Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Going by the Nickelodeon forums, I'd expect that most of the people who visit the site (to do anything but watch episodes) are preteens. I'm not really worried about 11-year-olds obsessing over fictional romance.

So on a similar note, the great people at the Korra Nation tumblr uploaded a short animated gif of Zaheer freaking out and screaming something. So the lip-readers of tumblr decided he's saying "P'Li," and now P'Li is totally going to die.

If they want to milk Zaheer's relationship with P'Li for some dramatic tension, I feel like they should have mentioned it at some point in the season, apart from the episode she was introduced. It wouldn't surprise me if a number of viewers have forgotten they're supposed to be a couple.

Wildeyes fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Jackard posted:

Tenzin x Zaheer

Goddamnit I saw that post and was like, "I have the perfect response," scrolled down and saw the only one suggested was the joke I wanted to make. :saddowns:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Wildeyes posted:

So the lip-readers of tumblr

Animation does not work that way!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no I just realized I'm hyped for tomorrow. I don't wanna be hyped, you guys.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Insiders have stated that this finale was really well done! :v:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm nervous as all hell :ohdear:

I just can't shake that they are gonna off Tenzin. It seems to me that its a writing trope for a doomed character when they tell another "I'll think about it." In this case with Jinora and her tattoos. It's what kind of made me think it was gonna happen in the first place.

I hope I'm wrong.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

What time does Nick usually make the episodes available?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Hebug posted:

What time does Nick usually make the episodes available?

Two weeks before the season airs.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
The episodes are supposed to be on Nick.com at noon EST.

But if you're not a chump and you bought the eps on Amazon, they'll probably be up sometime in the early hours of the morning.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Wildeyes posted:

The episodes are supposed to be on Nick.com at noon EST.

But if you're not a chump and you bought the eps on Amazon, they'll probably be up sometime in the early hours of the morning.
Thanks for reminding me to stay the hell away from everything not nick.com until I've seen the finale.

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

VanSandman posted:

I like that relationship drama* hasn't been a plot point AT ALL during season 3. Maybe a cursory mention of it in episode one?
*Of the dating sort.

Well there was the conversation between Bolin and the two Red Lotus members.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

VanSandman posted:

I like that relationship drama* hasn't been a plot point AT ALL during season 3. Maybe a cursory mention of it in episode one?
*Of the dating sort.

I mean Jinora/Kai and Bolin/Opal are ~present~ and vaguely affect things but those are pretty unobtrusive compared to the Teenage Love Carousel we used to have, so it is okay.

Korra + Asami bromance is way better than any ol' romantic subplot anyway.

It's cool that this show is good now.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

PupsOfWar posted:

If the finale doesn't disappoint, I nominate this for the Book 4 thread title.

Hauldren Collider
Dec 31, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

I mean Jinora/Kai and Bolin/Opal are ~present~ and vaguely affect things but those are pretty unobtrusive compared to the Teenage Love Carousel we used to have, so it is okay.

Korra + Asami bromance is way better than any ol' romantic subplot anyway.

God, that was the worst part of both of the first two seasons. I get the feeling they saw all the loving Katara & Aang or Zuko poo poo that tumblr shat out and figured that just cause there are fans that are super into that stuff that it's a good idea to throw it in the show. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Hauldren Collider posted:

God, that was the worst part of both of the first two seasons. I get the feeling they saw all the loving Katara & Aang or Zuko poo poo that tumblr shat out and figured that just cause there are fans that are super into that stuff that it's a good idea to throw it in the show. Nothing could be further from the truth.

They had romance stuff in because they like to write romance stuff. One of them said that (either in an interview or on their tumblr) sometime after season 1 ended, IIRC. It's just unfortunate they're not actually good at writing that stuff.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Welp. That sure was a thing. :smithcloud:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Toshimo posted:

Welp. That sure was a thing. :smithcloud:

Is it out on Amazon already?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah it's on Amazon now.

And it really has to be seen to be believed.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

nutranurse posted:

I just saw the "Which Ship Do You Want To Happen More" poll on Nick's Korra site and oh god guys please don't encourage that subsection of your fandom. :cripes:

I don't really understand why goons think it's such a horrible thing to want two fictional characters to be in a relationship with each other.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mymla posted:

I don't really understand why goons think it's such a horrible thing to want two fictional characters to be in a relationship with each other.

