Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

xxEightxx posted:

BP poo poo itself for anyone else yesterday? There were a lot of people complaining they were stuck in spectator mode. Me? For some reason, and from what I could tell in zone, my fps capped out between 4-6fps, which made it basically unplayable.
It has been steadily getting worse. The game seems to spawn multiple copies of objects and eventually so many are spawned that framerate tanks and players start crashing. They really need to restart the zones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

gently caress job boards. I can probably level faster without ever touching them again with the xp/respawn changes now.

Edit: Recluse hotfix, still no fix for broken penisland or the spine pvp core dealing 110% reflect damage (lol)

Musluk fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 21, 2014

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
I really want to hit up BP for some XP/crystite goodness, but my client crashes after 2-3 minutes there every time.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Ralith posted:

I really want to hit up BP for some XP/crystite goodness, but my client crashes after 2-3 minutes there every time.

I have gotten to leaving very colorful comments on the 'tell us what you were doing when you crashed' dialogue box. I just cant imagine anyone is ever in the emotional state to rationally and logically explain what was happening when a game they were playing crashes. I know I am always a titanic ball of rage.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Musluk posted:

gently caress job boards. I can probably level faster without ever touching them again with the xp/respawn changes now.

Edit: Recluse hotfix, still no fix for broken penisland or the spine pvp core dealing 110% reflect damage (lol)
Post #8 has a dev saying that they will hotfix patch BP as soon as they fix the bugs. Should only take another month or two before BP is bug free!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
We've been loving around in Broken Penis for a while tonight and so far the only problems we're seeing is Crossroads is where the lag inducing crap is happening so everyone's just doing donuts around it through all the other outposts. It's still amazing xp / loot. Russians with aimbots and spiney cores are always on the other team, not yours. Fuckers.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

We've been loving around in Broken Penis for a while tonight and so far the only problems we're seeing is Crossroads is where the lag inducing crap is happening so everyone's just doing donuts around it through all the other outposts. It's still amazing xp / loot. Russians with aimbots and spiney cores are always on the other team, not yours. Fuckers.

quote:

In order to fix the item we need to deploy another build. For now we've removed the item from vendors until the item can be fixed. Once it is fixed it will be available
on the vendor once again.

From Pez. I spent five minutes in that thread and apparently the world is going to end. It was frustrating as hell last night, but I went from 36 to 40 with my slow rear end, non burst dps Rhino (and managed to get 1 kill). I am the hisser king though.

On a side note, for all you beta people that have your pilot tokens from the old system, when you ding 40 you will get the remainder balance, not a full 10 tokens.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Spiney cores seem like such a bad idea to begin with. I'm guessing you just take instant magical damage and it isn't something that you can somehow dodge? If it caused bullets to bounce back toward the shooter that would be a whole other deal.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Fina posted:

Spiney cores seem like such a bad idea to begin with. I'm guessing you just take instant magical damage and it isn't something that you can somehow dodge? If it caused bullets to bounce back toward the shooter that would be a whole other deal.

The whole idea of spiney cores seems very out of place in this game to me. But who cares. I'll likely never set foot in BP because I can't be arsed, I'm not in GOONS, and the guys I run with, are very casual. Oh well, guess I'll just do ares missions to grind more frames to 40!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/addon-scrapii-an-auto-salvager.4910021/

Scrapii auto salvager addon. It's pretty much a mandatory mod now.

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
Unless I've missed something in the last few pages we have a fan guild 'G00N'. Those are zeroes if that ain't obvious.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

What is wrong with the in game salvage option that a mod is required? Or have most people not dumped an obscene amount of red beans to expand their inventory? :suicide:

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Come to think of it, it is pretty dumb that enemies drop items that have no use other than to convert directly into other items. Why not just drop the crafting components directly? It doesn't make any less sense than all the other kinds of drops and it reduces makework.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Ralith posted:

Come to think of it, it is pretty dumb that enemies drop items that have no use other than to convert directly into other items. Why not just drop the crafting components directly? It doesn't make any less sense than all the other kinds of drops and it reduces makework.

