because there's no set leader of the team who everyone respects - largely caused by RDJ being the bigger star than Chris Evans. The "lead" of the movie is Tony, who wouldn't really be the type to say it.

Unfortunately, he does say the not so good "You can be drat sure we'll avenge it" line, which I do not care for.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

MrFlibble posted:

He should play both. Not joking - the Rock smack talking himself will put pretty much everyone in the cinema.

I'd buy two IMAX tickets.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

theflyingorc posted:

The problem with Avengers Assemble is that it sounds pretty corny out of context of a Stan-Lee heavy world.

It's also a huge problem for the movie universe because there's no set leader of the team who everyone respects - largely caused by RDJ being the bigger star than Chris Evans. The "lead" of the movie is Tony, who wouldn't really be the type to say it.

Unfortunately, he does say the not so good "You can be drat sure we'll avenge it" line, which I do not care for.

RDJ may be the bigger start but I thought they got across that Cap was the leader well enough.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Trast posted:

RDJ may be the bigger start but I thought they got across that Cap was the leader well enough.

I'm not sure I agree, but I haven't watched the film in some time. Considering that RDJ is the one who gets to have a monologue against the villain, and he performs the final act of heroism of the film (putting the bomb into space), he certainly feels like the centerpiece and that he "speaks for the team".

I suspect Cap will become more front and center as RDJ starts to back out of the Tony Stark role, and also Tony probably won't feel too leader-y after he accidentally makes an Ultron.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

I'm not sure I agree, but I haven't watched the film in some time. Considering that RDJ is the one who gets to have a monologue against the villain, and he performs the final act of heroism of the film (putting the bomb into space), he certainly feels like the centerpiece and that he "speaks for the team".

I suspect Cap will become more front and center as RDJ starts to back out of the Tony Stark role, and also Tony probably won't feel too leader-y after he accidentally makes an Ultron.

Tony was kindof the Wolverine to Cap's Cyclops, or the Raphael to Cap's Leonardo. Cap was definitely the leader but Tony got most of the cool lines/moments.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Well Tony is cool, but rude.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Unmature posted:

Well Tony is cool, but rude.

The Hulk is a total...party dude?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wanda does machines.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

zoux posted:

Wanda does machines.

:golfclap: brilliant

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Are you guys implying Thor is a radical rat?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lurdiak posted:

Are you guys implying Thor is a radical rat?

TEENAGE
*picture Spider-man*
MUTANT
*picture of Wolverine*
NINJA
*picture of Davedevil*
TURTLES
*picture of Iron Man on his back, unable to get up*

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't care if they say "Avengers Assemble" or not. Iconic battlecry or not, it would be kind of awkward to say out loud unless it's over a radio to call the team together or something. Also if anybody is saying it, it's Cap. What's wrong with you people.

Thor's Ultron line can definitely work (and needs to happen IMO). I'm not entirely convinced Hemsworth can deliver it properly, but I didn't think they could pull off a Thor movie either.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 21, 2014

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Away all Goats posted:

I don't care if they say "Avengers Assemble" or not. Iconic battlecry or not, it would be kind of awkward to say out loud unless it's over a radio to call the team together or something.

But Thor's Ultron line can definitely work. I'm not entirely convinced Hemsworth can deliver it properly, but I didn't think they could pull off a Thor movie either.

I think if they changed it to, "Ultron, we would have words with you," it would work for Hemsworth. I know it's not the exact quote, but Marvel abandoned Thor's faux Shakespearean speech pattern years ago.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

The Action Man posted:

I think if they changed it to, "Ultron, we would have words with you," it would work for Hemsworth. I know it's not the exact quote, but Marvel abandoned Thor's faux Shakespearean speech pattern years ago.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be the faux Shakespeare version, it's more the entire scene that is awesome, with the beat up Avengers ready for round 2. and I disagree about 'Avengers Assemble', I think Evans could totally sell it.

There are a couple of these phrases would love to hear. I am also still holding out for 'To me, my X-men' or, if we ever get another movie, a big screen rendition of this.

e X fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 21, 2014

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Away all Goats posted:

I don't care if they say "Avengers Assemble" or not. Iconic battlecry or not, it would be kind of awkward to say out loud unless it's over a radio to call the team together or something. Also if anybody is saying it, it's Cap. What's wrong with you people.

I disagree. Remember the hot where it pans around the team and you get to see each hero in turn? It was pretty much the money shot from the trailer. That would have been a perfect time to drop an Avengers Assemble, providing they had introduced the teams name. I can easily see the second film doing a callback to that scene.

And having re watched the film with the GF, it still holds up.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

theflyingorc posted:

TEENAGE
*picture Spider-man*
MUTANT
*picture of Wolverine*
NINJA
*picture of Davedevil*
TURTLES

So that's why he's called shellhead.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
They all have little communicator cards in the comics, why not in the movie? It'd be pretty cool to have the avengers card start beeping, and when they pull it out of their pocket there's a little hologram of Evans going "Avengers Assemble."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I still think the best plot for an Avengers movie is to have them all trying bring in the Hulk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

WickedHate posted:

So that's why he's called shellhead.

Don't you start

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

e X posted:

Yeah, it doesn't have to be the faux Shakespeare version, it's more the entire scene that is awesome, with the beat up Avengers ready for round 2. and I disagree about 'Avengers Assemble', I think Evans could totally sell it.

There are a couple of these phrases would love to hear. I am also still holding out for 'To me, my X-men' or, if we ever get another movie, a big screen rendition of this.

"Welcome, to DIE!" Or bust :colbert:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

theflyingorc posted:

TEENAGE
*picture Spider-man*
MUTANT
*picture of Wolverine*
NINJA
*picture of Davedevil*
TURTLES

People on the bus must have thought i was insane as I burst out laughing at this.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

theflyingorc posted:

"You want to be a war machine?"

Unmature
May 9, 2008
"Get that... that HULK!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"We're Iron Mongers, Tony."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want AoU to end with someone saying "That sure was a day unlike any other!"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

e X posted:

Thanks to the existences of (entirely unrelated) Avengers TV series in the UK the Marvel movie ended up being called "Avengers Assemble" there.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

Well you can be the hero without being the leader.

Tony is the hero because he's the one that gets the Big Dramatic Character Growth moments.

Cap is the leader because he is the one who tells people to do stuff, such as assembling.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Unmature posted:

"Get that... that HULK!"

"It was some kind of man...some kind of...pac man."

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

"We're Iron Mongers, Tony."

I thought Bridges pulled off everything about his role so darn well. People give a lot of props to RDJ but I think part of the reason iron man 1 is the best is because of Jeff Bridges.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

I thought Bridges pulled off everything about his role so darn well. People give a lot of props to RDJ but I think part of the reason iron man 1 is the best is because of Jeff Bridges.

Is that his only villain role? Not Tron 2 don't even go there.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Rooster Cogburn was sort of an antihero? Iunno kinda reaching.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yeah, I didn't think the Iron Monger line was all that bad.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Too bad they didn't have Rourke shoe-horn in the names his character was based on. I really wanted to see how awkward people can get once he mumbles something about whiplashes and crimson dynamos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

zoux posted:

No, there's an old film of his where he's pretty drat villainous. I'd say what but it's kind of a surprise.

• Locked thread