Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Well, the title of the fairy tale was in German, but the text was Latin and had nothing to do with the story being narrated (It was some Bible passage or Christian miscellany). This is the worst children's book ever. Might as well have put the instruction manual for a Hellfire missile or the lyrics to "Danger Zone" on there, for all people would care.

Ramones Danger Zone, or Kenny Loggins?

I'd imagine they'd be different children's books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
So, having seen last night's stream and been inspired, I decided to play Girl's Side First Love Plus, with the translation patch and whatnot (I was surprised that the Skinship is, while no less silly than I was expecting, a good bit smarter than I was expecting), and I'm a little bit puzzled about something. Since this thread sounds like it has at least someone who knows a little something about the games, is it OK if I ask for a bit of help here?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Feel free to use this thread to ask questions. The only things I ask are that anything superspoilery gets put behind spoiler tags, and that no one ruins my blind run by digging deep into how Girl's Side works.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Alrighty. I'll probably put mechanical pieces and stuff in spoiler tags, though I don't think this specific dilemma will pop up in the blind run.

Ok, so, I went with the same room as VibratingSheep, the blue room, because it offers the best art stat. I'm going for Art Club Guy. Because of my choice in guy, I'm going for the same fella as my designated gal pal. Well, that could get unpleasant, and working around that while still having a friend to hang with is the basic crux of my issue.
According to the guides I can find, the easiest solution is to ignore her forever, to avoid man-snatching. But this seems to leave me without a way to raise the social stat, as far as I know, until I find other friends, a path fraught with adding more guys to my plate. So, I figure my options are: Go without (Art Club isn't bad for the Social Stat, at least), Start over (I'm not far in) and pick a different room and thus another friend, (Though that's ultimately going to knock my stats relevant to this run down), Bite the bullet and meet some guys and gals (Which will happen anyway, though I've got no idea who'd be good to meet), Ignore my Guides and just chill with her anyway, and/or devote a lot of time to buttering her up so she'll let me have him.

So I guess I'd like some advice on the best way to proceed.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

D3m3 posted:

Alrighty. I'll probably put mechanical pieces and stuff in spoiler tags, though I don't think this specific dilemma will pop up in the blind run.

Ok, so, I went with the same room as VibratingSheep, the blue room, because it offers the best art stat. I'm going for Art Club Guy. Because of my choice in guy, I'm going for the same fella as my designated gal pal. Well, that could get unpleasant, and working around that while still having a friend to hang with is the basic crux of my issue.
According to the guides I can find, the easiest solution is to ignore her forever, to avoid man-snatching. But this seems to leave me without a way to raise the social stat, as far as I know, until I find other friends, a path fraught with adding more guys to my plate. So, I figure my options are: Go without (Art Club isn't bad for the Social Stat, at least), Start over (I'm not far in) and pick a different room and thus another friend, (Though that's ultimately going to knock my stats relevant to this run down), Bite the bullet and meet some guys and gals (Which will happen anyway, though I've got no idea who'd be good to meet), Ignore my Guides and just chill with her anyway, and/or devote a lot of time to buttering her up so she'll let me have him.

I've only played GS2 and 3, so it might be different in the first, but I'm pretty sure that when you trigger rival mode, make sure to constantly hang out with her for weeks and weeks on end until you're at good relations with her. She'll concede her loss, leave art guy to you, and go back to being your buddy.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

D3m3 posted:

I'm going for Art Club Guy. Because of my choice in guy, I'm going for the same fella as my designated gal pal. Well, that could get unpleasant, and working around that while still having a friend to hang with is the basic crux of my issue.
Spoilers related to the above issue:

You'll meet the other girls the same way you meet the guys - by raising the related stat high enough. You can also raise the Social stat by reading fashion magazines, though it's a lot less than if you did club activities and hung out with friends.

I tend to go for playboy (play girl?) runs where even if I have one goal guy I'll try and raise every stat and defuse all bombs as they pop up. This means that any other guy I meet will eventually probably like me better than the designated girl and they will hate you, no matter how close you were before or how little attention you've paid to the guy. I'd say cut your losses on the starting girl because after you hit rival mode, it's really difficult to win her back.

