Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

is there a link out there about this? one of my friends has a 2006 in that blue color, not sure if his paint is peeling though.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/04/honda-civic-cr-v-odyssey-pilot-defective-paint/index.htm

Be warned, this took me 2 service managers. Apparently the issue (or so the rumors would have me think) came with cleaning fluid in the clear-coat sprays from the factory leading to diluted coverage, thus leading to the oxidation/fading that people have. My car is Fiji Blue Pearl which wasn't specifically covered by the recall, but pretty much every panel on my car that is metal looks like the ones that are in the photos for the recall. I came with a bunch of pictures from various sites and the guy was finally like "yeah this is pretty bad, one spot is a fluke, literally your whole car is something totally different" and agreed to paint the car if I gave it to them for a week. Now I either need a rental or a loaner, so time to call the insurance company and see if they will hook a brother up.

Good luck to your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This little trip to Chicago has been a loving nightmare. It's now 7pm and we just got settled into our (new) hotel room. We left on what should have been a 3.5 hour drive at 1pm. The other half felt the cheapass hotel we booked was just a bit too cheap and had a panic attack over the idea of bed bugs so we had to leave and find a new place. Probably not going to get a refund on the first one unless Hotels.com calls me back.

So I jump on my phone to book a new place and she's all "I'll handle this." And then goes and books it for the wrong loving days and we end up paying nearly $50 more than I could have booked this place online.

I'm a bit pissy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

This little trip to Chicago has been a loving nightmare. It's now 7pm and we just got settled into our (new) hotel room. We left on what should have been a 3.5 hour drive at 1pm. The other half felt the cheapass hotel we booked was just a bit too cheap and had a panic attack over the idea of bed bugs so we had to leave and find a new place. Probably not going to get a refund on the first one unless Hotels.com calls me back.

So I jump on my phone to book a new place and she's all "I'll handle this." And then goes and books it for the wrong loving days and we end up paying nearly $50 more than I could have booked this place online.

I'm a bit pissy.

It's only money and you're settled now. Let it go and enjoy the rest of your time there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

It's only money and you're settled now. Let it go and enjoy the rest of your time there.

I'm mostly mad at the clerk at the first hotel. He was adamant that I wouldn't get a refund despite being there for 10 minutes. I really wanted to punch him in the face.

Oh and we missed our dinner reservation so that also sucks.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

You can use any (non-digital) mic left handed. Just rotate the zero position adjustment all the way around to the other side of the mic, unscrew the set screw or ratchet on the back end of the thimble to let you remove the thimble (May require some force to get off) and put the thimble back on rotated so your zero position is on the opposite side.

Edit: If the tolerance is tight and the bend is between the true position hole and the datum edge, then yes, that's retarded.

:aaa:

.014" tolerance which is retarded when we have some 2+ foot long parts with a 2* angle tolerance and .030" on the radius of the bend and the profile. Just about any amount of twist in the part and the holes will be out even if the bend and the profile is fine

e: I forgot to mention it's 6-4 so it's a pain in the rear end to bend properly in the first place

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Yeah we tried some sheet metal work like that once. It's not normally a thing we do but a job we got included it so we subcontracted that part. The subcontractor screwed the pooch so bad on it that we wound up weeks late and they had to remake some of the parts TWICE before they got them right. Never again.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I used to work at a high precision sheet metal place.

Parts like that would be bent first, then I'd have to come up with a way to fit them in the CNC mill and put the holes in there afterwards.

I did some sort of rails for an aircraft that were like 10ft long in a little vf2 Haas. That was fun...

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So I just had a great Fonzie moment.

My roommate's GF just popped a tire and pulled into a gas station. I let him use my lug wrench, jack and jack stand. Half an hour later he calls me saying he can't get it off. It's stuck. So my other roommate and I go meet them to laugh at his expense. We get there and some dude is trying to help them. They are both complaining that it's stuck and that the lugnut bolts are bent. I walk over and kick it once and the tire pops off. "Bring my poo poo home," and I left. :coolfish:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Cat Terrist posted:

That is one of the best episodes of that show. It's just so deliciously hosed up :D

The writers are down right brilliant. The back and forth between characters is what really makes the show, the best though is between Watch and Ward. Easily the best banter of the whole show. Though Brock and Hunter Gathers is a close second.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 214 days!)

