Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wii Too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fremry posted:

Wii U Discussion - Don't Discuss the Wii U here
Wii U Discussion - Don't Rehash the Same Bullshit Over and Over Here

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
What the Wii U should have is a sequel to legendary NES stock market simulator Wall Street Kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJ_tFaEH0k

I think that the gamers of 2014 can appreciate their masterful financial analysis skills being put to the test.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Alteisen posted:

And someone could very easily counter this post with poo poo like Sunset Overdrive, the Master Chief collection, K1 Season 2 and Scalebound. :shrug:

These are the games you're trying to tout as reasons for buying an Xbox? :raise:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Fremry posted:

Wii U Discussion - Don't Discuss the Wii U here

lol shut the gently caress up

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Red Suit posted:

I just ordered the $200 refurbished WiiU bundle! Time to price hunt for some used games. I want to get DK Tropical Freeze and Mario 3D World. The gf wants me to also get Mari Kart and Wind Waker HD. Anything else worth getting?

Rayman Legends has some pretty fun two-player co-op stuff, and it's a really really good game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

to be fair with Smash brothers regulated to it's own thread you have only like Captain Toad and Bayonetta 2 coming out before 2015. There's not a whole lot to discuss.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Alteisen posted:

And someone could very easily counter this post with poo poo like Sunset Overdrive, the Master Chief collection, K1 Season 2 and Scalebound. :shrug:

Now wait a drat minute, Scalebound? As in the Xbox One game that, as far as I'm aware, only has a single CG announce trailer? Did I miss something and it turns out there's a bunch of gameplay footage for it?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Wii U Discussion - Let's fight about Wonderful 101 several times a week

Fixed that for you. And what I posted wasn't a rehash. The news that COD: Advanced Warfare wasn't coming out for Wii U was never confirmed until yesterday, you know, making it Wii U news that was less than 24 hours old when I posted it.

But seriously, let's fight about how you just don't understand Wonderful 101 again.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fremry posted:

Fixed that for you. And what I posted wasn't a rehash. The news that COD: Advanced Warfare wasn't coming out for Wii U was never confirmed until yesterday, you know, making it Wii U news that was less than 24 hours old when I posted it.

But seriously, let's fight about how you just don't understand Wonderful 101 again.

Nobody cares that you posted that it wasn't coming to the Wii U, people are making fun of you because then you added "so therefore Nintendo is doomed"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there still a whole separate thread about Nintendo being doomed or did that get closed

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fremry posted:

Okay impress us with your hot take. Let me guess: The Wii U isn't doing well? WHOAA HOLY MAMA!!!

There's nothing to add to the discussion which is why nobody wants to talk about it but you. You have nothing to add.

The Taint Reaper posted:

to be fair with Smash brothers regulated to it's own thread you have only like Captain Toad and Bayonetta 2 coming out before 2015. There's not a whole lot to discuss.
Also Zelda Slash-em-up

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Nano Assault Neo is a really fun twin-stick shooter with a weird virus whatever motif and the surface you run across reminds me of Mario Galaxy's spherical gravity stuff. Also it's on sale right now, I recommend it if you like arcade-y shooters. :)

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there still a whole separate thread about Nintendo being doomed or did that get closed

It's still around. The current squad of armchair CEOs prefer to avoid it though so they don't get Zeke'd

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Lemming posted:

Nobody cares that you posted that it wasn't coming to the Wii U, people are making fun of you because then you added "so therefore Nintendo is doomed"

I didn't say they were doomed, that's the strawman that all the defensive people in this thread set up for me. I said it doesn't bode well financially, which it doesn't. It's pretty much guaranteed to be this year's best selling title, and Nintendo isn't going to get a slice of that pie after 3 years of operating losses.

I simply questioned how long the losses are going to go on before something at Nintendo changes. If you go back and read what I actually wrote, I said that they aren't in jeopardy because of the cash they had on hand from the Wii sales.

Everyone just gets freaking butthurt if anyone suggests anything other than "everything is fine and dandy at Nintendo." It would not have turned into this at all if we could have a discussion about it that didn't immediately start with name-calling and going for the jugular.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

So what you're saying is that we need to make threads for those too. I can see no possible way goons can goon that up.

Mercury Crusader posted:

What the Wii U should have is a sequel to legendary NES stock market simulator Wall Street Kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJ_tFaEH0k

I think that the gamers of 2014 can appreciate their masterful financial analysis skills being put to the test.

ftfy

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Fremry posted:

I didn't say they were doomed, that's the strawman that all the defensive people in this thread set up for me. I said it doesn't bode well financially, which it doesn't. It's pretty much guaranteed to be this year's best selling title, and Nintendo isn't going to get a slice of that pie after 3 years of operating losses.

