Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

On3moresoul posted:

I just started playing recently (mental/fists (martial?)) and am impressed at how full at least the starting area is of players. Give a since of vibrancy to the community. Despite the warnings about post-30 hell, I may pick up the Ultimate pack since it's 75% off Steam only for a couple more hours. I would like to be able to make a Latern Corps character.

Just for some perspective, where does this game generally fall in peoples comparison to City of Heroes/Villains? I agree I wish there were more customization options when you make a character. I did see some badass level 30 in Metropolis PD HQ with some cosmic pants and hand pieces, I could see space and stars through it, was impressive.

E:

Looks like Halls of Power pt. 1 came out yesterday, http://store.steampowered.com/app/315800/ I wish it were on sale like the rest of DLC.

are you on pc or ps (playstation)?
Im on pc and just hit 18, and the most players ive seen are in the safehouses. The whole city seems to be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
God damnit. Like an optimistic idiot I bought a chunk of DLC from steam.

So of course my SoE account page just gives me error messages trying to redeem the codes. Trying to redeem them in game I can't copy paste them, and it just tells me "Error accessing account" both after I enter a code, and sometimes it just kicks me out with that error before I even do anything.

All of 5 minutes on the SoE website is also enough to log me out for "Inactivity" while I'm looking at the game menus. And now we have moved on to it not even allowing me to open up the marketplace in game. Hopefully it's just having issues for the moment and I don't have to deal with tech support.

TLDR EDIT: Hurling my codes at the website over and over again has finally gotten all of them onto my account history (when not giving me an error message trying to load my account history). The only one that straight up worked clean without some kind of error/you already redeemed this, now that this is your fifth time trying the code was the "Origin crisis" code. Well, The third time I tried it at least, it actually said "You redeemed stuff!" instead of Error/you already redeemed this code.

Still hates logging me in half the time, and likes to remind me "Account access error" every so often while playing :downs:
Hey, let's try validation now that I've at least got documentation of "Yes, I own these DLC".... 23,272 files failed to validate and will be required :staredog: Hopefully this helps with my apparent problems.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 8, 2014

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

for those guys sad about no players im about to build a new box after three months away from home and im itchin to play!

but yeah if style unlock was universal i'd be in heaven and it's a goddamned shame it isn't

Sarcastical
Sep 6, 2011
Would someone mind helping me? I seem to be unable to connect to the game for any length of time.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
I reinstalled for the sale and snagged 3 DLC packs I didn't have(I have everything but the halls of power and origin crisis).

not sure if I'll stay interested but I at least have it installed.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

hup posted:

for those guys sad about no players im about to build a new box after three months away from home and im itchin to play!

but yeah if style unlock was universal i'd be in heaven and it's a goddamned shame it isn't

Yeah if the cosmetic unlocks were account wide I'd seriously play so much more. As it is I have too many characters to care about them, may try playing again though and try to figure out which powerset I want to actually play.

Pizzagate Pedophile
Mar 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Is the goon hero clan active?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Livers posted:

Is the goon hero clan active?

I just started playing and am also wondering about the Hero Goon Clan.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I wound up playing again on heroside and just joined a guild that just established. strangely got good results.

doubt the goon guild is active, though.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

nehezir posted:

I wound up playing again on heroside and just joined a guild that just established. strangely got good results.

doubt the goon guild is active, though.

I just wanna group up with some bros. 7th Wrath is my dudes name if that is any sort of helpful.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

added you. if I see you on, I'll message and try to get you into this guild.

maybe someday a goon effort will start again.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just restarted again over the weekend. I've had a lot of spare time (rainy days) so I'm just over 20. Playing as Taranis Reborn (Got the lightning DLC- Name is for the Celtic god of thunder) on the Hero side. I played a couple characters to max way back when but I'm not sure I 100% know what I'm doing with power interactions, so I'm treating the whole thing like I'm a total newbie. I'm in a start-up league with like 4 players so if anyone has a better group I can join, I'm fine with moving.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Yeah I mean we could make a new one.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Goon clan presence has historically been stone dead for this game, no matter what gets said in the thread by people who insist that they're on all the time or that the clan is active.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Goon clan presence has historically been stone dead for this game, no matter what gets said in the thread by people who insist that they're on all the time or that the clan is active.

this is why I was thinking a few of us that are active now could either A) take over the goon clan (probably wont happen because "Goons") b) Make a new one for those of us that are active.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I still have a toon in the villain legion, but I like my hero characters more.

I could ask my guildmaster if they'd take goons that were on hero side and wanted a place to chill.

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Any reason in particular heroes seem more appealing or is it just a preference for being a good guy?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

On3moresoul posted:

Any reason in particular heroes seem more appealing or is it just a preference for being a good guy?

That's all that I can see. I've played both to max level in the past and each was enjoyable.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

There's practically no difference, especially in the post-30 content. Villains are mostly agreed-upon to have the better VAs though.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I just have better luck with the hero community.

I don't really care about flavor as much as I do experiencing something and getting poo poo done.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

mastajake posted:

There's practically no difference, especially in the post-30 content.

Actually that's where most of the difference is now. The levelling content is doing a lot of the same missions from opposing sides, but T4 and onwards, each side has its own missions entirely.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Actually that's where most of the difference is now. The levelling content is doing a lot of the same missions from opposing sides, but T4 and onwards, each side has its own missions entirely.

