Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Is this one going to be two-cours also?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

The Missing Link posted:

It's definitely more Shining than Burning, I think. The shoulders in other pics I've seen and ankle guards are spot on, while the chest is extremely similar. The yellow vents on either side of the chest are there, though I suspect it's a redesign because they don't need the core lander to stick its nose through to become the cockpit.

Minus the wrist slashers, the limbs look similar to the Shining. I wouldn't be surprised if they had thruster vents that popped open in Burning Mode or whatever.

The blue parts glow orange in "Plavsky enhanced gently caress your poo poo up" mode.

Honestly it's a bunch of different little things. Like, part Shining, part Rising, part Dreadnought, part Sei-worked-his-Gunpla-Builder-magic-to-make-it-break-faces.
And in the end, that's what really matters, right?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You know what I want? Since the GBF-verse is Gundam Valhalla at all, I really want Fumina to meet Treize at some point, possibly by the time she'd need to upgrade her Gunpla.

All just so Treize tells her she's wrong for calling something a "Winning Gundam", and she should strive to be not a winner, but a loser.

And so, Fumina's upgrade appears: The Losing Gundam.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

You know what I want? Since the GBF-verse is Gundam Valhalla at all, I really want Fumina to meet Treize at some point, possibly by the time she'd need to upgrade her Gunpla.

All just so Treize tells her she's wrong for calling something a "Winning Gundam", and she should strive to be not a winner, but a loser.

Maybe everyone at the bar Ral (age 35) goes to will have changed fashions to Oz uniforms post time skip, and there will be someone dressed as Treize drinking wine out of a tiny wine glass. I am not sure whether that or Treize just being the new mentor/explainer character would be better.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Blaze Dragon posted:

And then Wufei shows up and claims that he has discovered the true meaning of justice. His New Altron/Infinite Justice kitbash.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Never thought I'd see the ReGZ in the lead character spotlight ever again.

bondster posted:

Can't wait to see what PLAVISKY particle fuckery they come up with this season.
00 S2 is now fair game, I'm bracing for anything.

Even GN-Plavsky Particles.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
The only correct option from 00 Season 2 would be a Reborns Gundam Amazing.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

The Muffinlord posted:

Reborns Gundam Amazing.

If we get anything other than an ∀mazing Gundam I will flip my desk.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All I need to see is a Masurao/Susanoo animated again and this show would be the best.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

ActionZero posted:

If we get anything other than an ∀mazing Gundam I will flip my desk.

Turn X ∀mazing.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

The Muffinlord posted:

Turn X ∀mazing.

No no, Mao will come up with a Turn-X painted like the GX, with the Crossbone's backpack.

Turn-X Maoh. With the Moonlight Butterfly forming a Skull-shaped barrier. :getin:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Crossbone's enduring popularity will forever be a mystery.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Eej posted:

Crossbone's enduring popularity will forever be a mystery.

It's a pirate-themed giant robot. :ms:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

It's a pirate-themed giant robot. :ms:

Main pilot's a cool dude too. :v:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Main pilot's a cool dude too. :v:

Better be talking about Seabook.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Better be talking about Seabook.

Seabook's a cool dude, but he's only the X-1's main pilot. Not the main pilot of the series.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You know, I'm looking forward to whatever the new soundtrack will be as long as it has some multiple of the passion of ordinary flamenco, but I'm also hoping that they keep at least these two from the first series, just because the first Build Fighters theme is great and the second one I've linked is weird but fits the series well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zoNcVWPN1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goq2v21-1xU

Build Fighters had a great soundtrack and I hope season 2's surpasses it. I still can't get over how inspired the choice of flamenco was. It makes no sense and is such a weird choice, but works out Amazingly in practice.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 18, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goq2v21-1xU

Build Fighters had a great soundtrack and I hope season 2's surpasses it. I still can't get over how inspired the choice of flamenco was. It makes no sense and is such a weird choice, but works out Amazingly in practice.

I really hope Build Fight makes it in, or at the very least a remix, because it did a wonderful job of ramping up towards a fight once you hear that countdown start :allears:.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, the Yuuki prequel manga just gave us this gem:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Alan what the hell are you doing

how are you even HOLDING that

:stare:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'll be kind of upset if we don't get a Miss Zeong in the new season.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
It would be amazing to see one of those on a GP base. I'm guessing that only one of the feet would fit...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Decided to finally check out the BF manga after that, and much to my surprise it's pretty much like the series. Starts off pretty :geno:, then rapidly gets fun.

The artist is so bad at drawing kids though. It took me a bit to even realize I was looking at Sei and Reiji on the second page of chapter 1.

EDIT: Oh hey, the author is the same person who did the 00 sidestory manga. That's... not very encouraging.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 1, 2014

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I finished the show last night. I started watching it because Vkeios was constantly pestering me about it in #retrochat for weeks and since it was free and had robots in it ( plus picking up the Gundam Origin hardbacks anyhow. It's a sign, just not of Zeta.) I gave it a shot and fell in love with it.

