Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Trogdos! posted:

As someone who has (had) no SMGs, wow. This was a good deal :v:
Yes, you get one golden varient of an SMG for each empire. VS is the eridani, NC is the cyclone and the TR is the armistice. I've been using them all and they are amazing guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Damnit Higby don't you know that some of your most adoring fans work non-traditional schedules and can't be up until 3am on the weekends :argh:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Hi, Space Romney here, enjoy your free campaign gifts and remember to vote Tory for Dictator of Scotland!

quote:

7ZKZ-44XM-MCTP-93Z9-RANZ
E76P-N7N6-9AG3-EJZF-EHKT
2E6Z-A7PC-3HJT-K9GK-TEF4
KMMH-HHZP-MMP2-DX4H-9JPK
TDKC-A2XT-J3NH-FRHG-ZTH3

These are some older 50% xp codes from people who I smuggled gold SMG's to before it was purchasable in the US, don't know which work but I'm pretty sure most do!

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 23, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

A Tartan Tory posted:

Hi, Space Romney here, enjoy your free campaign gifts and remember to vote Tory for Dictator of Scotland!

These are some older 50% xp codes from people who I smuggled gold SMG's to before it was purchasable in the US, don't know which work but I'm pretty sure most do!

3 of them are left,

quote:

All features granted by the Activation Code you entered have already been granted to this account.
:(

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Klowns posted:

For those that missed it last time the Starter Kit is on sale again, currently $8.49 worth it for for the 1k SC.
    *Golden SMG
    *7 day booster
    *3 day booster code for a friend (I'll be your friend)
    *1000 Station Cash

Asking again: has anybody tried buying multiples of these and using them all on the same account? Since, even ignoring the SMGs, it's still a much better deal than buying SC.

ed: Oh derp, I guess the post above me implies it's a "no". If the friend code is limited to once per account, then the main code probably is as well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Westy543 posted:

At this point my PS2 hoodie is more exclusive than the SOE Live camo. :v:

Woah hey, I have a PS2 hoodie too there bud. And a VS mousepad which owns.

Also, the dollar sign camo looks so swag on the sunderer. :allears:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Main code also blocks using the friend code. They really want you to give to code to a friend instead of yourself :) So here's a humanitarian aid convoy from communist Northern Europe to poor Americans. No need to vote for Space Lenin, your vote has already been counted :ussr:

P7ZK-72AJ-3R9H-97PR-KEJR
JKJJ-2FMP-K9CR-AR33-4F7C

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

Asking again: has anybody tried buying multiples of these and using them all on the same account? Since, even ignoring the SMGs, it's still a much better deal than buying SC.

ed: Oh derp, I guess the post above me implies it's a "no". If the friend code is limited to once per account, then the main code probably is as well.

I have done multiple times before, but this 'cant use the friend code' thing is new, so no idea.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Klowns posted:

For those that missed it last time the Starter Kit is on sale again, currently $8.49 worth it for for the 1k SC.
    *Golden SMG
    *7 day booster
    *3 day booster code for a friend (I'll be your friend)
    *1000 Station Cash

Just a heads up, Gamesrocket are paranoid crazies that ask you for photo ID verification when making a purchase. Just had to email them to reverse my order because gently caress that.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Bloody Pom posted:

Just a heads up, Gamesrocket are paranoid crazies that ask you for photo ID verification when making a purchase. Just had to email them to reverse my order because gently caress that.

My friend used paypal and didn't get anything like that. Maybe it depends on the payment option you choose?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

I live in the US and they didn't do this to me when I ordered from them.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
Gamesrocket wanted my phone number so a computer could call me for verification. I don't know why they wanted your ID.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

Gamesrocket wanted my phone number so a computer could call me for verification. I don't know why they wanted your ID.

I paid using the card I had tied to my Paypal account. They've basically taken my money and refused to give me the code in return. I live in NZ.

Edit: Seems like I'm not the only person having similar problems with them recently. I raised a dispute within Paypal because I don't trust them to respond to to my email. And oh look, how convenient, their support team doesn't respond on weekends. gently caress them.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 23, 2014

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Do they still do spacebux sales? How often do they happen?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

fknlo posted:

Discounts on SC hasn't happened in a long time and is basically a thing of the past (the last one I can think of happened over a year ago). I think the :10bux: Gamestop cards have 1500 SC, but that's just about it.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Here's another welfare code for the pile:

quote:

9CDZ-H9KM-KCG7-JXKK-7GK6

You're welcome.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 23, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

What are these codes for? I got an 'everything this code gives you has been granted to your account already' message.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Keeshhound posted:

Here's another welfare code for the pile:

Thanks!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Fart Car '97 posted:

What are these codes for? I got an 'everything this code gives you has been granted to your account already' message.

