Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ace944 posted:

Mine work great, the only problem I had was the sound would crackle with loud noises but rolling back to an older version of their gaming driver fixed the problem.

That's great. I was thinking I would have to roll with digital but maybe that isn't necessary these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Narciss posted:

(Not my pic) Try to guess which suburb of St. Louis I live near...

Did you stock up on ammo after Newtown just in case obama took your gun rights?

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Cuniculous posted:

Logitech G930. I'm pretty happy with it so far. The sound is really good, and it isn't as heavy as I was expecting it to be.

I like mine ok, but sometimes they won't turn off no matter what I do. Maybe I need to do the toothpick reset thing.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

David Copperfield posted:

Did you stock up on ammo after Newtown just in case obama took your gun rights?

I have a feeling that this is the lead-up to some sort of "Gotcha" question or troll, but yes I did.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Narciss posted:

I have a feeling that this is the lead-up to some sort of "Gotcha" question or troll, but yes I did.

Is it boresighted and zeroed?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Narciss posted:

Join my facebook group, so we can coordinate strategies for overthrowing the government when they get out of hand, or to kill liberals, muslims, gays, feminists, and minorities. Whichever one comes first.

jk, have fun with your new toy.

I finally found one of my favorite books of my childhood. Randomly spotted it in a used book store. Ordered the rest of the authors books on Amazon.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

ChocNitty posted:

I finally found one of my favorite books of my childhood. Randomly spotted it in a used book store. Ordered the rest of the authors books on Amazon.

H-O-L-Y poo poo.

This is one of those things I'd forgotten about until seeing your post. One of the books that read as a kid made me care for or understand engineering.

Either way, if you have children, have them read this. Such a good book.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I am an adult and I just spent an obscene amount of money on swords.

First, I got this, to replace one that I recently broke: An overpriced British :britain: Leon Paul FIE "SR-71" (worst blade name ever IMHO). All the other parts of the weapon (bellguard, handle, wiring) will be German, though, because :hitler:.

Also, just for fun, I got a "cheap" (relatively speaking) sabre kit. They don't let you go go into the beginner tournaments once you get to a certain rank, but a loophole to that rule is that it only applies when you are competing in the same weapon where you earned your ranking. My plan is to fence a different weapon to get into a bunch of beginner tournaments in the area I would otherwise not be allowed to enter. I've never competed in sabre, so I'll either learn a thing or two while getting my rear end handed to me or I'll make some coach cry by beating his fencers while I do everything wrong.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
What are those cables beside the mask for?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Part of the electronic system that signals a hit

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

ScratchAndSniff posted:

I am an adult and I just spent an obscene amount of money on swords.

First, I got this, to replace one that I recently broke: An overpriced British :britain: Leon Paul FIE "SR-71" (worst blade name ever IMHO). All the other parts of the weapon (bellguard, handle, wiring) will be German, though, because :hitler:.

Also, just for fun, I got a "cheap" (relatively speaking) sabre kit. They don't let you go go into the beginner tournaments once you get to a certain rank, but a loophole to that rule is that it only applies when you are competing in the same weapon where you earned your ranking. My plan is to fence a different weapon to get into a bunch of beginner tournaments in the area I would otherwise not be allowed to enter. I've never competed in sabre, so I'll either learn a thing or two while getting my rear end handed to me or I'll make some coach cry by beating his fencers while I do everything wrong.

Man, sabre is the most fun. You wanna make coaches cry? Fence it like a foil, and go for tip thrusts. Most standard sabre fencers don't play the tip as a part of their game; I trained under a nationals champ for a little while and that was basically the only chance I had against him but it drove him mad every time.

Alternately, parry five during an advance and then follow it into a head hit. It's cheap, but in lower ranks it works like goddamn magic.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Narciss posted:

m855 tastes great. try it tonight you grotesque piece of poo poo

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

JointHorse posted:

Funny you should say that, because one of the selling points for these sockets is that they can still grab & turn rounded off bolts :v:

Yeah, once it's rounded off you take a hammer and pound on the next smallest size. Only thing 12-pts are good for.

HighClassSwankyTime
Jan 16, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

This image brings back a lot of good memories.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

ChocNitty posted:

Holy gently caress all of these books my childhood ahhh

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

mcbexx posted:

My crappy old backpack that I had for well over 20 years now felt more and more uncomfortable and had some wear and tear.
So I got a new one and it arrived today.

Case Logic Griffith Park in grey

didn't want to get one of these?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtzN_ScKXY

I'm actually in need of a new backpack for university. I have a retarded amount of things to carry.

Any recommendations?

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

FredLordofCheese posted:

Bike tech has changed pretty significantly in the last 15 years, you might be surprised at what you can do now! Plus every time you go up the hill you get a little better.

I started biking 2 miles to work last year and it would take 15+ minutes, now I can do my 6 mile commute in just over 18 minutes. I also lost more than 2 inches on my waist and fit into a bunch of pants I thought were gone forever.

Content:
Got my fiancee a Nomiku sous vide machine at the beginning of the month. I need to bike more to work off all the delicious food I have been eating.

We just had 24 hour slow cooked pork shoulder yesterday and it was jaw droppingly good. We made 10 lbs and shared with friends.
http://www.nomiku.com/

I have a friend that works for them, that might actually be her hand. She always posts crazy things that they make at the hq like ice cream and pasteurized beef tartar.