The rival system in the first two GS games is done pretty well unless you want to be Miss Popular with everyone. Then it's annoying as hell.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

D3m3 posted:

Only one problem and it's a bitch.

Find ANOTHER girl to befriend by raising other stats or joining their clubs to bump into them. I believe you meet Sporty Girl by exercising a lot, etc. Once you unlock another girl just hang out with her instead. My favorite girl is Arisawa and she's also the best.

Shofra
Dec 19, 2012

Wait, you're not into this sort of thing, are you?

D3m3 posted:

Hahaha, okay, well:

Rival mode can be manageable, but it's a pain in the rear end. If you want to avoid it, you'll be okay--every single run of every GS game I've played has always ended in me having a social stat of well over 300. It's the easiest stat to raise. I'd suggest not messing with rival mode your first go-around, because everyone I know who's tried has gotten their man stolen from right under their feet and it's been a great tragedy and a waste of like 10 hours of your life. So, instead, join a club that doesn't include her, or make a new girl friend--I agree with Jenner about Arisawa, she's best girl. Or just find an activity that raises social--I think painting and exercise will do it. Even your job will raise social. Seriously, it's the one stat you should not be worrying about at any point.

Because of rival mode, secret boys are actually kind of easier to get, so long as you figure out how to trigger their track--and some of them are pretty easy to trigger, you'll figure it out after a normal run or two. And the main boy is easy too, if you know how to raise your stats properly, which isn't hard.
It's the weirdest thing about Girl's Side games.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
After seeing Sheep's stream, I kinda want to play these games...

There are english patches for GS 1-3, right?

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014

D3m3 posted:

If you hang out with her a bunch and raise her affection faster than the guy's, you can avoid triggering rival mode altogether. It only triggers if the guy like you better than she does, so if you're ridiculously nice to her early on and get her to maximum affection before you max out the guy's affection, you can spend the rest of the game pursuing him without her interfering.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Shofra posted:

Hahaha, okay, well:

Rival mode can be manageable, but it's a pain in the rear end. If you want to avoid it, you'll be okay--every single run of every GS game I've played has always ended in me having a social stat of well over 300. It's the easiest stat to raise. I'd suggest not messing with rival mode your first go-around, because everyone I know who's tried has gotten their man stolen from right under their feet and it's been a great tragedy and a waste of like 10 hours of your life. So, instead, join a club that doesn't include her, or make a new girl friend--I agree with Jenner about Arisawa, she's best girl. Or just find an activity that raises social--I think painting and exercise will do it. Even your job will raise social. Seriously, it's the one stat you should not be worrying about at any point.

Because of rival mode, secret boys are actually kind of easier to get, so long as you figure out how to trigger their track--and some of them are pretty easy to trigger, you'll figure it out after a normal run or two. And the main boy is easy too, if you know how to raise your stats properly, which isn't hard.
It's the weirdest thing about Girl's Side games.

Alright, thanks! That all helps a lot!
Everyone's advice was very useful for wrapping my head around juggling this.

Tarezax posted:

Yes! That's what I'm asking about now!

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

Tarezax posted:

For 1 and 2 on DS and 3 on PSP, yeah. I think the group that was doing 3 on DS is still working on that too even with the PSP version having been finished.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Little tips that won't ruin your blind run at all, granted my familiarity is with the DS version of the game however:

0. The creepy brother is the "I know everything about boys" character in this game. Talking to him doesn't waste a day (in the DS version) and you ask him about numbers and how much the boys like you.

1. You must learn about the stores and what they're selling from the magazine.

2. There is always a sale on the Emperor's birthday.

3. Things like "Pure" ans "Sporty" etc are styles, and each particular boy prefers a certain style. If you wanna be real cheap you can just buy two outfits of the style the thread's chosen boy likes and cycle them back and forth. Unlike Tokimeki 3, the boys will only notice if you wear the same outfit twice in a row not twice EVER.

4. Holiday clothes like Furisodes and Yukatas go on sale during near the seasons/months those holidays come up and they are expensive.

