Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I just beat Bowser's Galactic Reactor today in Super Mario Galaxy and holy poo poo is it one of the best levels of anything I've ever played. :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
SMG2's "final" level is better.

PoshAlligator posted:

Well, who was buying Call of Duty on the Wii U anyway?

And so there it is, the exact reason the game's not coming to the system.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just beat NSMBU's main game and man, I'm glad the Bowser fight wasn't yet another "let's turn this into an autoscrolling platformer." That game's a lot of fun.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Bruceski posted:

I just beat NSMBU's main game and man, I'm glad the Bowser fight wasn't yet another "let's turn this into an autoscrolling platformer." That game's a lot of fun.

Wait really? This always bugged me about the NSMB games.

Into the Gamefly queue it goes, I guess!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Snake should have not eaten those mushrooms

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fremry posted:

Change in leadership, layoffs, potential restructuring can absolutely affect you as a Wii U owner in terms of quantity, frequency and quality of games in the future. They are fine right now because of the massive amounts of cash from the Wii, but that money isn't going to last forever.

*jotting down notes* Hmm yeah *continues to write notes* I see *camera pans around revealing notepad, pages contain the words "THIS DUDE'S A BIG IDIOT NERD" and nothing else*

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ultigonio posted:

SMG2's "final" level is better.

Why you gotta play SMG1 first.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well a change of leadership and stuff is probably a cause for concern. I mean look how far Blizzard has fallen from grace after merging with activision and all their good people left. I mean yeah the company is still around but Diablo 3 is the only thing going for it since all their other games are poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

*jotting down notes* Hmm yeah *continues to write notes* I see *camera pans around revealing notepad, pages contain the words "THIS DUDE'S A BIG IDIOT NERD" and nothing else*

If Reggie asked me to wear a dress, I probably would.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

elf help book posted:

If Reggie asked me to wear a dress, I probably would.

He would probably ask you to lay down and he would eat a bigfoot pizza off your dress.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Taint Reaper posted:

He would probably ask you to lay down and he would eat a bigfoot pizza off your dress.

That would be cool.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

absolutely anything posted:

:lol:

Seriously Super Mario Galaxy is the best and I can't wait to do this poo poo all over again as Luigi, the superior Mario Bro.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

codenameFANGIO posted:

Seriously Super Mario Galaxy is the best and I can't wait to do this poo poo all over again as Rosilina, the superior Mario Bro.

Eventual HD Remake :colbert:

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Seriously Super Mario Galaxy is the best and I can't wait to do this poo poo all over again as Luigi, the superior Mario Bro.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Eventual HD Remake :colbert:

HD Remake for Mario Sunshine, sequel for Mario Galaxy. :colbert:

Actually, thinking of multiple characters for Mario Galaxy, it's been in the vein of Mario games focused on single player. If there was a Mario Galaxy U, would people want to see it continue that tradition or have more multiplayer?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I am approximately a million times more interested in Splatoon than I've ever been in any Call of Duty or other similar grey-and-brown shootman games

I think there may be a difference in demographics here

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Why are you guys surprised CoD isn't coming to the Wii U? It's been an Xbox Exclusive (tm) for years according to a bunch of advertisements I've seen sponsored by Mountain Dew DOUBLE XP

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mercury Crusader posted:

Why are you guys surprised CoD isn't coming to the Wii U? It's been an Xbox Exclusive (tm) for years according to a bunch of advertisements I've seen sponsored by Mountain Dew DOUBLE XP

Rise of the Tomb Raider was the best at that :allears: EXCLUSIVE THIS HOLIDAY (only)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Fremry posted:

No one, and that's a big financial risk to Nintendo. I know that people like to put their fingers in their ears when it comes to any bad news for Nintendo, but that should be a serious concern for anyone who wants to see Nintendo thrive.

Unless you're someone who wants to see the death of Nintendo in everything, Activision not releasing their next Call of Duty on the platform is something of absolutely no consequence. It wasn't any secret that the previous two releases might as well have not even come out at all for all the impact they had. CoD might be a big release, but shockingly it seems that the audience that buys the Wii U doesn't give a flying gently caress about it.

Yeah, it reflects larger issues throughout the entire video game industry (the inability for Nintendo and other game companies to cross audiences, for example), but it's not like Activision has announced that the new Skylanders won't be coming to the Wii U. That would be a bad sign.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Finally got my hands on All Stars Mario, and am I mistaken or was the whole "hold down the jump button for extra height on bounce" mechanic only introduced in Super Mario bros 3?

