Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Is that the Namekian? IS THAT ME?! IS THAT ME STRONGER THAN ME?! I'LL loving KILL ME!

oh god this episode was amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Neo_Crimson posted:

My god their player is awful. It's like I'm watching a slideshow.

It works fine for me.

He's gonna kick me again, isn't he?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
"I am purely bio-mechanical, not like my siblings, Cyborgs 018 and 019"
"We call them Andriods..."
"Well good for you, you're wrong."

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 22, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Is that me? Is that me stronger than me?! I'll loving kill me!!!"

Vegeta :allears:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
HAHAHAH oh my god, that was a pretty drat good episode.

Hey can't you, Shut up Nail he's doing a thing.
Hey that's Tien's thing. I loving KNOW
I swear Vegeta just keeps coming up with the best lines.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I really like Cell's characterization. He's gross and weird and reminds me of the McPoyles from Always Sunny.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Before the rend of this arc, Vegeta will have another anger aneurysm.

But I have to say, I am still not digging this form of Cell. His first form my favorite in the series proper, mostly because he is not just a pretty boy with muscles, and I am sure the perfect form is were the real meat of jokes will come into play, but as of now, I am somewhat underwhelmed.

e X fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 22, 2014

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cell seems to be just Nappa 2.0 though that isn't necessarily bad.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kild posted:

Cell seems to be just Nappa 2.0 though that isn't necessarily bad.

Nah. He's a bit smarter and a lot rapey-er. I wasn't really feeling it at first, but on further reflection I think it fits him pretty well.

Also, is Piccolo doing the Kamehameha for giggles something that actually happened in the series or just a throwaway abridged line?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nah. He's a bit smarter and a lot rapey-er. I wasn't really feeling it at first, but on further reflection I think it fits him pretty well.

Also, is Piccolo doing the Kamehameha for giggles something that actually happened in the series or just a throwaway abridged line?

I'm pretty sure he used it at one point in DB, during the tournament.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Gonzo McFee posted:

Piccolo is going to be so bummed when he's replaced as the kids father. :smith:

Given what Gohan wears to the Cell Games, I wouldn't say any replacing really happened :v:

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Given what Gohan wears to the Cell Games, I wouldn't say any replacing really happened :v:

And he gets it immediately after spending a year in the Time Chamber with Goku, too. That whole part of the season is going to be the best goddamned thing. :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Did anyone catch that picture during the Solar Flare? My screenshot/pause button is not fast enough it seems and I wondering what awful image they stuck there.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

e X posted:

Before the rend of this arc, Vegeta will have another anger aneurysm.

But I have to say, I am still not digging this form of Cell. His first form my favorite in the series proper, mostly because he is not just a pretty boy with muscles, and I am sure the perfect form is were the real meat of jokes will come into play, but as of now, I am somewhat underwhelmed.

Really? Because I'm loving the guy so far. Demented sociopathic thrillseeker is a pretty fun take on Cell.

OH THAT IS HARDCORE and also not good for me

Dude just loves life. And taking it.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

HGH posted:

Did anyone catch that picture during the Solar Flare? My screenshot/pause button is not fast enough it seems and I wondering what awful image they stuck there.

Looks like two bugs doin' it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Factory Factory posted:

Looks like two bugs doin' it.

That is hilariously appropriate.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's like everyone we know is fighting Piccolo!

Except Yamcha.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's like everyone we know is fighting Piccolo!

Except Yamcha.

Well duh, that's because he's right there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not really digging the episode overall. I mean some of the stuff was good, mostly the 30 second skit the Androids had and Cell telling Piccolo about his origins, but most of the jokes kind of fell flat for me and we sort of got psychopathic word emphasizing a lot from Freeza. I'm sure he'll come into his own more as it gets further, but right now it's an ehhh.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm not really digging the episode overall. I mean some of the stuff was good, mostly the 30 second skit the Androids had and Cell telling Piccolo about his origins, but most of the jokes kind of fell flat for me and we sort of got psychopathic word emphasizing a lot from Freeza. I'm sure he'll come into his own more as it gets further, but right now it's an ehhh.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty hit or miss. The Yamcha joke was a huge hit, though. :drat:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
It's okay if Cell's not perfect yet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Szmitten posted:

It's okay if Cell's not perfect yet.

