Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

homo punching bag posted:

browsin yospos

scrub tier green text tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hey they didnt have compressed air cans back then

i think this video might be staged

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

or we've discovered a time traveler!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

- the cover keyboard clicks
- it's a touch screen
- there's a kickstand

• sassy swiping. getting things done with just the touch of you're finger types

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

graph posted:

• sassy swiping. getting things done with just the touch of you're finger types

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW_lWMy2Cic

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:cheers:

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

these are awesome

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u82_bqMRDiU

greatest moment in TV history as far as I'm concerned

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:allears: :swoon:

those were the halcyon days

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u82_bqMRDiU

greatest moment in TV history as far as I'm concerned

rock 'n stone best wrestling period

current wrasslin getting p decent since they moved away from making everyone bald and incredibly boring, though

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
hey microsoft thanks for making it impossible to just simply cut out the middleman and buy a fuckin windows 7 key (no you dont want windows 7, it's old. you'll use windows 8 and our halfassed quasi tablet gimmick and like it, bitch) meaning i have to purchase a full fuckin copy off newegg, wait a week for the package to come, toss the cdrom in a corner of the room to never use it again, THEN use the fuckin cd-key instead of, you know, allowing me to give you my credit card number and you giving me a product key i can use all in the space of four minutes.

but hey, your support is 3 for 3 in being cool and good to work with, theres that at least

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
do they still let you buy like a short molex power cable thing for a few cents/bucks so you can buy oem w7 with it as 'oem'?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol windows licensing. I love how getting an OEM version makes it trapper keeper to the motherboard you installed on.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

fleshweasel posted:

lol windows licensing. I love how getting an OEM version makes it trapper keeper to the motherboard you installed on.

yup. i'd buy a full version but i looked for like half an hour and i dont think they make non-oem w7 versions anymore, only oem versions of 7 and full versions of 8.1

rip, time to pray to the incan gods of motherboards that this drat mobo doesn't die 6 months from now

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i made the mistake of running my boot camp partition on parallels vm. wandows detected "hardware changes" and made me reactivate. and then again when booting back to boot camp but by that time my activations were used up so I had to call microsoft and enter a huge random activation code manually

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
are you feeling the genuine advantage?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

you can feel the genuine advantage when you boot back into os x

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CraigK posted:

hey microsoft thanks for making it impossible to just simply cut out the middleman and buy a fuckin windows 7 key (no you dont want windows 7, it's old. you'll use windows 8 and our halfassed quasi tablet gimmick and like it, bitch) meaning i have to purchase a full fuckin copy off newegg, wait a week for the package to come, toss the cdrom in a corner of the room to never use it again, THEN use the fuckin cd-key instead of, you know, allowing me to give you my credit card number and you giving me a product key i can use all in the space of four minutes.

but hey, your support is 3 for 3 in being cool and good to work with, theres that at least

why would u pay for a BitTorrent?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

you're supposed to pay for an msdn subscription and pray you aren't audited, jeez

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

alternatively: new startup every few years for bizspark

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my first job was all eval poo poo from msdn. like, production sql server, everything :newlol:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Thanks Ants posted:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

you may be a victim of software piracy microsoft licensing

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

theadder posted:

you may be a victim of software piracy microsoft

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
actually I remember back in 2000 or so adding ram to a new laptop required a call to a live MS rep to get windows unfucked. at the end I told him what I thought of the process and he typed it in and promised me that billg himself would read that I thought it was "really stupid and a waste of time"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
my neighbor has a relatively new laptop with Win8 on it and the hdd needed to be replaced

now it blue screens all the time.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

i love how that, as well!

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

my neighbor has a relatively new laptop with Win8 on it and the hdd needed to be replaced

now it blue screens all the time.

That's the start screen

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

actually I remember back in 2000 or so adding ram to a new laptop required a call to a live MS rep to get windows unfucked. at the end I told him what I thought of the process and he typed it in and promised me that billg himself would read that I thought it was "really stupid and a waste of time"
he must have listened

gj

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Phoenixan posted:

he must have listened

gj

thanks, i guess you could say windows 7 was "my idea"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Thanks Ants posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

oh my god they just spent like 3 incredibly awkward minutes of live TV talking about the Microsoft® Surface™ tablets on the sideline of football games

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

qirex posted:

oh my god they just spent like 3 incredibly awkward minutes of live TV talking about the Microsoft® Surface™ tablets on the sideline of football games
So is this going to be a thing all season?

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

pram posted:

my first job was all eval poo poo from msdn. like, production sql server, everything :newlol:

:cb:

reported to BSA

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Cardboard Box A posted:

So is this going to be a thing all season?

probably contractually obligated to be one

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

qirex posted:

last week didn't they call them iPads for the first half of the game? I wonder how many meetings were held this week about that 3 minute segment

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
if that's true I must see footage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Scott Forstall posted:

last week didn't they call them iPads for the first half of the game? I wonder how many meetings were held this week about that 3 minute segment
after the break they were very deliberately calling them Microsoft Surface tablets.

• Locked thread