(Unlike Kill la Kill where I disliked it and stopped after 2 episodes.)

I mean I like Gunpla and other robot models. I had bought the Double X at Connecticon in July anyhow as I try to get at least 1 robot or model kit there every year and nobody had the Kabaya Transformers kits because I want Overlord but give no fucks about his case mates.

And it was just a fun show full of fun! I think the last anime series I watched was... Uhh... Noein and Gurren Lagann when they were on Sci Fi Channel a few years back? Modern anime just rubs me the wrong way but Build Fighters was great and I maybe got about a third of the references.

Sadly one of them involved the Jar Jars of Gundam not being dead. I will never not hate Quess and Hathaway. ( even if the 105 from Flash might be my favorite Gundam design after Zeta and Turn A..)

Not sure I am looking forward to a sequel with all new cast but I can at least give it a shot.

Plus I have also casually been playing SRW J since it's translated and gba4ios lets me use Nadesico and Combattler V stuff so it's been a perfect Gundam storm as of late. ( Mirrue is cool enough I almost want to give Seed a chance.)

poo poo, I forgot I had even bought the X Divider kit and started to assemble it like 2-3 years ago so now I am putting it together. And it caused me to find the RG Aile Strike I won from a SD Capsule Fighters Facebook contest. That thing's manual scares me and I bought and assembled the original MG 78 kit and the 1/60 Wing Zero.

I'm always learning and trying new things and Build Fighters is encouraging more of it. ( Double X as Elsa from Frozen Custom? With a HarOlaf? My Chaos Chapter in 40k color scheme on the Exia Dark Matter? I should try!)

Now I just want to get and learn how to airbrush. That Orguss kit from the 80s demands it.

(And seriously. Come hang out in IRC.synirc.net in #retrochat . Some retro game nerds cry because we talk about Gundams n poo poo almost more than old vidya.)

Vvvvv. I got a Clear Action Base this week and the Dark Matter Booster. Whenever I get around to it I should be ok. Hg 144s nowadays blow the hell out of the 144s from the mid 90s. I could assemble those in an hour or two. My Unicorn Destroy Mode took close to 7.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 15, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you're interested in gunpla, be sure to check out the ADTRW gunpla thread!

Also RG Aile Strike is like, one of the actually solid RGs, don't be afraid of it. I mean it's not ever going to stand on its own with that gently caress huge backpack but you can take it off.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Also RG Aile Strike is like, one of the actually solid RGs, don't be afraid of it. I mean it's not ever going to stand on its own with that gently caress huge backpack but you can take it off.

Speaking of backpacks, Captain Rufus, get yourself the RG Skygrasper kit if you like the Aile. It has the other two Striker Packs included with it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Not that there was any doubt, but it looks like Ranba Ral (aged 35) will be back:

Also some red haired chick. This season's rival, perhaps?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
According to the text she's Sekai's older sister.

... And a fashion model?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

According to the text she's Sekai's older sister.

... And a fashion model?

And her name is "Mirai Kamiki."

Other scan to go with that one, Fumina gets the Cardigan as well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mr. Ral is censored because having him on two pages would be too much Ral for the average Gundam fan.

Also, what's that about Stardust Memory on the first page? Listing what Gunpla characters are using?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Blaze Dragon posted:

Mr. Ral is censored because having him on two pages would be too much Ral for the average Gundam fan.

Also, what's that about Stardust Memory on the first page? Listing what Gunpla characters are using?

Yeah, the Powered GM Cardigan is a Stardust Memory variant.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Yeah, Powered GM looks pretty boss. Definitely going to get the kit for that when it comes out.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

http://mana.yshi.org/dl/bf2-pv.ts

PV for BF season 2, dunno if there's a YT mirror yet.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

aers posted:

http://mana.yshi.org/dl/bf2-pv.ts

PV for BF season 2, dunno if there's a YT mirror yet.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24ci7m

Not YT, but it'll have to do for now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yep, she couldn't even make it through the PV without getting put into 'getting her rear end kicked' mode.

Looks fun otherwise but I'm not thrilled to see Build Burning Knuckle being the centerpiece again.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 23, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Hahahahah Ral is Professor Oak now.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

"Welcome to the world of Gunpla Battle!"

...poo poo now I want a game even more.

Also the new Announcer seems rather enthusiastic.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Yep, she couldn't even make it through the PV without getting put into 'getting her rear end kicked' mode.

Looks fun otherwise but I'm not thrilled to see Build Burning Knuckle being the centerpiece again.

The female protagonist was still front in center in most of the scenes, which was rather cool.

Also

BlitzBlast posted:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

:siren: WE HAVE YOUTUBE, WITH SUBS :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKMwhn7hFhc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Really loving the arrange of Build Fighters incidentally. Looking forward to this show's OST.

• Locked thread