Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Captain Pissweak posted:

I hope people start publicly calling Abbott a coward and his ego gets in the way.

Protesters should start calling him chicken and make chicken noises at him. His inner bully won't let it stand and he'll show them!

I love TA's body language when he's confronted with something like the "poo poo happens" comment, you can see he just wants to start throwing a few punches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

Protesters should start calling him chicken and make chicken noises at him. His inner bully won't let it stand and he'll show them!

We tried this last night....it didn't work

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

blacksun posted:

Can someone re-post the comparison of how many pieces of legislation the current government has passed so far compared to previous governments?
10 months into their parliamentary term, the Abbott Government has passed 103 legislation bills

In comparison:
Number of bills passed (total):

41st Parliament (John Howard): 549
42nd Parliament (Kevin Rudd): 409
43rd Parliament (Julia Gillard): 566

After 260 days...

41st Parliament (John Howard): 15/11/04 - 2/8/05: 180
42nd Parliament (Kevin Rudd): 11/2/08 - 28/10/08: 153
43rd Parliament (Julia Gillard/Kevin Rudd): 27/9/10 to 14/6/11: 163
44th Parliament (Tony Abbott): 11/11/13 - 30/7/14: 103

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

CrazyTolradi posted:

I love TA's body language when he's confronted with something like the "poo poo happens" comment, you can see he just wants to start throwing a few punches.

I tried combining that with the Tony Abbott head shake but I'm not very good with images or anything really

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
I made the mistake of reading the facebook comments on an ABC24 story about Scott Morrisons tribunal appearance. Racist morons really love having pictures of their space as their profile pictures on facebook.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Gough Suppressant posted:

A stressed Hitler

Which makes Bill shorten Neville Chamberlain.

I dunno. Clives that Quisling dude. He seems popular at first but ultimately he'll let tony win and push all the jewsrefugees into a loving pit or something :(

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

WebDog posted:

So Chris Kenney is a coffee frother? :v:

I wouldn't want a dog fucker around my food.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Morning AusPol, I though you all might like to start your day with a vile article written about the recent protests at the University of Adelaide, written by a guy who still hasn't managed to comprehend how misogyny works and can't see the problem in labeling all the protestors as "upper middle class".

His faux class consciousness makes me furious. A poorly written and poorly argued pile of poo poo.

http://m.indaily.com.au/opinion/2014/08/22/protest-crashes-through-irony-barrier/

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Mad Katter posted:

Morning AusPol, I though you all might like to start your day with a vile article written about the recent protests at the University of Adelaide, written by a guy who still hasn't managed to comprehend how misogyny works and can't see the problem in labeling all the protestors as "upper middle class".

His faux class consciousness makes me furious. A poorly written and poorly argued pile of poo poo.

http://m.indaily.com.au/opinion/2014/08/22/protest-crashes-through-irony-barrier/

Oh god, why did I click? :qq:

quote:

Can’t fault the rhyme or metre, though given most of these students will probably be corporate lawyers in a few years time, I’d probably suggest a short addendum:
“Education should be free,
Not just for the bourgeoisie;
Our parents pay our uni fee,
And we can’t see the irony!”

Though the comments have some good bits:

Robyn posted:

19 hours ago
Hey there Tom. I am one of the working class (brought up in Footscray, one of 8 Irish Catholic etc) who managed to go to uni (the first in the family) because Whitlam/ a labour government made it possible. My return contribution has been significant, I believe, in the decades since. I will now stop reading this newspaper because your article/analysis article was tedious, shallow crap.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:frogsiren:<<<TODAY>>>:frogsiren::psyduck:

wherein we all run afoul of the new anti-terrorism legislation

Come be a Vicious Lawless Associate... er, politically active goon.

Where: Sukachi Chicken and Beer 115-121 Albert St, City.
After dinner, find a bar.
When: Saturday 23rd August. 6pm onwards. <<<TODAY>>>
What: Drink and talk poo poo about how world is fukt.

"Do you have stairs? gently caress. This is stupid."
No codephrases, I'll make a booking under "Goons", I'll be in a green shirt and i may have a plastic potplant with something topical on it. Like Hungry Hungry Gina.

But I'm a goony tard that lives in a rat hole in Cooperooo and the busses dont run after 10pm
Well, nobodys perfect, come out and forget your awful life.

But I'm poor and cant buy any more money. I'm eating shoeboxes.
Sukachi is like Gami, big plates of fried chicken in sauce for not a lot of money.
If you are super prole I'm sure one of the nice wealthier goons can buy you a drink.

But I...
Come out.

I'm Australian PM Tony Abbott, can I come?
Yes, but your security will have to stay home.
but..
Thems the rules Tone.
Can I erect a fence?
Only if we can we knock it over
I guess...

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 23, 2014

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The train Anidav takes to Auspol crashes and as I slowly die, Campbell Newman stands above my corpse wearing a hardhat.

