Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Inoki does stuff like this fairly frequently and his visits get reported in state media simply mentioning that he's the president of the IGF (and almost all people who make the newspapers give a statement of praise to the country) and not mentioning what IGF stands for or that it's a pro-wrestling organisation so that it legitimises the government when in reality it's a desperate pro-wrestler asking for attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

individual865 posted:

B-League Update!

Shooto Brasil: BOPE 3 (SWAT team fight time)![/b]

Join us in #mma to chat about weird fighters fighting weirdly!

This is live

http://www.agoranatv.tv/canais/combate.html

Sunday MMA

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Inoki does stuff like this fairly frequently and his visits get reported in state media simply mentioning that he's the president of the IGF (and almost all people who make the newspapers give a statement of praise to the country) and not mentioning what IGF stands for or that it's a pro-wrestling organisation so that it legitimises the government when in reality it's a desperate pro-wrestler asking for attention

How dare you claim Inoki does things for attention.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Lid posted:

How dare you claim Inoki does things for attention.

Make this an av pls. My search is over.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gregor Samsa posted:

Make this an av pls. My search is over.

Take your pick.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Maybe probably nothing, but Lorenzo just started following Michael Chandler on Twitter. Now, I can't imagine they'd actually let him go, but he did the same thing a few days prior to absorbing Invicta's strawweight division

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Letting Alvarez go is one thing, but if they're letting Michael Chandler go then they might as well not even have a lightweight division. So I'd wager it's nothing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Bubba Smith posted:

Letting Alvarez go is one thing, but if they're letting Michael Chandler go then they might as well not even have a lightweight division. So I'd wager it's nothing.

On the other hand this is Bellator, bleeding money and with Scott Coker looking to cut costs.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Scott Coker is going to spend more than ever with Viacom behind him, I don't think cutting costs is in his gameplan, rebuilding Bellator's image is his main challenge is probably why Eddie Alvarez got released

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

They've traded Chandler for Thomson. Arlovski for Thompson is also on the table.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Scott Coker is going to spend more than ever with Viacom behind him, I don't think cutting costs is in his gameplan, rebuilding Bellator's image is his main challenge is probably why Eddie Alvarez got released

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If this is a reputable source, the big news is actually that Bellator is scaling back operations by a lot and only going to have 15 or 16 shows next year. They've done 13 shows this year so far (haven't had an event since July) and were on pace for about 25, same as last year I'd say.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
I hope B-leagues improve. It was cool having good fighters outside the UFC

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Lid posted:

Take your pick.

You are a god prophet.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Less events but bigger contracts, I'm guessing. Coker has all ready voiced that he is happy to be backed by Viacom

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Bellator has cut the following gents:

• Attila Vegh
  • Shahbulat Shamhalaev
  • Des Green
  • Bryan Baker
  • Mark Godbeer
  • Justin Torrey
  • Egidijus Valavicius
  • Sergio Junior
  • Rodney Wallace
  • Ron Sparks
  • Patrick Cenoble
  • Austen Heidlage
  • MIGHTY MO

Kind of surprised they haven't let go Frodo since he wants to be let go. He hasn't fought for a while due to visa issue

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

LobsterMobster posted:

Bellator has cut the following gents:

• Attila Vegh
  • Shahbulat Shamhalaev
  • Des Green
  • Bryan Baker
  • Mark Godbeer
  • Justin Torrey
  • Egidijus Valavicius
  • Sergio Junior
  • Rodney Wallace
  • Ron Sparks
  • Patrick Cenoble
  • Austen Heidlage
  • MIGHTY MO

Kind of surprised they haven't let go Frodo since he wants to be let go. He hasn't fought for a while due to visa issue

I don't follow Bellator very closely, are these seriously real actual fighter names? They almost all sound like an online D&D halfling name generator.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Bluedeanie posted:

I don't follow Bellator very closely, are these seriously real actual fighter names? They almost all sound like an online D&D halfling name generator.

Glad JT isn't on there, Scott didn't want him for the Strikeforce HW GP pre winning streak and I was worried it was something personal when Mauro laughed at me for the suggestion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bluedeanie posted:

Bellator has a lot of dead weight now that they're not doing tournaments.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coconono posted:

Bellator has a lot of dead weight now that they're not doing tournaments.

Green and Shabby Sham-Wow are really the only two guys I'm upset that got cut (maybe Sparks and Mighty Mo, but that's because I get sad when any tragedy befalls a supperweight)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
SHO NUFF THE MASTER

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Attila Vegh has the coolest name and was a former champ, and I don't recall a single thing about his fights

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

-Atom- posted:

Attila Vegh has the coolest name and was a former champ, and I don't recall a single thing about his fights

I think he opened up his Bellator tenure with a couple savage KOs and then followed that up with a series of lackluster decisions. I refuse to look this up.

Edit I looked it up. He's the proud owner of a split-decision win over Daniel Spohn and a 25 second KO of Travis Wiuff.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 26, 2014

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Attila Vegh is the guy that Bellator pretended had a shoulder injury so they could do a Newton/King Mo rematch. Then the Attila/Newton match happened a year later and was very bad.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Veigh destroyed Travis Wiuff and has otherwise been an extremely boring fighter

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Veigh was the hardcore kid, right? Yeah he seemed to mentally crumble if he wasn't in the clear dominant position.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

coconono posted:

Veigh was the hardcore kid, right? Yeah he seemed to mentally crumble if he wasn't in the clear dominant position.

Haha, no. That's Emanuel Newton.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Emmanuel Newton destroyed King Mo and has otherwise been an extremely boring fighter.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Bluedeanie posted:

Shahbulat Shamhalaev is one of my favorite fighter names to say. He's the b-league Dagestani. He even lost to Khabib five years ago.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Stephan Bonnar just signed a multi-fight deal with Bellator.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

never change, Scott Coker

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
did Dana do his whole "gently caress that guy" thing and stick to it with Bonnar? why is Stephen doing this :(

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

maffew buildings posted:

did Dana do his whole "gently caress that guy" thing and stick to it with Bonnar? why is Stephen doing this :(

He's probably broke.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

I guess Titan FC ain't paying him enough to commentate and I didn't think he had a cushy, fake front office UFC job

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

maffew buildings posted:

well, Bonnar seems to be aiming for a Tito fight which I'm sure pleases Dana to some degree

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

-Atom- posted:

well, Bonnar seems to be aiming for a Tito fight which I'm sure pleases Dana to some degree

I hope it's partly for Coleman and partly for Shlemenko

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

maffew buildings posted:

i think he can beat rampage and king mo and make some sick dough

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bonnar is a UFC sleeper agent sent to take down Bellator's rising PPV star, of course, Tito Ortiz

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bonnar took the ALS challenge to the extreme.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Keep gettin them checks, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

maffew buildings posted:

CommonShore posted:

He's probably broke.

Stephan Bonnar is persona non grata at the UFC despite being in the Hall of Fame for starring in the TUF season that made the company and taking the Anderson fight where he got popped on short notice. Dana chewed him out. He was the original Chael (except that I suspect we'll see Chael back at the UFC/FOX in some capacity sooner since everybody loves Chael). Afterwards, Bonnar said he got a little depressed and crazy and spent his days investing money in stocks poorly and riding his dirtbike around the desert aimlessly and occasionally crashing into things. Apparently, he's settled down and learned how to invest and isn't bummed out anymore so that's a small silver lining to the Stephan Bonnar story. But yea, he's probably doing the Bellator job for steady money.