Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
This is the best thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

True, but we can at least know when hurricanes and tornadoes are coming, right? We're always completely in the dark as to when the next big earthquake will arrive.

Yeah, but still, I'd usually take a surprise earthquake (ie: any earthquake) over a tornado or hurricane that you can KIND OF see coming, but not THAT far in advance. I guess when you grow up with earthquakes, though, they're usually pretty un-scary. "Oh hey, look, the ground is moving. Nothing's falling on my head, so I'm going back to sleep."

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
hurricanes you generally have at least 3 days warning where it's likely to go. they're not really a surprise event

i guess in places like new jersey where they have poo poo for zoning regulations and a mild tropical storm can destroy entire towns it's different, but whatever

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The British embassy in Washington prepared a special cake to commemorate the 200th anniversary of them burning down the White House.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I'm disappointed they didn't go all and have a little marzipan Dolly Madison carrying the painting across the yard.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Joementum posted:

The British embassy in Washington prepared a special cake to commemorate the 200th anniversary of them burning down the White House.

I think it's adorable how they and Canadians think that's something we care about.:3:

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Of course the Brits would also secretly be on the whole admiralty law bandwagon. Makes perfect sense.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ReindeerF posted:

Of course the Brits would also secretly be on the whole admiralty law bandwagon. Makes perfect sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XPHL4Q86t4

:britain:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I would much rather have a surprise earthquake every twenty years-ish than a hurricane season every goddamn year.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

I think it's adorable how they and Canadians think that's something we care know about.:3:

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Majorian posted:

I think it's adorable how they and Canadians think that's something we care about.:3:

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=340

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

All along I thought I didn't understand opera because it was in Italian, but apparently it's unintelligible no matter what language they sing in.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

All along I thought I didn't understand opera because it was in Italian, but apparently it's unintelligible no matter what language they sing in.

That's because you're supposed to hear it with your GUT!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I think that's the incomparably awesome Bryn Terfel singing that. However, I see your slideshow and raise you THIS!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Majorian posted:

I think that's the incomparably awesome Bryn Terfel singing that. However, I see your slideshow and raise you THIS!

:wales:

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
GOD HELP TEH QUEAN!!@#

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ReindeerF posted:

GOD HELP TEH QUEAN!!@#

Well, I'm not helping her.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well, I'm not helping her.
Not your God, the REAL one.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ReindeerF posted:

Not your God, the REAL one.

Oh, yeah? Well, I guess that's just another one to add to the list of PEOPLE I WON'T BE DYING FOR!

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
HE LOVES YOU ANYWAY PRAY FOR ARE COUNTRY GOD BLESS U SA

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReindeerF posted:

*Unless you're gay.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ReindeerF posted:

I don't love you. I'm what you might call a more exclusive Jesus. A JesusXP, if you will. :smaug:

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

DemeaninDemon posted:

*Unless you're gay.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh dear God, I hadn't seen that photo of him. That's just tragic.

He's like a right-wing self-hating Charles Nelson Reilly.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

More than anything, this reminds me of various scenes in The Thing when this or that crew member is revealed to be infected and mutates out of all proportion.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I've seen that smile before.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

kelvron posted:

I've seen that smile before.

Ahahaha, right up the Tea Party dumper.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Looks like a shot out of Tim and Eric

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gail Wynand posted:

Looks like a shot out of Tim and Eric

REMAIN IN CLOSET

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ReindeerF posted:

GOD HELP TEH QUEAN!!@#
There is an utterly shocking amount of British D&D posters who are ready to defend their monarchy and really believe in it. It's like how the Dutch posters defend Zwarte Piet. "BUT SHE BRINGS TOURISM DOLLARS AND DOESN'T ACTUALLY USE HER IMPERIAL POWERS EVER" gently caress off.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
If you get rid of the royal family the tabloid and cheesy collectibles industries in the UK will collapse :911:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysGhTQss9tE

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

cheerfullydrab posted:

There is an utterly shocking amount of British D&D posters who are ready to defend their monarchy and really believe in it. It's like how the Dutch posters defend Zwarte Piet. "BUT SHE BRINGS TOURISM DOLLARS AND DOESN'T ACTUALLY USE HER IMPERIAL POWERS EVER" gently caress off.

Yeah, well, at least she's harmless and we Americans can get a good laugh off of her. Unlike Zwarte Piet, who magically possesses Northern Europeans and makes them ridiculously racist when they're not being sanctimonious.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
man if the Brits had switched to the Euro it would've been awkward as gently caress when the other commonwealth countries still use their money with the queen's face on it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

man if the Brits had switched to the Euro it would've been awkward as gently caress when the other commonwealth countries still use their money with the queen's face on it

Boom.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Majorian posted:

Yeah, well, at least she's harmless and we Americans can get a good laugh off of her. Unlike Zwarte Piet, who magically possesses Northern Europeans and makes them ridiculously racist when they're not being sanctimonious.
They have a little old lady who sits in a fancy house guarded by ceremonial troops, who legally has all the powers of a dictator, that they worship, put on the money, sing about, and they defend it. Even the left-wingers. Also us Americans love the poo poo out of that little old lady and her stupid inbred family, which is horribly sickening in its own way.

e: really just as harmful as Zwarte Piet, if not moreso.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

cheerfullydrab posted:

They have a little old lady...who legally has all the powers of a dictator

Ehhhhh, I wouldn't overstate this...

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Majorian posted:

Ehhhhh, I wouldn't overstate this...

I want one of your dumb inbreds to go hog wild and flex their administrative muscle one day so the entire institution is finally done away with, or we get English Civil War 2: Parliamentarian Boogaloo.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Bummed out that those nasty anti-Semites aren't openly posting about how they hate Jews? Make the anti-Semitic posts yourself and make another account to yell at yourself!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Perhaps trying a little too hard to prove that they are British, the UK embassy has now apologized for it's earlier reminder that they burned down the White House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
There is so much dumb, redundant staff at the White House. I have Mondays off, so today begins my campaign of writing Joe Biden asking to be Chief Usher and Maybe Reconsidering Not Drinking.

• Locked thread