Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Well until we get the official full roster; maybe Shulk will be my character of choice. (If he's in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

What would set Shulk apart from the other sword animes? Legit question, I've never played Xenogears.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

robot roll call posted:

What would set Shulk apart from the other sword animes? Legit question, I've never played Xenogears.

He has a fuckoff lazer sword with magic powers. It lets him go super fast, see the future and do other cool poo poo.

Plus he's a speedy backstabby guy in his own game which contrasts pretty heavily with most of the other sword dudes.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

robot roll call posted:

A lot of Shulk's laser sword powers are buffs to attack/defence/speed etc, so they could make him different from the other sword characters by giving him ability to buff himself or cycle through the various buffs to change how he plays during a battle.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Andrew_1985 posted:

Wii Fit Trainer looks like they'll be a lot of fun

So much fun in the E3 build, just bopping Sonic on the head with a soccer ball.

I want to try Megaman out, but WFT is mainable.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I remember some people I know predicting Shulk may have the ability to turn back time in the game, which would be a pretty goddamn annoying feature, so obviously that wouldn't happen. But what could his gimmick be? I don't know really, attacking from different directions (side, back, front) doing different damages maybe would be interesting, or incorporating the Break, Topple, Daze combo somehow.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I can't help but feel like a lot of people might be disappointed when they play Mega Man. Not because he's bad or anything, but because he plays so uniquely from the rest of the cast. You need to have a completely different mindset when using him and that might be a big turnoff for some people.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I hope they made meta knight the best person in the cast again so I can make everyone angry with him

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

sharrrk posted:

I can't help but feel like a lot of people might be disappointed when they play Mega Man. Not because he's bad or anything, but because he plays so uniquely from the rest of the cast. You need to have a completely different mindset when using him and that might be a big turnoff for some people.

I did really bad with him at the Best Buy event, because I was trying to play him as a smash character, and he really does feel more like how his games actually play.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't care that she's a clone, I'm doing nothing but playing Lucina.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Lucina being a simpler Marth makes her sound like the perfect character for this clumsy idiot, but that's kind of a cop-out answer. I want to see how the Mii Fighters play, because I bet I could get a moveset together on one of them that's really fun.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I guess the one I'm most excited for is Robin. Everyone looks great though, and I'm probably going to end up hitting random like half the time when I play multiplayer, especially when there's 3 or more players.

edit: I mained zero-suit in Brawl, and I love that she's got her own slot rather than being hidden away behind L-Trigger on Samus now. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Little Mac's my man here, I played as him at Best Buy and holy poo poo he feels so good to play as. I definitely can't wait to play more! Mega Man's also someone I can't wait to play as, I tried him a little at Best Buy too and I really like how he plays just like he does in the NES games. It'll make playing as him a little weird, but he's pretty fun!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Little Mac was a ton of fun when I got to play him at the Best Buy event. Mega Man seemed really cool but just too complicated to figure out in a single match, so I want to put some time in to learning him. Wii Fit Trainer is a lot of fun too and a bit more normal as far as Smash Bros characters go. Those were kind of my top three newcomers anyway but I really want to check out Robin and see how the magic and sword use mechanics work in a real fight.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm really excited to play Greninja and Villager. So much mobility. :allears:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Zore posted:

He has a fuckoff lazer sword with magic powers. It lets him go super fast, see the future and do other cool poo poo.

Plus he's a speedy backstabby guy in his own game which contrasts pretty heavily with most of the other sword dudes.

Yeah Shulk's archetype is rogue but has a huge gently caress off sword.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I have several wishlist characters still, but reguardless, based on trailers I'm hyped to main Robin and Pac-Man.
THe moment the WiiU version comes out I will play exclusively on MS Paint town Final Destination

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
If Duck Hunt Dog is in the game and Ridley is not, i will only play him online because it will infuriate pretty much everyone, especially ridleyfans.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

I don't care that she's a clone, I'm doing nothing but playing Lucina.

pretty much this, Lucina's one of my favorite characters and i will be using her alot

Greninja and Mac seem fun though so I'll probably use them alot but I'll probably end up using everybody atleast once

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

sout posted:

I remember some people I know predicting Shulk may have the ability to turn back time in the game, which would be a pretty goddamn annoying feature, so obviously that wouldn't happen. But what could his gimmick be? I don't know really, attacking from different directions (side, back, front) doing different damages maybe would be interesting, or incorporating the Break, Topple, Daze combo somehow.

