Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Kilty Monroe posted:

So, as of right now, is the "charging" account of Brown's shooting part of the official police version of events, or has it always been something just passed around by racist idiots believing it was official?

I'm pretty damned sure the other witnesses said Brown tried to surrender and never mentioned "charging".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Kilty Monroe posted:

So, as of right now, is the "charging" account of Brown's shooting part of the official police version of events, or has it always been something just passed around by racist idiots believing it was official?

quote:

According to his account to the Ferguson police, Officer Wilson said that Mr. Brown had lowered his arms and moved toward him, law enforcement officials said. Fearing that the teenager was going to attack him, the officer decided to use deadly force.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I'm pretty damned sure the other witnesses said Brown tried to surrender and never mentioned "charging".

Well of course we knew what the eyewitnesses said, but the racists and fascist cop apologists are throwing every plausibility out there to see if something sticks. If enough evidence doesn't concretely refute all of the opposing narrative, then it must be the truth, no matter how many multiple variations and attempts at it they try.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

Berk Berkly posted:

Well of course we knew what the eyewitnesses said, but the racists and fascist cop apologists are throwing every plausibility out there to see if something sticks. If enough evidence doesn't concretely refute all of the opposing narrative, then it must be the truth, no matter how many multiple variations and attempts at it they try.

The autopsy seems to suggest that it's unlikely Brown was shot from behind or at an upright stance:

CNN posted:

To a forensic pathologist, the body diagram Brown's attorneys released tells a different story. The wound at the top of the head, the frontal wounds and angled right hand and arm wounds suggest that the victim was facing the officer, leaning forward with his right arm possibly extended in line with the gun's barrel, and not above his head.

The image of a person standing upright with his hands in the air when he was shot does not appear compatible with the wounds documented on that diagram. Whether a forward-leaning position is a posture of attack or of surrender, however, is a matter of perspective.

This would not be out of line with what the police officer said happened

Kilty Monroe
Dec 27, 2006

Upon the frozen fields of arctic Strana Mechty, the Ghost Dads lie in wait, preparing to ambush their prey with their zippin' and zoppin' and ziggy-zoop-boppin'.
So the cops waited for the racist speculators on social media to come up with something they could believe that would exonerate Wilson and start passing it around as actual witness testimony, and only when it had actually gained traction came out and said "Yep, that's what happened." Kinda brilliant, in a despicably evil way.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

Kilty Monroe posted:

So the cops waited for the racist speculators on social media to come up with something they could believe that would exonerate Wilson and start passing it around as actual witness testimony, and only when it had actually gained traction came out and said "Yep, that's what happened." Kinda brilliant, in a despicably evil way.

No, you stay silent and then let witness testimonies independently escalate to "klan member executes saintly child" while the police officer's account is carefully coached and held on to. Then when it comes time to go to court, you can paint the wildly varying witness accounts as untrustworthy, leaving only the police testimony.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

on the left posted:

The autopsy seems to suggest that it's unlikely Brown was shot from behind or at an upright stance:

This would not be out of line with what the police officer said happened

And how many bullets did Wilson fire in total?

What does the incident report say about this part? Go on, I'll wait.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

Berk Berkly posted:

The comment about "You aren't supposed to shoot so many times" is an idiotic and irrelevant statement. Landing 8 shots even on a full mag dump at 35 feet is some good shooting.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

on the left posted:

The comment about "You aren't supposed to shoot so many times" is an idiotic and irrelevant statement. Landing 8 shots even on a full mag dump at 35 feet is some good shooting.

That has nothing to do with the question I asked. Again:

Berk Berkly posted:

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

I haven't been able to find any answer on how many bullets he fired. It doesn't matter how many the officer used though, he'd be justified in dumping the magazine to stop an advancing threat.

ETA: The examiner made a comment about how the officer shouldn't have shot so many times, is what I was referring to.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

on the left posted:

I haven't been able to find any answer on how many bullets he fired. It doesn't matter how many the officer used though, he'd be justified in dumping the magazine to stop an advancing threat.

