Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Gonkish posted:

It's 3am, and goons are lurking for free poo poo in PS2...

I was browsing the forums because I can't sleep (too much coffee), but I know what I'm going to be doing for a little while longer, at least... :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Hey at least we did better than most threads in games, half the people who took them spoke up to say thanks instead of ninjaing them.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

He's posting them on 4chan too, but they are all gobbled up instantly as well. HOW DO PEOPLE DO THAT?!

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

GC posted:

Too slow, LastPass didn't have my password handy because SOE's login URL changed. :negative:

This nearly got me, the first code I tried was gone one minute after Higby's post.

Gonkish posted:

It's not even dark yet in the superior timezone. :smug:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It's like everyone is Superman and they're all on direct fiber connections to the SOE servers so they never ever have to wait for the website and can all copy|paste just by thinking about it and then all the codes are gone forever. :(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Gonkish posted:

I was actually about to hit the sack, read all the new posts in my bookmarks then jump off. Made my snarky post and bam, higby codes.

Speaking of charity :v:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I just want a golden beamer and maybe some of the SOE Live swag that I'm not entitled to at all, because I am a giant selfish baby. Higby pls.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Last stop before bed and I caught it like seconds after he posted. I was pretty sure it was going to say I already had a gold beamer, but now I'm the douche with the gold beamer and the money camo. This will legit make getting my vehicle ram kills more enjoyable.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I am irrationally depressed now, because I have neither a golden Beamer nor cashmoney camo. Sad. :911:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

At this point my PS2 hoodie is more exclusive than the SOE Live camo. :v:

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Gonkish posted:

I just want a golden beamer

Is that what it unlocks? I don't feel bad about missing out on it then, I very rarely switch to a pistol to finish and I'd run with a crossbow before the Beamer. Now if it was for the golden crossbow...

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Higby come back and sell off some of those sweet VS shirts like you had in the icebucket video. I know a reddit guy already called that one actual shirt.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...
Probably shouldn't post them in the public forums.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh poo poo I got one that he posted on 4chan! It's the SOE Live Camos at the very least, I'm not sure what else.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Klowns posted:

Is that what it unlocks? I don't feel bad about missing out on it then, I very rarely switch to a pistol to finish and I'd run with a crossbow before the Beamer. Now if it was for the golden crossbow...

It gives the cash and coin camos but also the NS autoblade. It doesn't appear to give the hunter-P though.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah oddly no Hunter QCX-P, but definitely got the Autoblade and the camos.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So apparently splash is now working in VR on test. So, um, how many years did it take?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Now I just need to stalk TRay on the stream and beg for a golden Beamer to complete the cash-money millionaire look. Thanks to thee, based Higby!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I haven't played the game for ages (10 gigs of patches), is the performance patch they were going on about released yet?

I have updated my computer since I last played it but I still feel like I get really bad performance even on lower settings?

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Aug 23
Daily sale: NS-30 Vandal
Members sale: Sunderer Bull Grill

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo the Vandal's on sale? Get that gun, that gun owns.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Well, I'm glad you finally got something.

Note that if you got the pack with the NS Knife and picked up the Analyst Helmet last patch (or the NS Helmet from the referral program, I guess) you can now have an entire loadout of NS weapons and cosmetics in any class. Use a faction-indistinct camo and congratulations, nobody can tell what loving faction you are at a glance!

GC
Sep 8, 2004

zoom zoom
Maybe there will be codes given out next weekend at PAX. :sigh: SOE has a booth but not sure if anyone of any importance will be there.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Aug 23

:fap: Hell yeah, I've been waiting for this to go on sale.

Nakar posted:

Note that if you got the pack with the NS Knife and picked up the Analyst Helmet last patch (or the NS Helmet from the referral program, I guess) you can now have an entire loadout of NS weapons and cosmetics in any class. Use a faction-indistinct camo and congratulations, nobody can tell what loving faction you are at a glance!

