Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I did it I'm king of the nerds, now to rank up a bunch of weapons I like way less than my Soma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I grabbed some codex scanners and listened to the pokemon snap soundtrack :buddy:

Vauban is good for taking on safari, you can freeze them and take pics.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I grabbed some codex scanners and listened to the pokemon snap soundtrack :buddy:

Vauban is good for taking on safari, you can freeze them and take pics.

If you're undetected you get two scans per scan. Therefore the superior option is perma-invis Loki.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Kyte posted:

I am given to understand it cuts max HP in half and clips current HP to that. So if the mob has 49/100 health a viral proc will make it 49/50, while if it had 91/100 it'll become 50/50.
I don't think anybody has any idea if the proc or the damage applies first.
(Also I think proccing gives extra damage for that damage type?)

Just bring Trinity energy vampire is based off CURRENT health and does not readjust after. This is why her 1 + 2 is a massively underrated killer. 1 gives the mob 10x health then when its duration is about 75% done use energy vampire, watch high HP mobs just disappear. This works with the viral effect to if EV is cast before the proc. And when it dies if you close enough you get all you energy refilled to do it again. She is my current Queen of high HP killers. Sadly her 1 does not seem to work on lephantis but EV + my trusty ATTICA brings him doen fast anyway. 800 blast damage and 1500 normal crits on top of that is just great.(note I am modded for blast in addition to thunderbolt)

Edit Oh yeah on crossbow notes, ballistica does about the same damage when fully charged as a paris, and the 4 round uncharged burst does about the same damage with the "drawback" of wasting ammo. Crossbows in this game are stupid good and while outclassed by some endgame weapons(bolter prime)they are still good in end game. Now I just need to find eth right pistol mods to make it really shine.

Miter is a comedy weapon, but in certain def or mobile def missions can be amazing, cutting a line of guys in half with one shot is funny as hell and you can get status chance to about 75% with common mods.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 21, 2014

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I feel like I must be doing something wrong with my Boltor Prime. I mean, it's amazing, but it feels like my Soma does it all better. What's the secret to maximizing my spike launcher?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

If you're undetected you get two scans per scan. Therefore the superior option is perma-invis Loki.

Loki and Stealthdog. Stealthdog's cloak range is ridiculous and the codex scanner doesn't break cloak, and stealthdog will engage cloak while in Loki's invis.

Or you could do Ash and have a way to kill dudes without breaking cloak either, which is always nice.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

kafziel posted:

I feel like I must be doing something wrong with my Boltor Prime. I mean, it's amazing, but it feels like my Soma does it all better. What's the secret to maximizing my spike launcher?

Boltor Prime is still really good, but not completely amazing unless you basically use it like a full auto shotgun. The projectile speed and accuracy issues (plus how hard it is to see the actual projectiles) make using it outside shotgun range really iffy unless you're just spraying a crowd or something. By iffy I mean "still more than sufficient outside anything short of high end defense and survival".

Soma's paper DPS is lower but in practice, being hitscan, it's often a lot less hassle to work with and much easier to get used to, and it can double as a half assed sniper rifle on huge tiles where that one rear end in a top hat straggler mob way the hell over there is holding up the next wave.

Whichever gun you pick, you aren't really using it right until you slot Shred. Being not only able to take out three guys in a line in one shot, but also able to effectively ignore the plentiful cover every Corpus and Grineer clown hides behind is a great quality of life boost.

edit: keep in mind that Boltor is only comparable to Soma as a Prime, and Soma is a Tenno-theme weapon so it will eventually get a Prime

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 22, 2014

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Hahaha got a Bite before I got a Kubrow :D

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Soma Prime would probably be ridunkulous and I welcome it wholeheartedly.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

:livintrope:

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
DE should really let new players "repair" broken mods by fusing them with a regular version, keeping whatever they invested thus far.

Running into lots of new and returning players it's kinda awkward telling them they wasted all those cores.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Tenno Buckets and/or charity work confirmed for update 14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhnQD2tTqGA

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Soma Prime would probably be ridunkulous and I welcome it wholeheartedly.