5. You unlock jobs with stats. Certain jobs unlock after certain stats are achieved.

6. Arisawa is the best, please unlock Arisawa ASAP. (Arisawa unlocks if you're a nerd.)

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

Jenner posted:

0. The creepy brother is the "I know everything about boys" character in this game. Talking to him doesn't waste a day (in the DS version) and you ask him about numbers and how much the boys like you.

I've only played DS but I'm fairly certain he does cost a day on PS2, sadly.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Jenner posted:

3. Things like "Pure" ans "Sporty" etc are styles, and each particular boy prefers a certain style. If you wanna be real cheap you can just buy two outfits of the style the thread's chosen boy likes and cycle them back and forth. Unlike Tokimeki 3, the boys will only notice if you wear the same outfit twice in a row not twice EVER.

A change in one piece of clothing, including accessories counts as a "different" outfit. The absolute cheapest strategy I came up with for buying clothes is to Buy a light top, pants/long skirt, a light jacket, 2 accessories, and 2 winter accessories. Change the accessory each date (using the light jacket during fall/spring, and the winter accessories from December - February,), and boom, you've got a wardrobe for the whole year.

I can't remember if you can pull it off in GS1, but it's possible to get a whole years' wardrobe for all seasons, a yukata, swimsuit, furisode, and party dress by December of the first year. The reason I can't remember if it's possible is that I don't remember if GS1 has clothing selling and the points card.

I love making puzzles out of life simulation games, so now I'm inspired to do a run of GS1 to see how much it's possible to get, and come back with a trip report.

Fang Blade Havoc
Jun 8, 2011

Luke what are you doing, stop that
Re picking the starting room/initial galpal: it's worth noting that the starting stats only differ by about 10 points, which you could make up in a week or two, and you'll be getting your guy's preferred stat through the roof before long anyway. It's really not worth picking the "best" room for your stats if you want to avoid meeting a rival girl.

It's going to be super hard not to constantly shout out answers and mechanics for the blind run, I wanna backseat drive like crazy. I just get so excited because I actually know what's going on in these ones! then invariably some PS2 version difference will trip me up Does anyone know if checking the website/email/magazine takes up time in the PS2 version? During the stream sheep was driving me nuts by not checking it and missing shops and base info.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Tokimemo 3, chapter 17: The End

3/14: Graduation day

Somehow, I didn't manage to capture the part where there's a scroll of the gym and Goon says "Wow, my 3 years here are over." There's some kind of drone in the background too, but it's entirely unimportant. Let's get started on the actual endgame.

Takuo: Whew, that's finally over.
Takuo: By the way, did you hear about the party?
Goon: What party?
Takuo: Geez, it's been on the bulletin board forever and you didn't know about it?
Takuo: This afternoon, there's going to be a party for the graduating students.
Goon: Yeah? That sounds fun.
Masaki: I'm going too, of course.
Takuo: We have to go help set up, so we'll see you at the party.
Goon: Well, I'll see you there.
Takuo: See you soon.

Goon: (A party, eh?)
Goon: Huh? There's something in my locker.
Goon: It--it says

Goon: ("This afternoon, I'll be waiting for you on the legendary hill"?!)
Goon: (I, I wonder who it's from?)
Goon: (Well, anyway, I'll head over there after the graduation party.)

Goon appears to have no control over his inner and outer voice. That or the writers just arbitrarily threw parentheses around because they had some to spare.

Takuo: So, what'd you think of our show, the belly-dancing comedy routine?
Takuo: We mashed the belly dance up with the helping hands routine.
Takuo: It was pretty funny, right?
Takuo: We really focused on the footwork, did it show?

Quick note before you throw up at the thought of these two guys trying to do a sultry rendition of the Dance of the Seven Veils, the Japanese definition of belly-dance is the kind where you draw a face on your stomach and gyrate around like an idiot. For example:

Okay, that may not have helped suppress the vomiting. We now return to your regularly scheduled ending.

Masaki: I, I participated against my will.
Masaki: It was against my will...

Masaki: This is the end of the road, isn't it.
Takuo: Yeah. It is.

Smooth way to change the subject, Shiratori, we totally didn't notice.