I simply questioned how long the losses are going to go on before something at Nintendo changes. If you go back and read what I actually wrote, I said that they aren't in jeopardy because of the cash they had on hand from the Wii sales.

Everyone just gets freaking butthurt if anyone suggests anything other than "everything is fine and dandy at Nintendo." It would not have turned into this at all if we could have a discussion about it that didn't immediately start with name-calling and going for the jugular.

Heres the problem. Nobody here has the answer to your question. You have to understand that Iwata or Miyamoto doesn't post here. Please understand that they don't post here.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Hello. IT's me. Miyamoto. I am here to discuss the Wii you.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

Heres the problem. Nobody here has the answer to your question. You have to understand that Iwata or Miyamoto doesn't post here. Please understand that they don't post here.

Yeah, I know that. But I also find it to be an interesting topic, specifically because of Nintendo's almost cyclical propensity to be at the bottom one generation and at the top the next.

Edit: Also, just because the loudest people in this thread don't want to play Call of Duty does not mean that it's not something that other people care about. I personally hate the Call of Duty series and Advanced Warfare in particular, but that doesn't mean that no one in this thread cares about the series.

Fremry fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 22, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

katkillad2 posted:

Wow you're right, hard countered here.

Wasn't trying to counter your dumb post but ok. :confused:

Kin posted:

These are the games you're trying to tout as reasons for buying an Xbox? :raise:

Someone might.

I don't give a crap what people buy, I'm not a child anymore so I don't get involved in dumb console war bullshit, I'm just pointing the reasons someone might pick one over the other, whether or not you like these titles is irrelevant.

You told me this already, and I have it adblocked so I wouldn't know but I'm glad its still there.

I'm glad that no matter how much time passes, how many consoles we go through, Nintendo fans being the biggest defensive babies has not changed.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

I don't understand, how come Nintendo can do that but the thread about their console can't???

Anyway, the Recent News Tidbit has been updated:

quote:

Hyrule Warriors only recently came out in Japan, and it's already getting a new game mode along with the update that will be providing other fixes. Here's the (English) source.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Fremry posted:

specifically because of Nintendo's almost cyclical propensity to be at the bottom one generation and at the top the next.

ya its totally been like this if you completely forget that the n64 and gamecube existed

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

ya its totally been like this if you completely forget that the n64 and gamecube existed

Well it was NES, Super NES at the top, N64 and Gamecube at the bottom, Wii at the top in a way that no console has ever been before, Wii U is getting complete removal of support by the two largest third party companies.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

What's cyclical is someone coming into the thread talking about how Nintendo is in trouble now, and then not adding anything new to the discussion, which has happened yet again today

Because there is nothing new to add to the discussion. We know the Wii U is not doing well. We know, sport, we know

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

What's cyclical is someone coming into the thread talking about how Nintendo is in trouble now, and then not adding anything new to the discussion, which has happened yet again today

Because there is nothing new to add to the discussion. We know the Wii U is not doing well. We know, sport, we know

I think it's funny that anyones referring to you as a defensive Nintendo baby because you complained about everything Nintendo did for like 2 years straight and were one of the top posters in the other thread. lol

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fremry posted:

Approximately 0 copies of any call of duty games were sold on the Wii U. They are irrelevant. People who care about call of duty don't care about the Wii U. The Wii was not successful because of call of duty. The depth of your analysis is "no call of duty?! NINTEDNO DOOMED" and you are dumb.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Alteisen posted:

I'm glad that no matter how much time passes, how many consoles we go through, Nintendo fans being the biggest defensive babies has not changed.

It's also funny that no matter how much time passes, people who own Nintendo products can't say anything good without being called a Nintendo fanboy or say anything against what someone else says without being called a defensive baby.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I dominated that thread, and then when the investor meeting happened and I saw how even Nintendo's investors dont give a gently caress and are manchildren, then why should I or anyone here give a poo poo? We all bought the Nintendo console for Nintendo games only, strip out all pretense.

