Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm the AC unit cooling the heated water.

That's a dehumidifier chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm the AC unit cooling the heated water.

Saw an add for a nice new loft in Atlanta. Dishwasher was right beside the refrigerator.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Coredump posted:

Saw an add for a nice new loft in Atlanta. Dishwasher was right beside the refrigerator.

My apartment has this arrangement too, and the fridge is right in front of the only west-facing window.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

The Milkman posted:

That's a dehumidifier chief

Yeah my house is old as gently caress (about 130 years) and my basement gets all lovely and humid anytime it rains.

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!
My gaming den:

and if i swivel the chair around:

In the middle of selling a bunch of old gaming gear so its a bit messy.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Repainted the room, so for a change there's a clean desk that I can take a picture of.

(Looking at this, I should finally remove those stickers, they've been there for years.)

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

New arrangement for the Nerd Cave:

Still not crazy happy about the setup (I'm looking for a new desk and chair), but it will do for now.

Commander Jebus fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 29, 2020

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Lt. Jebus posted:

Still not crazy happy about the setup (I'm looking for a new desk and chair), but it will do for now.

Whats with the right channel speaker being completely misplaced compared to the other two?

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

Don Lapre posted:

Whats with the right channel speaker being completely misplaced compared to the other two?

It was just up there temporarily as I set stuff up and I forgot to put it back down for the pictures.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Lt. Jebus posted:

That keyboard, which one is it?

--edit: vvv Thanks!

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 24, 2014

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

Combat Pretzel posted:

That keyboard, which one is it?

Corsair Vengeance K70. Fully mechanical, I really like it.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Lt. Jebus posted:

Corsair Vengeance K70. Fully mechanical, I really like it.

K70 RGB just went up for preorder, fyi

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Combat Pretzel posted:

Repainted the room, so for a change there's a clean desk that I can take a picture of.

(Looking at this, I should finally remove those stickers, they've been there for years.)

:lol: your mousepad took me back. I used to scribble over paper to use as a mousepad all the time. Worked really well usually. Also is this a hdr photo?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

bowmore posted:

Poor student here, living on tech from 2007 and free poo poo from the local tip/library/neighbours garage.

is that Negima on the top of the PC?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

1gnoirents posted:

:lol: your mousepad took me back. I used to scribble over paper to use as a mousepad all the time. Worked really well usually. Also is this a hdr photo?
I never liked mouse pads. My mouse was wearing the laminate on the desk down, so I put a paper under it. Handy when you need to scribble down some values quickly, too.

The photo is not HDR (per-se, anyway), it's mostly just lighting. Some LED bulb from the roof, one from somewhere behind the chair and the monitor glow. Compressed the highlights and raised the shadows a little in Lightroom. I suppose the reflections on the chair give that impression.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's modest, but it's mine :)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm going to be the one who asks "why do you have a VCR player and what looks like a 2 deck tape audio cassette player hooked up?".

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

IUG posted:

I'm going to be the one who asks "why do you have a VCR player and what looks like a 2 deck tape audio cassette player hooked up?".

I'm going to guess vhs/cassette -> digital conversions.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

ratbert90 posted:

I'm going to guess vhs/cassette -> digital conversions.

This exactly - not shown are the Betamax and uMatic decks in the lower cabinet.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

IUG posted:

You can make a killing charging grandmas $60 to convert their old home movies to DVD.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Or you're like me - with closets full of old media that is slowly rotting

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Got a new chair (2nd hand) and mousepad. Also cut down a slab of Corian to sit atop my PC.

The evolution continues...

KingEup fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 31, 2014

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Hacked together a standing desk today. Got some Audioengine A2+'s on order and looking to get a mechanical keyboard here shortly.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

FireTora posted:

Hacked together a standing desk today. Got some Audioengine A2+'s on order and looking to get a mechanical keyboard here shortly.

Any chance you got a parts list for this? I can't remember if I've seen this before and it was too high/low for my height to comfortably use the keyboard.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Tedronai66 posted:

Any chance you got a parts list for this? I can't remember if I've seen this before and it was too high/low for my height to comfortably use the keyboard.