Along that line of thought, why do I have to manually select "all" when I am salvaging junk items that are specifically listed in the salvage category of my inventory? Under what circumstances would I ever not want to salvage all of each of those items? In fact, why aren't they automatically put into the salvage menu when I open it? I shouldn't have to manually select those items in the first place.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Apple Craft posted:

Along that line of thought, why do I have to manually select "all" when I am salvaging junk items that are specifically listed in the salvage category of my inventory? Under what circumstances would I ever not want to salvage all of each of those items? In fact, why aren't they automatically put into the salvage menu when I open it? I shouldn't have to manually select those items in the first place.

I'm just glad they gave us the option to finally display only salvageable things in my inventory. Now I don't have to scroll past my mile long crafting mats thing every time I want to clean out the junk drawer down at the bottom.

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
Considering the amount of terrible iterations of crafting systems they've gone through I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt that it's them trying to clean up the mess (it's not, it's just they still don't have a clue).

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

FadedPez, post: 74056621, member: 11 posted:

Hey guys,

I'm posting to give an update in regards to the Spiny Cores. We agree with you guys that we cannot allow the items to continue to give those that purchased them before we disabled them from the vendor an unfair advantage. In total honesty, at this point, the earliest possible time we could properly deploy a fix for these items (and it would be retroactive for those that have asked) is Tuesday. Given that, we've worked with our team and unequipped and removed Spiny Cores from players' characters/inventories that had them. We also refunded those players the vouchers spent on those items, so once those items are available once again, if you desire you could spend your vouchers on them.

Hooray!

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Now thats how you handle a broken item!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Lemon King posted:

Now thats how you handle a broken item!

Yes now if they can just do something about me blowing myself up with my firecat. Base take overs are my nemesis if they are defended.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I'm really enjoying this event. The warpaint is going to be quite the eyesore but I must have it.

The RPG is interesting. Primary fire has a shotgun reticle but with roughly half the diameter and shoots a dumbfire rocket suitable for close range work. AOE is a bit over half of what I'm seeing with similar tier grenade launchers. The alt fire is the cool part. The reticle blooms up to a massive (remember how big the reticle was when your HMG reached zero durability?) version and locks on to whatever's closest to the center and within range. It looks like Big Brother's targeting. The lock-on is just like a charge rifle and uses the same bar and times. Once locked on, as long as you can keep the target in the reticle, the rocket will pull some crazy sidewinder missile poo poo to hit the target. Most of the time. It's kind of wonky with tornados. It's a lot of fun!

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Inimicul posted:

I'm really enjoying this event. The warpaint is going to be quite the eyesore but I must have it.

The RPG is interesting. Primary fire has a shotgun reticle but with roughly half the diameter and shoots a dumbfire rocket suitable for close range work. AOE is a bit over half of what I'm seeing with similar tier grenade launchers. The alt fire is the cool part. The reticle blooms up to a massive (remember how big the reticle was when your HMG reached zero durability?) version and locks on to whatever's closest to the center and within range. It looks like Big Brother's targeting. The lock-on is just like a charge rifle and uses the same bar and times. Once locked on, as long as you can keep the target in the reticle, the rocket will pull some crazy sidewinder missile poo poo to hit the target. Most of the time. It's kind of wonky with tornados. It's a lot of fun!

I want to do more of the event, but so far the 2 areas I've come across were bugged and couldn't be completed. I gave up after a little while and have not bothered to log back in to try some more. Whats they pay out per site like? I've heard 7-15 vouchers each. That seems a little light considering the cost of some the stuff from the npc.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013
17 for the giant Crystite one and 26 for the Arahna Nest, 50% reward for failure.

Edit: It's projectile moves slow as hell and its medium range, thought it would end up being a replacement for the currently favoured Melded Grenade Launcher in owPVP. Doesn't seem the case unless that +10% poison damage activates the poison perks too.

JonusRockweller fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 23, 2014

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

JonusRockweller posted:

17 for the giant Crystite one and 26 for the Arahna Nest, 50% reward for failure.

Edit: It's projectile moves slow as hell and its medium range, thought it would end up being a replacement for the currently favoured Melded Grenade Launcher in owPVP. Doesn't seem the case unless that +10% poison damage activates the poison perks too.

Eh, that makes it sound far to gimmicky to be really useful. I was hoping for more out of it. Really I just want the pet so I can run around and laugh as people try to kill and and can't figure out why its not dying. The 500 credits a day is nice too.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Is that 500 credits item a one-time consumable, or can you reuse it every 24 hours?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Doodles posted:

Is that 500 credits item a one-time consumable, or can you reuse it every 24 hours?

