Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

AJ_Impy posted:

Self correcting problem: we run another lightning-fast test.

That was my thought as well. I'm sure I can at least get the commissioners-run-each-round's-fights-in-any-order code done by then, and balance changes could be implemented as well (missile weapons are too expensive right now, and halberds and scourges should probably cost a little more) since balance changes don't require any new coding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So I will run the first fight about 12hrs from this post I guess.

That cool with everyone? If someone wants to run it before then, go ahead. I won't be able run anything on the weekend.

:siren::siren: get your bets in!

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 22, 2014

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Quickly, take my dorfbucks! Again!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh look, it's Bad Munki's team that I will be running. I am going to cheat so hard. Smart bets are on the other team.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Uhhhhhhhhh duh, why do you think I bet on the other team?

Also, how bad a commisioner are you if you need to cheat to make me lose. Like really. That's just sad.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It's true, dude, our team is bollocks.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I feel like I really went above and beyond the call of incompetence on this one, too. So proud of myself. :shobon:

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I think you've truly hit rock bottom with this one. Only way down from here would be to somehow skill your fighter to self-immolate at the start of the match.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The match starts and knuckle dragger just starts whaling mercilessly on ant agonist

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

The match starts and knuckle dragger just starts whaling mercilessly on ant agonist

But ants don't have any blubber... :confused:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Dungeon Ecology posted:

But ants don't have any blubber... :confused:

Hence the lack of mercy. 'From Dwarfhalla's heart I spit at thee...'

Corhal
Jul 20, 2007
Can't be controlled. Can't be trusted.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Yes, all the fighter spots are filled, but you can still place bets! You get 1000 dwarfbucks to bet with just for participating.

There will be a larger tournament probably in less than a month, and there will be a new thread for that tournament.

Thanks! Read through the whole thread now, glad I found this when it started picking up / speeding up the matches. Very much looking forward to the next tournament! Be it a small test round or the next big one :)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
While I greatly enjoy the great speed this tournament seems to be played with, I'd like to suggest to have a two day pause (at the very least) between rounds that involve spending points.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

my dad posted:

While I greatly enjoy the great speed this tournament seems to be played with, I'd like to suggest to have a two day pause (at the very least) between rounds that involve spending points.

Agreed, Jazz will likely put out the call to people to upgrade and give a few days before adopting their fighters out to other people.

Grabbing macros now, will have writeup in 30 minutes or so.

Edit: Anyone know how to make a dragon have sex with a corpse in this game? Or just poo poo on it, that'd be fine too.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 22, 2014

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Edit: Anyone know how to make a dragon have sex with a corpse in this game? Or just poo poo on it, that'd be fine too.
Is Knuckle Duster's performance not embarrassing/humiliating enough on its own?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren::siren: Round 3, Fight 1 :siren::siren:

Boatmurdered division, Round 3, Fight 1.

This is an exciting match between the two last place teams that will decide absolutely nothing. That's a lie, this will determine who comes in last place in the division and therefore will get picked on by all of the other fighters.

On the left we have Daggum Polecats with Harold Bird the Human, Knuckle Dragger the Gremlin, and Ant Agonist the Antwoman. They are managed by ignite memories, Bad Munki, and pun pundit.

On the right we have Team Tiny Arms with Axel the Dark Hero (a dwarf), I'll Strangle You and Antioneette the Ant Woman. They are managed by Galic, Khisanth Magus, and Mlle.

They charge to the center of the arena, Antionette the fastest fighter out there!

The antwomen meet in the center, and then something incredble happens. You might want to sit down for this. Knuckle Dragger punches Antionette in the left foot, tearing fat and bruising musle through the copper boot! Antionette falls over and never regains her feet for the rest of the match.

Harold Bird wastes no time and stabs I'll Strangle You in the hand with his halbard, cutting open an artery and severing a nerve. I'll Strangle You swings back, but is parried. The group now swings at each other for a few moments, none able to get an advantage. Antionette is still laying on her back, gamely fighting on and not injured in any way.

Then things start happening quickly. Knuckle Dragger darts in and punches Antionette in the second right hand hard enough to make the antwoman drop her whip. She hits Knuckle Dragger back with a mace, but only manages to give him a bruise. Ant Agonist turns her attention to I'll Strangle You who, with his teammate Axel the Dark Hero, is dueling with Harold Bird. Harold Bird has kept them at bay and Ant Agonist lashes the smaller strangler in a hand, causing it to explode into a fine mist. I'll Strangle You is overcome with pain and falls over stunned.
Knuckle Dragger darts in again, punching Antionette right in the face. The concussion-like symptoms are too much, Antionette is no more. That's right, Knuckle Dragger punched someone in the face, causing a BRUISE, and killed the antwoman.

So we've got 3 standing Daggum Polecats, none injured. Team Tiny Arms has lost their antwoman, and their strangler is on the floor unconsious.

Ant Agonist casually smashes I'll Strangle You's head and chalks up another kill for her team. At the same time Harold Bird, now only facing one opponent, stabs Axel the Dark Hero in the leg which fractures bone and sends him to the floor.

