Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Why does every FFB asswad think I want to trade my one stater for their two bench players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

GNU Order posted:

Why does every FFB asswad think I want to trade my one stater for their two bench players?

I think it's the whole tendency to overvalue your own players and undervalue others. Also people think "hurr just maybe he will accept this!" Just respond back with his top 3 players for one on your bench and it should send the message.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
does anyone have that google docs spreadsheet of RBs and their backups?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Time posted:

does anyone have that google docs spreadsheet of RBs and their backups?

Here you go

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JsPppPDNPpM7DpAsv7ROWVGxTdl4b2UqaZhGrRILUks/edit#gid=920445069

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Why does it have Sankey as a starter, when there is no indication he will start? Is this blind optimism or just disbelief that anyone would start Shonne Green?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hey guys.

I've been invited to join a fantasy football league at work. I played fantasy football once, about 10 years ago. I play a ton of other fantasy sports though and actually feel like I have a small leg up on most of the guys in the office who don't really know what they're doing. We're drafting Wednesday, so I'm trying to do some pre-draft prep.

Originally it was set up as a standard league, but the commish has now changed it to a 0.2 PPR, which...strikes me as odd. It's a QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex/K/DST league and I'm drafting 9th of 12 teams. My initial research has alerted me to the scarcity and value of RB1s, so I'm considering someone like Demarco Murray at 9 (unless Jimmy Graham is there). There are no cheat sheets to help me with a friggin' 0.2 PPR though. Would you treat this more as a standard or 0.5 PPR when looking at mocks and such? My second pick will be at 16 - is that too high for someone like Gio Bernard?

Obviously the draft could play out in a lot of ways, but any tips as to how to approach it would be much appreciated, since it seems to be some slightly non-standard scoring.

fe: Also, points are awarded for return yards. Stupid questions: will this be attributed to my DST? Or would it be attributed to the individual players? Because Antonio Brown looks a hell of a lot more valuable if he's getting me return points too.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hey guys.

I've been invited to join a fantasy football league at work. I played fantasy football once, about 10 years ago. I play a ton of other fantasy sports though and actually feel like I have a small leg up on most of the guys in the office who don't really know what they're doing. We're drafting Wednesday, so I'm trying to do some pre-draft prep.

Originally it was set up as a standard league, but the commish has now changed it to a 0.2 PPR, which...strikes me as odd. It's a QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex/K/DST league and I'm drafting 9th of 12 teams. My initial research has alerted me to the scarcity and value of RB1s, so I'm considering someone like Demarco Murray at 9 (unless Jimmy Graham is there). There are no cheat sheets to help me with a friggin' 0.2 PPR though. Would you treat this more as a standard or 0.5 PPR when looking at mocks and such? My second pick will be at 16 - is that too high for someone like Gio Bernard?

Obviously the draft could play out in a lot of ways, but any tips as to how to approach it would be much appreciated, since it seems to be some slightly non-standard scoring.

fe: Also, points are awarded for return yards. Stupid questions: will this be attributed to my DST? Or would it be attributed to the individual players? Because Antonio Brown looks a hell of a lot more valuable if he's getting me return points too.

Beer4theBeerGod has some excellent sheets on players and their relative rank, and he does custom leagues too! Post in this form with your leagues specifics and it is automated to give you a custom sheet for your league.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CfWj3-7LWNBRl2-okKzAXrZm5AanLig0dc39UPfdUtc/viewform

Return yards are credited to the individual player.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hey guys.

.2 PPR? WTF? That is completely random! At .2, I really don't think it is going to change your approach all that much as 5 receptions will only net you 1 point. I would probably roll with your standard scoring approach, and any receptions you get would be a bonus.

Return yardage can go both ways, check your settings. I have seen DST yardage, as well as individual yardage, it may even be both. But yeah, guys like Antonio Brown and Cordarelle Patterson get a boost in return yardage leagues. Hester as well.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

OxySnake posted:

Not always true. I have KR/PR yds at .1/yd in two leagues I commish and those points go to the D/ST. Did it that way so people wouldn't have to deal with the consideration of drafting a WR4 on his potential return duties.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

OxySnake posted:

Beer4theBeerGod has some excellent sheets on players and their relative rank, and he does custom leagues too! Post in this form with your leagues specifics and it is automated to give you a custom sheet for your league.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CfWj3-7LWNBRl2-okKzAXrZm5AanLig0dc39UPfdUtc/viewform

Awesome, thanks. I had seen some sheets but wasn't aware of the form/custom input.

