Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is Fez the one that's the metaphor for the nuclear bomb, the alcoholic dad, the death of a sibling, or just a dork jerking off in your face for a few hours while a bunch of other dorks clap and cheer about how artistic it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Blackheart posted:

Did it really have QR puzzles because that sounds insanely bad

yes

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is Fez the one that's the metaphor for the nuclear bomb, the alcoholic dad, the death of a sibling, or just a dork jerking off in your face for a few hours while a bunch of other dorks clap and cheer about how artistic it is.

yes

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

i think that's braid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Blackheart posted:

lol

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
fez not good

fez bad

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Blackheart posted:

the worst was not the qr puzzle, or even the esoteric alternate alphabets you were supposed to learn yourself that were required to decode two thirds of the puzzles in the game, but the clock that required you to wait up to a week to get the jiggy cube

i mean you could just change your system clock but that was hosed up

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
indie games? more like indie gays. fez sucks

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Does anyone take game reviews seriously anyway? I thought it was common knowledge that reviews are bought and paid for and basically just lengthy ads for games in most cases.

The only difference here is that no one plays indie games, so she has no money and has to trade sex for reviews.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 22, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fisting by many posted:

the worst was not the qr puzzle, or even the esoteric alternate alphabets you were supposed to learn yourself that were required to decode two thirds of the puzzles in the game, but the clock that required you to wait up to a week to get the jiggy cube

i mean you could just change your system clock but that was hosed up

im ssurprised to learn the developer who shut down his sequel over a bit of twitter trolling is actually really bad at things

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Does anyone take game reviews seriously anyway? I thought it was common knowledge that reviews are bought and paid for and basically just lengthy ads for games in most cases.

nintendo power was great because it was uniformly biased so you could just subtract two layers of cocksucking from each review (three for first-party titles) to get an accurate rating

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Dick Fagballzson posted:

videogame nerds don't care unless a woman is allegedly involved somehow

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
As a video game journalist (you can read my review of Skyrim in this thread), I found Fez to be fun for just exploring the world and treating the platforming as a puzzle. I got a good kick out of it and think it was a fun game. The creator seems to be a manchild, but I'd play a game by Hitler if it was fun.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Madcosby posted:

As a video game journalist (you can read my review of Skyrim in this thread), I found Fez to be fun for just exploring the world and treating the platforming as a puzzle. I got a good kick out of it and think it was a fun game. The creator seems to be a manchild, but I'd play a game by Hitler if it was fun.

how many chubby indie devs have you banged do they clean the cum out first or do you go in sloppy

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Madcosby posted:

you know quinn has to be directly involved in the game for you to get your dick sucked right

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

DrPaper posted:

Actually, this very week a male creator, of a web-comic, not a game, was also caught do really skeevy sexual poo poo. He was immediately treated as guilty, before any proof was provided (the pics were indeed provided, but not under the circumstances that were being claimed), and he was doxxed, with his family receiving threatening phone calls. Even after he released a statement explaining where the picture came from, how it came to circulate and that he didn't send it out to dozens of women as alleged, he is still treated by the twittersphere as having done so.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/20/yale-stewart-the-anthony-weiner-of-comics/

Like this, there is also a weird angle to it, as the whole controversy sort of arose from someone being offended about him making non-profit images for charities and tragedies (the one that triggered this was Ferguson).

I mean I guess you're kind of right in no one cared to ever take his defense, not even to say the harassment and doxxing of him was bad and shouldn't be done, but enough people were outraged.

sorry but that goes against the narrative that anyone criticizing animehair is a misogynist and not just someone who hates useless hypocritical scumbags

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

DoubleWelp posted:

you know quinn has to be directly involved in the game for you to get your dick sucked right

Let's just say I'm hungry for FISH

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm feeling very triggered right now.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
for some reason, in this group of exclusively chubby white dorks that i've collected, everyone is extremely horrible. Basically this is a global problem and there should be some "jouranlism" about it

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I never played Depression Quest or Fez, but I'd love to do an...interview...with #Quinn to discuss my review of her game.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Brannock posted:

doesn't seem so

Cool, thanks. :)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

every person "ironically" posting itt that they'd like to WRITE A REVIEW of her VIDEO GAME and so on needs to remember that she basically looks like a potato rolled in cornstarch but with a weird zitlike dermal implant

if you want me to write a positive review of sadbrains the game you need to bring something more to the table than what i'm seeing now

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jastiger posted:

I never played Depression Quest or Fez, but I'd love to do an...interview...with #Quinn to discuss my review of her game.