Bullshit. Where are you getting the 'advancing threat' part from? Where in the incident report does it say that?

Remember the 'unofficial' story for Wilson has mutated from "violent struggle with shots fired from grabbing gun" in the car to a loving absurd berserker charge to justify the bullets in this kid's arm and skull. You are just trying to squeeze the story around the facts to make something that just barely gets through the square hole with your round peg.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

Berk Berkly posted:

Bullshit. Where are you getting the 'advancing threat' part from? Where in the incident report does it say that?

Remember the 'unofficial' story for Wilson has mutated from "violent struggle with shots fired" in the car to a loving absurd berserker charge to justify the bullets in this kid's arm and skull.

How on earth did the officer manage to shoot a 6'4" baby child from front and above?

The autopsy shows wounds consistent with a forward charge.

on the left fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 24, 2014

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

on the left posted:

How on earth did the officer manage to shoot a 6'4" baby child from front and above?

You need to source that conjecture. The autopsy so far have shown that the bullet wounds are also quite consistent with someone surrendering:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-he-was-killed/

Again, the evidence lines up with the eye witnesses account. The only thing that doesn't perfectly match is that there were no definitive entry wounds from the back. This is why the number of shots is important. If Wilson was shooting Brown as he ran, missed, which caused Brown to turn and surrender in fear only to get the follow up shots in his raised arms and head from the angles shown on the autopsy.

Here is the witness's accounts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRbiEZ_vIOQ

Berk Berkly fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 24, 2014

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

on the left posted:

He charged with his arms raised like a guy in a monster suit in a bad horror movie? Perhaps he was yelling "GRRRRR! I'M GOING TO GET YOU!" as well?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Much like Trayvon, he probably yelled out "argh you got me!" As his final words as well by this point.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Republicans posted:

He charged with his arms raised like a guy in a monster suit in a bad horror movie? Perhaps he was yelling "GRRRRR! I'M GOING TO GET YOU!" as well?

All-new top-secret surveillance footage blows case wide open!

(literally how white people envision this scenario)

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 24, 2014

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

on the left posted:

Or falling forward

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

Berk Berkly posted:

You need to source that conjecture. The autopsy so far have shown that the bullet wounds are also quite consistent with someone surrendering:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-he-was-killed/

Again, the evidence lines up with the eye witnesses account. The only thing that doesn't perfectly match is that there were no definitive entry wounds from the back. This is why the number of shots is important. If Wilson was shooting Brown as he ran, missed, which caused Brown to turn and surrender in fear only to get the follow up shots in his raised arms and head from the angles shown on the autopsy.

Here is the witness's accounts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRbiEZ_vIOQ

Based on the tight spacing of the officer's groups, it seems entirely unlikely that the officer fired and missed, yet also allowed time for Brown to turn around and surrender. Also, based on the video of the convenience store, Brown seems like exactly the kind of violent shithead that would escalate an encounter to the point where deadly force is justified. The police were smart to release that footage.

Republicans posted:

If you are hunkered over, arms above your head translates into arms in front of you.

temple posted:

Or falling forward

5 shots on a falling target inside of the second when Brown was falling. That cop is a near superhuman shot if so.

Nice Guy
May 13, 2012
So on the left, what is it you are arguing exactly? Is it that the murder of Brown by Wilson was justifiable because he was charging at him?

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

quote:

Based on the tight spacing of the officer's groups, it seems entirely unlikely that the officer fired and missed...

Uh didn't you just say:

on the left posted:

The difference is of course shooting at someone running away and someone stationary on the ground.

quote:

...yet also allowed time for Brown to turn around and surrender. Also, based on the video of the convenience store, Brown seems like exactly the kind of violent shithead that would escalate an encounter to the point where deadly force is justified. The police were smart to release that footage.