:golfclap:

Well done.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Silento posted:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty hit or miss. The Yamcha joke was a huge hit, though. :drat:

I'm a sucker for Yamcha burns.

I also loved "Oh god, you're even starting to look like Kami!"

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Beef Waifu posted:

That's kind of the thing, he's part Freeza. I don't know how it came off to everyone else, but it seemed like he was stealing everybody's phrases and gimmicks at different times and it ended up working for me.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

I'm a sucker for Yamcha burns.

I also loved "Oh god, you're even starting to look like Kami!"

Dick!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Twiddy posted:

That's kind of the thing, he's part Freeza. I don't know how it came off to everyone else, but it seemed like he was stealing everybody's phrases and gimmicks at different times and it ended up working for me.

Yeah, I definitely felt that. He's being menacing and creepy in one moment, then wacky like Goku the next. It's actually a pretty amusing mix.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

HGH posted:

Yeah, I definitely felt that. He's being menacing and creepy in one moment, then wacky like Goku the next. It's actually a pretty amusing mix.

Honestly that's more or less what I'd want out of TFS Cell. And so far they're melding it pretty well, I'd say.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Lost it at "Well good for you you're wrong."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Lost it at "Well good for you you're wrong."

While that was my favorite part of the episode, it could have been just a bit better if Cell used "Cyborg zero zero" and not just "Cyborg".

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I don't know about you guys but I was sold on Cell right from "Wanna see me drink this guy?!" :colbert:

First-form Cell should be an interesting contrast to the other villains just because he actually recognizes when he's overmatched and acts accordingly. I'm more worried about how they'll handle Perfect Cell since by that point he's basically just Frieza-lite.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Well, we already heard him a few years ago with his voices for all forms of Cell, so quite honestly I am just giddy as gently caress.

Twiddy posted:

Yeah, in the original series I felt like they never really truly capitalized on this aspect of Cell, but here you could really tell, he even seemed to have a bit of Nappa in him.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Cell is starting to look like he could be the best thing they've ever done. Everything about him is snappy and clever as gently caress. Man, that was good.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
He's got the biting wit and menacing creepiness of Frieza, playfulness of Goku, thrillseeking arrogance of Vegeta, and actual intelligence* of Piccolo. All seemingly balanced appropriately, of course.

*Intelligence compared to most of the rest of the cast, anyway.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

WhiffleballDude posted:

He's got the biting wit and menacing creepiness of Frieza, playfulness of Goku, thrillseeking arrogance of Vegeta, and actual intelligence* of Piccolo. All seemingly balanced appropriately, of course.

*Intelligence compared to most of the rest of the cast, anyway.
He also seems to have the education of Gohan. At least, that's the best interpretation I could find for the "woodwind" comment. Gotta add in random trivia.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I... Didn't see any Raditz habits from him, though. I wonder why.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bell_ posted:

I... Didn't see any Raditz habits from him, though. I wonder why.

Wasn't he one of those green things that suicide bombed Yamcha?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wasn't he one of those green things that suicide bombed Yamcha?

Suicide bombed who now?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Super Jay Mann posted:

Suicide bombed who now?

I don't know what a Raditz or a Yamcha is, but they sound disappointing.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

WickedHate posted:

I don't know what a Raditz or a Yamcha is, but they sound disappointing.

Pretty sure you're just mispronouncing radish and yam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
That was the best episode of this saga yet. I think Cell may actually top Freeza at this rate. And Episode 44 is already almost finished!

• Locked thread