I've yet to pull the trigger on one myself, but I hope you're enjoying it!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I have two PS360s and have been really happy with them so far. Too bad about the PS4 compatibility though.

The ChronusMax should solve your issue for around $50. We picked one up so my brother could use his accessible 360 controller with the xbone.

obi_ant posted:

Should I buy a Brita water pitcher or should I buy a Pur 2-Stage pitcher?

Are you filtering water for anyone other than yourself? I bought a Brits squeeze water bottle and have been pretty happy. I'd swap it for a hard bottle if I had the chance though.

My experience with Pur products has been less than satisfactory, usually resulting in a poor fit (faucet attachment) or broken within weeks (faucet attachment and pitcher)

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ChocNitty posted:

My favorite page is the T-34, where the gunner is cross-sectioned with the turret.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Narciss posted:

Did you get any hollow points? I hear those people need something with a lot of stopping power to be put down effectively.

EDIT: Looking at your rap sheet it seems you're a terrible troll and straight up racist. Suck cocks in hell you pathetic, tiny person.

Crain has a new favorite as of 18:00 on Aug 23, 2014

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Crain posted:

Did you get any hollow points? I hear those people need something with a lot of stopping power to be put down effectively.

EDIT: Looking at your rap sheet it seems you're a terrible troll and straight up racist. Suck cocks in hell you pathetic, tiny person.
please no rap sheet shaming

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I just assumed he bought that rifle to shoot at the cops :shrug:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

ChocNitty posted:

Still have my copy! Bonus points for finding the people (where available) going to the toilet on each page.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

goons posted:

Incredible Cross-Section memories
Welp, looks like I'm gonna be buying some Stephen Biesty books on pay day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jgrrr posted:

The ChronusMax should solve your issue for around $50. We picked one up so my brother could use his accessible 360 controller with the xbone.

They're banned from pretty much every tournament because of the macro function, and I've had more than one friend burn out a USB port from using it. Not for me.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

They're banned from pretty much every tournament because of the macro function, and I've had more than one friend burn out a USB port from using it. Not for me.

Relevant link:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/cronus-adapter-banned-from-all-big-e-gaming-events.40538/

There was a pretty big blowup among the FGC about it. Frankly there are no good next gen fighters yet (oh snap, KI opinions exposed) and there won't be hypothetically until Guilty Gear XRD is released, so my level of concern is not terribly high.

Wheres Wallace
May 5, 2009

:) keep on keepin' on :)
Oakley Custom Racing Jacket, positive red iridium lenses, $205 in store.

Pair of Continental Gatorskins, $80+ free shipping on competitivecyclist.com

Both purchases made in advance of an endurance ride on the sunny gulf coast of Texas.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Brockden Brown posted:

Oakley Custom Racing Jacket, positive red iridium lenses, $205 in store.

I have one subjective and one objective complaint about this. Subjectively I think these look like poo poo. Objectively I cannot fathom why you would randomly cut out little bits of your expensive sunglass lenses, thereby making them worse at their one and only job, keeping out the sun. Plus not protecting your eyes from debris as well, and adding weak points to the lens.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

strangemusic posted:

Frankly there are no good next gen fighters yet (oh snap, KI opinions exposed)

Oh snap correct opinions itt

but yeah, I'm probably going to grab a TE2 whenever Xrd comes out, since it looks insanely awesome on PS4 and it's compatible with PS4/PS3/PC. :shrug:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Magic Underwear posted:

I have one subjective and one objective complaint about this. Subjectively I think these look like poo poo. Objectively I cannot fathom why you would randomly cut out little bits of your expensive sunglass lenses, thereby making them worse at their one and only job, keeping out the sun. Plus not protecting your eyes from debris as well, and adding weak points to the lens.

Well the good news on the first one is he's going to be all spandexed up on a road bike so worrying about appearances isn't a big problem.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Magic Underwear posted:

They are actually vents, so the lenses don't fog up.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

Magic Underwear posted:

I've owned mine for two years and use them for mountain biking, road cycling and trail running. The holes haven't allowed any debris in and function well for ventilation to prevent the lens from fogging. I would agree that they are pretty funky looking but at the end of the day they are made for sports and not fashion.

Wheres Wallace
May 5, 2009

:) keep on keepin' on :)

Magic Underwear posted:

The color scheme matches my road bike and most of my riding kits; black and white with red accents. They're actually far more functional than my previous narrow-framed prescription sunglasses, which have all the weaknesses you assumed the Oakley's have. Subjectively and objectively speaking, these Oakleys loving own. :colbert:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I bought a $120 "first aid kit". It turned out to be the size of a paramedic's bag but it came with a lot of cool poo poo so its alright.

Now to learn how to use everything...

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Ouch! Disregard then. It worked for our purposes, wasn't aware of the tourny rules, or the fact that it burnt out ports.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Narciss posted:

Then you got the wrong gun. That ammo is meant for another rifle, just like yours, but the barrel is turned 180 degrees.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Only doge can judge me.

Rotring 600 2mm

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

TenementFunster posted:

please no rap sheet shaming

Your rap sheet is a goddamn work of art, please don't defend someone who has a legit shameful one.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Caffeinated Bacon posted:

That doesn't sound like something someone who is gay for guns would say.

He's gay for Gundams idiot

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Lousy shipping was nearly as much as those two items combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neenski
Apr 22, 2006

Geoj posted:

My favorite page is the T-34, where the gunner is cross-sectioned with the turret.

For years I wondered why that man had a bunch of sausages inside him.