That's true. But T4 takes awhile to get to and other than 1 -2 instances they're the same.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
So is the Hero Goon Guild still going? and can we get invited to it? sorry to bust up the high level stuff, but I am only lvl 15 or something so I just want people to chill with.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

No, it's not. In fact, my main hero character is T6 and isn't a part of it. We could make a new one if you wanted, but no there isn't one with a bunch of members sitting there waiting for more.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Didn't they announce new powers? Like atomic and munitions?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I made a Villain for shits and giggles- tech and dual pistols. Hold down right click, everything in the room melts. Feels a little OP.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

New Leaf posted:

I made a Villain for shits and giggles- tech and dual pistols. Hold down right click, everything in the room melts. Feels a little OP.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I did Elec/DP once. I think it was probably the fastest I ever got to 30, and I did it all solo. This was shortly after The Last Laugh came out, so I'm not sure how viable it is now...

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

hup posted:

Didn't they announce new powers? Like atomic and munitions?

also injections. basically drug-based powers like bane.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Once I get my poo poo together I will make a new league. Also I dropped way too much money on DLC this weekend, and I am only lvl 27. I just wanted to have a nice house.

edit: you need a Sub for making a League yes?

Edit 2: anyone use any sort of voice chat for this game?

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 27, 2014

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Slayer1597 posted:

Once I get my poo poo together I will make a new league. Also I dropped way too much money on DLC this weekend, and I am only lvl 27. I just wanted to have a nice house.
an active league is going to need more than 3 regular people with differing schedules, but I do still have AWizardDidIt(Sorcery healer) on villain side, ActiveTimeBomb(HL Troll and my main) and BakingBads(fire tank)sitting on hero side.

quote:

edit: you need a Sub for making a League yes?
yes, you do. but if someone were already subbed they could make a guild for you and pass you leadership.

quote:

Edit 2: anyone use any sort of voice chat for this game?
I primarily run skype for voice chat, but wouldn't mind downloading or using something else.

nehezir fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 27, 2014

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I have subscribed to the game this month, so I could at least create a guild if anyone wanted it made and passed to them.

contact ActiveTimeBomb if anything is needed.

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
Does anyone know any way to increase the FOV on this game and stop my intense nausea when playing?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

FrankenVader posted:

... stop ... playing

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

Babe Magnet posted:

...stop ...playing

Sadly, that may be the only answer. An FOV of only 90 degrees is just horrible on a 32 inch monitor @ 2 feet away. Makes me sick as a dog.

In the steam/steamapps/common/DC Universe Online/UNREAL3/Engine/Config directory, there is a BASEENGINE.ini file that lists the following:

FOVAngle=90.000000

That's the culprit....that lovely, lovely console FOV is the culprit. Changing this to something acceptable like 115, or 120 and making the file *read only* isn't working, as the file is over written every time you launch the game.

Bummer.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

FrankenVader posted:

Sadly, that may be the only answer. An FOV of only 90 degrees is just horrible on a 32 inch monitor @ 2 feet away. Makes me sick as a dog.

In the steam/steamapps/common/DC Universe Online/UNREAL3/Engine/Config directory, there is a BASEENGINE.ini file that lists the following:

FOVAngle=90.000000

That's the culprit....that lovely, lovely console FOV is the culprit. Changing this to something acceptable like 115, or 120 and making the file *read only* isn't working, as the file is over written every time you launch the game.

Bummer.

The problem is even if you could fix it, I believe they use the same running tricks that borderlands did. Or was it 2. One of them had fov problems. However, every time you would reset the fov to a desired level, it would be reset to the default level over time. The reason was that to give a sense of running, the fov was dynamically tightened. This works on a artistic scale, but since you couldn't lock the default fov, you get what you are experiencing.

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

JuffoWup posted:

The problem is even if you could fix it, I believe they use the same running tricks that borderlands did. Or was it 2. One of them had fov problems. However, every time you would reset the fov to a desired level, it would be reset to the default level over time. The reason was that to give a sense of running, the fov was dynamically tightened. This works on a artistic scale, but since you couldn't lock the default fov, you get what you are experiencing.

I had the same issue in Bioshock/Bioshock 2, but was able to bind a key to an FOV setting - easy fix (same in BL2). I really want to play this game and the only way I can handle it (in small dosses) it to play in a tiny little window, so it takes longer for my brain to get freaked out by the FOV.

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!

nehezir posted:

I have subscribed to the game this month, so I could at least create a guild if anyone wanted it made and passed to them.

contact ActiveTimeBomb if anything is needed.

Cool, we need to get a goon league going soon! I've been playing for a few days so far (Lvl 22 hero) and I'm really enjoying it, it's a super fun Barbie dress up game.

There are a few of us goons playing that hang out in the CTS mumble. Right now we're in the defiance channel but hopefully we get a DC universe channel set up soon. Feel free to drop in and join us! My hero is Spine Cho and my evil character is Spin Echo.

Evil angel of bows and sorcery.

Golden kitty of martial arts and telepathy.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

CTS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!

Oh yeah sorry, Camping the Stairs goon mumble server.

KittySpinEcho fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 14, 2014

• Locked thread