In the above screenshot the downed dwarf Axel the Dark Hero is underneath the U which is the human Harold Bird. Ant Agonist doesn't bother moving to help out, disgusted with how easily the match has been so far. Knuckle Dragger is a bit more blood thirsty and moves to get some more punching in. Harold Bird stabs Axel the Dark Hero in the arm while Knuckle Dragger punches his lips to a pulp.

Ant Agonist moves in to help, annoyed that her teammates are dismembering the poor fighter on the ground. Instead of helping, she punches his jaw off with a sheild, then breaks his legs with a quick whipping. Harold Bird finishes the poor dwarf off with a blow to the head.

Daggum Polecats win the fight 3-0, with each fighter taking a kill.

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 22, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

YES! YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You should be proud of your little dude. If you read the combat log he fought 2 of them to a standstill for a while before Ant Agonist moved to help out.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Is this the first time a Gremlin has ever taken a kill in one of these?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That was amazing. :magical: And it cost Bad Munki almost every single arena bitcoin he had. Which makes it double amazing.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Did we.. just win a match? And Bad Munki scored a kill? Am I still sleeping?

Also my dorfbux went from 10 to 126 on this match. Finally betting all my dorfbux on my own team pays off!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

DEATH IS ALL AROUND US

THE HORROR CONSUMES ME

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How did this happen!? And people actually bet on Bad Munki's team and tripled their wager!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

my dad posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That was amazing. :magical: And it cost Bad Munki almost every single arena bitcoin he had. Which makes it double amazing.

Oh, poo poo, MY PLAN :gonk:

Even in trying to lose, I fail. WELP.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
What...I...

There are no words.

Spermy Smurf posted:

The antwomen meet in the center, and then something incredble happens. You might want to sit down for this. Knuckle Dragger punches Antionette in the left foot, tearing fat and bruising musle through the copper boot! Antionette falls over and never regains her feet for the rest of the match.
When I read this I was lining up a snarky comment about this being less a punch and more like Knuckle Dragger letting his half-ton hands rest on Antionette's foot, but then this happened:

Combat Log posted:

Knuckle Dragger_DP punches Antionette_TTA in the head with his right hand, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle and bruising the brain through the silver helm!
Antionette_TTA has been stunned!
Antionette_TTA has been struck down.

Perhaps Bad Munki actually is the greatest mind in arena history, and has only been staggeringly unlucky so far!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm glad those iron high boots finally paid off. After getting my foot smashed by a minotaur round one I was feeling a little salty about that purchase.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bene Elim posted:

What...I...

There are no words.
When I read this I was lining up a snarky comment about this being less a punch and more like Knuckle Dragger letting his half-ton hands rest on Antionette's foot, but then this happened:

Perhaps Bad Munki actually is the greatest mind in arena history, and has only been staggeringly unlucky so far!

I don't know, man, I took a hit from a mace and somehow only got a minor wound. Remember, I'm an almost completely unarmored gremlin, it's not hard to make them go splat. That seems like pure luck to me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

I don't know, man, I took a hit from a mace and somehow only got a minor wound. Remember, I'm an almost completely unarmored gremlin, it's not hard to make them go splat. That seems like pure luck to me.

Antionette was on the ground, I dont think hits from the ground do jack poo poo for damage anymore. Still, I expected more than a bruise.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So how many times did you have to run the fight to get us to win? :v:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That is between me, my computer, and the NSA.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Antionette was on the ground, I dont think hits from the ground do jack poo poo for damage anymore. Still, I expected more than a bruise.

Tell that to Jack, who got stabbed in the heart from the ground and decapitated the one who did it, also from the ground.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
God dammit Axel! :argh: You were supposed to go into a martial trance when you got outnumbered! That was literally our only plan!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I am actually not surprised by this outcome!

In their last fight, the Daggum Polecats did quite well. If I'd put Ant Agonist opposite King and Knuckle Dragger opposite Sunny, I think they probably would have won the fight, but I didn't actually test this. I simply put each team in in the same order that they appear in the manager screen, to avoid any sort of possibility of favoritism.

I am surprised that Knuckle Dragger did useful things, though. :stare:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I hold my allies entirely to blame for this outcome! And for me losing almost all of my dwarfbucks, which I bet on what should have been a win!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

ZeeToo posted:

If I'd put Ant Agonist opposite King and Knuckle Dragger opposite Sunny, I think they probably would have won the fight, but I didn't actually test this. I simply put each team in in the same order that they appear in the manager screen, to avoid any sort of possibility of favoritism.

I do this too. On the manager screen it was Human, Gremlin, Antoman on the Polecats so top was human, gremlin in middle, ant on bottom.

On the right it was Dwarf, strangler, antwoman.

Top to bottom, no favoritism.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I accidentally bet a lot of cash on Bad Munki.

Looks like I make more money by accident than on purpose.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

The arena fans thirst for blood.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
It is inevitable. We can only wait.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

It must be met with deadly force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.