Masaki: When I think about how I can finally go a day without seeing your faces, my spirits soar.
Masaki: Goodbye.
Goon: Take care of yourself.

Takuo: He may pretend to feel that way, but he's just too shy to say what he actually feels.
Takuo: Well, I hope you understand.
Takuo: Thanks to you, I had a lot of fun at school.
Takuo: ...I'll see you around.
Goon: Yeah. Take care.
Goon: (Graduation... and goodbyes.)

These goodbyes would have had actual impact if there had ever been a single reason to consider Takuo or Masaki to be a friend. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun did more to develop its Yoshio-alike Tomoda in 2 seconds than Tokimemo did in 3 years of in-game time!

Goon: That letter in my locker...

Goon: I wonder who wrote it?

Goon: On that hill where we'll meet...
Goon: The legend goes "When two people swear their love, their love will last forever"

Goon: Among the swirling cherry blossoms--
Goon: Whoa!
Goon: (It feels like this happened before)
Goon: (Yes. A long, long time ago.)

Serika: You came.
Goon: So you wrote that letter, Serika.

And the bandages are still on her face. Does she need a cone of shame, or something?

Serika: W, well, today's graduation day, so this is the last day we're both at school.

Serika: And that's why--
Serika: Umm, this is so hard to say.
Serika: I--I wanted to tell you today, before it's all over.

Serika: I wanted to say thanks, and... and more.
Goon: Thanks? For what?

Serika: For always being there for me.

Serika: I always thought--I thought that I would always be alone.
Serika: That I didn't deserve to make new friends.
Serika: That's why I was always acted so distant, so cold to everyone.
Serika: I thought that if people didn't like me, then that would make it easier.

Serika: But you were different.
Serika: You always looked out for me.
Serika: You truly worried and cared, and tried to understand me.
Serika: That's the first time I've ever met anyone who thought about me like that.

I'm so glad that Emi can't hear this.

Serika: At first, I thought that you were so nosy.
Serika: But as we spent more time together, that slowly stopped being annoying.
Serika: And I started to think--
Serika: It'd nice if we could stay together like this forever.

Serika: Then I thought, I couldn't afford to feel like that.
Serika: I didn't deserve to feel like that.
Serika: So I tried not to think about it.
Serika: I convinced myself that I was wrong.

Serika: But just like light of spring melts the snow--
Serika: Slowly, silently, and gently...

Well that got poetic out of nowhere.

Serika: Your warmth melted my heart.
Serika: My frozen heart melted.

Serika: I--
Serika: I can't lie to myself anymore.
Serika: I don't want to lie to myself anymore.

Serika: So hear me out, one last time.

Serika: I l--I like you.
Serika: Not as a friend, not as a comrade, nothing like that.
Serika: But as the most important person to me in the world.

Serika: Umm, so...
Serika: Yeah, I love you.

Goon: Serika...
Option 1: I love you too, Serika.
Option 2: Sorry. I appreciate the sentiment, but...

Goon: I love you too, Serika.
Serika: Are you sure?
Goon: What do you mean?

Serika: I don't know what's going to happen from here.
Serika: I don't know where I'm going to go next.

Serika: I may have to leave this town, and never come back.

Serika: But no matter how far apart we are, will you always think about me?
Goon: Of course.

Serika: Haha... you really got me.

Serika: I really can't guarantee what'll happen to you for saying that to--to someone like me.

Serika: And, umm, I don't know what to say right now. I can't find the right words.

Serika: But I can promise you this much.
Serika: No matter what happens.
Serika: No matter what fate awaits me.

Serika: I'll--
Serika: I'll keep on loving you!
Serika: I love you.
Goon: (On that fated day, among the swirling cherry blossoms...)

And that is how the curtain closed on my three years of high school.

When I look back, it feels like all I did was go to the dojo.

But thanks to that, I was able to win the national aikido championship, and that's pretty amazing.

And the best thing is, I have a cute girlfriend in Serika.

I feel that I was able to have a wonderful high school life.

In the end, I'm going to become a teacher at the dojo and continue practicing aikido.

As for Serika?

She joined the JSDF.

