Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Pasting in a youtube link doesn't parse into video tags in the quick reply like doing it in the preview reply page.

Pasting into Quick Reply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeqnq8Nzewc

Pasting into Post Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeqnq8Nzewc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
On some images (primarily imgur ones I think), timg-images go full-size once the page is fully loaded, ignoring screen width and often breaking tables. I checked, and disabling SALR fixes the problem.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Instant Grat posted:

On some images (primarily imgur ones I think), timg-images go full-size once the page is fully loaded, ignoring screen width and often breaking tables. I checked, and disabling SALR fixes the problem.
Could you link a post with an example?

Sir Unimaginative posted:

The Forums are now rejecting submissions from the Quick Reply panel with their "no third-party posting" warning. (I checked the recent replies and I don't think this has been mentioned in here yet.)

Previewing and then submitting works fine, presumably because the preview page is a standard Forums page.
Weird, I just used it and it worked. I'll look into this.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 10, 2014

KaLogain
Dec 29, 2004

I got her number. How do you like them apples?
Cybernetic Crumb

Master_Odin posted:

Could you link a post with an example?

I think this fits:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3495621&perpage=40&pagenumber=164#post430706806

KaLogain fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 8, 2014

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Weird, I just used it and it worked. I'll look into this.
I've been Quick Replying all day with no issues.

Did it right here in fact.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Yeah I don't have any quick reply issues.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Probably the same problem I have, the parse urls checkbox keeps defaulting to unchecked.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Confirming the Quick Reply issue here.

Oddly, Quick Edit works without an issue.

Rohaq fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 13, 2014

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Rohaq posted:

Confirming the Quick Reply issue here.

Oddly, Quick Edit works without an issue.
The technical explanation is that when you post, the forums requires you to have a "forum post key" associated with your account. If you don't have it (or get it wrong), the forums complains about using a third party extension to post. All SA apps generally get this key and save it or something. I'm guessing the wrong key got saved to your account somehow. When editing a post though, SA doesn't care if you have that key interestingly enough. In any case, since SALR gets they "form cookie" every time you view a thread, there's no performance hit to just get the form key everytime as well, and this way insures that this should work always. This is coming shortly as I've just been bogged down with other stuff unfortunately lately. :(

wormil posted:

Probably the same problem I have, the parse urls checkbox keeps defaulting to unchecked.
What? No? And do you have the setting to have that checkbox checked and it isn't and this is a bug?

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Pasting in a youtube link doesn't parse into video tags in the quick reply like doing it in the preview reply page.

Pasting into Quick Reply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeqnq8Nzewc

Pasting into Post Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeqnq8Nzewc
Luckily I can basically just 100% use SA's code for this! :v:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Master_Odin posted:

What? No? And do you have the setting to have that checkbox checked and it isn't and this is a bug?

Unless there is another checkbox

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wormil fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 16, 2014

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
New version released which fixes Quick Reply and adds the youtube paste thing.

Changelog posted:

### v2.1.5 (7/8/2014)
```
+ Pasting of youtube links into Quick Reply auto-formats them into [video] tags
* Fix Quick Reply sometimes not working due to incorrect post key
```

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I don't know if it's SALR or Chrome or what, but whenever I open a thread and the page appears fully rendered (but hasn't finished loading), I can scroll down for a good few seconds before it throws me back to the post the page loaded at. It sometimes takes a good while enough that I could be at the bottom of the page reading a post for a while and then suddenly the page finishes loading and springs me back up to the original post. I don't remember this happening before a couple of weeks ago and it's annoying.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

I don't know if it's SALR or Chrome or what, but whenever I open a thread and the page appears fully rendered (but hasn't finished loading), I can scroll down for a good few seconds before it throws me back to the post the page loaded at. It sometimes takes a good while enough that I could be at the bottom of the page reading a post for a while and then suddenly the page finishes loading and springs me back up to the original post. I don't remember this happening before a couple of weeks ago and it's annoying.
This has always happened and toggling the option for reanchoring the page after images load in the user control panel does nothing to stop it. It will happen regardless of that setting's selection. I don't think it's SALR doing it; I think it's the forums.

