Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
why is this getting so much attention , i get that its bad but like ppl are acting like its watergate or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fajita Fiesta posted:

why is this getting so much attention , i get that its bad but like ppl are acting like its watergate or something

a cop posted:

She is insanely attractive

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fajita Fiesta posted:

you say that and then i see people 100% straight faced calling it Zoegate

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
i imagine ppl posting and thinking 'im so angry she hosed those 5 guys and not me goddamn'

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Fajita Fiesta posted:

i imagine ppl posting and thinking 'im so angry she hosed those 5 guys and not me goddamn'

those are the same people trying to defend her so hard they get hosed

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Fajita Fiesta posted:

I think the "progressive" art indie dev is actually a manipulative abusive partner who by her own definition raped her boyfriend several times thing is what has people laughing.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

lovely Wizard posted:

Yeah, they're reported on arguably personal issues before, but oh no this time it's loving requiring several days of thinking before reporting on it because a friend of a friend is involved

Who can get that many internet nerds to agree to coordinate about anything?

Let alone ignoring a salacious story about a game dev abusing a partner, fighting with other game devs, and acting badly for self-promotion? The whole thing should be catnip for clickbait writers. The Fish guy even went off on a woman who said she'd been sexually harassed. Total silence.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013

The Droid posted:

I think the "progressive" art indie dev is actually a manipulative abusive partner who by her own definition raped her boyfriend several times thing is what has people laughing.

people laughing at it seems fine but people on reddit seem legit angry that the santicty of their videogames has been ruined by her vagina

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Fajita Fiesta posted:

that is the real injustice in all of this, imo.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

your poison womb is making steam early access too crowded.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Fajita Fiesta posted:

people laughing at it seems fine but people on reddit seem legit angry that the santicty of their videogames has been ruined by her vagina

you're really surprised about reddit reacting this way?

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

i just cant get enough of retards and the games they play

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
unemployment is through the roof for internet goers I guess so they need something to care about. It just happens to be this thing.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I can't get enough of these tasty burgers and fries!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

david... posted:

its a dumb wrong game but you can be depressed and have a signifcant other you dumdum

Reading about relationships with significant others might be Triggering for lonely, single depressed people. You were mocking a poster for closing the game immediately when being confronted with Triggering material. You're the real dumdum.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I can't get enough of these tasty burgers and fries!

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
im a nice guy who writes on a video game blog and yet zoe quinn is a huge loving bitch who won't even give me the time of day. its whoresluts like her who perpetuate the incel epidemic, at least when they aren't busy ruining video game journalism.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Hey guys I've been thinking...

Lowtax said the poster of the helldump was a parachute account to begin with and she said she's been a goon since '02. What if she hell dumped herself here and then on tumblr? Kind of makes you think with the phil fish hack pretty much for sure being a fake. I want to believe.

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
did the fish guy do the hack or not?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

4outof5 posted:

Hey guys I've been thinking...

Lowtax said the poster of the helldump was a parachute account to begin with and she said she's been a goon since '02. What if she hell dumped herself here and then on tumblr? Kind of makes you think with the phil fish hack pretty much for sure being a fake. I want to believe.

that would loving own

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

slowbeef posted:

Yeah that one never happened.

Wait how can you be a Jehova's Witness and do LPs?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

barfoid 4 posted:

Dunno, my theory is, if he did do it, he and/or ZQ did it to distract everyone/make themselves out to be victims.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Fajita Fiesta posted:

A lot of the outrage and interest comes from how blatant it is. The 'journalists' openly give Zoe money every month. Lots of them. Which is really hosed up. Sure people can say "oh it's just video games" but no poo poo everything is relative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

4chan gave two thousand dollars to some charity event, where women are invited to pitch ideas for games, and whichever game wins in a vote will be developed with crowdfunding money, while all proceedings will go to charities and something like 8% for the idea ladies. Some people are mad because women aren't paid enough for their ideas. And also there is a very similar event that Zoe is behind. That's what I've heard.

This event came first, before she went out of her way to kill it by calling it sexist and creating her own to fill in the void. lol

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
This would be a roadbump if the response was just, "we hosed up in the past, didn't establish proper boundaries and should behave more like professionals in this future".

Instead the entire "indie" industry were like racehorses out of a gate competing to find out who could act like the biggest stupid rear end in a top hat.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

fish catches sea cow, releases employee info

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
social justice warriors have made most of the internet pussy blind

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Fajita Fiesta posted:

i mean yeah that's part of whats so funny in the first place

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Ahundredbux posted:

i mean yeah that's part of whats so funny in the first place

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Zoe Quinn's ex while writing up the big exposure

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

barfoid 4 posted:

Who knows, Renaud Bédard (Fez programmer) says Phil Fish's dropbox was hacked (which contained the server credentials). It doesn't mean Phil didn't do it, but he did so without telling anyone else.

I doubt he did it, even if his bipolar was really bad. Voluntarily releasing that information would ruin his business, friendships, and bring on a shitload of legal action from businesses such as Microsoft and Sony. To top it all off any potential employer googling his name would laugh him out the door. Its suicide, short of actually killing yourself.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lol the doritos hat.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

lol gboon

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
so is rape "in" now

can't keep up with all these young folk

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
^^^ Only ironic rape is cool, grandad.

Tokamak posted:

Who knows, Renaud Bédard (Fez programmer) says Phil Fish's dropbox was hacked (which contained the server credentials). It doesn't mean Phil didn't do it, but he did so without telling anyone else.

I doubt he did it, even if his bipolar was really bad. Voluntarily releasing that information would ruin his business, friendships, and bring on a shitload of legal action from businesses such as Microsoft and Sony. To top it all off any potential employer googling his name would laugh him out the door. Its suicide, short of actually killing yourself.

Just remember that he's canceled a game over twitter drama.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

coleman francis posted:

so is rape "in" now

can't keep up with all these young folk

Your posting literally just raped me. I'm going to press charges

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Just remember that he's canceled a game over twitter drama.

Some game he probably hasn't started working on is very different to confidentiality agreements with big companies, financial records, and royally loving over colleagues. That's some next level poo poo, even for Fish.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

:vince:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

interesting point but I prefer "ben kuchera is a loving retard" theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

if by devs and press he means Zoe then it all makes sense