You lay down with dogs, you wake up with disease.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

every person "ironically" posting itt that they'd like to WRITE A REVIEW of her VIDEO GAME and so on needs to remember that she basically looks like a potato rolled in cornstarch but with a weird zitlike dermal implant

if you want me to write a positive review of sadbrains the game you need to bring something more to the table than what i'm seeing now

but dude girl gamer who only cheats on you with other losers every now and then that's like every nerd's dream

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

but dude girl gamer who only cheats on you with other losers every now and then that's like every nerd's dream

i'm less offended that video game review writers would accept poon for a positive review because i mean look at them, this is their best shot

i'm more offended that they accepted that specific poon

it's like finding out that walmart bought off tax breaks by bribing lawmakers with a box of twinkies

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The second one, Braid's the nuclear war one. Fez is the one wth the final puzzle that people have only solved via brute force and they can't figure out why that solution works. This is great in a puzzle game because

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The General posted:

You lay down with dogs, you wake up with disease.

Not in this case. I wake up with positive nerd cred and a boost to my Game Journalism skills.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i'm less offended that video game review writers would accept poon for a positive review because i mean look at them, this is their best shot

i'm more offended that they accepted that specific poon

it's like finding out that walmart bought off tax breaks by bribing lawmakers with a box of twinkies

I still don't get why everyone is bashing on her looks. *dons white knight helmet*

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

Not in this case. I wake up with positive nerd cred and a boost to my Game Journalism skills.

I still don't get why everyone is bashing on her looks. *dons white knight helmet*

It's funny.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
bcuz cliff yablonski set precedent for making fun of fat cumbags

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

her looks, that is

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Dick Fagballzson posted:

The only difference here is that no one plays indie games, so she has no money and has to trade sex for reviews.

Thanks to gamefly for consoles i never have to worry about paying attention to gaming bloggers (they are not journalists in any right). For PC games i check steam comments and sometimes the games threads here.

There is no reason on this planet that a blogger should be paid for their lovely opinions about games, let along called a journalist.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Well there's one thing you dont have to bring: condoms

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

the way this story was framed at the beginning she was a smoldering anime haired temptress and her myspace angled photos sort of backed that up but then more photos came out and i was like lol all of these people are gremlins

i mean if i had known from the beginning this was a muppet sex scandal i probably wouldn't have cared but at this point its generated so much insane drama that it's funny on its own

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

DrPaper posted:

Actually, this very week a male creator, of a web-comic, not a game, was also caught do really skeevy sexual poo poo. He was immediately treated as guilty, before any proof was provided (the pics were indeed provided, but not under the circumstances that were being claimed), and he was doxxed, with his family receiving threatening phone calls. Even after he released a statement explaining where the picture came from, how it came to circulate and that he didn't send it out to dozens of women as alleged, he is still treated by the twittersphere as having done so.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/20/yale-stewart-the-anthony-weiner-of-comics/

Like this, there is also a weird angle to it, as the whole controversy sort of arose from someone being offended about him making non-profit images for charities and tragedies (the one that triggered this was Ferguson).

I mean I guess you're kind of right in no one cared to ever take his defense, not even to say the harassment and doxxing of him was bad and shouldn't be done, but enough people were outraged.

isn't this the guy who sent dick pics to girls he has/was dating?

i like to think he'd been getting "sorry i'm busy, maybe next week" and went with the ol' male hairy

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Lowtax, when are you gonna doxx yourself for attention.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
SHe's p cute imo. Ya'll be cray cray./

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

The second one, Braid's the nuclear war one. Fez is the one wth the final puzzle that people have only solved via brute force and they can't figure out why that solution works. This is great in a puzzle game because

wait was that the actual final final puzzle

when I played it (read: followed along on gamefaqs because like hell I am decrypting hundreds of glyphs myself) they had figured out how to get all the collectible doodads and then they could press a code to make one doodad disappear but there was still one doodad that didn't, and also making the doodad disappear didn't appear to actually do anything

man that game was a waste of time

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Could phil fish go to jail/get sued into oblivion over leaking confidential sony/microsoft/valve documents as well as his employee's sensitive information? We need a lawyer in this sexy thread.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jastiger posted:

SHe's p cute imo. Ya'll be cray cray./

She would be cute, if she didn't have a habit of sleeping with a dozen people in a fortnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the way this story was framed at the beginning she was a smoldering anime haired temptress and her myspace angled photos sort of backed that up but then more photos came out and i was like lol all of these people are gremlins

this is almost universally true for any sex scandal

everyone has a little bit of ugly in them. some have more than others

• Locked thread