She's going to be deployed to a distant war zone with an NPO.

We're both pretty busy, but when we find time we go out on dates together.

She's beautiful, and she has a kind and strong heart, so I think she'll be a great addition to the JSDF who can get people to work together.

There are a few things I'm worried about, but I believe that our love is eternal.

Just like the legend of the hill, the promise we made that day will last forever.

Yukiko went to a teaching college.
She'll probably become a kind, well-loved teacher.

If she doesn't bomb any students who don't pay attention in class.

Oda-san went to work at a third-rate company.
It was a spectacularly weird choice, for her.

What.

Emi-san became an instructor at her grandfather's dojo.
She seems happy to be surrounded by children every day.

This one makes sense, okay.

Shiratori is going to open a bakery.
Man, I never imagined that he'd become a baker.

You're just throwing darts at a job board now, aren't you, game?

Yabe went to work at a second-rate company.
He doesn't really talk to me anymore, so I guess he's really busy at his job.

This one also makes sense, I guess.

The end...?

The last part of the credits in Tokimemo 3 is a list of every contributor to the Tokimemo Fund. If you speed it up, it takes about 2 and a half minutes to go by - there were a lot of people who invested in this game.

I have a few friends in there, but they had to make up fake Japanese names in order to be listed in the credits (there was a character limit), so I have no idea where they are on this list. I'm guessing that a few of them would deny being on this list anyway, what with the money being wasted.

Final thoughts:

Okay, so now that that's done, there are a few parts I want to point out.

You can say no?! Who would ever do this?

YKWSTG count: 10

"We're both pretty busy, but when we find time we go out on dates together."

WHAT? How does this even work? Spatially, I mean? "When we find time" means "when she comes back on leave" I guess?

"There are a few things I'm worried about, but I believe that our love is eternal."

"A few things I'm worried about"? She told you she might never come home! How is this okay?

And most importantly: why did we see Yukiko's, Mari's, and some of Emi's events, but never saw Serika's? She was wearing her bandages on graduation day, and we never got to see what the hell was going on!

We got screwed by RNG! And it cost us the proper ending! Aaaaaugh!

YKWSTG count: TILT TILT TILT

There is only one PS2 game that can possibly vent the pure, white-hot rage that I felt after seeing this travesty of an "ending".

It's hard.

Ball-bustingly hard.

But fair.

God Hand. One of my top three games of all time.

I mean, c'mon, don't act like you don't like the ball buster. (Ball buster!)

It took about 2 hours to fight through the Game of Death homage, defeat Devil Hand, and then finally beat Satan/Angra. But I was able to take out all of my anger on the last boss in a wonderful flurry of pummelings, Yes Man Kablaams, and Double God Hands.

And then... I tried to get out.

I tried to leave Tokimemo 3 behind, as a distant, distasteful memory.

I tried to get out, but you pulled me back in!

There's one mystery left to solve.

Next time: The truth.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 23, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

so wait the ending doesn't even explain the thing with the bandages and the constantly being late?

dumb

at least she'll remain the female protagonist of persona 4 in our hearts.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

See, it's really a tragedy, because Serika can't trust us enough to tell us that she has to go fight Erebus every night. Ironically, this eventually causes her to give into the very despair Erebus embodies and lose. Then the world ends.

No moral.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

vibratingsheep posted:

...a list of every contributor to the Tokimemo Fund.
Question: you said that both Metal Gear Solid and Suikoden were sorta crowdfunded. Did the investors get their names in the Japanese credits like this?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Al Baron posted:

Question: you said that both Metal Gear Solid and Suikoden were sorta crowdfunded. Did the investors get their names in the Japanese credits like this?

As far as I know, no. I'll let you know if these same names are at the end of the Girl's Side credits when I get there.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Relevant:

vibratingsheep posted:

leaving many players wondering "What did I just watch?" - a sentiment that is also common to the Gray route,

But not how you meant it!

ETA: (I was testing in Girl's Side, and found out that the default "no date clothes" clothes actually counts as a an outfit to wear to a date as long as you don't buy "regular" clothes, and doesn't seem to have a negative affect on affection. So you'd probably be able to wear them, and buy all of the special clothes in one year. All of my fun is ruined!)