:livintrope:

I'd like them to expand the Prime system so that it isn't entirely Tenno weapons, or add a similar system for Wraiths and Vandals. Hek Vandal/Hek Prime is the gun I most want to try out.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
There's the Seer hybrid, but that's Vor's personal weapon.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Apparently bows and Antimatter Drop is totally broken in a good way right now.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Denzine posted:

There's the Seer hybrid, but that's Vor's personal weapon.

Seer makes a great dmr for when your loving about with close range primary weapons. Don't think of it as a pistol just a very short dmr and suddenly it is a descent gun. As a pistol though it sucks.

Also Volt + maxed speed and slotted to buff that is silly amounts of fun. You can slide then copter entire sections of the map in one go. Plus you get to impress noobs by hasty over shooting the landing pad 3-4 times. Must resist urge to paint volt sonic blue.

Sandweed posted:

Apparently bows and Antimatter Drop is totally broken in a good way right now.

Omg it is so good. Some pubbie was showing me this with 1 guy using Paris prime, a bolter prime and a grakata. Oddly enough it seemed really finicky about the grakata but when it worked for him he owned both the bow guys. Attica and balistica both worked quite well due to higher fire rates than the normal bows.

Also of note valkyr can get into places that make the stalker funny. He poofed right next to our valkyr in mid air. Everything else went exactly as you imagine it did. Oh yeah and he is(always?) Ok to

xyigx fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 22, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
It does far less damage than my Lex Prime or Marelok though.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Put shred on the bow.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Warframe is a pretty game.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Coldbird posted:

Boltor Prime is still really good, but not completely amazing unless you basically use it like a full auto shotgun. The projectile speed and accuracy issues (plus how hard it is to see the actual projectiles) make using it outside shotgun range really iffy unless you're just spraying a crowd or something. By iffy I mean "still more than sufficient outside anything short of high end defense and survival".
This isn't my experience at all. Both guns definitely take a long range accuracy hit from max HC, but that is indeed a range you seldom need to engage. I'd tell anyone to use a Soma for mastery tests with platforms because the dummy mobs are of a negligible level.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Avynte posted:

DE should really let new players "repair" broken mods by fusing them with a regular version, keeping whatever they invested thus far.

Running into lots of new and returning players it's kinda awkward telling them they wasted all those cores.

Actually, this is bullshit and I hope at some point you fucknuggets get it through your skull that even a damaged version of serration is a GoodThing™. It's more point-efficient than a regular serration, and it stops leveling before a real significant investment of cores. But far, far, FAR more importantly is that it bridges the huge gap between not having one at all, and having something. It also clearly says "Damaged", along with all the other mods. Granted, pubbies are stupid, but for new players who are goony motherfuckers, it helps you get to Rank2 and get another goon to trade you a real one.

:goonsay:

Also, Warframe is dead to me since they fixed the ability to make more Loki Penises.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Got them? Nice. I'll have to jump on tonight and grind to try to find some.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So are Dark Sector Conflicts drops just totally bugged? I managed to loot a Master Thief off some dead nerd but it wasn't in my inventory after we won.

Guess I might have to buy that Berserker after all :negative:

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

DelphiAegis posted:

Also, Warframe is dead to me since they fixed the ability to make more Loki Penises.

poo poo. I better go fix the PS4 clan hall Loki penis before we get this patch.

I was going for a wet, nubby look by using the baseless stone fountain, but it ends up looking more like a failed castration. I don't want to use bridges because our bridge quota has been exceeded. Perhaps a Lech Kril statue could be used....any suggestions?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Captain Oblivious posted:

So are Dark Sector Conflicts drops just totally bugged? I managed to loot a Master Thief off some dead nerd but it wasn't in my inventory after we won.

Same thing happened to me with a (so far the only one I've ever seen) Decisive Judgement. Very irritating bug.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Did you have a Master Thief equipped at the time? It might've been showing you that your Master Thief had become active instead of that you picked one up.

