Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
*taps on each post with my left index finger while slowly scrolling down and shouting "cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck..."*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

Shinjobi posted:

I am enjoying this because it never ends. Just when you think some people are done fighting over this, there's some new fuel to add to the fire. It never ends, and I'm genuinely curious just how far down this rabbit hole is gonna wind up going.

Gaming journalism is a joke, this "dev" and Fish are jokes, and 4chan is dumb as hell. But it makes for some great entertainment.:jerky:

Somebody mentioned Phil Fish is in Indie Game the Movie and it wasn't half bad, I bought super meat boy because of it. The Team Meat devs seem totally normal by developer standards. Phil Fish is of course a total prick and it is funny to watch his meltdown, plus the journalists vs actual gamers opinions of Fez come out in the movie and the only thing you hear about Fez is how great it is, laughable. The guy who made Braid is a bit artsy fartsy weird but that's most Goons described right there, he gets upset most people don't 'get' his game and just play it because it's a game. I'm sure he cries into the piles of money he made off of it every night to get to sleep.

That's the best thing I've taken out of this thread.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

do you also condemn the Crucification of people like max temkin or that webcomic guy who were also accused of being rapists

because you know

quinn actually has admitted to repeatedly loving her boyfriend without his consent

Who's the webcomic guy? Checking up on this Max Temkin thing, and I dunno. A 10 year old event, only accusing him now? Why not 10 years ago? Why not 9 years ago? Or even 5 years ago? IDGI? It's rather impossible to follow up on it now isn't it? Though from what I can gather Max handled it pretty well. "No, I didn't rape her, and no, I don't really feel like suing her for libel either"

I don't think the Temkin thing is nearly as much of a poo poo show as this Burger and Fries thing. But mostly because I didn't see an 80 page GBS thread on it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

checking in about a day later to see if phil fish has killed himself yet and if not why not

EDIT: how about now

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The General posted:

Who's the webcomic guy?

Not sure, some guy who sent dick pics to women he was dating and got exposed. For a while people were acting like he'd been doing it to his colleagues and sexually harassing them. I think he's the one who draws the comic where it's the Justice League characters as little kids.

quote:

Checking up on this Max Temkin thing, and I dunno. A 10 year old event, only accusing him now? Why not 10 years ago? Why not 9 years ago? Or even 5 years ago? IDGI? It's rather impossible to follow up on it now isn't it? Though from what I can gather Max handled it pretty well. "No, I didn't rape her, and no, I don't really feel like suing her for libel either"

I don't think the Temkin thing is nearly as much of a poo poo show as this Burger and Fries thing. But mostly because I didn't see an 80 page GBS thread on it.

Temkin is now permanently associated with rape which is pretty lol

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
It just occurred to me that the game for which Zoe's been accused of sleeping with journalists for good reviews is free of charge

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

Not sure, some guy who sent dick pics to women he was dating and got exposed. For a while people were acting like he'd been doing it to his colleagues and sexually harassing them. I think he's the one who draws the comic where it's the Justice League characters as little kids.

Who doesn't send dick pics to their SO?

Somehow I don't think being associated with rape will harm the sales of Cards. And since he didn't make a big show of it, and his accuser didn't continue to make a big show out of it, I figure it wont take too long for most people to forget.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

What did Bobby do now

had/has good opinions on video games

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The General posted:

Who doesn't send dick pics to their SO?

Somehow I don't think being associated with rape will harm the sales of Cards. And since he didn't make a big show of it, and his accuser didn't continue to make a big show out of it, I figure it wont take too long for most people to forget.

Apparently it was not only to his SO. Anyways it raised controversy and thus they are coming to shutdown his Justice Leaguge comic (That they were tolerating so far) since they are afraid of bad pub

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

lol i bet she passed on ben kuchera

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
And that is why, no matter how much they might convince themselves that they’re in the right, their bile is only convincing outsiders that they are nothing more than a bunch of haters who are scared of sharing their toys with the girls.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

AHH FUGH posted:

And that is why, no matter how much they might convince themselves that they’re in the right, their bile is only convincing outsiders that they are nothing more than a bunch of haters who are scared of sharing their toys with the girls.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Brannock posted:

/co/ will be very angry

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Lightanchor posted:

It just occurred to me that the game for which Zoe's been accused of sleeping with journalists for good reviews is free of charge

True, except she does collect money from her Patreon account ($2361.50 to date) for doing these projects. Plus the game was only released for free to honor Robin Williams... and because it's rating on steam was like 1/10.

