Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Coleman posted:

If I reclal the wording correctly, it's all games they were in. Lemme see if I can find the patch note.

Edit: okay we were both kind of right. It's not all games, and it's not just the one, it's "recent games".

I'm gonna guess they revert all games they played in starting with the match that got them banned and all the ones they'd played since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
yeah i COULD buy armor in pistol rounds and be a team player or i could buy round 1 deagle every game

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Or a kit and two flashes/smoke and actually help your team :v:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

mcvey posted:

Or a kit and two team-flashes/smoke and actually help your team :v:

ftfy

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

Or a kit and two flashes/smoke and actually help your team :v:

pfff yeah ok, man :jerkbag:

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

yeah i COULD buy armor in pistol rounds and be a team player or i could buy round 1 deagle every game
In fairness, if you're playing with a 5 man team, there's a lot of different combos that can work well when used in conjuction.

On T, body armor for an entry fragger, flashes/smokes for the second guy in, maybe a couple of pistols (be they Deagles or CZs or whatever) for the next two-three guys in it can work. On CT, maybe a kit for both bomb sites, a couple of pistols, or flashes smokes depending on where you're playing.

There's no "correct default answer" for pistol rounds.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Guys I'm silver elite. There is no "team"

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
So when I do startmovie and endmovie for a demo, all I get are image files and a wav file that I am assuming I need a program to merge together. Is there an easier way to make short clips or am I just really dumb?

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Thom P. Tiers posted:

So when I do startmovie and endmovie for a demo, all I get are image files and a wav file that I am assuming I need a program to merge together. Is there an easier way to make short clips or am I just really dumb?
Yeah Source engine (maybe even GldSrc) has always outputted movies to a series of images like that.

Your best bet is to use an external recording program to do it. Fraps, MSI Afterburner are both good, the streaming software OBS can also record normal video. One of those would probably be easiest.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Coleman posted:

Sure but there are incorrect ones, like buying a deagle.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

down with slavery posted:

I would agree it's not the ideal weapon for a pistol round considering you can't buy anything else, and obviously you're not gaining much by having it, as most pistols can one shot to an unarmored head anyway. But in a pug if the rest of your team has proper equipment and you're adamant about doing it, it's whatever.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

down with slavery posted:

The deagle is in fact never the wrong answer

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Coleman posted:

Yeah Source engine (maybe even GldSrc) has always outputted movies to a series of images like that.

Your best bet is to use an external recording program to do it. Fraps, MSI Afterburner are both good, the streaming software OBS can also record normal video. One of those would probably be easiest.

Thanks for the advice. I will attempt again this weekend.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
hey im pretty new and could use some skins if anyone has any extras they dont care about, my steam is http://steamcommunity.com/id/yungwoof/

please add!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Man vs Child posted:

hey im pretty new and could use some skins if anyone has any extras they dont care about, my steam is http://steamcommunity.com/id/yungwoof/

please add!

Are you loving serious?

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Man vs Child posted:

please add!

This is pretty lame, dude. Like, Goons are pretty generous and all, and when I've traded with Goons in the past, it wasn't uncommon for people to just toss in extra poo poo, but just going around begging for free poo poo? When, in CS:GO, even the cheapest things are able to be sold or bet on pro matches?

Gimme a break, earn your skins, it doesn't take long.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Or you can give me skins instead so I can give them back to you and in turn making myself feel good.

Bam, win-win.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
aight gently caress you guys then

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Spudd posted:

Or you can give me skins instead so I can give them back to you and in turn making myself feel good.

Bam, win-win.
If we do this, will you autograph them with a nametag?

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Man vs Child posted:

Nice username/posting combo.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Coleman posted:

If we do this, will you autograph them with a nametag?

If I knew how to maybe as long as it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Man vs Child posted:

please add!

Man vs Child posted:

Hahahahah

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Man vs Child posted:

please add!

if u add me on http://steamcommunity.com/id/supesu_dandi/ i have a special suprise 4 u

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Hm, why wouldn't anyone want to trade with forums user "Man vs Child"? He clearly has a vast wealth of valuable items up for grabs such as:

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Man vs Child posted:

Hey so I hosed up and bought an EU 60 day card online instead of a US one that i need. Would anyone be interested in buying this from me? Im just trying to recouperate my loss. Ill sell it cheap.

Man vs Child posted:

If anyone wants to toss me the Dirt 3 key from the weekly sale i'll gladly toss you the pennies in my paypal account (57c!!!!)

edit: or the whole thing, i'll also take the entire bundle!

Man vs Child posted:

Just got RUST, anyone wanna gear me up on the goon server?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pinkupie/

add me to friends!

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

lol

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Coleman posted:

Well, like I said in my post

Startmovie <filename> [avi/raw]
Starts recording movie frames, stored in your game folder as .tga files.
A recent feature to HL2 is the ability to record directly to AVI (PC version) by specifying avi as a paremeter.

Startmovie <filename> avi
v
Startmovie <filename> avi/vStartmovie <filename> avi/Startmovie <filename> avi/
vvStartmovie <filename> avi/Startmovie <filename> avi/v

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Man vs Child posted:

lmao post of the week

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Gib skins halp lost family to eco please

Coleman
May 5, 2011

mcvey posted:

Gib skins halp lost family to eco please
I need to fix up my Bicycle, please give skins I can sell for real bux.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Man vs Child posted:

Hey man, sorry everyone was being so mean. We're kind of an insular group. I've actually got a couple low-quality knife skins and I can get you one. Just add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/isz_pengy

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Coleman posted:

Right now the 'correct' choice is "anything that costs $700 and a Zeus".

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Can i have items?

e: i want a knife

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
that post reminds me that I should get back into betting now that I have alts

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Well, like I said in my post

Startmovie <filename> [avi/raw]
Starts recording movie frames, stored in your game folder as .tga files.
A recent feature to HL2 is the ability to record directly to AVI (PC version) by specifying avi as a paremeter.

Startmovie <filename> avi
v
Startmovie <filename> avi/vStartmovie <filename> avi/Startmovie <filename> avi/
vvStartmovie <filename> avi/Startmovie <filename> avi/v

So I can just type in console "startmovie moviename avi" and it will record to avi format?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
selling case drops for cheap skins is dumb just beg goons for them :smug:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Are MM servers still hosed? Unplayable last night.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

bpower posted:

I enjoyed the rubber banding.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Had a guy leave before first round started last night because of the rubber banding and ping issues and our bot owned. One round he rushed B tunnels on dust 2, killed the guy with the bomb, and then camped the bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bpower posted:

It has been like that for a few days. I'm surprised there's no announcement. "We're going to upgrade the servers and give you 128 tick in the process!" It would be great, because playing two different games (64 vs 128) is kind of silly when they could easily unify it into one game (128).

• Locked thread