DelphiAegis posted:

Actually, this is bullshit and I hope at some point you fucknuggets get it through your skull that even a damaged version of serration is a GoodThing™. It's more point-efficient than a regular serration, and it stops leveling before a real significant investment of cores.

Seriously, three tics is not that much to put into it. Relatedly, it always annoys me when people in trade list the stance mods they're selling as being maxed. Who gives a gently caress? It doesn't effect the price you goobers.

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 22, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It had to be done:

I have a spare Berserker and 2 Decisive Judgments, I'm willing to trade them each for some R5s (PC)

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Sandweed posted:

It had to be done:

I have a spare Berserker and 2 Decisive Judgments, I'm willing to trade them each for some R5s (PC)

Did the new Mk1s give you just enough to push you over the line for 17?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Sprecherscrow posted:

Did you have a Master Thief equipped at the time? It might've been showing you that your Master Thief had become active instead of that you picked one up.

Seriously, three tics is not that much to put into it. Relatedly, it always annoys me when people in trade list the stance mods they're selling as being maxed. Who gives a gently caress? It doesn't effect the price you goobers.

Why on earth would I have a Master Thief equipped in PvP? But no it was a glowing golden mod container pickup, very explicit.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Why on earth would I have a Master Thief equipped in PvP? But no it was a glowing golden mod container pickup, very explicit.

Because you don't re-mod for PvP because PvP is stupid?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I've seen specters drop mods in PvP, but you don't get them afterwards.

Sprecherscrow posted:

Did the new Mk1s give you just enough to push you over the line for 17?

Yeah, me and Denzine is 17 now.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Hahahaha, loving RNG. Farm for Kubrow eggs all night last night with some goons and not one egg drops. Run one exterminate just now and all 6 dens on the map drop an egg :v: Seems you can only pick up one until you use it though? Bunch of wasted eggs :(

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Hahahaha, loving RNG. Farm for Kubrow eggs all night last night with some goons and not one egg drops. Run one exterminate just now and all 6 dens on the map drop an egg :v: Seems you can only pick up one until you use it though? Bunch of wasted eggs :(

What?! Dat RNG! Baby Orphan Kubrows are your fault, RNG.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Greetings, i only got to page 15 before the urge to play this nice game made me create an account. The lore is totally fantastic (love the setting) and feels fresh and great but i really need to know now.. Excalibur Mag or Volt when you start? Thanks in advance.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 22, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

FunkyFlashman posted:

Greetings, i only got to page 15 before the urge to play this nice game made me create an account. The lore is totally fantastic (love the setting) and feels fresh and great but i really need to know now.. Excalibur Mag or Volt when you start? Thanks in advance.

Go with whatever. All three are fun and functional.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

FunkyFlashman posted:

Greetings, i only got to page 15 before the urge to play this nice game made me create an account. The lore is totally fantastic and feels fresh and great but i really need to know now.. Excalibur Mag or Volt when you start? Thanks in advance.

They are all fun and good, and you can acquire the other two later on. It is really not a big deal and only comes down to personal preference. Look up what each one's powers are on the Warframe wiki and decide which ones sound the coolest to you.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Cool, thanks for the help.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FunkyFlashman posted:

I got Mag and don't regret it, Pull is really overpowering in a pinch. It throws everyone on their rear end so you have time to GTFO and also can go through walls if you've got trouble getting a bead on someone or are stuck grinding lovely defense missions on Mercury. I guess the others have advantages as well though.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I had a Volt really early on and had a lot of fun with it, I'd say it's got the most 'fun' powers, Mag is probably the most useful though in the long run but yeah they're all good and viable.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

If you plan to get all three eventually you may want to start with Excalibur just because you have to gently caress off all the way to Pluto to get its parts otherwise. Though I'm sure someone could help you with that if you asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Is there a reason I'm not getting points for half of my runs in Breeding Grounds? My first run got me to 16 points and gave me the badge and cards, second run got me to 33 points and my last two runs haven't gotten any for some reason.