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
anyone say "i'm gay" yet?

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Rad Tad posted:

I once read an article like years ago on Kotaku written by Kuchera about the hot lead designer of the original assassin's creed. The whole thing was a really embarrasing rant about how she apparently friendzoned/snubbed him, at the end he deplored her lack of respect.

I must have been like ten when i first read it, even then I thought it must was just really disgraceful. Later i found out he was married at the time

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rad Tad posted:

Passed on or pissed on?

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

DORITOS

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Why can't a find a big version of the Jade Raymond comic?

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
i'm ashamed to play video games and be associated as a gamer because of the internet

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

i bet kuchera has to look at pix of homeless people and cry before he can get hard or he just presses the soles of shoes on his face or something

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ben Kuchera is a self-absorbed idiot.

Also that suicidegirls thing- I thought he was married?

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Mash posted:

i'm ashamed to play video games and be associated as a gamer because of the internet
even the "progressive" SJ gamer goons are loving retarded shut-ins, just look at the Star Citizen thread in Games for that. When all of someone's life is devoted to an unhealthy addiction to toys, there's a problem.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

rizuhbull posted:

A lot of the outrage and interest comes from how blatant it is. The 'journalists' openly give Zoe money every month. Lots of them. Which is really hosed up. Sure people can say "oh it's just video games" but no poo poo everything is relative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo

you posted a twenty-five minute internet video by a dude named "InternetAristocrat." gently caress you.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Filippo Corridoni posted:

even the "progressive" SJ gamer goons are loving retarded shut-ins, just look at the Star Citizen thread in Games for that. When all of someone's life is devoted to an unhealthy addiction to toys, there's a problem.

Is it too much to just enjoy playing video games anymore?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Simstim posted:

haha she likes it bareback

lol if u dont

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

you posted a twenty-five minute internet video by a dude named "InternetAristocrat." gently caress you.

literally all of his videos es are good

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I bought a PS3 several years ago and was considering a PS4 eventually this "cuckquest" has convinced to never spend another dollar on videos games, period. Sorry Sony and Microsoft.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Paladinus posted:

4chan gave two thousand dollars to some charity event, where women are invited to pitch ideas for games, and whichever game wins in a vote will be developed with crowdfunding money, while all proceedings will go to charities and something like 8% for the idea ladies. Some people are mad because women aren't paid enough for their ideas. And also there is a very similar event that Zoe is behind. That's what I've heard.

The Game Jam she is pulling has no set date, rules or anything whatsoever but she is still happy getting money out it from pussywhipped tumblrites afaik

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

this whole thing is getting old but i can appreciate all these games journalists and devs realising they are catering to an audience they hate lol they get to spend the rest of their careers knowing that

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Shadoer posted:

True, except she does collect money from her Patreon account ($2361.50 to date) for doing these projects. Plus the game was only released for free to honor Robin Williams... and because it's rating on steam was like 1/10.

And a good bit of game "journalists" are donating to her and or promoting it on twatter.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

also because i am heavily invested in this whole war on terror i went to donate some cash to zoey's game jam to make sure more options are crossed out in depression quest 2 and the link takes you to her personal paypal lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nebelwerfer posted:

The Game Jam she is pulling has no set date, rules or anything whatsoever but she is still happy getting money out it from pussywhipped tumblrites afaik

Yeah and it donates right to her personal paypal account.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah and it donates right to her personal paypal account.

Hahaha what the gently caress

e: poo poo scrolling through all that poo poo I learned she has Patron up too for free money

wish I had a vagina :smith:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nebelwerfer posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress

e: poo poo scrolling through all that poo poo I learned she has Patron up too for free money

wish I had a vagina :smith:

You can pretend to be a trans-woman. I remember an artsy game on newgrounds on that topic that have won a bunch of indie awards.

Fake edit: Here it is. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591565

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Paladinus posted:

You can pretend to be a trans-woman. I remember an artsy game on newgrounds on that topic that have won a bunch of indie awards.

im at the waiting room right now

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Paladinus posted:

Dysphoria or something right? Horrible game that conveys a bunch of horrible messages.

Also google pictures of the author and you'll understand why he couldn't fit in women's clothing

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Gas.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Press 'down' to have the dev game artist lecture you.

Sure is some game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Falsum posted:

Also google pictures of the author and you'll understand why he couldn't fit in women's clothing

Wow. I. I didn't know. How did they even manage to get a girlfriend?

• Locked thread