3 day xp boost that's one per account for some reason

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

fknlo posted:

They do % off sales, just recently they did $10 for 1500SC at Gamestop. There was also $12 for 1200SC at Target in June and July. I wouldn't count on them because a SC sale means a company wide sale. The PS2 team counteracts this by putting stuff as super cheap from time to time (there was a sale back in spring where all the new weapons like coyote missiles and the new infil guns were 65% off :eyepop: ), so you can wait for a category or daily sale if you're cruising for a bargain to maximize your spending. Accounting wasn't a fan of people stockpiling serval dozens or even hundreds worth of SC, I guess. :v:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Vandal is a whole ton of fun to use but gently caress me am I bad with it

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Fart Car '97 posted:

The Vandal is a whole ton of fun to use but gently caress me am I bad with it

Same. I trialled it earlier this morning before buying it, it felt like a less-powerful, more accurate NS-15m or NS-11P, which are two of my favorite guns. While I was able to land a lot of hits and get tons of assists, I rarely got any kills from it... As someone in Mumble helpfully suggested, I should probably "get good" and go for headshots. One advantage of it being an NS weapon I bought with SC, when (if :smith:) I get used to it I can be a spawn room shitter with it on any faction.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

I am finding the same exact results. Trying lots of different sights, not sure which works best for me.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I've honestly had a lot of fun using the Vandal up close as a shotgun. No joke, run up and spam the trigger at someone and you'll get kills. Take the sights off and use it in close-range fights and don't hesitate to shove the barrel in their face.

I think the reflex sights on it are even sort of bugged, the tracer doesn't go in the right direction.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Considering that pack isn't supposed to be sold in the US, I'm not surprised you guys are having trouble with gamesrocket!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

A Tartan Tory posted:

Considering that pack isn't supposed to be sold in the US, I'm not surprised you guys are having trouble with gamesrocket!

This will not stand someone tell bush and we will go to war with what ever country that dares to deny amerikkka.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Gonkish posted:

I just want a golden beamer and maybe some of the SOE Live swag that I'm not entitled to at all, because I am a giant selfish baby. Higby pls.

*puts in NC and TR dog tags from SOE live and clanks them together* welp cya

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I still have my VS dogtag from last year or so on my keychain.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't see anything identifying the mouse pad, but they were selling Planetside mousepads for $10 apiece at SOE Live and it is honestly the best mousepad I've ever used.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

BobMcFartsens posted:

I am finding the same exact results. Trying lots of different sights, not sure which works best for me.

Gave it another go and am doing much better with it. It's hugely dependent on ping (I was pinging 150 and shots that had no business missing were just not connecting), once I got that fixed up I started killing a lot more people with it. The bullets drop a lot more than you'd expect, which results in a lot of leg-shots at range until you adjust. Mainly it's much much better in the 3-shot range than it is in the 4 shot range, so keeping engagements at ~15 meters goes a long way towards it being really good. I haven't used anything more powerful than the 2x red dot on it, but I'm mainly running the 1x red dot.

E: Holy poo poo is the 1x red dot sight messed up on this gun. I tried to shoot a C4 about 5 meters away on the ground in front of me and my bullet landed a noticeable distance below it.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 23, 2014

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Pand posted:

It's pretty much the best deal. Also did they snuck in a range limit for the lancer or am I imagine things ?

I've noticed over at least the last week that it seems like my lancer is not hitting out as far as it used to. My aim might just be poo poo though.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

A Tartan Tory posted:

I have done multiple times before, but this 'cant use the friend code' thing is new, so no idea.

I've found a reddit comment claiming that the "features already granted" thing will stop you from getting SMGs or boosts, but the 1000SC (and nothing else) will still work.

Since Gamesrocket does the $1 = 1€ thing, it's actually more expensive than buying directly from the shop (they'd charge 10€ rather than SOE's 9€), but with the sale you'd save 2€ per purchase.

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons
Another freebie 3-day XP boost code for someone:
zz72-mkdz-267-2p26n-cekz

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Buddytime 3-day XP boost:
R6E3-2PMZ-M9CA-DG27-FZ4F

Be a pal and note if/when you take this.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Alkydere posted:

Buddytime 3-day XP boost:
R6E3-2PMZ-M9CA-DG27-FZ4F

Be a pal and note if/when you take this.

Got it. I think.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Vandal is best used for flanking, headshots, and ambushes. You want to lure enemies into a small area, EMP them, and then start pooping on skulls.
After an EMP nade, its a one-shot kill to the head at any range, so if you throw an EMP into a group of 6 nearly stationary enemies and then click on heads, like I did the other say after buying it.. You come to understand its value quickly.
Putting down 6 people with 7-8 shots in a matter of 2-3 seconds feels incredibly MLG

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VfOuJ93sIog

Fake but pretty much everyone who says mechanical keyboard, tell me about mechanical keyboards and fedoras.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Oh look, its another Giggily video

VideoGameReference
Jun 18, 2013

Arghy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VfOuJ93sIog

Fake but pretty much everyone who says mechanical keyboard, tell me about mechanical keyboards and fedoras.

Mechanical keyboards are cool and if you find one in a store you're going to get this big dumb look on your face and hit the keys because they feel really cool and clicky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

They sound awesome too. Razer ones at SOE Live were really loving loud but they sounded neat.

So I just bought the Vandal for 262SC somehow, which is 63% off. I'm not entirely sure how I did that. Is it on greater than 50% sale I wonder?

Edit: Holy poo poo they buffed membership to a permanent 25% off discount.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 24, 2014

• Locked thread