Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Esroc posted:

That was the best episode of this saga yet. I think Cell may actually top Freeza at this rate. And Episode 44 is already almost finished!

Are you getting that from the site's progress bar? Because I think they just haven't updated it from when it was at 99% just before 43 came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Are you getting that from the site's progress bar? Because I think they just haven't updated it from when it was at 99% just before 43 came out.

Why must you crush my hope? :(

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

I have my moments.

I always liked this part of the series because it's so weird compared to everything else. It's entirely earthbound, at a certain point all of the villains are kind of weak enough that they could be dealt with, but there are so many of them and they're doing different things and they're more focused on keeping them seperated and playing cat and mouse.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Super Jay Mann posted:

I don't know about you guys but I was sold on Cell right from "Wanna see me drink this guy?!" :colbert:

I'm in the same camp as you. :haw: Such a great opener right after "Mr Sandmaaan."

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Cell was great and that episode was awesome.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
He has one line, and Vegeta manages to steal the entire loving episode with it. Brilliant.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm pretty excited about the next episode, mostly because I have no clue what happens in the story between Cell escaping Piccolo and Piccolo and 17's fight. I know Goku wakes up at some point and Vegeta and Trunks enter the hyperbolic time chamber, but that's it.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

I'm pretty excited about the next episode, mostly because I have no clue what happens in the story between Cell escaping Piccolo and Piccolo and 17's fight. I know Goku wakes up at some point and Vegeta and Trunks enter the hyperbolic time chamber, but that's it.

Krillin rescues a woman from Cell. Hope they keep that.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Without looking it up, doesn't Piccolo return to the lookout and then goes to fight C17 when they are about to close in on Kame-House?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

e X posted:

Without looking it up, doesn't Piccolo return to the lookout and then goes to fight C17 when they are about to close in on Kame-House?

Roughly he's trying (and failing) to look for Cell and in between his trips the androids find him and the gang in Kame house.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
They look for Cell and fail, Goku wakes up and takes the rest of the Saiyans to the Room of Time and Space/Hyperbolic Time Chamber, the rest of the gang watches TV and sees that Cell is eating more people.

The Cyborgs get to Goku's house and find it empty, so they fly to Kame House and Piccolo decides to kill 17 to keep Cell from becoming complete.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Some Numbers posted:

They look for Cell and fail, Goku wakes up and takes the rest of the Saiyans to the Room of Time and Space/Hyperbolic Time Chamber, the rest of the gang watches TV and sees that Cell is eating more people.

The Cyborgs get to Goku's house and find it empty, so they fly to Kame House and Piccolo decides to kill 17 to keep Cell from becoming complete.

See, I've seen the episodes but I just forget. I thought Piccolo was at Kame House and encounters the androids when they finally show up? But Goku should be awake at that point and Vegeta and Trunks should be in the time chamber. So why would the androids be at Kame House if Goku isn't there? That's why this part confuses me because I can't string it together logically.

Also there's a point where Trunks is with Vegeta in some kind of canyon but Vegeta just ignores him the whole time.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

facebook jihad posted:

See, I've seen the episodes but I just forget. I thought Piccolo was at Kame House and encounters the androids when they finally show up? But Goku should be awake at that point and Vegeta and Trunks should be in the time chamber. So why would the androids be at Kame House if Goku isn't there? That's why this part confuses me because I can't string it together logically.

16 knew that Goku likes to hang out at the Kame House, and never thought about Kami's place (most people don't even know their God was a slug-man on a sky-plate),so they decided to go there.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Piccolo explains Cell to Trunks, Krillin and Tien, so Trunks goes off to find Vegeta while the rest of the group searches for Cell. Goku wakes up, takes Gohan, grabs Trunks and Vegeta, yadda yadda.

Piccolo and the group fail to find Cell and are chilling at Kame House. The Cyborgs show up because Kame House is literally the second place they'll look for Goku.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Holy poo poo, I think Cell said "Stolar Flare."

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I just double-checked, and yes. He did. :drat:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Some Numbers posted:

Holy poo poo, I think Cell said "Stolar Flare."

Not sure I get the joke?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Triskelli posted:

Not sure I get the joke?

It's not his.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Triskelli posted:

Not sure I get the joke?

Stole-ar Flare.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Some Numbers posted:

Stole-ar Flare.

Now if only they could make a pun like that for the Destructo-Disk

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Triskelli posted:

Now if only they could make a pun like that for the Destructo-Disk

Like Freeza's "Kien-structo Disk" from Kai Abridged 2?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Some Numbers posted:

Like Freeza's "Kien-structo Disk" from Kai Abridged 2?

