Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Adam Hills offered to send WBC to Iraq and apparently, they accepted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/19/adam-hills-westboro-baptist-church-iraq-robin-williams_n_5692172.html

This week has really been backwards. First 4chan teams up with Tumblr to sponsor games for women, and now this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are lying, as that would end horribly for them.

Really, really horribly for them.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are lying, as that would end horribly for them.

Really, really horribly for them.

I totally want to see them end up in a country without American laws to protect them. :allears:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Segmentation Fault posted:

Not censored because public page. Nothing idiotic, I just wanted to share this post.

Jackie Chan's page is the best

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Above all else, the WBC crew are cowards. Sure, they might fly to Iraq, but do you really think they'd go outside Baghdad or the Iraqi Kurdistan Region? poo poo, they probably wouldn't even set foot outside the airport. More realistically, though, they'll probably just fail to do the various things that a US citizen has to do in order to travel to Iraq, and then shift all the blame. "Oh, of course we intended to go, but..."

Buncha jackasses. Here, I did all the research for them.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Segmentation Fault posted:

Not censored because public page. Nothing idiotic, I just wanted to share this post.

This is directly out of my childhood nightmares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0RFE3QGAU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Excels posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/19/adam-hills-westboro-baptist-church-iraq-robin-williams_n_5692172.html

This week has really been backwards. First 4chan teams up with Tumblr to sponsor games for women, and now this

They ain't going anywhere. Their whole schtick is to get Americans to attack them so they can sue and keep their "church" going.

On the off chance they do head to Iraq they'll be on a military base hidden away from anyone and anything they could piss off.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Crain posted:

On the off chance they do head to Iraq they'll be on a military base hidden away from anyone and anything they could piss off.

I'm pretty sure a military base would be chock full of people pissed off at them given they've had their protests at a bunch of soldier's funerals.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm pretty sure a military base would be chock full of people pissed off at them given they've had their protests at a bunch of soldier's funerals.

And then they could sue. It's literally win win. They're the FYAD of real life, the more mad they make someone the more they win.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

nucleicmaxid posted:

And then they could sue. It's literally win win. They're the FYAD of real life, the more mad they make someone the more they win.

Imagine being one of the assholes chosen to get sent there, though. Taking a haymaker from some random dude on the street who's tired of your poo poo is one thing, getting righteously beat down by a ton of marines is quite another.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Chomp8645 posted:

I meant locked away in a meat locker with the lights out so no one has to see them.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Excels posted:

Can I get a source on that 4chan/Tumblr thing? I deeply want to see this.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sixty-some odd year old cousin who always shares moneybags and all.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

WeeabooJudas posted:

Can I get a source on that 4chan/Tumblr thing? I deeply want to see this.

After the whole quinnspiracy mess, 4chan decided to donate to a game-making project for female developers called The Fine Young Capitalists, since Zoe Quinn had been against it because it excluded pre-op trans women. That's pretty much the whole story, and /v/ donating money to a charity in order to spite Big SJW is incredibly funny to me. Probably the only funny thing to come out of it.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

they also teamed up with tumblr to make their oc waifu character go viral

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KoldPT posted:

After the whole quinnspiracy mess, 4chan decided to donate to a game-making project for female developers called The Fine Young Capitalists, since Zoe Quinn had been against it because it excluded pre-op trans women. That's pretty much the whole story, and /v/ donating money to a charity in order to spite Big SJW is incredibly funny to me. Probably the only funny thing to come out of it.
Christ, that's like, people donating to the dude who murdered Michael Brown levels of dickery.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Stuntman posted:

Christ, that's like, people donating to the dude who murdered Michael Brown levels of dickery.

Either Quinn was mistaken, or TFYC changed their policies, because their site states that pre-op and non-op transwomen can apply (as long as they self-identified as female before March 11, 2014).

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
I hope the WBC goes to Iraq and someone steals their passports and papers so they get stuck there while the government drags its feet replacing them. It's win-win: we don't have to deal with them back home and they're absolutely reliant on the people who's friends' funerals they protested for survival. Even if it happened, they still wouldn't learn anything though. I can't wait for Fred Phelps to finally die so the organization falls apart at the seams, from what I've read about them no one else has what it takes to replace him in the long run.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Fred Phelps died in March.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Inco posted:

Either Quinn was mistaken, or TFYC changed their policies, because their site states that pre-op and non-op transwomen can apply (as long as they self-identified as female before March 11, 2014).

Yes, they changed them a while ago, after the original drama. forgot to mention that in the post.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Re: Big SJW ruining our videogames

http://www.patreon.com/thesarkeesianeffect

karl fungus posted:

Fred Phelps died in March.

If I recall he also left the church well before then after a falling out with the other members.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Staryberry posted:

This is directly out of my childhood nightmares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0RFE3QGAU

Please, no.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I want in. Can somebody repost the original Money Face?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Tetracube posted:

If I recall he also left the church well before then after a falling out with the other members.

Word I heard, was that he realised that gay people are people too, and was seen protesting the WBC itself for hating gays when 'jesus loves everyone'. At which point they excommunicated him, and made some noise online about how he'd gone crazy (this was like last october or so).

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

HellCopter posted:

Be careful, you only have twenty seconds to repost it!

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

SybilVimes posted:

Word I heard, was that he realised that gay people are people too, and was seen protesting the WBC itself for hating gays when 'jesus loves everyone'. At which point they excommunicated him, and made some noise online about how he'd gone crazy (this was like last october or so).

I read that he was excommunicated, but I did not read a reason why. I don't think the church ever confirmed the excommunication. Whatever the case, Phelps was a real piece of poo poo from way back. Read about his disbarment if you haven't.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

HellCopter posted:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm super glad that two brave White Men are speaking out against People Giving a poo poo

I backed them a million dollars

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I don't even know.

AFAIK there is no irony in this post - the people involved are too old for irony or jokes in this way.

E: they are dudes in their 60s.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Tetracube posted:

lmao I don't even care how good or awful Anita Sarkeesian's actual critique of things are at this point, I just loving love all the :qq: she produces from the worst kind of nerds.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The classic mansport of fedoras.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Excels posted:

"Non-official philosopher" should be the name for potheads

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Amused to Death posted:

lmao I don't even care how good or awful Anita Sarkeesian's actual critique of things are at this point, I just loving love all the :qq: she produces from the worst kind of nerds.

It's pretty amazing how loving pissed she makes nerd dudes all because she wants better representation of women in video games. Like I'm not saying there aren't some issues with her videos, there are. But the overall point of "women need to be represented and treated better in video games" is completely true. And it makes nerds FURIOUS.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

KoldPT posted:

Yes, they changed them a while ago, after the original drama. forgot to mention that in the post.

It wasn't changed, that was always their policy.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
"Video games are art and should be treated like it!" :argh:

"Stop critiquing video games you SJW!" :argh:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Excels posted:

"He's one of my fedoras"?

e: also, that's a trilby, not a fedora.
:goonsay:

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
I posted money face and some people on FB reposted it in a serious manner. I'm not sure who the idiot is.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Aw man, all I got was "that face will haunt my nightmares". Literally the only time I wish I was friends with more idiots.

Telemarchitect
Oct 1, 2009

TOUCH THE KNOB

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Somebody call a doctor; this man has swallowed a thesaurus.

• Locked thread