Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/24/6063149/hacker-threat-diverts-flight-carrying-sony-online-president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valgeta
Aug 21, 2014

by Ralp
add me on steam, friends: SCSteveAustin

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

lmao that "lizard squad" (aka one dude who purchased a botnet) is gonna get wrecked

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Vegeta posted:

add me on steam, friends: SCSteveAustin

No thanks.

Valgeta
Aug 21, 2014

by Ralp

why not?

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
http://steamcommunity.com/id/granbar/

add me please!?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

the borderlands games desperately need a teleport to town button or item or something

town portals would be wonderful

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
borderlands is more fun with buddies. gonna be on again after i eat.

the psycho guy is surprisingly fun

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vegeta posted:

this owns and i wish you good luck. did i see you mention using unreal engine 4 for this?>

thanks man!!! and yeah definitely ue4. not a SINGLE line of code, all done with the blueprint system

at the moment most of the work is going into building the framework of the game so adding a new ship/level for example means just doing that instead of having to update a whole lot of things just to accommodate it

I kinda want there to be lots of ship. LOTs of ships, lots more than people will want or need to play the game. one day down the track id like to add multiplayer which ue4 should make pretty easy but make it a bit like the old scorched earth where everyone starts out with small money and the games are short and upgrade quickly and offer lots of choice of ships to do so

most of all at every point I am trying to ask, is this fun or a burden. I want a damage system but it's gotta be fun

I'm thinking of : u get damaged in a level. I you exit the level [completed or not] u lose all your damage. if you quit level you retain that damage and can get it repaired if u want. if your ship gets destroyed in level u lose it altogether.

etx. suggestions revert welcome

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/harrohalflife

add me if u want but i play like literally no multiplayer games. other than sonic racing transformed i guess

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

echinopsis posted:

thanks man!!! and yeah definitely ue4. not a SINGLE line of code, all done with the blueprint system

at the moment most of the work is going into building the framework of the game so adding a new ship/level for example means just doing that instead of having to update a whole lot of things just to accommodate it

I kinda want there to be lots of ship. LOTs of ships, lots more than people will want or need to play the game. one day down the track id like to add multiplayer which ue4 should make pretty easy but make it a bit like the old scorched earth where everyone starts out with small money and the games are short and upgrade quickly and offer lots of choice of ships to do so

most of all at every point I am trying to ask, is this fun or a burden. I want a damage system but it's gotta be fun

I'm thinking of : u get damaged in a level. I you exit the level [completed or not] u lose all your damage. if you quit level you retain that damage and can get it repaired if u want. if your ship gets destroyed in level u lose it altogether.

etx. suggestions revert welcome

post some screenshots or something dude

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Panty Saluter posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/harrohalflife

add me if u want but i play like literally no multiplayer games. other than sonic racing transformed i guess

okay

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
huh i thought i was close to the end of amalur but looks like i'm maybe halfway through

lol gently caress this, deleted

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Cold on a Cob posted:

huh i thought i was close to the end of amalur but looks like i'm maybe halfway through

lol gently caress this, deleted
i hit the level cap and had the best weapon possible while still on the first continent and just lost all desire to keep playing

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

why does .net framework take up 3 gigs

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

sl39 after about nine hours, lost about 18,000 souls so far :( being a caster owns though 10/10 would do wny time i just want to sprint through the game and have a good time

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

I added you and now my steam is stuck in finnish or something

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Liver Disaster posted:

sl39 after about nine hours, lost about 18,000 souls so far :( being a caster owns though 10/10 would do wny time i just want to sprint through the game and have a good time

wait until you switch to ng+ and can't spend the 100K souls from the end boss until you beat 1-1 again

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

borderlands is more fun on weed

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Silver Alicorn posted:

I added you and now my steam is stuck in finnish or something

finnish your breakfast before it gets cold! xD

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Liver Disaster posted:

finnish your breakfast before it gets cold! xD

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

why does .net framework take up 3 gigs

why does anything do anything?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Added all the YOSgamers. ^_^

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Added all the YOSgamers. ^_^

thanks knuc i cant wait to game with you

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
ftl status: finally beat the rebel flagship, that thing is bullshit

I had ridiculously good luck and great weapons/augments/crew and still nearly lost like 4 times

only thing that saved me was having a bunch of drone parts and a hull repair drone to fix my ship up between every single encounter, and having my missiles cause huge breaches/fires almost every single shot

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they are speed pants. make the assassin go faster

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
elite: dangerous is awesome in beta and is gonna be spectacular when it's done

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

thanks knuc i cant wait to game with you

I'll actually add you. Not any of these other dumbasses.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Syncopated posted:

post some screenshots or something dude

Valgeta
Aug 21, 2014

by Ralp

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'll actually add you. Not any of these other dumbasses.

I didn't want you to add me bub

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that.

what the gently caress

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
:dealwithit:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

i can feel my hand cramping already

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pc gaming

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*vomits everywhere uncontrollably*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Miley Virus posted:

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that.

what the gently caress

oh poo poo that's my fault. welp

I need to make a bit more content I think

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

pro gaming or something. see also:

• Locked thread