Nah, I mean a pun about how everyone and their dog's stolen it. Please tell me Cell uses it at some point :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I don't recall him or his little guys using it, no.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Actually he does use it the anime but not the manga.

He shoots two destructo disks at SSJ2 Gohan and Gohan blocks it with his arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4CfS1UoQJM

Hahah he even says it!

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 24, 2014

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Cell uses Freeza's homing version in his fight against Goku, does that count?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shindragon posted:

Actually he does use it the anime but not the manga.

He shoots two destructo disks at SSJ2 Gohan and Gohan blocks it with his arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4CfS1UoQJM

Hahah he even says it!

Huh, interesting.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
In Kai Abridged 1, when Vegeta uses the Destructo Disk to cut off Gohan's tail, Krillin says, "the gently caress!?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I enjoy the idea that Krillin accidentally invented the most absurdly good attack in existence, good enough that everyone who sees it needs to steal it, but he'll never get credit for doing so.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably my favorite part about that scene is it cuts to Krillin, so the anime already did half the job for TFS if they go for the joke. :v:

edit: Hahah right? I mean in theory it's a goddamn great attack but well too bad in his hands it's lovely. Hell he actually LANDED IT once and it didn't do poo poo.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Shindragon posted:

edit: Hell he actually LANDED IT once and it didn't do poo poo.

If you mean it just bouncing off Cell's neck ineffectually, that was just anime filler. Shame too, because even though it is straight up the best attack ever (and never gets used because of it) that would be great if it was just because Krillin is essentially dogshit terrible.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Probably my favorite part about that scene is it cuts to Krillin, so the anime already did half the job for TFS if they go for the joke. :v:

I'll be modestly surprised if they don't reprise 'Villain: "Destructo Disk!" Krillen: "The gently caress?!"'

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just finished the latest episode of DBZ:A and I'm going to have to say

A. It was awesome

B. The fights work/feel SO MUCH better when they go that fast

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'll be modestly surprised if they don't reprise 'Villain: "Destructo Disk!" Krillen: "The gently caress?!"'

I want Krillin to just sigh sadly.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

bowmore posted:

I just finished the latest episode of DBZ:A and I'm going to have to say

A. It was awesome

B. The fights work/feel SO MUCH better when they go that fast

The super fast fight speedups/recuts are easily the best part of the whole series. These guys were supposed to be able to move faster than the human eye can detect way back in Dragonball, but it's only in this cut of the series that it actually feels true. The pacing in that clip of Gohan catching Cell's Destructo Disks dragged badly even in that short scene.

As an aside, the old voices are weird now after getting used to the DBZ:A cast. No offense to Sonny Strait, but his Krillin just sounds wrong now. Piccolo/Vegeta weren't as jarring since Lanipator is pretty much doing a snarkier version of Sabat's take on them, though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Zonekeeper posted:

The super fast fight speedups/recuts are easily the best part of the whole series. These guys were supposed to be able to move faster than the human eye can detect way back in Dragonball, but it's only in this cut of the series that it actually feels true. The pacing in that clip of Gohan catching Cell's Destructo Disks dragged badly even in that short scene.

As an aside, the old voices are weird now after getting used to the DBZ:A cast. No offense to Sonny Strait, but his Krillin just sounds wrong now. Piccolo/Vegeta weren't as jarring since Lanipator is pretty much doing a snarkier version of Sabat's take on them, though.

Lanipator does such a good Sabat it's scary. They aren't the hardest voices to world to impersonate, but he's goddamn spot on with them.

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
Man, I wish they'd put the new episode on YouTube already. Is there a reason it's only on their site for a while? That player is terrible and I've only gotten to play past the first 10 seconds without suddenly going to low quaulity 1 FPS once. Even if I pause it right away and let it buffer for a while it does the same thing.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Man, I wish they'd put the new episode on YouTube already. Is there a reason it's only on their site for a while? That player is terrible and I've only gotten to play past the first 10 seconds without suddenly going to low quaulity 1 FPS once. Even if I pause it right away and let it buffer for a while it does the same thing.

They, presumably get more ad revenue through their own website, which is fair enough I guess.

I don't expect a small venture like this to match a huge video host like YouTube but god drat is it hot garbage.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't have an issue with it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

I didn't have an issue with it.

Great help, would recommend. 5/5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Here's a direct link you can right click/save as or use a download manager:
http://video2.screenwavemedia.com/vod/TeamFourStar-53f66c0bd6042_hd1.mp4

• Locked thread