Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Thank you for the last 7 years of my life. Thanks for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again
The show that had a vampire turn another vampires head around 180 degrees while loving her ended with a happy picnic. Welp

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I don't know if it was just me, but I thought that was awful. Also, how many people live in Bon Temps at the end? I thought most of the people that lived there either died or left.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

LazyDivey posted:

True Blood: Sookie ends up with some lumberjack dude.

omg make this the thread title.

Make this the everything title.

please

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I just don't know what to think anymore. That was pretty terrible. They almost ruined Pam and Eric at the bitter loving end.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
After 70 minutes of heaven we get The Leftovers. Truly, an embarrassment of riches from HBO.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That was a truly terrible finale.

I don't even want to waste any more words on it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sd6 posted:

The show that had a vampire turn another vampires head around 180 degrees while loving her ended with a happy picnic. Welp

Last year we had "becomes lumberjack" as the worst show ending of the year.

This year I guess we're going with "picnic where nobody dies"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Well, the good thing is I can cancel HBO until Game of Thrones comes back.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

And everyone but Tara, Alcide, and Bill lived happily ever after.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I like the idea that Bill was actually turning human and Sookie still killed him.

Yeah I was kind of hoping for that outcome.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why would Eric go back to Fangtasia to sit in the stupid chair when he's a billionaire. He was only there in the first place because he was being forced.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
This was worse than Dexter. Dexter's finale was a middle finger to the viewers. This was the writers taking a poo poo and rubbing their fans faces all up in it.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

sd6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYPJHcw4t0

Remember how cool that was? <Sigh>

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Captain Mog posted:

This was worse than Dexter. Dexter's finale was a middle finger to the viewers. This was the writers taking a poo poo and rubbing their fans faces all up in it.

I feel like we could just call it a draw and say they're the worst finales on their respective networks since one is Showtime and the other HBO.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I must have missed it, but how was Sookie able to read Bill's mind?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

John Yossarian posted:

He was becoming human!

Sookie murdered him.

The deepest finale.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

John Yossarian posted:

There was a theory going around that Sookie's strain of Hep V was going to turn Bill human instead of killing him (because fairy blood), so that may have been a hint that this was indeed the case. I kind of hope so because it makes his end funnier.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
Wow, I didn't know that. That is pretty funny, Sookie just murdered a human.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Yeap, that was awful.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I wish the final season had just been the (mis)adventures of Eric and Pam. I really wouldn't have cared if we never heard from anyone else again.

SinistralRifleman
Oct 9, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nooneofconsequence posted:

I like the idea that Bill was actually turning human and Sookie still killed him.

Yep this is the only thing that makes the ending slightly less terrible.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Somehow the fake spoiler of Bill turning human may have been better than what we actually got.

Eric driving with dead bodies in the car was definitely the highlight of the episode.

So long Trueblood. :wave:

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Man that was terrible.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

What a boring finale. They could've easily cut 15 minutes, not that it would make it any better, mind you. I nearly fell asleep at the wedding and when Sookie was talking to the preacher.

Man, how did this show get so far off the rails?

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster
Did this show ever get any better after that sooki is a fairy season? that poo poo was dumb as hell and when i quit watching.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Terry Francona posted:

Did this show ever get any better after that sooki is a fairy season? that poo poo was dumb as hell and when i quit watching.

As someone who vaguely paid attention while his partner watched: no.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
What a horrible show.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Considering that True Blood was always violent, silly trash, wouldn't it have made more sense to end this with a bad guy on the level of season 5's Authority, or season 6's whatever Lilith was? This was never a show about quiet contemplation.

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster

Darth Windu posted:

As someone who vaguely paid attention while his partner watched: no.

Well that sucks i thought it was pretty ok up until that fairy stuff. was kinda hoping the writers or whoever was like welp that poo poo was lame and went back to the good stuff guess not.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Terry Francona posted:

Well that sucks i thought it was pretty ok up until that fairy stuff. was kinda hoping the writers or whoever was like welp that poo poo was lame and went back to the good stuff guess not.