Beer4theBeerGod, you rule.

e: Just realized that the scoring breakdown on Yahoo is separated into Offense/Kickers/Defense, so the return yards apply to my individual players. Anyone outside of Brown/Patterson/Hester that should receive a bump from the return game?

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 24, 2014

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sataere posted:

Why does it have Sankey as a starter, when there is no indication he will start? Is this blind optimism or just disbelief that anyone would start Shonne Green?

Sankey is thought of as the starter because:
1) Greene looks old and slow
2) McCluster is not a starting caliber back
3) Hope

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Metapod posted:

3) Hope

On the flip side of this argument, Sankey has not looked good and has a terrible QB situation and if he starts will se a lot of stacked boxes.

I'm really too hot on him at his ADP but it all depends on how the draft shakes out.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

2QB league drafting in 15 minutes. I have done zero research for this season.

#2 pick, who should I go for? QB or whichever top RB is there?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

On the flip side of this argument, Sankey has not looked good and has a terrible QB situation and if he starts will se a lot of stacked boxes.

I'm really too hot on him at his ADP but it all depends on how the draft shakes out.

Sankey hasn't had a lot of reps with the first team and the qb situation is not terrible it is above average

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

QB. Peyton, Rodgers, or Brees.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

One of the big 3 QBs and another in the 2nd.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Go Go Gadget posted:

QB. Peyton, Rodgers, or Brees.

LmaoTheKid posted:

One of the big 3 QBs and another in the 2nd.

kinda figured. I've always gone QB/QB in 2QB leagues before, but last year a bunch of people in my league went with a different strategy.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

kinda figured. I've always gone QB/QB in 2QB leagues before, but last year a bunch of people in my league went with a different strategy.

in 2QB leagues there literally is no other strategy unless the scoring hates QBs.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Capitalize on their idiocy.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Metapod posted:

3) Hope

This is called a running back by committee, hth

Traded Sankey for Sanders in one league and G. Tate in another and feeling good about it.

JiUC
Aug 3, 2004

X-ray reflectivity is a technique used to study crystalline structures. Making use of Bragg's law, λ=2dsin(θ), one can assess the thickness of a thin film by measuring the angle of total reflection, and compar

I remember last year there was a Beer Sheets excel file where I just inputted my auction league rules/which picks had been made and it adjusted my sheet accordingly. Does that exist this year?

edit: it had measures for "inflation" and whatnot that would adjust as the auction went on...

edit 2: nevermind, found it. I assume it's been discussed in the thread but for anyone who (like me) came to the end of the thread at the last minute:
http://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/2e6hl4/elbobertos_custom_cheatsheet_and_auction_value/

JiUC fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 25, 2014

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Malloreon posted:

in 2QB leagues there literally is no other strategy unless the scoring hates QBs.

Got Manning, RG3 and Foster so far.

Armond Poopson
Apr 29, 2008

If you got any open spots in a pay league, hit me up:

tristan.edward.abbott@gmail.com

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Armond Poopson posted:

If you got any open spots in a pay league, hit me up:

tristan.edward.abbott@gmail.com

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659805

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

So has Yahoo! hosed up for anyone else?

10 Team 1QB/2RB/3WR/1FLX/1TE/1DST/1K 1PPR league.

I drafted this team.

It's showing I have this team.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Gyshall posted:

Traded Sankey for Sanders in one league and G. Tate in another and feeling good about it.

Gross, best of luck but I don't think those are good trades.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VDay posted:

Doesn't have a ton of fantasy impact, but Bradford's out for the year.

And the other NFC West DSTs get just a little bit better.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

OxySnake posted:

So has Yahoo! hosed up for anyone else?

10 Team 1QB/2RB/3WR/1FLX/1TE/1DST/1K 1PPR league.

I drafted this team.

It's showing I have this team.

