Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
HAIL  2  U!

I think the thing I look forward to most every episode is lines like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The pacing in this episode is better than the manga chapter it's based on, in my opinion, but that pushed the best part of all into part 2 rather than it being in part 1. Is it next Friday yet?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
:stare:

Jesus Christ this episode.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

It's episodes like this that just prove that Polnareff is more of a main character than Jotaro.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 22, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I loved the Monkey's Paw fake-out.

I wonder if this is an enemy stand or Avdol's father's stand. I'm guessing the latter since he seems more intent on punishing Polnareff than outright killing him, so far.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
TCH TCH TCH

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

TCH TCH TCH

So much hype. :dance:

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I loved the Monkey's Paw fake-out.

I wonder if this is an enemy stand or Avdol's father's stand. I'm guessing the latter since he seems more intent on punishing Polnareff than outright killing him, so far.

It has the same squiggly line things under it's eyes that Avdol and his dad had. I think it's his fathers stand.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

drat, the whole crew is so racist!

Just 'cuz a dude has the same hair and skin color doesn't mean they're the same person! The hair color is totally different too!

edit: Also seriously the running joke of Polnareff continually being ambushed because he's such an idiot is so good. How many times have the other characters been ambushed like that by the enemy? It's only been Joseph, right?

Seriously though Polnareff is so much better than Jotaro- I'm pretty sure in this episode alone he's shown more emotion and general versatility plotwise than Jotaro has in the entire series up to this point.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 22, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

TCH TCH TCH

It's still not next Friday is it?
I'm so looking forward to this.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Polnareff is the character with the arc, the Joestars are there to mop up the trash, as usual.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
All your dreams come true in Polnareff Land.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You just know that Polnareffland would have a Dunk the J. Geil exhibit.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Fereydun posted:

drat, the whole crew is so racist!

Just 'cuz a dude has the same hair and skin color doesn't mean they're the same person! The hair color is totally different too!

edit: Also seriously the running joke of Polnareff continually being ambushed because he's such an idiot is so good. How many times have the other characters been ambushed like that by the enemy? It's only been Joseph, right?

Seriously though Polnareff is so much better than Jotaro- I'm pretty sure in this episode alone he's shown more emotion and general versatility plotwise than Jotaro has in the entire series up to this point.

if every jojo was just joseph again poo poo would get old fast

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

darealkooky posted:

if every jojo was just joseph again poo poo would get old fast

Yup, a neat thing about the series is that every JoJo is the opposite of the last.

Pure good paragon of politeness and morality->rear end in a top hat who jokes a lot and gets around with cunning->Brutal motherfucker who doesn't say much and pounds people into smears of blood.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Jotaro might not be as colorful as most of the other characters, but he's a fantastic straight man for everyone else's goofiness. I'd definitely take Anime Clint Eastwood over a total snore like Jonathan, too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotarowns

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I thought the references to genies and Disneyworld were indirect references to the movie, but it turns out Judgment's chapters came out in 1990, while Disney's Aladdin came out in 1992. Coincidences are funny.

Well, not all of them are funny. RIP Robin Williams, at least you never came back as a flesh-devouring zombie obsessed with becoming whole again.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So that baby was a vampire right? it would explain the super intelligences and the fangs and all. Plus it would explain how a baby went to work for DIO.

[e] Also the chickens being named after Michal Jackson and prince made me laugh.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, it's a loving evil baby, that's it.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The baby was out in sunlight so there's no way it could be a vampire.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Waifu posted:

No, it's a loving evil baby, that's it.

So, a regular baby?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

trucutru posted:

So, a regular baby?

Yes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DrManiac posted:

[e] Also the chickens being named after Michal Jackson and prince made me laugh.

Do not forget Lionel Richie

couwy
Nov 9, 2009

~just feels good~

FirstAidKite posted:

Do not forget Lionel Richie

Hello, is it feed you're looking for?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Well, not all of them are funny. RIP Robin Williams, at least you never came back as a flesh-devouring zombie obsessed with becoming whole again.

Yeah, I all last week I couldn't help but think how bad the timing of this episode would be. :smith:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, I all last week I couldn't help but think how bad the timing of this episode would be. :smith:
Eh, it's not that terrible. It's not like Robin died by getting parts of his flesh chewed away, after all. I will admit, though, this episode would have been pretty uncomfortable to watch had it aired last week, when Robin's death was fresher in everyone's minds.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
They had a a really cool Cameo shirt for sale at one point, considered buying it but didn't feel like paying 100 usd for it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm enjoying Part 3 pretty good but I can't help but think these horror movie motifs would have been fresher closer to the timeframe of the original manga, back before they had become quite as stale. It's been 30-40 years since the inspiration for a lot of this stuff first hit...

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm enjoying Part 3 pretty good but I can't help but think these horror movie motifs would have been fresher closer to the timeframe of the original manga, back before they had become quite as stale. It's been 30-40 years since the inspiration for a lot of this stuff first hit...

That's a lot of what I love about Pt 3. The series feels so weirdly out of time, and despite how much anime and manga have borrowed for JoJo, there's still nothing else out there that feels quite like it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I feel it helps that the main cast is just so solid. There's just something about these characters that I don't think the other parts (that I've read) have quite captured. The villains are really memorable too. The other parts also have a good cast and villains, but part 3 is just so memorable. I don't know what it is about it. Hell, this isn't even my favorite part.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know, the only way Stardust Crusaders could be any better is if Joseph was 40 instead of 70.

Then again, if that were the case, he'd probably steal the limelight.

That and Jotaro probably wouldn't even be old enough to attend elementary school. :v:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know it's a consequence of the show having much better animation this season, but I miss how much of Pt. 2 was just freeze frame animation panels with insane color schemes and ridiculous floral and star patterns while people monologued about wrestling homoerotic vampires. I just want to see Dio again.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The music was just so freaking good this last episode it was crazy---perhaps the best season yet as far as original musical themes and such goes.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
Yeah. That was a good episode. It really hit home "Man, I read this part in the manga way too fast." for me. I also have no idea what the "Skip the intro, it has spoilers!" guy was on about, even though like I said, I read the manga back in the day.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I don't know if this is a spoilery question but I just noticed the Lucky Land motif on the tarot cards, what's up with that?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

I don't know if this is a spoilery question but I just noticed the Lucky Land motif on the tarot cards, what's up with that?

It's the name of Araki's company I believe.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Tobaccrow posted:

Yeah. That was a good episode. It really hit home "Man, I read this part in the manga way too fast." for me. I also have no idea what the "Skip the intro, it has spoilers!" guy was on about, even though like I said, I read the manga back in the day.

He over-interpreted things.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Somehow I also totally forgot about Judgement, entirely.

Loving this adaptation though, David put so much effort into capturing the JoJo Style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I've never really understood the hate for Gonzo. Gankutsuo and Welcome to the NHK were excellent, first season of FMP wasn't bad, and their bad shows (at least those I've seen -- Gantz, Saikano, Hellsing) were all adapted from trash in the first place.

And while I don't know if it's actually what happened, I can definitely see someone watching Gankutsuo and going "yep, these are the people for JJBA."

• Locked thread