Yeah I thought it was okay too. It just got really dumb and convoluted and I stopped caring about any of the characters aside from Lafayette a long time ago.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Terry Francona posted:

Kind of surprising considering that from what I understand even the book readers hate the fairy thing and the books are even shittier than the show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The following things were awesome to me about this show by the end:

-Layfayette
-Eric
-Kinda Jessica not because I like her character but because :swoon:
-???

Though I did always like Hoyt since he was always one of the most genuinely likable people on the show and I can't really remember any major rear end in a top hat moments from him that weren't caused by other people being terrible to him, so Hoyt getting a happy ending was pretty okay IMO. That said that felt so unbelievably anticlimactic. No violent body count except for Gus and some random goons in the first like five minutes (thanks Eric!), no Big Bad except for a loving disease, and then Sookie just kills Bill (possibly when he was turning human which is a loving amazing thought) and then is pregnant by some random dude in the flash forwards I guess?

This show was so cool until season 6. It was especially jarring since I marathoned the first 6 seasons on HBOGo since I'd heard so much about this show. What in the ever loving gently caress happened? Did the show get a new showrunner or something?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Darth Windu posted:

Yeah I thought it was okay too. It just got really dumb and convoluted and I stopped caring about any of the characters aside from Lafayette a long time ago.

Lafayette, Russell Edgington, Eric, Pam, Jason and Jessica. Those were who I watched the show for. I wish they had cut 10 minutes from BEEL dying and giving it to Pam and Eric. Also more head bobbing Eric driving in a car full of dead people. This show should have gone out on a high note and with a far more relevant theme: Eric, Jason, Lafayette and his new beau's prolonged sex scene. HOW COULD YOU TRUE BLOOD???? Not knowing your loyal audience for years: That is the real crime here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Tp-tL61xo

gently caress Sookie and her unbelievably stupid name.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I liked Vampire Bill for the first one or two seasons.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Von_Doom posted:

Lafayette, Russell Edgington, Eric, Pam, Jason and Jessica. Those were who I watched the show for. I wish they had cut 10 minutes from BEEL dying and giving it to Pam and Eric. Also more head bobbing Eric driving in a car full of dead people. This show should have gone out on a high note and with a far more relevant theme: Eric, Jason, Lafayette and his new beau's prolonged sex scene. HOW COULD YOU TRUE BLOOD???? Not knowing your loyal audience for years: That is the real crime here.

Or the line (from this season I think) about how Sookie is like a skin fungus that never really goes away.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This show was so cool until season 6. It was especially jarring since I marathoned the first 6 seasons on HBOGo since I'd heard so much about this show. What in the ever loving gently caress happened? Did the show get a new showrunner or something?

Alan Ball's last episode was the S5 finale.

This is also, not coincidentally, the last great episode of the whole show (aside from the one this season where they bust into the Hep V vamp hideout).

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

quote:

Having some wine and sitting on the patio getting ready to watch the end of True Blood. Will true love prevail?

From my Facebook feed, from a girl I went to high school with.

Somehow, somewhere I guess this finale was marketed this way and I ignored the warning signs. The whole middle 50 minutes were so slow and boring that it actually makes more sense to think they were trying to play up a TRUE LUV angle than just "lol lovely writing". I could have skipped this whole season.

They could have left Alcide out of it; Sookie could have had babies/puppies with him.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
A real true blood wedding should have gone something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDAsl5Y2ErM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Von_Doom posted:

I agree with all of this. I thought the fairy stuff was okay enough in the very beginning, but starting with S6...yeeeesh.

The last truly awesome moment in the show was the last scene of S5 IMO. Like I said I marathoned the first six seasons and "RUUUUUUUUUUUN!" *cue credits* was the last moment that really made me :aaa:. Also yeah, it does seem bizarre that the series finale of True Blood had no sex or nudity whatsoever.

I just rewatched it and the S5 ending really was the last real True Blood-isn moment IMO. God it was great.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 25, 2014

• Locked thread