Switching between different Monado buffs maybe? Speed makes him faster, armor reduces damage, shield reflects projectiles briefly, enchant increases the strength of his attacks. His future sight ability would be a bit tricky to implement in a fighting game, but it could just make him immune to all damage for 15-20 seconds while turning the Monado into its buster form.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

robot roll call posted:

That doesn't matter, because Xenogears is a PS1 title from 1998 that does not feature Shulk.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

villager & pac-man are probably gonna be my go to home dogs when game comes out
i mean unless duck hunt dog is in, because he's actually a dog. and I'll probably want to play him

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really want to play as all of the announced newcomers, they all look fun and great. Of course, I'm going to have a blast with Mega Man, but Villager looks great, the anime sword people seem cool, I love what they did with Pac Man.

What I'll probably do first is break out Link and see if, for once, the poor guy is at all competitive, though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The most exciting moment, I think, will be holding a GC controller in my hands while watching the brand new intro, and then pressing Start to finally jump into this game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I'm definitely excited to try out Greninja, but Mega Man looks fun and I can't wait to see what they did with Groose

e: Haha whoops they asked me not to spoil that. Oh well, damage is done :p

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Greninja and Palutena look super cool and fun to play.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Definitely super excited that Megaman is in, and Greninja looks like he be a blast to play as.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Greninja and Palutena look super cool and fun to play.

They all do! Robin, Mega Man, Pac Man, Rosalina. It really looks like they put a lot of effort into everyone, except maybe Lucina, and who cares, because she will be cool.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Probably gonna play as whoever has the most fun throw game. Maybe Little Mac, dude seems like he could get good stuff off his throws.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I don't care if he plays completely differently, it is Mega Man.

I'll learn to play him and destroy people with him.

And I am going to scream "Super Fighting Robot!" when I do cool stuff with him :megaman:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

:megaman: RAISE YOUR MEGAMANS :megaman:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gonna be playing this nonstop til release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3-Qo9wHH4

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Spectacle Rock posted:

I don't care if he plays completely differently, it is Mega Man.

I'll learn to play him and destroy people with him.

And I am going to scream "Super Fighting Robot!" when I do cool stuff with him :megaman:

I really hope Smash 4 is competitively viable so it gets played at tournaments and that Mega Man is a popular choice so that crowds can just scream "SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT" every two matches. :megaman:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ChaosArgate posted:

I really hope Smash 4 is competitively viable so it gets played at tournaments and that Mega Man is a popular choice so that crowds can just scream "SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT" every two matches. :megaman:

If past experience has taught us anything, the last thing someone should want is for their character to actually be tournament viable since inevitably it'll make everyone hate them because of Gamer Honour or something.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I don't care if he's the shittiest fighter but if Shulk is in then I will play him forever. Before that, Peach and Zelda were my go-tos but the possibility of Shulk in the game has made me really want to pick it up.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Gonna be playing this nonstop til release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3-Qo9wHH4

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Waffleman_ posted:

That doesn't matter, because Xenogears is a PS1 title from 1998 that does not feature Shulk.

You are super edgy and cool for calling him out on confusing a bunch of xeno games he's probably never played before.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The other Xeno series is funny because it's basically multiple attempts to tell some insanely complicated worldbuilding JRPG franchise that was originally supposed to span six entire full games, and they kept having to massively compromise their story to fit within their inadequate budget

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
Wii Fit Trainer was super-fun to play as at the Best Buy Smashfest. I'm gonna give all the newcomers a try, but I'm particularly interested in Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina. Greninja looks like a cross between Lucario and Sheik, so I'll probably pick him up pretty well too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Excels posted:

The other Xeno series is funny because it's basically multiple attempts to tell some insanely complicated worldbuilding JRPG franchise that was originally supposed to span six entire full games, and they kept having to massively compromise their story to fit within their inadequate budget

It's a shame too because Xenogears had some really cool ideas in it. Then of course Square decided to pump all their money into Final Fantasy VIII instead. Oh, what could have been!! :arghfist::(

• Locked thread