"Bad Luck"

In other news, I have a friend working at a hospital and he works pretty much 9am-10pm and they only give him like a 5 minute lunch break. He thinks it's okay because he's a casual and when I gave him BCR-Advice to join a Union his reply was "But I'm not left wing"

Alas he will remain angry for being trampled on every day but a job's a job, mate.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 23, 2014

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I can't see the mystery anidav post.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

There we go.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I have no idea how that happened.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well its' the weekend here in Melbourne, and you know what that means for the corner of Bourke and Swanston streets. Protest booths!

On one corner it's some kind of Islamic information kiosk. The corner outside Telstra is an all purpose anti-abbott placard emporium. The third is a Pro-Gaza protest bunch. And the forth corner is a single guy handing out tiny stamp sized leaflets yelling at the pro-gaza group.

Pro Gazans: "Israel out of Palestine!"
:tinfoil::"They were put there by God and no one will move them!"
"End the killing of Palestinian women and children! Support Gaza!"
:tinfoil::"Also end the killing of Iraqi women and children!"
Which was followed by confounded stares by everyone.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

The train Anidav takes to Auspol crashes and as I slowly die, Campbell Newman stands above my corpse wearing a hardhat.

"Bad Luck"

In other news, I have a friend working at a hospital and he works pretty much 9am-10pm and they only give him like a 5 minute lunch break. He thinks it's okay because he's a casual and when I gave him BCR-Advice to join a Union his reply was "But I'm not left wing"

Alas he will remain angry for being trampled on every day but a job's a job, mate.

He must have some huge level of self-hate, "I'm not left wing, so I don't need a lunch break.". The problem with casual employment is that it makes you so afraid to rock the boat, because they can flick you off in an instant.

Still, lol I'm not left wing. I don't get why anyone who's a casual worker and not in a high income profession would even think that being right wing might help them, but I suppose in his head he thinks he's doing well because unlike those other suckers, he's getting paid an extra half hour a day!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

SynthOrange posted:

Well its' the weekend here in Melbourne, and you know what that means for the corner of Bourke and Swanston streets. Protest booths!

On one corner it's some kind of Islamic information kiosk. The corner outside Telstra is an all purpose anti-abbott placard emporium. The third is a Pro-Gaza protest bunch. And the forth corner is a single guy handing out tiny stamp sized leaflets yelling at the pro-gaza group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UO6YlkYNJQ

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Queensland Labor: 50/50 motion on electing senators defeated. The left split on it, calling it Union hating. Complete choas.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
edit:wrong thread

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 23, 2014

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Minchins bit of a douchenozzle, but holy poo poo can play the gently caress out of that piano. O_o

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Kommando posted:

I'll be there. See you all in the near future.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah who else is going to this thing in the rain

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

There was a bigger crowd around the human statue half a block down the road than any of these booths combined.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

we ate chicken

Foundry Dancer
Apr 21, 2005

Kommando posted:

we ate chicken

Where'd everybody go?

*lost*

EDIT: Have found Gelatissimo. Am ok now.

Foundry Dancer fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 23, 2014

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Kommando posted:

we ate chicken

:henget:

So, so much chicken.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Alright which goobers were drinking Asahi?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Foundry Dancer posted:

Where'd everybody go?

*lost*

EDIT: Have found Gelatissimo. Am ok now.
We found foundry! Then we had to get the train home.

Edit: THANKS KOMMANDO you organised a great night out for antisocial goons. A+++ would eat more chickens.

The Before Times fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 23, 2014

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

We found foundry! Then we had to get the train home.

Edit: THANKS KOMMANDO you organised a great night out for antisocial goons. A+++ would eat more chickens.

eat chickens , for crowbutts.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
There's probably a political metaphor in how much chicken was et.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Shadeoses posted:

There's probably a political metaphor in how much chicken was et.

gently caress the PM?

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Mithranderp posted:

gently caress the PM?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm glad I won the most attractive award.

Whoever I gave my email address to for a job proposition, thank you and please don't forget :P

Anidav fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 23, 2014

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That sure is some pictures of some goons, yes siree.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
This was the front page of The Age today:

Note that this wasn't from the inside bits or the Extra, it was the actual front page. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a major newspaper have it's entire front page dedicated to a ad.

I mean - it's the front loving page. Isn't that what all good little journos dream of at night? Getting on the front page? Sure, the shine's fallen off in recent years with all sorts of crap being put on the front page, but there's always been a little news of one sort or the other, even if it's something bullshit like football.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Independent always.

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
Is it one of those wrap covers with the real cover inside or did they just not bother and went straight to page 2.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Gorilla Salad posted:

This was the front page of The Age today:

Note that this wasn't from the inside bits or the Extra, it was the actual front page. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a major newspaper have it's entire front page dedicated to a ad.

I mean - it's the front loving page. Isn't that what all good little journos dream of at night? Getting on the front page? Sure, the shine's fallen off in recent years with all sorts of crap being put on the front page, but there's always been a little news of one sort or the other, even if it's something bullshit like football.
Probably hiding some big news like Hockey 'stepping down' as Treasurer, a bit like this front page the day after Rudd announced the federal election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Looks like a wrap-around to me.

• Locked thread