Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
App13
Dec 31, 2011

There aren't actually any good CS players. Just players who suck a little less than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Texibus posted:

Can we goonman without a problem or is that on the same servers?

Goonman is fine*

*as much as CSGO can be

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

PIGEOTO posted:

Hahaha. You said you bet on an obvious favourite without knowing the house rules, and then claimed a 0% win chance on the underdog. There are literal people IRL that make money off compulsive gamblers who think this exact way. Goddamn.

Obviously they did not have a literal 0% chance of winning. A CS team is very very rarely actually an 85% favorite in a bettable match, which is why I wasn't familiar with the rule, because I've never bet a huge favorite before. This was one instance where I thought betting the favorite was actually a good bet. Lesson learned about not doing that, though, if you're not going to get paid out some of the time. FWIW, they won 16-4 and were running around TK'ing each other because they were so bored. 15% was generous.

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 23, 2014

Texibus
May 18, 2008
I'd say you can probably get value from betting on these teams if the odds get to around 3:1, in this game few teams are so much better that they are that big a of a dog.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Skins can't be split up like currency, it's not surprising that in a match with such drastic odds that the skins just don't exist in the betting pool to pay everyone out fully.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

App13 posted:

There aren't actually any good CS players. Just players who suck a little less than others.

There's GeT_RiGhT and everyone else.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Smol posted:

There's GeT_RiGhT and everyone else.
Theres f0rest.

And then gtr.

Then maybe shoxie.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Salt Fish posted:

pengy did that guy message you for his free knife yet?

Nope, still trying to get rid of this butterfly poo poo.

real dilemma posted:

This was one instance where I thought betting the favorite was actually a good bet.

Says the guy that got raked by the house for nothing.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

some retard was too scared to 1on1 me in the last round of a casual game and called a restard vote. it passed meaning every loving kill i got in that game didnt count and i didnt pass my mission. i got loving owned by a casual

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The Flying Fish posted:

some retard was too scared to 1on1 me in the last round of a casual game and called a restard vote. it passed meaning every loving kill i got in that game didnt count and i didnt pass my mission. i got loving owned by a casual

same for me but a knife kill. got it in one of the first few rounds then just stuck around to complete it. last round someone calls a vote to switch maps. :shepicide:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Coleman posted:

Theres f0rest.

And then gtr.

Then maybe shoxie.

Hiko. Hiko forever.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Got a factory new stattrack guardian USP-S that I was going to rebet but oh man it's so beautiful in game I don't think I could. I'll probably quote this in a week or so when I lose it I guess.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

Got a factory new stattrack guardian USP-S that I was going to rebet but oh man it's so beautiful in game I don't think I could. I'll probably quote this in a week or so when I lose it I guess.

I'll never bet my stattrack FN kami five seven

i mean yeah it's not worth a lot but i love it dearly since five seven is the best pistol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u83HwyFXhtg

:toot:

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Anyone remember the default names during CS beta? All I remember is sir_knumbskull but I'm pretty sure theres more

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
We were losing like 10-2 because of server lag completely loving us up, but pubbies taking the bait made up for it:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Taking the bait how? What bait?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Xenaero posted:

He's a troll. Don't cross him or he will troll you.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Xenaero posted:

Big jokes about no scoping, they totally fell for it.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I unboxed a regular FN guardian usp and a minimal wear guardian m4, they look so cute together :3:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Cuntpunch posted:

We were losing like 10-2 because of server lag completely loving us up, but pubbies taking the bait made up for it:

:drat: dude some sick rages you pulled off here

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NTT posted:

I unboxed a regular FN guardian usp and a minimal wear guardian m4, they look so cute together :3:

Ya! I have a minimal wear guardian m4 with my st guardian pistol, it's great.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

VelociBacon posted:

Ya! I have a minimal wear guardian m4 with my st guardian pistol, it's great.

I had to take the thrifty route and picked up a Dark Water m4 and usp. It's a pretty neat design, shinier than I would have thought when I bought it. I'm glad I have the m4 because before that I was using the m4a4, and I think I prefer the A1 a ton. I just started playing again for the first time since source and it's fun getting back into the swing of things.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Cuntpunch posted:

We should play together sometime, I'll show you how it's done.

Edit: LMAO or just do as braww does.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

That is way too many words about e-sports.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ArfJason posted:

I'll never bet my stattrack FN kami five seven

i mean yeah it's not worth a lot but i love it dearly since five seven is the best pistol

I'm sorry the name you were looking for there is CZ75-Auto

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 23, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Turns out that the special MM taser that makes a hooter sound and fires ribbons etc still actually does damage and you should not aim it at your teammates in the first second of a match and fire :(

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

NtotheTC posted:

Turns out that the special MM taser that makes a hooter sound and fires ribbons etc still actually does damage and you should not aim it at your teammates in the first second of a match and fire :(

Doesn't kill in one shot at range though. Piece of poo poo.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Doesn't kill in one shot at range though. Piece of poo poo.

It does, however, get you kicked immediately.

"Go Go Go"
*tooooooot*
*NtotheTC has left the game*

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

You normally have to do more TD than that to get kicked. I can AWP a teammate in the head when the round starts and not get kicked.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
I thought that TKing in spawn was a get kicked on the first offense thing?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Mimetic posted:

I thought that TKing in spawn was a get kicked on the first offense thing?

It's done on damage dealt. The 'round start' thing only applies to damage done in the first 15 seconds.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I did this last night http://youtu.be/KjSQWjvDIbY and it felt good.

It felt right.

And I think that I'm just playing with my buds is keeping me a lower rank because I top fragged and it turned out the game was filled with AKs and above?

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo
God I hate that map

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ghostsauce posted:

God I hate that map

Got a 10 cent skin out of it totally worth it.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

It's done on damage dealt. The 'round start' thing only applies to damage done in the first 15 seconds.

It's almost as if the original poster specifically said 'in the first second of a match'!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Has Valve made any statement irt: the terrible condition of the MM servers right now?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

i like all the upboats that dude got for calling u out about your little fag buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Cuntpunch posted:

It's almost as if the original poster specifically said 'in the first second of a match'!

I already dealt with that and was replying to Mimetic's comment of "I thought that TKing in spawn was a get kicked on the first offense thing?", which it isn't. Getting kicked for damage 'in spawn' is done on damage dealt in the first 15 seconds and is counted separately from (but also included in) team damage after the 1:45 mark.

I loving hate this Cpunch guy SO MUCH IT MAKES ME SO BAD MAD ARGHGHGHGHGHH AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY. IT'S loving HILARIOUS THOUGH, UNBAN MR PINK TIA.

• Locked thread