Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

I didn't know they made a live action version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah it's amazing how accurate it is to the source material

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Recently started watching Psycho-pass since they're re-releasing it as slightly cleaned up and reedited super-size episodes.

Anyway, not sure which of these is more Psychopass.gif

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

And on a much, much lighter note:
Kiki's Delivery Service

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a kitten posted:

Recently started watching Psycho-pass since they're re-releasing it as slightly cleaned up and reedited super-size episodes.

Much as I enjoyed Psycho-Pass, I wasn't actually a fan of the Dominator's design. Everything else for the most part has a general "20 minutes in the future" aesthetic, holograms aside, and then you've got those non-euclidean expanding handguns sticking out like a sore thumb.

The firing effects were still pretty loving badass though. :gibs:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Much as I enjoyed Psycho-Pass, I wasn't actually a fan of the Dominator's design. Everything else for the most part has a general "20 minutes in the future" aesthetic, holograms aside, and then you've got those non-euclidean expanding handguns sticking out like a sore thumb.

The firing effects were still pretty loving badass though. :gibs:

Let's hear it for ridiculous anime guns!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Railgun doesn't have a gun, she flicks pennies at poo poo and it flies so fast it might as well be shot out of a...railgun

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She herself is the ridiculous anime gun. :colbert:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

a kitten posted:

She herself is the ridiculous anime gun. :colbert:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Needs more Caster Gun.

Outlaw Star

I really want a replica of that gun. It's the best magic gun :all ears:.

To be fair, that's a field largely consisting of SMT Summoning Guns (for Devil Children) and that dumb gun from FF: Unlimited but hey.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

ConanThe3rd posted:

I really want a replica of that gun. It's the best magic gun :all ears:.

This guy has plans and kits available.

http://blindsquirrelprops.com/outlaw-star-caster-gun-1/
http://blindsquirrelprops.com/outlaw-star-caster-gun-2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kQspCbXXUc

Edit: The link to the plans is out of date so here is an updated one.

http://blindsquirrelprops.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/CasterInstructions.pdf

Lallander has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Aug 18, 2014

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Friends don't let friends see them buying dolls.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

New Getter Robo

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Are you watching The Legend of Korra? You should be!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Toradora

Evfedu
Feb 28, 2007

Squidster posted:

Are you watching The Legend of Korra? You should be!

Is it less... Bad than the first two seasons? I realise that the last air bender was bottled lightening but Korra just feels so meh from end to end.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Evfedu posted:

Is it less... Bad than the first two seasons? I realise that the last air bender was bottled lightening but Korra just feels so meh from end to end.

Season 3 of Korra is far and away better than the first 2 and is definitely on par with Last Airbender. Everyone needs to be watching it.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Evfedu posted:

They finally got it right in season 3. The characters play off each other much more naturally, they dialed down the awkward teen romance, made the stakes more personal and the villains tragic and compelling. The animation and choreography has never been more fluid and imaginative.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Evfedu posted:

Yes, it's great. They really got it right again this time. For instance:

This lady has no arms and so uses water tentacles instead.

It's cool.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Evfedu posted:

Korra just feels so meh from end to end.

I agree in regards to the story and characters but, got drat, the animation is so pretty.

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.

Squidster posted:

They finally got it right in season 3. The characters play off each other much more naturally, they dialed down the awkward teen romance, made the stakes more personal and the villains tragic and compelling. The animation and choreography has never been more fluid and imaginative.

can I just skip the second season then? because it started really lame fish and put me off of continuing.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Old Man Mozz posted:

can I just skip the second season then? because it started really lame fish and put me off of continuing.

NOPE! :v:

I've only seen three episodes of S3 (and I feel like fixing that now) but those three episodes are playing off the consequences from the end of season 2. And considering what happened in season 2... while I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest you suffer through it. Maybe get some friends over with a case of beer and an eagerness to poke fun at the show for laughs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Old Man Mozz posted:

There's two episodes in the middle. They're both parts of the same story of the first Avatar. His name, and the name of the episode are both Wan. Watch those and move onto the rest or the second season if you want. I can't remember if they got the original animators back those two episodes.

For other people lost on 'How bad could it be?' this is for you.

Legend of Korra Season 1

Season 2

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Old Man Mozz posted:

You totally can.

Here's the only details from season 2 that matter: The season villain punched a hole into the Spirit World and Korra chose to let it stay open. This means that there are a bunch of spirits kickin' it in our world. Korra dated, hated, and broke up with everybody. She's grown up a bit, become BFFs with Asami, and is ready to take on the world.

I will concur that the two-parter in the middle of Season 2, "Beginnings" is a fantastic standalone movie about the beginning of the Avatar cycle. It's not necessary to understand season 3, but it is hella great.

EDIT: Some GIFs!

Squidster has a new favorite as of 06:28 on Aug 24, 2014

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

C2C - Delta

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Couple of quick gifs from a music video Hayao Miyazaki animated.

Ed: And while I'm here, have some Do The Evolution:

Lance Streetman has a new favorite as of 09:11 on Aug 24, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Made a thing from the Venture Bros.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ghost in the Shell 1995

Ghost in the Shell: Arise

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Toradora

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

a kitten posted:

Neither, I got your psycho pass right here.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

I think we need dragons up in this thread.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Animated posters should be A Thing by now.

Various Satoshi Kon films.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Ah that season 3 korra stuff looks cool. I might have to catch up on that

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I think we need dragons up in this thread.

Can we get a name or some more info on this one please ? Guessing by the animation style, something early/mid 1980s.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

MREBoy posted:

Can we get a name or some more info on this one please ? Guessing by the animation style, something early/mid 1980s.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess the Moomin cartoon/anime from the 90's.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

QuasiQuack posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and guess the Moomin cartoon/anime from the 90's.

Yep.

(same)

BravestOfTheLamps has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Aug 28, 2014

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
This is a pretty big gif, too big to mirror on imgur, so I'm putting it behind a link, just in case. Where is it from? What is even happening in it?
http://giant.gfycat.com/HighlevelSomeElephantbeetle.gif

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!

Suleman posted:

This is a pretty big gif, too big to mirror on imgur, so I'm putting it behind a link, just in case. Where is it from? What is even happening in it?
http://giant.gfycat.com/HighlevelSomeElephantbeetle.gif

It's from Hanamonogatari, and she's getting ready to play some basketball :v:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

I wonder if it remembers me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Keru posted:

I wonder if it remembers me.

• Locked thread