I agree it's really annoying.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

This has always happened and toggling the option for reanchoring the page after images load in the user control panel does nothing to stop it. It will happen regardless of that setting's selection. I don't think it's SALR doing it; I think it's the forums.

I agree it's really annoying.
Well SALR does reanchor assuming you selected a setting that alters the DOM drastically (converting all images to links). I've re-added it to a setting (under Thread Options) and added a toggle that disables it if you scroll, the user scrolls (basically use your mouse or keyboard). The issue of course is if you do convert all images to links and prevent the adjust, you risk ending up completely away from where you were due to automatic browser scroll from the decreased DOM.

Not sure there's a solution to that browser scroll though so :v:

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 17, 2014

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Well SALR does reanchor assuming you selected a setting that alters the DOM drastically (converting all images to links). I've re-added it to a setting (under Thread Options) and added a toggle that disables it if you scroll, the user scrolls (basically use your mouse or keyboard). The issue of course is if you do convert all images to links and prevent the adjust, you risk ending up completely away from where you were due to automatic browser scroll from the decreased DOM.

Not sure there's a solution to that browser scroll though so :v:
I just tried this option and now it works great, thanks! :)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Why is it when I paste something in the quick reply box, the cursor jumps to the end of the text inside it? Did I turn on something?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
It was a new thing for the Quick Reply where if you pasted a youtube video it would auto-parse it for you into the video tags. Fixed it not putting the cursor into the right spot and also added in a setting to disable it.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I'm having some issues with Quick Reply. I can write posts in it just fine, but if i hit the quote button, i just get an empty text box - the post i want to quote never actually shows up. Same thing happens if i go to edit one of my own posts. I'm on the most recent version, I checked.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Quick navigation no longer works for me, anyone else have this problem?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

RickoniX posted:

Quick navigation no longer works for me, anyone else have this problem?
It's usually because the extension was updated and you haven't refreshed the page so that it works again.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Are User Notes broken for anyone else? When I click "Edit Note" I get the popup, and I can fill it out, click OK, and the popup disappears. And then... nothing happens.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

dik-dik posted:

Are User Notes broken for anyone else? When I click "Edit Note" I get the popup, and I can fill it out, click OK, and the popup disappears. And then... nothing happens.
Yep, seeing the same issue here. It seems to go away if I disable the Chrome Sync though.

Maybe Chrome Syncing isn't happening for some reason?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there a setting to block one user's avatar?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

oh god why does every youtube video on a page suddenly play automatically :psyduck:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

rock2much posted:

Is there a setting to block one user's avatar?

Use AdBlock Plus. A few years ago I had a mighty extensive list blocking every MSPaint Adventures avatar I saw. Click the menu button, select "Block element," click the offending image.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

oh god why does every youtube video on a page suddenly play automatically :psyduck:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3657588&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post433729011

YouTube changed something.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
In the meantime, you can turn of embedded youtubes in your forums settings page.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Got the Google Cast extension in Chrome?

Disable it until they push the update that fixes the autoplay issue. Or until you decide you need to use it again.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Would it be possible to get an option to remove the little platinum user grenade icon? Adblocking the image itself doesn't actually work for some reason.

This thing, in particular, which I think is new:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
But how will you know who has platinum.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I don't give a poo poo.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Javid posted:

I don't give a poo poo.

That doesn't really seem to be the case.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

I don't give a poo poo.

Perhaps you need to sit down and seriously reconsider your priorities.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

withak posted:

But how will you know who has platinum.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Well someone did the work for me in adding it so you now have the option to under Thread Options on the extension. :)

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 31, 2014

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Thanks, anonymous coder!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I dunno if this is a known issue, but making/changing/deleting user notes doesn't work for me. I press delete/apply but nothing happens. For instance, I can't delete or modify your note, nor can I add notes to users.
Version 36.0.1985.143 m

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Did I accidentally turn on an option that jumps to the top of a thread's page after I post in in? I used to just jump to the last post (usually what I just posted)

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
nskillen added a feature that fixes the UserCP font. It's under "Other Options". Using it makes the fonts a readable size again and prevents blindness probably.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did I accidentally turn on an option that jumps to the top of a thread's page after I post in in? I used to just jump to the last post (usually what I just posted)

Getting this as well.

• Locked thread