Would I like other games? I have a PC. I have 60 games in my Steam backlog I haven't played yet. I have original Wii games on my shelf I haven't played. I'm not spending my free time staring at my wall. It's not a big deal waiting for the next Nintendo game. You know exactly what you're getting when you buy a Nintendo system. Droughts followed by deluges followed by droughts. It's nothing new.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I dominated that thread, and then when the investor meeting happened and I saw how even Nintendo's investors dont give a gently caress and are manchildren, then why should I or anyone here give a poo poo? We all bought the Nintendo console for Nintendo games only, strip out all pretense.

Would I like other games? I have a PC. I have 60 games in my Steam backlog I haven't played yet. I have original Wii games on my shelf I haven't played. I'm not spending my free time staring at my wall. It's not a big deal waiting for the next Nintendo game.

Video games are cool.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alteisen posted:

Oh, were you one of the Sega Is Better kids? How's that working out for you? :yoshi:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What will us WiiU owners do without Call of Duty oh noooo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

elf help book posted:

Video games are cool.
Please, this is the Wii U thread.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

It was news, and probably the most noteworthy of the past week until Ultiginio just posted that bit about the Hyrule Warriors updates in Japan.

Here's an article from 10 minutes ago where the boss of EU Ubisoft says that Super Smash Bros could boost sales to the point that Ubisoft will be happy.

Do we just stop discussing Wii U news unless it's happy news?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fremry posted:

Did that other WiiU thread for loser nerds who hate the WiiU get closed what's going on here

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fremry posted:

It was news, and probably the most noteworthy of the past week until Ultiginio just posted that bit about the Hyrule Warriors updates in Japan.

Here's an article from 10 minutes ago where the boss of EU Ubisoft says that Super Smash Bros could boost sales to the point that Ubisoft will be happy.

No one cares, shut up.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fremry posted:

No, but if you bring in news with the intent on repurposing bullshit we've already talked about for a million years then you're going to be made fun of, sorry

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

No, but if you bring in news with the intent on repurposing bullshit we've already talked about for a million years then you're going to be made fun of, sorry

Alright, noted. No talk about Nintendo's financial issues.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Macaluso posted:

What will us WiiU owners do without Call of Duty oh noooo

You know I really did enjoy the control customization options when I played Call of Duty Reflex on the original Wii, although the game itself had that annoying infinitely spawning enemy thing that the old COD titles featured.

Whatever though, Battlefield on PC is an overall better game.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fremry posted:

Wii at the top in a way that no console has ever been before
Well, except the PS2 of course, haha.

I agree that it's unfortunate we're seeing major 3rd party publishers pulling some support, but you also have to keep in mind that the writing was sort of on the wall for this. This is an issue Nintendo won't be able to fix until much later in this generation or, more likely, next generation. They really pushed to have mature titles out the starting gate but couldn't hold it up. Like the PS4, they opted to release a number of games that had already been out, but unlike the PS4, they had none of the drummed-up hype or awareness.

Fremry posted:

It's been said before, but really - what do we say? Yeah, we know Ubisoft is expecting Smash to perform and bring up big numbers. Yeah, we know they've dropped Wii U support for their M-rated titles and will only be delivering quality AAA content like Just Dance 2015. And I can promise you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that when Ubisoft sees those Wii U sales numbers following Smash, they're gonna' be disappointed. People will get out their WiiUblackboard.png, copied from last generation's PS3blackboard.png, and they'll cross off "Mega Man in Smash!!!" because ohhhh noooo, it didn't save the Wii U!

What does merit discussion is a statement by Iwata, something that Nintendo itself is talking about, something that Nintendo itself is addressing. If Iwata gets sacked, that's arguably bad news we can talk about. If Miyamoto retires, that's arguably bad news we can talk about. If Splatoon/Kirby/Mario Maker gets delayed because they've pulled developers from that team to work on the more reliable 3DS side of things, that's bad news we can talk about. If the Wii U underperforms so badly that they're pulling support for the console in 2016, that's bad news and I can guarantee you we'd be going nuts talking about it. But Ubisoft saying the same baloney they've said before is only going to lead us to saying the same baloney we've said before, and it's really, really, really tiring.

Fremry posted:

Alright, noted. No talk about Nintendo's financial issues.
When you find something new to say about it, let us know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I dunno if this guy has some kind of troll history but he's making some really uncontroversial statements and y'all are working yourselves into a frenzy over it. "Nintendo not getting a top-selling game means they will make less money", cue pages of "Who cares get out of here stupid numbers troll".

Anyway I've never bought a call of duty game and don't intend to but the gamepad is really sweet for aiming in a way that joysticks never were so that presumably would've been fun for some Wii U CoD fans

• Locked thread