Catalina fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 23, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...it really says something when GOD HAND is easier than your game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Dating Sim protagonists can only dream of a friend like Tomoda.

Tokomeki Memorial 3: Even when you win, you can still lose and carry a deep feeling of unfulfillment.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Spiritus Nox posted:

See, it's really a tragedy, because Serika can't trust us enough to tell us that she has to go fight Erebus every night. Ironically, this eventually causes her to give into the very despair Erebus embodies and lose. Then the world ends.

No moral.

You gotta reach out to the truth.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Holy poo poo, Serika becomes a soldier.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I beat God Hand (on normal), I doubt I could make it through this even if I knew Japanese.

You are brave man, and I hope your suffering at least is somewhat less in wherever this thread turns next... Even if half the show is watching melt down :v:

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Catalina posted:

ETA: (I was testing in Girl's Side, and found out that the default "no date clothes" clothes actually counts as a an outfit to wear to a date as long as you don't buy "regular" clothes, and doesn't seem to have a negative affect on affection. So you'd probably be able to wear them, and buy all of the special clothes in one year. All of my fun is ruined!)

But then that game's Hanatsubaki won't compliment you on your fashion sense, and that's just a tragedy.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Holy poo poo, gently caress you TM3.

*Makes game that is almost completely about story.* *Forgets to tell story.*

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Now that is some pretty drat incompetent game design.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Completely decoupling story events from the endgame event was not something I expected at all.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

vibratingsheep posted:

You can say no?! Who would ever do this?

Well, I suppose if you had somehow gotten the Yukiko ending as a few people in this thread were fearing, you might have done that on general principle. :v: I'm assuming it would just give you the "bad" (in quotes because the alternative in that scenario is clearly far worse) ending?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I actually figured it out during the end dialogue scroll. The military ration, the bowie knife and the other other military stuff hinted this was going to happen. It is still extraordinarily retarded, Serika has never been shown to care much for her country or have any real reason to join the army, but we'll see if the event we missed clears this up.

I'm currently banking on the fact that this is Seikano, where Serika is a human weapon who protects the only peaceful slice of land from an encroaching war.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

I actually figured it out during the end dialogue scroll. The military ration, the bowie knife and the other other military stuff hinted this was going to happen. It is still extraordinarily retarded, Serika has never been shown to care much for her country or have any real reason to join the army, but we'll see if the event we missed clears this up.

What made you think she was in this to defend Japan?

She just likes killing.

And, let's face it. If you had to be in this game, you'd agree.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
What really made chat rage was when VS explained the reason for the bandages and what we'd missed.

You guys don't really get the full effect of that since VS heroically went back to finish the events. A true hero. :patriot:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Sindai posted:

What really made chat rage was when VS explained the reason for the bandages and what we'd missed.

You guys don't really get the full effect of that since VS heroically went back to finish the events. A true hero. :patriot:

I was there when he got the right event. It took 2+ hours and 3 replays of the last year.

Sheep truly suffered for the greater good that day.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
"And then everyone graduated and went on to do stuff. I dunno, we didn't really keep in touch, and there were some really weird decisions."

What an ending. You can really tell 3 years of character development led to this.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

"And then everyone graduated and went on to do stuff. I dunno, we didn't really keep in touch, and there were some really weird decisions."

What an ending. You can really tell 3 years of character development led to this.

Oh, it gets even worse. This is just the beginning.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I like how Shiratori is even more of a dick to you than Rei in the first game but the game still expects you to think of him as a friend somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

Catalina posted:

But wouldn't you start getting the "same outfit as last date" penalty after the first time? Though you could probably get away with only one date with normal clothes in the first year... You can probably get away with only one date period in the first year but that's no fun.

In fact that reminds me, I know vibratingsheep's trying to go more or less blind and so definitely won't want this, there's an extremely in-depth guide to the numbers for Girl's Side 1 for anyone else playing along who might want it. It's based on the DS version so I'm not sure now accurate it is to PS2, but since the DS version is he one with the translation patch I think a lot of people here are going to be on that anyway.

• Locked thread