P.S. Tried to order a Wii U off of Nintendo's site and the bastards really are serious about US credit cards only. I live in california and my shipping and billing addresses are all here, but my card is from England. Refused to go through. Will have to figure out another way around the issue.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Finally got my hands on All Stars Mario, and am I mistaken or was the whole "hold down the jump button for extra height on bounce" mechanic only introduced in Super Mario bros 3?
It was introduced in the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I know it plays into the "nintendo just makes the same thing over and over again" complaint that I hate so much but I would be so loving pumped for a "Mario Galaxy U" title. Galaxy in HD man, galaxy in HD

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Finished world 1 of NSMBU. It's nothing mindblowing so far and I really wish I could just replace the game's soundtrack with 3D World's (I am sick of the wahwahs) but I am absolutely in love with the squirrel powerup. I find it pretty fun to use. I was also unaware that they patched the game back in 2013 to enable use of Pro controllers in multiplayer, so it'll be nice to play with friends.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I just bought a WiiU tonight. :toot:

Dumb question: before I use it, do I have to let the WiiU tablet completely charge or can I use it straight out of the box? I have let it charge for about 20 mins or so while I got everything set up under the TV.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

A partial charge on the Gamepad should be fine, but you can also just use it while plugged in if the outlet is in a handy spot.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure why AW not coming to the Wii U is news, we knew that from the moment they announced the game.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Fremry posted:

Change in leadership, layoffs, potential restructuring can absolutely affect you as a Wii U owner in terms of quantity, frequency and quality of games in the future. They are fine right now because of the massive amounts of cash from the Wii, but that money isn't going to last forever.

Quoting to laugh at your retarded rear end. Acting like you got business sense and poo poo after taking a day of econ 101

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

13/f/cali posted:

Finished world 1 of NSMBU. It's nothing mindblowing so far and I really wish I could just replace the game's soundtrack with 3D World's (I am sick of the wahwahs) but I am absolutely in love with the squirrel powerup. I find it pretty fun to use. I was also unaware that they patched the game back in 2013 to enable use of Pro controllers in multiplayer, so it'll be nice to play with friends.

World 1 is rather weak, the game picks up after that. And I mean from about level 2-2 on, not ten hours in or anything.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Fremry posted:

No one, and that's a big financial risk to Nintendo. I know that people like to put their fingers in their ears when it comes to any bad news for Nintendo, but that should be a serious concern for anyone who wants to see Nintendo thrive.
Yeah, no. Nobody ever expected to play games like Call of Duty on the Wii U and nobody cares either.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Does anyone know why I can't grab the vines at 2:59? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M25OrwxRKdI&t=150s

I managed to do it the first time, but then I accidentally let go of the button to hold on. Now I've tried this 15 times and I continually bounce off that wall and fall, after collecting the G.

edit: nevermind Donkey Kong decided to grab those loving vines my first shot after posting.

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 22, 2014

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

A partial charge on the Gamepad should be fine, but you can also just use it while plugged in if the outlet is in a handy spot.

There was a handy spot, so thanks! As it turns out, I needed to install the update anyway, so I have plenty of time to let it charge for a while.

I got the Super Mario/Luigi U bundle, MK8, Super Mario 3D World, and $20 in Nintendobux since at least on Wii, they didn't take American Express. Incidentally, has that changed, btw?

I was thinking of going on ahead and using my Nintendobux for Earthbound. I already have it on SNES, but the thought of playing it in bed is super intriguing. Is there anything else that's a must try? I assume stuff like Wonderful 101 and Pikmin are still full price in the Nintendo store.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
Shovel Knight if you don't have it on something else

NES Remix is also good

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Wonderful 101 actually bombed (surprising absolutely no one) so it's only 30bux instead of 60. Try the demo first, because it's not for everyone, but it's really good and totally worth it.

E: Also yes, Shovel Knight owns and everyone should buy it.

Artix fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 22, 2014

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
No actually W101 is amazing and for everyone, but a copy sight unseen. Buy two.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Gutcruncher posted:

Try the demo first. Despite some vocal posters, opinions are mixed on the game.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Wonderful 101 is the best action game of all time

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gutcruncher posted:

I agree buy two

Because you'll break the first copy in a rage trying to draw the hammer under pressure, but the game will fail to recognize it while trying to get the pure platinum trophy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Listen to this man.

If you don't like it it's your fault and you should buy another copy to hide your shame.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If they did a re-release and got rid of the pad drawing it probably would be a better game for it, since the majority of wii-U games have abandoned the pad for anything vital.

I don't think any of the big wii-u releases up to 2015 are going to use the second screen for anything major. It's like the DS's second screen being regulated to just maps and inventory.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

W101 is not a good video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Kaubocks posted:

W101 is not a good video games.

I'm going to beat the poo poo out of you

• Locked thread