So, this was merging onto the Highway on Wednesday...

That is a next-year sticker. It was smogged last month. Oh, Nevada. :allears:

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I'm mostly mad at the clerk at the first hotel. He was adamant that I wouldn't get a refund despite being there for 10 minutes. I really wanted to punch him in the face.

Oh and we missed our dinner reservation so that also sucks.

Welcome to prepaid booking. I'll be shocked if you get anything from hotels.com.

The hotel doesn't even have your money, they get a monthly check from the online agent.

Maybe read a little about what you are paying for before hitting "ok". That poo poo's cheap for a reason.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

mafoose posted:

I used to work at a high precision sheet metal place.

Parts like that would be bent first, then I'd have to come up with a way to fit them in the CNC mill and put the holes in there afterwards.

I did some sort of rails for an aircraft that were like 10ft long in a little vf2 Haas. That was fun...

Yeah that's what we ended up doing, at first we tried to waterjet the holes in the flat pattern but scrap rate was ridiculous. Now we just waterjet the rough flat pattern and bend it, then cnc finish the profile and the holes

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Viggen posted:

So, this was merging onto the Highway on Wednesday...

That is a next-year sticker. It was smogged last month. Oh, Nevada. :allears:

Minnesota doesn't have any state inspections, so people get away with driving some seriously sketchy cars here. I wouldn't even blink an eye at that one.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 214 days!)

goatse guy posted:

Minnesota doesn't have any state inspections, so people get away with driving some seriously sketchy cars here. I wouldn't even blink an eye at that one.

What caught my attention initially wasn't the damage. It was the fact that they didn't bother to use two more wood screws and secure it. It was flapping around when he stopped (without working brake lights, natch..)

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

I think most midwest states are inspection free. So you know, no smog bullshit, so we are free to swap engines all day long.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Finally upped the avatar limits. I've been wanting to put this baby together for a long time.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

trouser chili posted:

Finally upped the avatar limits. I've been wanting to put this baby together for a long time.

:golfclap:

W124 E420 just plopped at the yards.

PILLAGE PLUNDER AND loving RAPE.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
considering I've been stuck behind some rear end in a top hat in a bro truck rollin' coal for the last three god drat days (different truck each time) some sort of emissions and or inspection regime would be pretty nice tbh

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So I just had a great Fonzie moment.

My roommate's GF just popped a tire and pulled into a gas station. I let him use my lug wrench, jack and jack stand. Half an hour later he calls me saying he can't get it off. It's stuck. So my other roommate and I go meet them to laugh at his expense. We get there and some dude is trying to help them. They are both complaining that it's stuck and that the lugnut bolts are bent. I walk over and kick it once and the tire pops off. "Bring my poo poo home," and I left. :coolfish:

Tell her to rotate her tires more often.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Water in the Miata again. I think the honeymoon is over with this car.

Jesus dude, just take it to a Mazda dealer or something because you obviously can't figure it out.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

rscott posted:

considering I've been stuck behind some rear end in a top hat in a bro truck rollin' coal for the last three god drat days (different truck each time) some sort of emissions and or inspection regime would be pretty nice tbh

Those tunes are pretty easy to swap back and forth as far as I understand, so I don't think it would help much. Folks that want to be lovely can just be lovely.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

trouser chili posted:

Those tunes are pretty easy to swap back and forth as far as I understand, so I don't think it would help much. Folks that want to be lovely can just be lovely.

1. They claim its their way of "sticking it to OBAMA!"
2. Piss unburned fuel away out the exhaust
3. Bitch because fuel prices are so high.
4. A person that knows diesels tells them that they are pissing away fuel out the exhaust.

Repeat the list above in no particular order over and over. Bonus points for truck nuts.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BrokenKnucklez posted:

The writers are down right brilliant. The back and forth between characters is what really makes the show, the best though is between Watch and Ward. Easily the best banter of the whole show. Though Brock and Hunter Gathers is a close second.

I personally love Dr Orpheus. Especially when he's being so dramatic then Venture does or says something that makes Orpheus all "....what?"