The analyst helmet is great, I've had many occasions in which a friendly does a double-take at me and then shoots a burst at me.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Jippa posted:

I haven't played the game for ages (10 gigs of patches), is the performance patch they were going on about released yet?

I have updated my computer since I last played it but I still feel like I get really bad performance even on lower settings?

They released a series of optimizations over the end of last year / beginning of this year with small optimizations every patch. Sometimes they gently caress something up and people lag to poo poo for awhile. What settings are you using? Hit Alt + F to turn on your FPS meter (turn smoothing off for this part) and turn everything to ultra or high until it says [GPU] in yellow. Then turn things down (usually shadows first) until you are at [CPU] in blue. At high settings more stuff is offloaded to your GPU, at low settings it assumes you have a bad GPU and makes the CPU do more work.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I logged in real quick to buy the Vandal and was greeted by a bizarre /order from crazy guy Commander2x.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
For those that missed it last time the Starter Kit is on sale again, currently $8.49 worth it for for the 1k SC.
    *Golden SMG
    *7 day booster
    *3 day booster code for a friend (I'll be your friend)
    *1000 Station Cash

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

las0m posted:

(used codes)

Awww... :(

Higby if you got an extra shoot me a forum PM pretty please. :allears:

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Aug 23

I can now get the revenant and spend those 1K certs on reload speed like a cert whore

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Aug 23

I bought the Vandal with SC two days ago :negative:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
R3A7-296Z-663G-TG4N-KXZ9

3 day Exp boost, thanks to everyone for posting that 24karat pack sale.

I still haven't gotten any hate tells from using the golden SMG's though :smith:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Damnit higby why cant you give me codes via tells ingame i constantly send you tells and friend requests. By constantly i mean once when i remembered its cross server.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I dunno why the code didn't include the QCX-P but... whatevs. Cashmoney camo!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Because that wasn't in the soe live pack, idiot.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Gobblecoque posted:

I logged in real quick to buy the Vandal and was greeted by a bizarre /order from crazy guy Commander2x.

I am speculating.

There was some guy, maybe that guy? Maybe someone else, but they were in a PUG platoon run by ZenChicken and they were talking a lot about their mental health issues on voice at great length. Everyone was gently trying to steer the guy back to the video game. It was early morning.

Also thanks to Higby for the gifts, I didn't get a code through the thread though, but it's awesome to see that stuff get shared. Everyone deserves to live out their fantasies of blasting wrestling entrance music and pretending they're The Million Dollar Man, or Woman.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Because that wasn't in the soe live pack, idiot.

I think someone posted details about the SOE live event and how you could get all sorts of goodies by subscribing to their twitch channel. They probably wanted people to go to SOE live and also subscribe to twitch so all the gubbins were listed on one page. I definitely thought I saw the xbow-P listed on the same page as the NS autoblade and assumed they were all one thing.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Yeah for the low price of 20 dollars you got a platinum xbow and some smilies. Separate thing from the camo / knife.

Edit : holy gently caress the steam version of ps2 has been updated to match live. No more huge downloads post install. Higby :swoon:

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 23, 2014

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Klowns posted:

For those that missed it last time the Starter Kit is on sale again, currently $8.49 worth it for for the 1k SC.
    *Golden SMG
    *7 day booster
    *3 day booster code for a friend (I'll be your friend)
    *1000 Station Cash

As someone who has (had) no SMGs, wow. This was a good deal :v:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

It's pretty much the best deal. Also did they snuck in a range limit for the lancer or am I imagine things ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth

Trogdos! posted:

As someone who has (had) no SMGs, wow. This was a good deal :v:

Yep, I can finally put off that cert grind for the SMGs and use them for more fun things :v:

edit: Here's the XP boost code for goons that can put it to use better than me: PMJA-CDM9-DJRX-N479-FCMP
Also please post if you take the code.

VenusInFurries fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 23, 2014

• Locked thread