Absolutely nothing in the video justifies anything that happened. Period. Please stop projecting your own bullshit assumptions and speculation into a story where the 'official' incidient report is basically and empty sheet with a signature.

quote:

If you are hunkered over, arms above your head translates into arms in front of you.
5 shots on a falling target inside of the second when Brown was falling. That cop is a near superhuman shot if so.

You are an idiot. There is no plausible way that kid was 'hunkered over' that far with his HEAD DOWN and arms up that would explain this. He would literally have to be Supermanning from a dead stop, flying two feet above the ground for those entry wounds to make sense.

Berk Berkly fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 24, 2014

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I'm curious, do people charge with their heads down? I've always thought it made more sense to keep your chin up, eyes pointed at the target.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CRAYON posted:

I'm curious, do people charge with their heads down? I've always thought it made more sense to keep your chin up, eyes pointed at the target.

Understand that the morons postulating this idiocy don't view young black men as people, which is why they will entertain lunatic fantasies in which Michael Brown, after first fleeing from the police car, decides to stop thirty feet away, turn around, and run straight towards the cop who has been shooting at him.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

The Insect Court posted:

Understand that the morons postulating this idiocy don't view young black men as people, which is why they will entertain lunatic fantasies in which Michael Brown, after first fleeing from the police car, decides to stop thirty feet away, turn around, and run straight towards the cop who has been shooting at him.

It's completely impossible that a violent shithead who assaults innocent people might react violently in another situation, and you'd frankly have to be racist to even think this for a second.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Berk Berkly posted:

According to the incident report he fired 0 shots.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wadjamaloo posted:

According to the incident report he fired 0 shots.
So what, Brown shot himself six times from long range?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

So what, Brown shot himself six times from long range?

Well he's just so violent.

Kilty Monroe
Dec 27, 2006

Upon the frozen fields of arctic Strana Mechty, the Ghost Dads lie in wait, preparing to ambush their prey with their zippin' and zoppin' and ziggy-zoop-boppin'.

on the left posted:

It's completely impossible that a violent shithead who assaults innocent people might react violently in another situation, and you'd frankly have to be racist to even think this for a second.

The "innocent" shop clerk who rushed to the door in order to illegally lock Brown in? Pushing him was a necessary use of force for Brown to free himself from the threat of that dangerous criminal.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
An assault so violent that the owner didn't bother reporting it.

Nice Guy
May 13, 2012

on the left posted:

No. But it is sort of racist to want a black man dead for committing a not so violent crime and wanting his white killer to get off scot-free.

Seriously, what is the underlying point your exactly trying to make in all of this? What is your stance? Do you need someone to give you a few options here seeing as you can't seem to critically analyze this situation from a rational standpoint and formulate your own opinions? Or is a scenario in which a black man isn't the bad guy too damning to your cultural world view?

You say he's a violent criminal but you could go out to pretty much any bar anywhere on any given night and see more violence and destruction of property. Should we line up the police outside of them shooting anybody who acts out of line? I mean gently caress these violent shitheads.

Should police be able to shoot anyone when they feel their life is in danger? How do you think the protesters feel when they have guns pointed at them? What if someone came up and mowed all of them down? I mean, surely the protesters feel as if their lives are in danger. Would it not be justifiable for them to kill the police? I mean where the gently caress is your sense of irony when you call one man who is slain by another a "violent shithead"?

Nice Guy fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 24, 2014

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

on the left posted:

So Brown, who has attacked Wilson brutally and has almost wrestled his gun away, suddenly changes his mind about murdering a cop and starts to run away, dropping the gun for some reason. He continues to run as Wilson shoots at him. Then, once he's about 35 feet away, he changes his mind again, turns around, taunts Wilson by shouting that Wilson won't shoot(presumably he's forgotten the last five seconds), and then bends over at the waist in a sort of deep bow, extends his arms out in front of him, and charges at Wilson while looking down at his shoes.