It's mostly because of how creepy people on the internet get about it and any discussion about it tends to get really, really creepy incredibly fast.
Sure it's possible for people to want two fiction characters they are emotionally invested in to form a relationship with out being weird about it, but the more passionate the fan the less health their reasons for back two characters getting together is likely to be.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm at a loss for words. That finale was unbelievably good.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Basically this

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, what else can be said?

fun note: The goonbender finally joined the Air Nation, who are now Batmen of All Nations I guess.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

The first half was pretty drat amazing.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

That was really goddamn good

It seemed like there were a couple seconds cut out when P'Li died, like they animated something Nickelodeon S&P said no to and there was no time to fix it. It kind of stole the moment from the most metal (heh) death so far

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 22, 2014

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Looks like P'Li left that face-off worse for wear.

Stoked for the last season.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else happy with a season finale that wasn't (ultimately anyway) resolved by a deus ex machina?

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
I really didn't like it.

Nothing was lost. No real sacrifice was made. And I hate that the Red Lotus' plan for Korra was the very first thing you would think of -- I was actually imagining (and hoping for) some complex, eerie Spirit World shenanigans. We never did get to see Guru Laghima or Xai Bau.

I also hate that the Red Lotus was completely defeated; what a waste of a great group of villains that has given us so many cool fight scenes. And it feels like a cop-out to try to humanize these guys in the way they did, but not having that lead into anything in the finale.

Also, there's no way to make flying Zaheer not comical. That straight up turned into DBZ.

Still a great season, but drat, they can never wrap these things up, can they?

Wildeyes fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 22, 2014

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

First Bass posted:

I mean, what else can be said?

fun note: The goonbender finally joined the Air Nation, who are now Batmen of All Nations I guess.

Hey thanks!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Wildeyes posted:

I really didn't like it

Nothing was lost. No real sacrifice was made. And I hate that the Red Lotus' plan for Korra was the very first thing you would think of -- I was actually imagining (and hoping for) some complex, eerie Spirit World shenanigans. We never did get to see Guru Laghima or Xai Bau.

I also hate that the Red Lotus was completely defeated; what a waste of a great group of villains that has given us so many cool fight scenes. And it feels like a cop-out to try to humanize these guys in the way they did, but not having that lead into anything in the finale.

1. She's in a wheelchair

2. They explicitly said that Red Lotus members are still at large though

and yeah that cut when P'Li got owned was real awkward

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

Exclamation Marx posted:

1. She's in a wheelchair

1. Yeah, but I can't imagine she's going to stay in that wheelchair. I wasn't expecting the good guys to come out relatively unscathed.

2. I meant the four members of the Red Lotus that we've seen this season.

On another note, what up now, Suyin-is-a-traitor conspiracists??

Wildeyes fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Aug 22, 2014

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Wildeyes posted:

1. Yeah, but I can't imagine she's going to stay in that wheelchair. I wasn't expecting the good guys to come out relatively unscathed.

2. I meant the four members of the Red Lotus that we've seen this season.

idk, maybe Varrick's Iron Man suit was foreshadowing :v:

I dunno if Zaheer is going to get his bending removed, but even if he does there's potential for more Red Lotus super benders next season

i am bones
May 18, 2010

We are the Crystal Gems!

Exclamation Marx posted:

1. She's in a wheelchair

Guessing the cut was because it was just a tad too dark otherwise.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

gently caress it, I cried.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
So I haven't got the Amazon subscription or whatever it is. Those of you who've seen it, I just want to ask -- does it setup a lead into the next season, or is it a pat conclusion like the previous two?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Holy poo poo that finale, guys.

DrSunshine posted:

So I haven't got the Amazon subscription or whatever it is. Those of you who've seen it, I just want to ask -- does it setup a lead into the next season, or is it a pat conclusion like the previous two?
There's definitely several hooks towards where the final season is going.

Hauldren Collider
Dec 31, 2012
So Korra's gonna get better right? I don't really feel like watching The Legend of chemotherapy girl Jinora

edit: Also P'Li getting owned was loving great.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Man people were not exaggerating this show got good.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Okay, so what was up with that one Metal Clan lady? Kuvira or whatever? She had like a three-second-long scene where she asked to join the rescue party, and that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauldren Collider
Dec 31, 2012
Maybe she shows up again next season.

Also, we never saw Toph....

• Locked thread