Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just got a bad feeling about his price expectations, we didn't haggle or mention anything at all but the way he spoke of all the top end shops h'"e's had it serviced by over the years and the really quite exceptional condition (except for that one easy fix) leads me to believe our ideal price ranges are probably off of eachother by a factor of ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
That *is* usually the reason some cars keep haunting the for sale pages year after year.

$$$$ INVESTED!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im finding rod bearing sets as cheap as $250/ set and mains are about $60 per journal :smithicide:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Could always swap for some other dismal engine. I bet China has some doozies by now.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Im finding rod bearing sets as cheap as $250/ set and mains are about $60 per journal :smithicide:
Sounds like it's time for a CVCC swap. :unsmigghh:

It'd be like a super-sleeper...a snoozer.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll be honest with a confirmation of by all accounts a blown engine Im not really looking to pay much more than scrap value for the novelty. Granted, I know that they all are going to have interesting, unpredictable, and most importantly expensive modes of failure but a runner for $1500 up north makes it pretty hard to justify anything higher.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Nidhg00670000 posted:

That *is* usually the reason some cars keep haunting the for sale pages year after year.

$$$$ INVESTED!

I love retards that think cars are investments.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

jammyozzy posted:

Presented without comment:

holy gently caress

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

holy gently caress

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Swap in a jaguar V12 somehow.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Swap in a jaguar V12 somehow.

Too reliable.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That is a loving symphony of bad ideas. Who designed that motor?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:italy:

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

But it has that intangible Italian soul.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I dont think theres anyone alive that can curse somebody out more thoroughly than a tiny elderly Italian woman.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Jesus gently caress! At least shape the tappet to support the valves, rather than throw on something from the parts bin.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No, you see. Now the tappet can be free to spin around in its mount, eliminating the need to create a bespoke, keyed part, and allegedly "distributing wear."

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

No, you see. Now the tappet can be free to spin around in its mount, eliminating the need to create a bespoke, keyed part, and allegedly "distributing wear."

That would insinuate the rest of the engine would co-operate long enough.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 206 days!)

I want to see you tow the Biturbo around behind your Honda.

cursedshitbox posted:

That would insinuate the rest of the engine would co-operate long enough.

640 revolutions ought to be enough for anyone. - Bill "Angelo" Gattuci

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 22, 2014

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I'll be honest with a confirmation of by all accounts a blown engine Im not really looking to pay much more than scrap value for the novelty. Granted, I know that they all are going to have interesting, unpredictable, and most importantly expensive modes of failure but a runner for $1500 up north makes it pretty hard to justify anything higher.

$350 and a kick in the jimmies would be fair I think.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
oh god

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The liquid is gasoline, right?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

It's either spider venom or semen.

Ahem. liquid

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's tears.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The liquid is gasoline, right?

:cawg:

First thought that came to mind.

By the amount of dirt under the cover, I assume the entire cover crumbled under the weight of the UV rays that have been on it since, oh, 2001? (Much like the Biturbo will when touched.)

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
God this is such a stupid idea, and It's not even cool looking. Don't do it dude, even in a perfect world where nobody ever drops an exhaust manifold on their dick you're only going to get about 10 minutes of fun out of this thing. A buttload of dollars probably to get it running only to find out that it just broke again because you stepped on the gas too hard and it caught on fire.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Astonishing Wang posted:

God this is such a stupid idea, and It's not even cool looking. Don't do it dude, even in a perfect world where nobody ever drops an exhaust manifold on their dick you're only going to get about 10 minutes of fun out of this thing. A buttload of dollars probably to get it running only to find out that it just broke again because you stepped on the gas too hard and it caught on fire.

Hey. gently caress you. He's OUR playtoy, and we'll continue to feed his bad ideas if we want. <:mad:>

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

Astonishing Wang posted:

DISREGARD THIS POST AND YOU CAN DRIVE A MASERATI ITS A GOOD IDEA I SWEAR

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Astonishing Wang posted:

This Italian sports car has been patiently waiting, biding it's time until the rightful owner was found. That owner is 13 inch. There is not a chance in the universe that this could go wrong.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
OK I changed my mind - get on it 13"

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Let the man have his nightmare dream!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have found some kind of temporary sanity and theres poo poo blood and cum on my hands~

More pics incoming as soon as I get them uploaded. We are negotiating.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I have found some kind of temporary sanity and theres poo poo blood and cum on my hands~

More pics incoming as soon as I get them uploaded. We are negotiating.

So much missing, disconnected and just wrong. You've got to do it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I can't seem to find the Haynes manual for this car, weird.

IronCastKnight
Jul 27, 2013

Astonishing Wang posted:

The guys they assigned to do the teardown and rebuild were found living in a shack made of human skin and bones under an overpass in Kentucky three months after their sudden disappearance, and the only thing the police got from them under questioning was a combination of ranting in an unknown language and screaming.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Astonishing Wang posted:

Look in the Horror section of the bookstore, it's probably there.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I bet R.L. Stine wrote the Haynes manual for that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

revmoo posted:

I bet R.L. Stine wrote the Haynes manual for that thing.

Nah, it's an appendix to the Necronomicon.

• Locked thread