The Pleasuretube or whatever it's called and Orpheus' reaction when he finds out what it's powered by are perfect :D

Or "I'm a Nercomancer, not a NECROPHILE!!!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Jesus dude, just take it to a Mazda dealer or something because you obviously can't figure it out.

I did two months ago. They said the TSB has been done. The top isn't leaking, the drain holes are clear. I don't know where the gently caress it's coming from. The trunk is bone dry, the window and door seals are dry. Even the drain spots below the top hinges are dry.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What was the TSB about? Are you sure it's not coming in while you're driving from underneath somewhere?

IDK, I've never heard of a chronic mysterious leak in any Miata before. You're gonna have to get inside it while somebody hoses it down until you can find the leak. Don't get rid of it just because you can't find a drat leak.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Just a heads up: If anyone wants a free lap around the new NCM Motorsports track in a new C7 Corvette, the grand opening is the 28th here in Bowling Green; and they're holding a Chevrolet Driving Experience from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the 28th as well.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I did two months ago. They said the TSB has been done. The top isn't leaking, the drain holes are clear. I don't know where the gently caress it's coming from. The trunk is bone dry, the window and door seals are dry. Even the drain spots below the top hinges are dry.

Oh god, I had a car like that once. A Taurus, I think it was a 2001. I got it with very low miles and just a year or two old at a great price. Everything looked good -- no paintwork, everything clean, just a great loving deal.

Then I was cleaning it out and found water underneath the mats on the driver's side. I pulled the interior, got it dried out and tried doors/windows/normal stuff and found nothing that would let water inside.

Eventually, I found that one of the main body seams inside the cowl was either not sealed, or the seal failed. It was an impossible find and an even more impossible fix. However, I got lucky and found a guy that specializes in sealing car leaks (what the gently caress kind of microfocus is that), but he had some putty and a super skinny arm and had dealt with that issue before. He worked on it for 15 minutes and done. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found him, but the fix was permanent and no more water.

You may have to look deeper, Rhyno.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Went to a nearby "Tanks, Trucks and Firepower" show.

Lots of stuff to look at, plenty of scorpions, landies etc

Also this which I'd be greatful if someone could identify:

Exlposions!

Rest of the album here for those interested
http://imgur.com/a/oRu5m

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

freelop posted:

Also this which I'd be greatful if someone could identify:

It's a Panhard VBL (Véhicule Blindé Léger = light armoured vehicle).

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

InitialDave posted:

It's a Panhard VBL (Véhicule Blindé Léger = light armoured vehicle).

I like your avatar, I'm glad it doesn't say Newbie anymore :P

freelop posted:

Exlposions!

Rest of the album here for those interested
http://imgur.com/a/oRu5m

This is awesome :)

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
I just thought i'd rub in the fact that i am debt free and single. Its fuckin great

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I'll rub in that I'm happily married and my wife makes more than I do and is helping pay off my debts. Also I get sex.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CharlesM posted:

I like your avatar, I'm glad it doesn't say Newbie anymore :P
Thanks, man. :blush:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

Thanks, man. :blush:

I think your old avatar was more appropriate. :P

STR -- Buy me a 99 pack! http://anytimeale.com/

I know they'll never make it this far North, and it's probably just a publicity stunt, but I really think a 7' long, 82 pound box of beer is a wonderful thing and I applaud Anytime for making it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

meatpimp posted:

I think your old avatar was more appropriate. :P
I decided that, like you, I'd have an avatar that related to my username, rather than my posting.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

I decided that, like you, I'd have an avatar that related to my username, rather than my posting.

I don't know if that was a burn or not, but I'll take it as an :iceburn: and acknowledge it. :11tea:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think the Expedia hold music is the Top Gear theme or a direct ripoff.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlesM posted:

I think the Expedia hold music is the Top Gear theme or a direct ripoff.

These fuckers ripped it off hardcore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRDivUb5EeA

Top gear should sue.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Thank you for the education :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
gently caress me.

Why do I go to car shows? After walking around for a few minutes, all I want is a T-Bucket coupe with a big block Olds engine with an outrageous paint scheme.

• Locked thread