I think it's one time use, but now I'll have to check since I'm lazy and didn't check to see if it was removed from my inventory after I used it.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
I assumed it was consumed on use, since its cheaper than the RPG's. I think they also said it would only work during the event, so that would lead one to assume that its consumed. But really, adding in an item that you can activate every day and wait off a 5min debuff, for 500 credits, is broken as gently caress, and I can totally see Red5 accidentally implementing that.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
It's consumed on use. You're instantly paid 500 CR and given a random side effect that's temporary. Effects I've seen so far is a shrunken head and enlarged body. Neat thing about the large body is that you run much faster due to the longer legs. You can only use one per 24 hours so you'll want to do it as soon as you get it.

Tested more with the RPG and it doesn't seem to trigger the poison perk. :(

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Inimicul posted:

Tested more with the RPG and it doesn't seem to trigger the poison perk. :(
drat, and the alt fire's projectile is too slow to even bother making potshots at players in PVP. Its a fun weapon more than a productive one, a toy... That explodes. Yeah I can dig it.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

JonusRockweller posted:

drat, and the alt fire's projectile is too slow to even bother making potshots at players in PVP. Its a fun weapon more than a productive one, a toy... That explodes. Yeah I can dig it.

Hell, the only reason I want one, is so I've got a blue offhand I can shove mods into for more power rating.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

The rpg was loving me up in pvp last night. I must get one or three.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yeah, if you can keep someone in the reticle to maintain lock, it'll pull some fantastic curves to hit things.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I really don't like the idea of homing projectiles in PVP.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
It's basicly the same gun that Big Brother uses except that he fires four seekers in a burst but we only get to fire one. Nobody's calling to nerf Big Brother because he's interesting but not overpowered as long as theres even the slightest hint of cover around to get behind at the last second.

If someone's targeting you with it in PVP, do you get the red rings and beeps like when BB targets you?

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!
Has anyone found a way to disable the self revive option? My new mouse has a hair trigger, and I've already done it a few times.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Reicere posted:

Has anyone found a way to disable the self revive option? My new mouse has a hair trigger, and I've already done it a few times.

A couple patches ago they put in a timer before it was active but it's short like a couple seconds or so. For the super paranoid, I'd suggest rebinding the melee key to something other than G and then rebinding the mouse to the new button.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

If someone's targeting you with it in PVP, do you get the red rings and beeps like when BB targets you?

Yes, but even if you run and duck behind cover you are at a disadvantage because in pvp in bp, the best defense is a good offense. Forcing your opponent to run while a slow moving homing missile follows them puts you at a distinct advantage.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Inimicul posted:

A couple patches ago they put in a timer before it was active but it's short like a couple seconds or so. For the super paranoid, I'd suggest rebinding the melee key to something other than G and then rebinding the mouse to the new button.

I was under the impression that the revive function in hacked directly onto the melee function, so no amount of rebinding can separate them.

Edit: although, I guess I don't need melee on the mouse at all.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
The RPG is definitely a huge pain in PVP. We tried to play some today and it was just a constant stream of getting sniped and then getting RPGd.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

My biggest gripe with that damned RPG is that it targets you even in stealth or when you are otherwise not on SIN. Never mind that an auto-tracking launcher sort of goes against design of other weapons. Much like that strangely included Spiny Core or whatever it is called sort of operates on magical principles.

The RPG is especially horrifying in the hands of a good sniper or even a dread, or worse when there is a pair of enemies, with one constantly locking on to you, giving the other a bright shiny red target to shoot at.

Souperior was making a pest of himself (as always) tonight, using his Nighthawk and the launcher in tandem.
Lock on with the launcher, and white the red rings of 'shoot here' are still glued to you, snipe the bastard! Especially frustrating since it ignores stealth as mentioned.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

DarkDobe posted:

Much like that strangely included Spiny Core or whatever it is called sort of operates on magical principles.
Pretty much everything in Firefall operates on magical principles. That aside, the spiny core isn't the only damage reflection in the game: mirror armor is an unlockable crafting recipe for Dread.

• Locked thread