Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

This is an attempt to clone LSD (the game or the drug or both) isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Japanese Phone Box posted:

This is an attempt to clone LSD (the game or the drug or both) isn't it.

I dunno I linked that one completely by accident. I'm not even sure I ever saw it :confused:

The playlist switched to that one before I grabbed the link of the vid I actually wanted to link that refers to a terible game on steam.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm enjoying Patrick Klepek's continued "Last words I'll say on the topic."

Same as how Zoe's tumblr post was her last time addressing the topic.

Guys (Just guys, no girls please)... I think they want attention?

vvv

Literally broke the game within the first 5 seconds of playing.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 24, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Best Friends posted:

someone who cheated on her boyfriend (OMGG!!! THE WORST CRIME EVER)

would it interest you to know that she meticulously explained to her boyfriend about how cheating on your partner is rape

Paladinus posted:

Ha-ha, one of the games Zoe did was, I kid you not, Realistic Relationship Sim.

http://www.beesgo.biz/dsim.html

Please, enjoy. I've already beat it, but still can't open the true ending where she cheats on her boyfriend with five guys.

this is one of the lowest effort "games" I've ever seen wow

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Yivgev posted:

we really need another vietnam

the more I read about this poo poo, the more I'm beginning to support this notion without any irony

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Dear ISIS, please loving up the ante.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh my God, she even makes another text adventure Pacman.
http://www.beesgo.biz/clone.html

Just seven years after someone did it before her!
http://www.pac-txt.com

My pro strategy for Zoe's version, by the way, is typing 'eat poo poo' as a command.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Paladinus posted:

My pro strategy for Zoe's version, by the way, is typing 'eat poo poo' as a command.

I typed "gently caress zoe quinn" and she started flirting with me. Does this mean I am a games journalist now I'm confused

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Paladinus posted:

You know if anyone made these games as a project in University, they'd probably get a C at best.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

i still identify more strongly with the guy without the doritos hat. "serious breach of ethics?" since when is it an ethical breach for advertisers to gently caress the people making the product they're advertising?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Shadoer posted:

You know if anyone made these games as a project in University, they'd probably get a C at best.

that game didn't even operate off any legitimate inputs

I typed "eat poo poo" repeatedly and finished the game

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

i still identify more strongly with the guy without the doritos hat. "serious breach of ethics?" since when is it an ethical breach for advertisers to gently caress the people making the product they're advertising?

cram it, poindexter

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

This has been posted so many times and I still haven't figured out which one the guy that drew it was trying to paint in a positive light. They both come across as awful. Kind of like this "scandal" now that I think on it.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Two people in the comic. One who cares hard about video games and the other who eats they own poo poo. Both of them are good to laugh at.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
except one of them is like saying things actual people are saying and the other you have to make up nonsense like "I EAT MY OWN poo poo LOL" to make them look equally dumb

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i think the reason nerds are mad is that they knew that the big gaming press was corrupt but foolishly hoped in their little hearts that indie devs were still pure and true, because every dumb nerd baby cs major dreams of making his own game someday and wants to be an indie dev. so learning that indie devs are a bunch of poo poo-eating scammers, sjws and assorted human refuse was a shock to their systems

get it

a shock to their systems :gogtears:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
All this exposure has given Zoe the power to work on greater projects. Her next game is with a big-time publisher:

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Ah yes you can't stop eating your own poo poo

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

All this exposure has given Zoe the power to work on greater projects. Her next game is with a big-time publisher:

lol the best part about this is that ducks are rapists

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

I find it funny because while I knew gaming press to be corrupt or otherwise full of poo poo I didn't expect it to be this sort of cliquey cabal.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The Indie Game Journalist is the only animal which reproduces entirely through gang-rape.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
having honed my talents creating an 8-part miniseries about the inherent dishonesty and cowardice of anita sarkeesian, i now turn my craft towards Zoe Quinn, who represents an existential threat to the videogames i love and respect

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

The Droid posted:

I find it funny because while I knew gaming press to be corrupt or otherwise full of poo poo I didn't expect it to be this sort of cliquey cabal.

journalism in general is kind of a cliquey cabal, but gamers get to add in the deep narcissism and e-cred competition

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Hahaha, tons of 4channers got shadowbanned from reddit, some speculate it's anyone who participates in Zoe threads but i'm not sure:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/2ecvrb/latest_zoe_quinn_drama_explodes/

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Zoe of The Enders~

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:vince::vince::vince:

And all the people posting how much you don't care. Please stop trying to shame me into not enjoying this. It's not going to work. I am going to continue to enjoy watching this fire burn.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Mister Fister posted:

Hahaha, tons of 4channers got shadowbanned from reddit, some speculate it's anyone who participates in Zoe threads but i'm not sure:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/2ecvrb/latest_zoe_quinn_drama_explodes/

Wait, they are getting shadowbanned from the whole site, not just the gaming subreddit? That's even funnier.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Took this thread long enough to deliver

Holy poo poo

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Brannock posted:

While you're correct I'm surprised by how so many people rush to state the obvious and in such a way that they imply that it can't be fixed or improved upon.

Why should it be fixed

At the end of the day video games are on the same level of pop music or Hollywood. They're consumer products and don't really benefit from real journalism that covers why a fat uggo is a bad person.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

everyone who pops into this thread declaring that they don't understand why internet drama spikes so hard in attention never used the internet before, right?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Zoe of The Enders~

I'll take the death threats, rape jokes and fake game jam scams, but this is a bridge too far. consider yourself ignored, bitch...

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Not bragging but never used reddit, is it not like SA where you can see people banned and for a reason? And there's poo poo about their admins being part of jailbait sections, you can't just see every post someone has made or what?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
e: nvm

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 24, 2014

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

Not bragging but never used reddit, is it not like SA where you can see people banned and for a reason? And there's poo poo about their admins being part of jailbait sections, you can't just see every post someone has made or what?

Slanderer deleted his post, but SA used to have the same thing. But I thought SA got rid of it because they started necro bumping all the old threads.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

http://tindeck.com/listen/bkyh

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 24, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012