This is loving insane. It is only somewhat less plausible than the claim that Brown shot himself six times to frame poor brave white Officer Wilson. It is a description of behavior that is not recognizably human, which is why it seems to be held only by the sort of bigots who don't think Michael Brown really was one.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

on the left posted:

Could you point to any other examples of unarmed people with no history of mental illness charging an armed person like a bull, after they'd started running away?

I mean sure racists like to pretend zombies in games and films are hordes of black people so I can see why they'd make the mistake but can you point to anything like this actually happening in real life?

YeahWhatevah
Oct 28, 2013

on the left posted:

How on earth did the officer manage to shoot a 6'4" baby child from front and above? The autopsy shows wounds consistent with a forward charge...

...I haven't been able to find any answer on how many bullets he fired. It doesn't matter how many the officer used though, he'd be justified in dumping the magazine to stop an advancing threat...

...Brown seems like exactly the kind of violent shithead that would escalate an encounter to the point where deadly force is justified. The police were smart to release that footage...

...I'd bet powder traces on the victim and police car will reveal that shots started much closer.

...The GoFundMe for Officer Wilson is massively outpacing the one for Mike Brown...

Oh FFS - you really are a piece of work. Quite frankly I hope you do get some form of pleasure off your pathetic trolling and it greatly satisfies. I'd hate to think what you'd be up to otherwise for kicks with such a tortured, shriveled, authoritarian soul... well, that and having such a remarkably poor grasp on reality. You already know, beyond all doubt, what actually happened. You really want to be judge, jury, and executioner here don't you?

Ah to hell with it, all words are lost on you. You sad, miserable, sack.

For the rest of us, I don't know if Jim Wright is ever discussed around here, but his writing is really solid: Retired military, proud Alaskan, nowhere near an effete liberal, and I can't argue a word against him. His current entry is quite timely.

http://www.stonekettle.com/

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

Nice Guy posted:

Seriously, what is the underlying point your exactly trying to make in all of this? What is your stance? Do you need someone to give you a few options here seeing as you can't seem to critically analyze this situation from a rational standpoint and formulate your own opinions? Or is a scenario in which a black man isn't the bad guy too damning to your cultural world view?

His stance, point, philosophy and world view is "rile up D&D posters", that's seriously it. I guess you could query his points for the benefit of lurkers or as a reasoning exercise but anything beyond that and you're just giving him what he wants.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

murphyslaw posted:

His stance, point, philosophy and world view is "rile up D&D posters", that's seriously it. I guess you could query his points for the benefit of lurkers or as a reasoning exercise but anything beyond that and you're just giving him what he wants.

What must your worldview be like to think that the only reason someone could think the way I do is to rile up a bunch of college leftists? People are able to have ideas that differ from your own, that's the point of democracy. A good portion of America genuinely feels that Officer Wilson did nothing wrong.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

on the left posted:

What must your worldview be like to think that the only reason someone could think the way I do is to rile up a bunch of college leftists? People are able to have ideas that differ from your own, that's the point of democracy. A good portion of America genuinely feels that Officer Wilson did nothing wrong.

a good portion of Americans genuinely believe a lot of really dumb things

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Kilty Monroe posted:

The "innocent" shop clerk who rushed to the door in order to illegally lock Brown in? Pushing him was a necessary use of force for Brown to free himself from the threat of that dangerous criminal.

Shop owners don't like people stealing from them. Who would've thunk it?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

on the left posted:

A good portion of America has been for things like slavery, white power, male dominance, loving the poor and et cetera.

Not necessarily a good validation for any argument.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

on the left posted:

gently caress what the American people consider wrong or right as done by polling, overall what matters is action and words on the ground, and the reality of consequences, that's what's shaped and changed the country, not a bunch of loud assholes only out to belittle, hurt, and moan about not being able to belittle and hurt people.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

on the left posted:

"College leftists" yeah kind of tipped your hand there, didn't you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Something awful dot com forums, due to its recent birth, is full of 17 to 22 year old kids.

• Locked thread