Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hey Karmine! You never actually answered my question about baby-friendly wrestling books!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hey Karmine! You never actually answered my question about baby-friendly wrestling books!

Karmine never answers anyone's questions.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bryan constantly telling Dave that Eva Marie needs her title match is hilarious on WO.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Today's Austin Unleashed Foley Pt. 2 is loving hilarious & interesting.

edit - they have a big discussion about Ziggler and his problems with getting over. Very good listen.

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 21, 2014

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Today's Austin Unleashed Foley Pt. 2 is loving hilarious.

Both parts of the Foley shows are pro listens. I'm so very glad they waited to do it in person, because to have those stories lost to Skype bullshit would be criminal.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh my God, Mick's story about accidentally texting Vince is loving brilliant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rodney the Piper posted:

I'd at least put the MLW one your feed but set it to not automatically download so you can at least prompt yourself to listen to it.

I don't know what a feed is but I will track down the website and download the Talkin' Shops I haven't heard yet v:shobon:v

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know what a feed is but I will track down the website and download the Talkin' Shops I haven't heard yet v:shobon:v

mlwradio.libsyn.com is the direct link to their host's website.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I can add my vote for Talkin' Shop as the best non-Austin podcast. I just downloaded 6 or 7 today after reading this thread and I've blown through all of them. It's great stuff.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm a huge NJPW fan and the Hooligans are my favorite tag team but I've only listened to episode one. Need to check more out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Episode 2 is premium only but I grabbed the rest, looking forward to getting caught up.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hoot-ski

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man, the section where they're telling funny stories and Foley is laughing so much he can barely talk was amazing.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

edit - they have a big discussion about Ziggler and his problems with getting over. Very good listen.

Ziggler is over, despite WWE's best efforts to kill his heat. His problem is with being stuck in midcard hell.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Wrestling With Marks-ism - Episode 12 "Explaining A Bra & Panties Match"

The TNA of podcasts returns for the fourth straight week! Special guest, scientist, cousin, and fan-for-one-year-of-the-Attitude-Era, SwissActionHero, returns again to help Zarikov and I run down SummerSlam and Raw along with the normal bullshitting only IRL peeps care about. It was late and I'm on the tail end of a cough, but we weathered the storm because it isn't every day that Cena gets suplexed to death. I'm toying with the idea of trying to do a game of Wrestling Jeopardy. That would probably require that everyone show up though.

For a weird time, google image search "bra and panties match"

RSS Feed
Show Twitter (Questions welcome)
ExplodeYourself
Zarikov
Demons, brother

ExplodeYourself fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 22, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Looks like Bryan and Dave just did nearly two hours with Austin. Awesome.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

Looks like Bryan and Dave just did nearly two hours with Austin. Awesome.

It wasn't erased thanks to Skype bullshit?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Dreamsicle posted:

It wasn't erased thanks to Skype bullshit?

Bryan recorded this one for the F4W site. It's behind the subscription wall.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

The latest Powerbombcast is up and free for everyone this time, over here.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

If im looking for a podcast thats more stories about the "boys in the back" and road stories, whats a good choice? I've been digging Cabana's cast, and dont care for reviews of shows.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

super macho dude posted:

If im looking for a podcast thats more stories about the "boys in the back" and road stories, whats a good choice? I've been digging Cabana's cast, and dont care for reviews of shows.

I assume you're already listening to Talk'n Shop on MLW?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Memento posted:

I assume you're already listening to Talk'n Shop on MLW?

No, but looking it over it sounds great.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

super macho dude posted:

No, but looking it over it sounds great.

Honestly the worst part about it is that they've been told to keep it to around half an hour per episode. I can understand not wanting to go with a Pisscast-type length, but an hour would be great. Let them get a few more beers into themselves.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

super macho dude posted:

Cornettes podcast on MLW is pretty good for this if he's got one of his old school wrestler buddies on

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

super macho dude posted:

Jim Cornette if he's got a wrestler on his show. There's a good half an hour of "hey, remember when Jim Herd..." on his interview with Kevin Sullivan. You'd think he'd be a domineering ranting interviewer like JR but he lets people tell stories and tries to keep them on track.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 23, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Podcast One shows are good for road stories if the host is really friends with the guest.
Austin: DDP, Foley, JR
Jericho: Christian, Edge

Any podcast with AJ Styles will have a funny TNA story.

e: Konnan shows with other wrestlers will have stories but the shows are pretty unfocused.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Jim Cornette's drive thru is also good for stories about the boys. It's his weekly mail bag show though so it's behind the MLW paywall.

There's another MLW extra with wrestling historian Matt Farmer. I really wish it was with Cornette or someone like Meltzer instead of Court.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
The one good JR episode where he shuts the gently caress up is Cornette.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Colt Cabana's most recent live podcast involves a discussion with a Scottish wrestler about his BDSM fetish :stare:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Swan Curry posted:

Colt Cabana's most recent live podcast involves a discussion with a Scottish wrestler about his BDSM fetish :stare:

The wife of the owner of ICW is a part time wrestler and a part time domme. It doesn't surprise me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's behind the subscription wall.

Which just makes the fact Austin lost the free one even worse :mad:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

mariooncrack posted:

Jim Cornette's drive thru is also good for stories about the boys. It's his weekly mail bag show though so it's behind the MLW paywall.

Yeah, a lot of time he uses the emails as jumping off points for funny stories about the subject. He tries to answer everything, if you send him a question even if he doesn't read it on air you've got a pretty good chance of him emailing you back with the answer. It's worth the 15 dollars a year just for his mailbag.

also the latest edition of the podcast contains both an Ian Rotten's shoot job at Taco Bell joke and a Stan Lane's hair joke

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 23, 2014

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
This week's Talk'n Shop features Adam Cole, Scott D'Amore, and a special phone interview with Alastair "A-1" Ralphs

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Bhester posted:

This week's Talk'n Shop features Adam Cole, Scott D'Amore, and a special phone interview with Alastair "A-1" Ralphs

and holy sweet gently caress are all of them loving litski

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rex Before E Episode 5: Inches Gained By Forfeit
In this episode, we discuss WCW New Blood Rising, WWE No Way Out 2012, and answer Twitter questions. Also BlueArmyMan117 is here!

I Before E
Rex
Blue

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I also really like Jim Cornette's podcast. I know a lot of people have feelings about his booking being too old school, but he doesn't constantly rant about how the product today sucks and is actually really happy to be talking with people. Plus he's a drat funny guy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Swan Curry posted:

Yup, it's pretty well-known in the Scottish indie scene at least that Jack Jester is super into BDSM. From the guys I've spoke to, it's a bit of an elephant in the room, where no-one really brooches it with him, because he's REALLY enthusiastic about extolling it.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I can just imagine vince going "Well this guy is a bottom not a top, how could people ever believe him as champion!"

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

The hardest part of listening to a bunch of Talkin' Shop eps in a row is you have to make a conscious effort to avoid talking like them. Reminds me of listening to the Ricky Gervais podcast years ago where after listening to it for a while I would always want to talk like a Brit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Does anyone have an audio clip of the Terry Funk Satchel rear end promo? Or know which BNV show plays the entirety of the promo?

• Locked thread