This happened in my draft, but the "Draft Results" tab under "Draft Central" has the actual drafting, so it seems the right information was preserved.

Banned for Life
Feb 14, 2014

yougottabecrittingme
Well here's what happened in my draft today. I'm not sure how to feel but it seems like it's going to be yet another losing season.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Banned for Life posted:

Well here's what happened in my draft today. I'm not sure how to feel but it seems like it's going to be yet another losing season.

Jesus, how long did that draft take?

Also unless you are in a league with like 6 people you should probably spank pretty well.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So what does Bradford's injury do to Stacy's value? Teams can stuff 8 in the box all day long with no threat at qb and lackluster wrs. Im thinking that injury kinda kills any value Stacy had. Yeah he is their only threat and should get a ton of touches but I could see 25 carries a game for 65 yards and 0 tds or receptions.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Like someone said earlier, Stacy broke out last year without Bradford around...

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Stacy gone eat and the backup QB is good enough to keep most secondaries honest.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Zypher posted:

Like someone said earlier, Stacy broke out last year without Bradford around...

Ahh I missed it. I couldnt remember how many games Bradford played last year. I was high on Stacy before the injury so I was curious about after. Good to know he put up numbers without Sam there last year.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Today after freaking out because nobody would trade down their 1st to me I drafted Eddie Lacy at 12 and Demaryius Thomas at 13.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
Guys, I did it... I've assembled my greatest fantasy team ever. It's a dynasty 16-team 2-QB league (which is terrible, I don't recommend it) with an auction draft. You're allowed to keep however many guys you want but at the expense of a lower auction budget.

Now normally in an auction draft I'm always too careful with my money and I end up with a bunch of mid-tier guys. But this year I went all in on starters, filled my bench with a bunch of rookies, and crossed my fingers that everyone stays healthy.

Also, it didn't hurt that only half the league showed up for the draft and the rest left it to their pre-draft rankings. Anyway, for reference my keepers were: Jay Cutler, Lesean McCoy, Deandre Hopkins, Luke Kuechly, James Laurinaitis, and Chris Long

Here's my team:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just drafted in a $50 league where the commish was a first timer, and everyone else apparently was too. My team is so stacked it's crazy. I picked 8th overall in a 10 team, non-ppr league.

1.8- Calvin Johnson
2.3- AJ Green
3.8- Giovani Bernard
4.3- Doug Martin
5.8- Zac Stacy
6.3- Andre Ellington
7.8- Michael Floyd
8.3- Ray Rice
9.8- Jay Cutler
10.3- Cordelle Patterson
11.8- Jordan Reed
12.3- Emmanuel Sanders
13.8- Andy Dalton
14.3- Reggie Wayne
15.8- Danny Woodhead

There were value picks such as Matthew Stafford at 15th overall, and Tom Brady 20th. Andrew Luck and RG3 both went in the third round. Someone made the safe pick with Seattle defense in the 5th round, since all that was left at that point were scrubs like Gronkowski, Ellington, Stacy, etc. Chris Ivory in the 7th was a great pickup for someone.

I love this league :)

RCarr fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 25, 2014

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Faltese Malkin posted:

Guys, I did it... I've assembled my greatest fantasy team ever. It's a dynasty 16-team 2-QB league (which is terrible, I don't recommend it) with an auction draft. You're allowed to keep however many guys you want but at the expense of a lower auction budget.

Now normally in an auction draft I'm always too careful with my money and I end up with a bunch of mid-tier guys. But this year I went all in on starters, filled my bench with a bunch of rookies, and crossed my fingers that everyone stays healthy.

Also, it didn't hurt that only half the league showed up for the draft and the rest left it to their pre-draft rankings. Anyway, for reference my keepers were: Jay Cutler, Lesean McCoy, Deandre Hopkins, Luke Kuechly, James Laurinaitis, and Chris Long

Here's my team:

Five first or second round picks sounds glamorous.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, I'm happy NFL.com likes my chances so much, and I may not be a mathematician, but I don't think this is right somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, I'm happy NFL.com likes my chances so much, and I may not be a mathematician, but I don't think this is right somehow.

Your superior drafting caused a glytch in the matrix :stare:

• Locked thread