Based it off these.
http://www.pastoralized.com/2012/08/23/how-to-build-a-do-it-yourself-ikea-hacked-stand-up-desk/
http://wiki.colar.net/ikea_standing_desk
The Expedit Bookcase is now the Kallax and the Table top is the Linnmon
Ended up being ~42" tall at the table top. But you can adjust it up/down by getting either taller legs on the bottom or not using any at all.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Combat Pretzel posted:

I never liked mouse pads. My mouse was wearing the laminate on the desk down, so I put a paper under it. Handy when you need to scribble down some values quickly, too.

The photo is not HDR (per-se, anyway), it's mostly just lighting. Some LED bulb from the roof, one from somewhere behind the chair and the monitor glow. Compressed the highlights and raised the shadows a little in Lightroom. I suppose the reflections on the chair give that impression.

I'm guessing the chair threw me off for sure.

I didn't like mouse pads for a long time until I started spending 70-100 on mice. I guess the pads on them take to mouse pad material well. At the moment i'm using some metal one which I like at the moment, but that wrinkly paper mousepad seriously put me down memory lane. Flashbacks to 'hardcore' counter strike beta moments and indeed being able to write on your mousepad is way useful (and just throwing it away and getting another piece of paper)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Combat Pretzel posted:

Which desk is this? I'm looking to finally upgrade my L-shaped cheapo and it looks nice.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Hed posted:

Which desk is this? I'm looking to finally upgrade my L-shaped cheapo and it looks nice.
No idea, I bought it years ago in some regional furniture store. All I know is that it's made in Germany somewhere.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Tedronai66 posted:

I made an adjustable height standing desk out of Ikea parts using these:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80251141/#/80251358
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60261626/

It's not height adjustable as in "fancy pantsy press a bhutan and the thing slides up and down", but is fine for what I'm looking for.

advion
Jul 25, 2005
Updated nerd area. New desk, new room, new gpu and acquired a free Macbook Pro from a family member. (Some child smashed the trackpad with a plastic hammer. I just spent $70 for a new trackpad and some RAM and now have a decent i5 laptop.)

Whole corner. Still living like poo poo because I can't be assed to organize cables.

advion fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 6, 2014

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

advion posted:

Updated nerd area. New desk, new room, new gpu and acquired a free Macbook Pro from a family member. (Some child smashed the trackpad with a plastic hammer. I just spent $70 for a new trackpad and some RAM and now have a decent i5 laptop.)

Whole corner. Still living like poo poo because I can't be assed to organize cables.

what size LG is that? I really want an ultrawide, they look so sleek. How does the dual monitor work out? Are both sides 4:3?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Is that the UM65 or the UM95?

It's the 34 inch, right?

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Drogadon posted:

Is that the UM65 or the UM95?

It's the 34 inch, right?

34UM95-P

As for how does the dual monitor works I've not used the Dual Link Up. I use their Screen Split software occasionally which works fantastic. Most of the time I just roll like this though.

advion fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 7, 2014

jototo
Sep 3, 2003

Managed to snap a pic while it was clean.

shuriken
Dec 2, 2002
That's a nice looking case. Is it this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352024&cm_re=white_case-_-11-352-024-_-Product

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.
Internals

Desk

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I've never actually tested to hear if there's any difference, but with the Yeti you're supposed to orient the face of the mic at what you're recording for maximum :pcgaming:. Two of the condensers face forward-left & forward-right, the third faces back, and none face upward.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I've never actually tested to hear if there's any difference, but with the Yeti you're supposed to orient the face of the mic at what you're recording for maximum :pcgaming:. Two of the condensers face forward-left & forward-right, the third faces back, and none face upward.

I can't say for just speech, but you certainly can hear a difference if you're recording a musical instrument, especially if you just have the mic on a desk (so the condenser is facing a very close surface).

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

jototo posted:

Managed to snap a pic while it was clean.

I really like that case. I'm getting older and I'm about done with all these drat blue LEDs on my case. I just want something vanilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Hughmoris posted:

I really like that case. I'm getting older and I'm about done with all these drat blue LEDs on my case. I just want something vanilla.

You should take a close look at Nanoxia before you buy fractal design though. They have a very similar aesthetic, focus on noise reduction; but they tend to be better at both cooling and noise reduction, and are often cheaper too.